PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted: Lemon Law

Lash
09-09-2006, 09:07 PM
How hard is it to push the lemon law?
My sister bought a Mazda 6 a few months ago and has had NOTHING but problems with it. Had it to the dealer 5+ times....and most of the problems aren't even fixed.

Tranny downshifts EXTREMELY hard (auto).

When you start to come to a stop the car will lurch forward all of a sudden...kinda like you let off the brakes and hit the gas for a second. She has almost rear-ended people on a few occasions because of this problem.

Steering wheels shakes and the brakes pulse slightly but the dealer INSISTS that they cant find anything thing wrong with the car.

She went to start the car yesterday and it wouldn't turn over. Checked the battery and it's fine. Had to get it towed back to the dealer. So now she's had a rental for the past 3 days.

The are more problems but these seem to be the major ones.

Would you put up with this? Are these problems ground to push the lemon law?
Mind you...the first 3 problems I listed the dealer has checked 2 or more times and cant fix them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Russ Jerome
09-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Documentation, keep a solid log of times/dates and costs associated
with the issues. Everything from personel time lost to assistance from
family/freinds to aid in dealer drop offs to the safety issues involved.

When and if she decides to return the car make sure your prepared.
Is this a new or pre owned vehicle? If used have you Carfaxxed it?
As a mechanic I have seen both sides of the fence, do other people
with mx6's complain of the convertor lockup or clutch's hanging up
issue in there autos? Some online research and printing out similar
issues other have will go a long way.

Lash
09-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Brand new car. Had around 5 miles when she got it (they had to order it for here).

Cjburn
09-09-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.carlemon.com/lemonstat.html

Look up Wisconsin, and it lists some good stuff for you to look at.

Cryptic
09-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I have pretty good opinions of Mazda's. I got to beat the snot out of almost every car at the Mazda Zoom Zoom last year. I would say what you described doesn't represent the experience one deserves when purchasing a new car.

Let us know how this pans for you. I'm curious how Mazda handles the situation.

HITMAN
09-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I have owned 3 Mazduhs. 2 GLC's and a 323GT. The first one, a '79 GLC w/rwd :thumbsup really was a Great Little Car. I paid a hundred dollars for it, delivered pizza with the thing for a year, and finally junked it because the drivers door wouldn't stay shut anymore.:eek: It still ran like a champ when I got rid of it, but the body was the biggest roach I've ever owned. My success with this car prompted me to buy GLC #2, a 1983 w/fwd. What a pile. It wasn't very reliable and I didn't own it for long. Then in 1997, I bought a 323GT from a friend of mine. If I had it to do over again, I would have been better off taking $3000 dollars and lighting it on fire. I would have had more fun watching it burn. I haven't bought a Mazda since, nor do I ever plan on owning another one. I realize that these were all used cars and beat to shit, but my Honduhs have all had MORE miles and have been FAR more reliable. Based on my ownership of both, IMO, Mazda isn't reliable over the long haul. Mazduh = Junk

Jared
09-10-2006, 02:01 AM
A friend of mine had a brand new mazda 6 and had to have a new tranny put in it after about 1000 miles and he never beat on it cause it was brand new. He traded it in at about 2500 miles when lug nuts started flying off on the freeway after several trips to the dealership to get it fixed. The car was nothing but problems for him.

Cjburn
09-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Funny thing is that Mitsu, Mazda, and to a lesser extent Nissan operate under the impression that, "Japanese cars are super reliable." The "halo of quality" created by Toyota and Honda. While Mitsu, Mazda, and Nissan, really don't produce anything that much better than Ford, Chrysler, or GM. Hell, Toyota has been having increasing quality problems, but nobody is going to write about it in the Japanese prefered automotive press.

84hurst
09-10-2006, 11:35 AM
A friend of mine had a brand new mazda 6 and had to have a new tranny put in it after about 1000 miles and he never beat on it cause it was brand new. He traded it in at about 2500 miles when lug nuts started flying off on the freeway after several trips to the dealership to get it fixed. The car was nothing but problems for him.

I'm surprised he kept the car that long! :goof

A B4C Z
09-10-2006, 12:13 PM
There is a guy that drives a yellow drop top C6 around town that his liscense plate is lemn law. Go figure. Anyway he gets a new vet basically when he wants to because he specializes in the lemon law. I dont know his name. But im sure someone might know it or hes in the phone book. All he deals with i guess is lemeon laws so he knows his way around to make you win.

Kyle

tommyt5078
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Ok, hope this helps. But read the law also......They have to have the car for over one month and not be able to fix the problem or they have three tries to fix the same problem, if either of these are the case then file papers with the state. Now on to the story!

I bought a Mercury Mountaineer 03' and about ten months into it I had a check engine come light on. Brought it in and they fix a fuel injector, the same thing happened again within two more month, and again in another month, and one more time for a total of four tries FOR THE SAME THING.(This all happened when all the bad gas or bad injector were going around, it was in all the local paper's)

I then spoke with the service manager to tell him I wanted a refund, he almost started to :rolf at me, So I spoke with the sales manager and he gave me papers to file with the state of Wisconsin, so I did and they set up a hearing with a panel of three people, and the hearing was at a local hotel in Brookfield. I took all of my documentation showing they tried to fix the same problem three time (this is what the law states, they have three times to try and fix the same problem). Some editing here, During the hearing I was asked what I wanted and told them a new car or a extended warranty. Before the hearing Ford called and offered an extended warranty and I said no thanks.

I ended up winning and I did this all by myself. They gave me back like 80% of the cash I put into the payments and a tax credit for the taxes I paid on the truck. The check was for like $8000 plus and the tax credit was around $1500. One of the best things to happen to me, went to Illinois and got a 05' STi for $29,995 put down over $4000, 2.9apr for 63 month, took the paperwork over to the DMV and gave them the tax credit and I'm one happy camper now...................:thumbsup GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Slow Joe
09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
My dad's had two vehicles go back on the lemon law - '99 Corvette & '04 Porsche Cayanne... PM Me if you have any questions about what to do, etc...

Biggest thing is documentation of issues, how often it happens, and if anyone else is present when it happens.

BadAzzGTA89
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
IMO she should have bought a cobalt:thumbsup

Slow Joe
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
IMO she should have bought a cobalt:thumbsup

I won't comment on this... :rolf I've driven a few of the ones that have came through our dealership with 13-15k... Weird squeeky rattley dashes...

Lash
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I won't comment on this... :rolf I've driven a few of the ones that have came through our dealership with 13-15k... Weird squeeky rattley dashes...

WOW!!! You mean one actually made it to that many miles without squeaking and rattling???

BadAzzGTA89
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I know the Sunfire did that then i beat on it a lil more and i fixed it:thumbsup

Slow Joe
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
WOW!!! You mean one actually made it to that many miles without squeaking and rattling???

No, it probably had been doing it for a while at that point...

Honestly I think the Mazda 6 is a good car, it just sounds like she got a bad one. The Fusion is essentially the same car and so far so good... Smooth as can be, and quiet...

I've driven a few of each (Fusion & 6), new and used, and never heard or felt anything like that out of any of 'em...

BrandoGT
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I know the Guy with the Yellow C6 and liscense plate that reads Lemon Law. His name is Vince Megna and he is the shizzle :rolf Actually I know him, because my best friends dad is Gerald Labarge of Jastroch and Labarge in Waukesha right across from moor downs. They are really good friends, went through law school together and such. I believe Vince is in their firm

Actually yeah he is right here in their lawyer profile
http://www.lemonattorney.com/attorney-profiles.shtml

Jastroch and Labarge main site for contact info.
http://www.jaslaw.com/

Vince Megnas Info site
http://www.vincemegna.com/

I hope some of this information helps you out.

Lash
09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I know the Guy with the Yellow C6 and liscense plate that reads Lemon Law. His name is Vince Megna and he is the shizzle :rolf Actually I know him, because my best friends dad is Gerald Labarge of Jastroch and Labarge in Waukesha right across from moor downs. They are really good friends, went through law school together and such. I believe Vince is in their firm

Actually yeah he is right here in their lawyer profile
http://www.lemonattorney.com/attorney-profiles.shtml

Jastroch and Labarge main site for contact info.
http://www.jaslaw.com/

Vince Megnas Info site
http://www.vincemegna.com/

I hope some of this information helps you out.

Just what I was looking for.

Thanks!

BrandoGT
09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
no problem. He is real good at what he does. He is the one that got some guys in waukesha with a viper with a bad diff I think $348,000.

mattGT95
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
a friend of mine bot a mazda 6 a few months ago and has had tranny problems with her's too. only difference is she has a manual. once in a while she says its really hard to shift. i've driven it a few times and it didn't happen like she says but it was a little harder than I'd expect for a few car.

they've had it in 3 or 4 times and it hasn't gotten fixed yet. she was talking about trying to do the lemon law thing.

05caddyext
09-12-2006, 04:39 PM
good luck. dealer will claim thats why they have warranties.

Lash
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
good luck. dealer will claim thats why they have warranties.

true...but thats also why WE have the lemon law. ;)