PDA

View Full Version : For Sale : 1968 Heathkit Gt 18 Minibike

DynoTom
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a 1968 HEATHKIT GT 18 "BOONIEBIKE" for sale.

It's has a "Torque a Verter" clutch and a Robin OHV "EH 17" 6 horsepower engine on it.

The engine runs great and it has a electric start and generator on it but, they are not wired up to use them.

This is a great old school minibike that is built very good.

The Heathkit minibikes were the ones they sold as kits in the back of the Popular Mechanics magazines in the 60s........

This model is a GT 18 " BIG REAR TIRE " and is one of the less common ones seen today...

Tires are in good shape and overall condition is above average for it being almost 40 years old....

Price is $450 firm , I have seen them sell for more on ebay but, since shipping this thing will be a PITA I would rather sell it locally.

PM "OldSchoolRacer" for more info

Located in West Allis.

DynoTom
09-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Front view, it's a pretty big minibike as far as frame size goes, it can fit a adult with no problem.....

d0nut
09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow, I thought that Heathkit only did electronics!

Very cool. It's as old as me and does something worthwhile (unlike me!)

DynoTom
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes, Heathkit did get into some very different markets of products.....

GRNDNL
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh my, Is that thing cool..........:thumbsup Someone needs to buy that thing before I spend money i don't have on something I don't need.......:D

The last one I saw like that had a snowmobile engine on it and ran 130mph in the 1/8th :wow , he didn't have the balls to run it for a whole 1/4, I'll have to find the vid......

DynoTom
09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
The big azz rear tire really makes this minibike different than most of the minibikes that were made....

The bike prolly tops out at 30 - 35 mph in some part due to that tall rear tire......The gear ratio really steps up with a tire that tall, it also gets tons of low end traction and it will pull the front wheel on off the line...

The engine govenor is set pretty low right now.....The brake on this thing were never designed to have this kinda power and final gearing......If you wanted to the motor has PLENTY of more power in it if the governor was turned up......

The bikes chassis and seat are all original, Heathkit only sold the chassis so the fact that this one has a updated ( and up graded ) engine and clutch set up is no big deal.....

Here the bigg azz rear tire the GT 18 Heathkits used.....

0TransAm0
09-05-2006, 08:48 PM
haha Fin sweet i got one almost like it... well i gotta work on it a bit but its got the huge rear tire and smaller front one.. hell i eaven have a ski that bolts to the front one for in the snow :thumbsup

86GUTLASS
09-06-2006, 12:35 PM
That is a sweet mini bike.Bump:thumbsup