PDA

View Full Version : ATV group ride?

88Nightmare
09-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Some people expressed interest in getting a group of 4wheelers together and go for a ride. Who wants to get somethin goin? I'm off all weekend and I'm lookin to get the quad out some more and put some more hours on it. I got a spot to ride if its just a couple of guys who want to putz around on some land, but if we get a nice group goin, maybe we could all throw in a couple bucks and split the cost of a campsite up in Black River Falls or somethin? Anyone have land up north they want to share with us for ridin? Whos interested and who's got ideas? Also, anyone in the Oak Creek area feel like putzin around at all this weekend? Riding alone is boring, post up or pm me if ya want to ride this weekend.

Otherwise, who wants to make a fall weekend trip somewhere?

Brandon W.
09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
i just got my Scrambler back together,and broken in.. i would be up for a group ride..but we should plan it for a few months from now..plus i cant really do anything until my car is done so. ill be busy for the next few weeks..

68RR440
09-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I'll go...

If only I had an ATV... :goof

DirtyMax
09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
My machines are up north at our house near Crivitz. From our house, we trailer about 20 miles and catch ATV trails that far and away outdistance any fuel tank (i.e. you can ride this thing from dusk til dawn and not cross the same piece of trail twice if you don't want to). The trails down here suck so I don't even bring them home all summer.

There is a club near Watertown now though with about 40 miles of trails that I wouldn't mind looking more into. Other than that, you have to go to Bong which is really gay, Monroe, which is pretty far just to go for a day, or risk a fat ticket on the Root.

Anyhow, here's the website for that place out near Watertown:

http://www.crawfishatvriders.4t.com/

88Nightmare
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
much appreciated! so...... when we goin to Crivitz? :D

DirtyMax
09-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Thought about going tonight but now I'd have too much to do in order to get up there at a decent time tonight. I'll let you know when I'm going up there next with intentions to ride. You're welcome to come. Bow season is just about upon us though and that's pretty much where my priorities are this time of the year.

88Nightmare
09-08-2006, 04:11 PM
oh for sure. hunting is great. never been bow hunting though, I'd probably shoot myself in the head. :D Im sure there are some people on this forum that wouldnt mind seein that either :D :D Anyway, that would be great for an invite up there!

68RR440
09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I'd probably shoot myself in the head. :D Im sure there are some people on this forum that wouldnt mind seein that either
I'd be willing to tag along, sounds like fun :wow

DirtyMax
09-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I invite people up there all the time. We got 160 acres to ride around on (not in fall though when I'm hunting.. you gotta go to the trails then), thousands of acres of public land connected to us to go small game hunt ing, etc. 2 different boat launches for 2 different lakes 5 mins away, bars nearby to pick up townies, whatever your fancy.

I'm makin' muthatruckas from BCM who come up sign a waiver though. :goof

88Nightmare
09-08-2006, 06:38 PM
not a problem. ill sign a waiver. let me know when you are goin, try to give me some advance notice :D

sidewayzbimmer
09-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Id be down! Crivitz is awesome our family has owed land there for MANY years! Great riding. I think black river falls is overrated! Ever go to kewaunee? This would have to be planned for the future weekends so i can ask off.

bryan

HP ADDICT
09-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I would definitly be down for this if there is more notice. I havent rode my atv once this year.

Quick96ss
09-10-2006, 10:58 AM
i would go just let me know when and where

70challenger
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
id be down... as soon as i get mine fixed. i also know of a place up in rome (kind of by coloma, wautoma, in that area) and its a atv park. they got an mx track with doubles and tabletops and stuff, a supermoto track which i probably reached 75 mph in some spots, alot of one way trails that u can really crank through, and a few mud pits. on top of that i believe the state trails run right along the parking lot so you can go anywhere from there. its about 145 miles from the waukesha area and its $10 for a day pass.

88Nightmare
09-11-2006, 06:38 AM
70challenger, could you get me an exact location on this atv park?

70challenger
09-11-2006, 07:47 AM
yeah ill ask my buddy for the flyer today and ill let you know

DirtyMax
09-11-2006, 08:42 AM
I believe this is the place he's talking about....

http://www.rapidangels.com/dyracuse.htm

http://www.my411site.net/dyracuse/

70challenger
09-11-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah thats the palce, i was gonna just post the same website, but you beat me to it. click on the my411site page and theres lots of photos

88Nightmare
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
any places in the area to stay, like campgrounds or somthin? Rome is quite a drive... Make it a weekend trip maybe? Who wants to organize something for a few weekends in the future?

70challenger
09-12-2006, 12:51 AM
romes not too bad of a drive about 145 miles for me (waukesha area). last time we just made a day trip and it wasnt too bad. it was about a 2 1/2 hour trip. the place i went before in lannon got shut down so thats the closest place for good riding that i know of. BTW, anybody ever been to BONG recreational park in kenosha area?

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 08:13 AM
BTW, anybody ever been to BONG recreational park in kenosha area?

It ranks right up there with riding in your backyard. :rolleyes:

Monroe Cheese Trail isn't too terribly far and that's decent riding.

http://www.tricountytrails.com/

purpl72olds
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Yea, 70challenger dont forget we found another place in rockford, ill but havent been there yet either. Anyone come up with a date they would like to ride ?

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Anyone come up with a date they would like to ride ?

I'm booked through Thanksgiving with hunting and etc. Winter rides are fun though...

HP ADDICT
09-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah Bong is very boring. Cheese trails are ok but the trails are just wide open gravel roads which are no fun unless you are doing 70mph on them. I would like to go somewhere that takes a little skill. Anyone got a date in mind. Private land would be great so I wouldn't have to get my stickers.

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
If you want the ultimate challege, go up and do the Dead Horse Run. We were planning to do this in early-mid October but our deer zone is fuggin Earn-a-Buck so now I have to waste time and go whack some does. :fire

Anywho, here's the info on the Dead Horse. By far the most challenging trail in the state:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/trailsntours/che_dead_horse_run.html

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/trailsntours/map_dead_horse.html

HP ADDICT
09-12-2006, 12:28 PM
If you want the ultimate challege, go up and do the Dead Horse Run. We were planning to do this in early-mid October but our deer zone is fuggin Earn-a-Buck so now I have to waste time and go whack some does. :fire

Anywho, here's the info on the Dead Horse. By far the most challenging trail in the state:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/trailsntours/che_dead_horse_run.html

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/trailsntours/map_dead_horse.html
Well I definitly would like to go up there. I would need to go with a group of you guys though as I am sure I will need to be pulled out of somthing by a big 4x4. Well at least if I am riding how I usually do!:headbang

juicedimpss
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
i need to get me one of those things,anyone have a blown up bashee for sale cheap?

Quick96ss
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Thats my favorite place to ride it is awesome....

I believe this is the place he's talking about....

http://www.rapidangels.com/dyracuse.htm

http://www.my411site.net/dyracuse/

88Nightmare
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
so you guys think that could be a day trip? thats a total of 5 hours of driving for riding 1 day???

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
There's enough cheap hotels up there. If you're talking about Dyracuse, I'd ride it, sleep, ride it again, and then come home.

88Nightmare
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I'd ride it, sleep, ride it again, and then come home.

sounds like how my dates go. :rolf :alcoholic

yeah I just dont want to drive there and find out there arent any motels there or anything. camping is cool, but if im getting caked head to toe in mud, id like a motel so I can at least shower off a lil and not smell like osama bin ladens nutsack the whole weekend. :thumbsup

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Honestly with that big 4x4, go do the Dead Horse Run if you're gonna shell out for a hotel. Dyracuse is ok but is waaay more fun on a sport quad.

70challenger
09-12-2006, 11:37 PM
true dyracuse is more of a sportquad/ dirtbike place. BTW the place in rockford i heard was kinda gay and its like $25 to get in for a day pass:wooo
i might go to dyracuse sunday if im sick of the dyno challenge and my four wheeler gets fixed:chair:

88Nightmare
09-13-2006, 08:40 AM
whats this dead horse run you speak of?

DirtyMax
09-13-2006, 09:02 AM
whats this dead horse run you speak of?

Links in post # 25 of this thread.

88Nightmare
09-13-2006, 09:25 AM
according to mapquest:
Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 360.20 miles
from oak creek, wi to clams lake, wi.

holy crap. hows bout somethin a lil closer to home? I'm just lookin to have a lil fun here guys, not lookin for a cross country trip :D Maybe if we got like 10 guys to go, id be down for it then.

DirtyMax
09-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm just trying to suggest places that you'll enjoy. Unfortunately, there isn't crap close that's worth riding. Bong is just plain gay, Monroe is pretty boring, Dyracuse is sport quad oriented.

You want something half as far as Dead Horse try Marinette County trails with decent lodging right on the trails, try Dunbar, WI. Here's the website for the trail system:

http://www.dungood.com/

Dunbar about 45 mins north of our place in Crivitz.

Here's the ones we trailer to from our place:

http://www.dustytrailsatvclub.com/
http://www.woodlandtrailsatv.com/

Sorry to say but if you wanna ride, you're going to have to drive a while. You can try C-4 club in Caledonia http://www.caledonia4wheelers.org/ if you wanna risk riding the River. There's also another site I belong to which is www.wiatv.com and you might be able to post up there and find some locals to go ride with. If you hunt around the gallery on that site, you'll find pics of the time I had ~10 people up to the farm last year then we went out and hit the trails...

purpl72olds
09-13-2006, 05:40 PM
4eyed has a point. There really are no good places locally. The best place we had was in the sussex/lannon area but the developers finally shut it down, damn it! guess i have to put my state stickers on now!

HP ADDICT
09-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Who here has sport quads and who has 4x4? I am sport quad myself.

70challenger
09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
sport quad guy myself, i have a 2006 predator cross country edition. dunbar trails are fun i rode up there like 4 years ago with my dads 300 work atv and it was still awesome. they're bascially the snowmobile tails and you can ride anywhere even up to michigan from there. my buddy has some land up there in pembine and thats usually one of our stops.

HP ADDICT
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
sport quad guy myself, i have a 2006 predator cross country edition. dunbar trails are fun i rode up there like 4 years ago with my dads 300 work atv and it was still awesome. they're bascially the snowmobile tails and you can ride anywhere even up to michigan from there. my buddy has some land up there in pembine and thats usually one of our stops.
Sweet I have a 03 predator 500. psssh who needs a tranny that shifts, frame that won't crack, IRS and reverse. JK those are sweet quads wish I had one.

70challenger
09-13-2006, 07:53 PM
i really love mine and im amazed every time i drve it. too bad its at g&g right now for rear axle bearings... thing i got that 3 year warrenty huh

88Nightmare
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
ill be goin over to G&G tomorrow to return my huge plow and get a smaller one.

HP ADDICT
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Well someone pick a date/place and Ill be there!

DirtyMax
09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
ill be goin over to G&G tomorrow to return my huge plow and get a smaller one.

If you get a 50" plow, you can tilt it on an angle and swipe the 48" city sidewalks in one swipe. With the bigger one, you might tear up the grass on the sides, even on an angle. That's why I got that instead of the 60"... :thumbsup

DirtyMax
09-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Who here has sport quads and who has 4x4? I am sport quad myself.

Rode a Z400 til last year. Wheelies and all that are cool but I got sick of shifting all day on the trails. Now I ride a 2006 680 EFI Rincon and it's like driving a Caddy on the trails. The wife has a 2005 Kodiak 450. Even that thing is plenty capable of hanging the wheels if I really want to (see av)... ;)

88Nightmare
09-14-2006, 07:04 AM
exactly. For long rides, shifting gets old. I can blaze across a farm field on mine at 45mph (45mph if my speedo reading is correct) and its as smooth as you can get for being offroad. And with the 700twin efi, its got power to still have fun. Anyway, like I said before, if anyone in the area wants to have a lil fun down in racine, I got a place to ride. it isnt any lengthy trails, but I put on 20 miles in one day down there. Its not the root either, so its safe.

DirtyMax
09-14-2006, 08:05 AM
if anyone in the area wants to have a lil fun down in racine, I got a place to ride. it isnt any lengthy trails, but I put on 20 miles in one day down there. Its not the root either, so its safe.

Is it private land and do you have permission. In other words, is it legal?

88Nightmare
09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
the land is farm field and woods that are no longer being tended to, the land is for sale. Property owner lives right there. My brother rents his garage from them. This guy has plenty of toys, including people down the block, and they all ride there. People also ride the train tracks down from who knows where just to ride over here. The trails are pretty well formed so you can tell its travelled on a lot. I see the property owner outside all the time barbecueing or having parties and shit and he just waves to us as we ride past.

HP ADDICT
09-14-2006, 01:30 PM
the land is farm field and woods that are no longer being tended to, the land is for sale. Property owner lives right there. My brother rents his garage from them. This guy has plenty of toys, including people down the block, and they all ride there. People also ride the train tracks down from who knows where just to ride over here. The trails are pretty well formed so you can tell its travelled on a lot. I see the property owner outside all the time barbecueing or having parties and shit and he just waves to us as we ride past.
Well I would like to check that out...maybe better to start on somthing tame as I haven't rode all year. Let me know if you plan on getting out there soon. I believe I am off next weekend.

88Nightmare
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
let me know im going sometime this weekend.

pOrk
09-14-2006, 02:55 PM
^ This weekend is no good for me, but I would like to check that out too. I dont have my own atv, but my guy John has 4 of um and I am sure he would be down too if the trails you speak of are any good

88Nightmare
09-14-2006, 03:37 PM
well like I said, its not like its a long series of trails. just a circuit track in the woods with nice berms on some of the turns, 2 mud pits, nice steep hills, and trails beyond the woods. to go from the drop point to the farthest point could take 15-20min. In the woods there is some pretty crazy stuff, im talkin hills that are damn near straight up, then straight down as soon as you get to the top, and a creek at the bottom that you will plow into if you dont turn soon enough. if you got balls, you can cross the creek. I havent tried it, but I see that people have, there are marks at a crossing point. So yeah, there are some trails, but mostly the fun comes from just screwin around in the woods.

Quick96ss
09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
the trails out side of dyracuse is the best i have ridin on in this state it is all big sand hills. It is geared for every rider. It isnt that bad of a ride i would leave at 8:00 get there by 10:30 when it opens ride till 6:00 be home by 8:30. We should do it on a saturday.

88Nightmare
09-14-2006, 09:20 PM
maybe next saturday? whos down. say I. "I"

DirtyMax
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm not bringing our wheelers home til after gun deer season.

The "wife" and I talked about it today and I think we're going to join the Crawfish River Riders club so we can ride that trail system this winter. $40 annual membership fee and you have like 50 miles of trail to ride. That system is only like 45 minutes from here out between Watertown and Lake Mills. I think I linked their site way back near the beginning of this thread if anyone wants more info. Watch out for the popup ads... ther site is full of them.. ;)

70challenger
09-14-2006, 11:24 PM
"I" i'm all down for dyracuse again, wasnt a bad drive and we just stayed in the park the whole tim. would love to check out the rails outside of it too. id be down for next saturday or sunday depending if i get get my quad back from the dealer, i just dropped it off last night.

88Nightmare
09-15-2006, 07:07 AM
hey 70, you have a pm

Quick96ss
09-15-2006, 05:47 PM
whats the date that day??

HP ADDICT
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
"I" should be able to make pending I am feeling a little better.

88Nightmare
09-15-2006, 08:32 PM
22nd? is friday I believe.

70challenger
09-17-2006, 10:36 PM
im plannin on goin the 23rd for dyracuse depending if my wheeler gets done. im going to call g&g tommorrow

88Nightmare
09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
id like to go...

H8RADE
09-18-2006, 08:24 AM
In.
:shades

DirtyMax
09-18-2006, 08:27 AM
In.
:shades

I take it they gave you a good deal. Did you get the one we were discussing?

88Nightmare
09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
did you buy a machine from G&G? hope so, they are great guys to deal with. cant stress that enough.

so the list for in:

myself
70challenger?
bgcntry72

anyone else?

H8RADE
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I take it they gave you a good deal. Did you get the one we were discussing?

Liked a 650 Rincon a little better...
Not too bad...
Getting it later tonight...
:devil

DirtyMax
09-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I ride the 680 Rincon but they're very similar. You'll like the ride. It's raved up and down the magazines as the Cadillac of trail machines.

H8RADE
09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I ride the 680 Rincon but they're very similar. You'll like the ride. It's raved up and down the magazines as the Cadillac of trail machines.

Rode the Rincon a bit more and its way too tame for me.
Went with a Sportsman 700 Twin instead.
Looked at the EFI, but I like technical riding, and the throttle response was delayed, and by the time I had enough throttle to inch forward, it was too much.
Does that make sense?
Still in for riding this weekend...

DirtyMax
09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Odd. I can be sitting on the seat, crack it, and it's on the bumper before I can say Dayyum. EFI and throttle response should go hand in hand. I'm sure you'll like the Polaris too though. Keep your tow strap handy. The person who pulls you back will appreciate your preparedness. :goof J/K. They're nice machines... just taking a shot. :D

SmokinRAM114
09-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Im going on sunday with A group, of coarse Ill be hittin the MX track cuz of my bike and sounds like atleast 7 of us going 5 quads and 2 bikes maybe 3.

PS Ill pay some one 20 bucks if they can beat me in a 5 lap race on the mx track. :) ;) thats if any one is going on sunday. You know its jefferson weekend and its going to at least rain saturday. Dayracus is awsome after a day of rain.

as for camping there are several camp sites with in 10 miles most of them well wooded.

H8RADE
09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick
Raining in...the whole midwest...until...next week...
Ideas?

70challenger
09-22-2006, 07:54 AM
i geuss im going up sunday too. the whole jefferson thing happened and my quad isnt done yet.

88Nightmare
09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
i might go hit my little trails in racine this weekend if anyone wants to join?

70challenger
09-24-2006, 10:28 PM
went to dyracuse today, paid $10 dollers and ended up riding the state trails till we ran out of gas. they were awesome! definetely worth the 2 1/2 hour drive up there.

HP ADDICT
09-25-2006, 10:10 AM
went to dyracuse today, paid $10 dollers and ended up riding the state trails till we ran out of gas. they were awesome! definetely worth the 2 1/2 hour drive up there.
Just wondering if they had any signs posted about wearing masks..I heard some of the trails up North had them up warning riders about blastomycosis. Basically a infection you can get from inhaling soil/dust....

70challenger
09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
i didnt see anything about masks and i didnt hear anything about it while i was up there. probably doesnt help that i went up there sick already.