PDA

View Full Version : anyone watch fox news tonight?

88Nightmare
09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Saw a sick story. I have mixed opinions on this one, but the strongest feelings are of disgust.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4160397.html

To sum it up, the plant, Dallas Crown, found here: http://www.dallascrown.com/pages/1/index.htm
provides american zoos with carnivore diets, and also providing food for humans in Europe and Japan, where horsemeat is considered a delicacy. The plant claims to slaughter horses which are old and beyond their working life, but videos just shown on the news tonight recorded by Humane Society supporters show otherwise. They show young, youthful horses being tortured. They are killed by workers shooting a steel rod into their head. Now don't get me wrong, I am in no way a tree hugger, but this I do not support. We don't kill dogs and cats in factories here for human consumption, why horses? I saw this on the news and it started to turn my stomach and just wanted to make a post. What do you guys think about this?

MurphysLaw88GT
09-04-2006, 10:43 PM
We also do this with cows,take McDonalds for example

Yooformula
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I would hope they did only take the old ones but how else are Zoos supposed to feed the animals? Meh, they would get killed in the wild by the animals.. stop worrying about killing animals, worry about slaughtered infants. Also sounds like they are trying to push them out so they can make room for more growth in the town so who really knows. Those young horses could have been retarded or crippled.

pOrk
09-04-2006, 10:56 PM
They are no better with cows

88Nightmare
09-04-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah but you dont go to mcdonalds and order a supersized mchorse with cheese

Jeff
09-04-2006, 11:08 PM
That was pretty messed up, they showed the guys hanging the horses, hitting them in the head with something. Just disturbing.

HITMAN
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Have you ever been to a locker plant? I went as part of a field trip in high school. It was a real eye-opener, to say the least. The slaughter of pigs and cows is pretty brutal, but the end result makes for some fine dining. As long as these animals aren't in danger of extinction, what's the big deal?

hrsp
09-05-2006, 01:52 AM
where is video?

88Nightmare
09-05-2006, 05:13 AM
couldnt find the video. although I saw horses being shredded alive. cant believe they showed this on the 9pm news. I mean yeah I know they are not in danger of extinction, and hundreds of thousands of cows go through this every day so we can enjoy our mcdonalds, I just had no idea this was being done to horses as well, for humans to eat. The only 3 horse slaughter plants in the U.S. are owned by Europeans who don't even live in this country.

Karps TA
09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah I'll pass on checking for that....

GRAMPS SS
09-05-2006, 08:25 AM
yeah but you dont go to mcdonalds and order a supersized mchorse with cheese

no , but i think you do at Ponderosa...you seen there steaks lately...never again for me...

88Nightmare
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
never went to ponderosa...