PDA

View Full Version : So bad night..: (

BigSnailBuick
09-03-2006, 01:54 PM
So I was leaving a party on fri and as I was going around a turn my tire exploded. But not like it should have, it actually blew the tread off the tire leaving it rounded and scraping metal wire all over the side of my car. Its getting painted a new color this winter so that isnt really a big deal but I dont know if Mickey T would warrenty a set a performance drag radials?? I dont know, if anyone knows if they would I would love to hear what to do..Ill take a picture of the tire and post it up later..It was a crappy ass night to say the least.:flipoff2:

BigSnailBuick
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Here are some pics, and btw I was in a horrible area so I had to drive it like 7 blocks to get to a buddies house, hence more scraping then there should have been.:crying

A B4C Z
09-03-2006, 03:06 PM
YIKES! Makes me want to take mine off! That sucks.

86GUTLASS
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
WOW,Thats meesed up.How old were the tires?

BigSnailBuick
09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
About 3 months old, they saw some abuse but whos tires havent..... They should not have seperated like that especially good tires like Mickeys.:(

0TransAm0
09-03-2006, 06:05 PM
wow thats nasty... i would at least make a phone call or 2 and see what they say.

BigSnailBuick
09-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Has anyone else had a problem like this with tires??? If so what did you do and who did you talk to??? I can take care or the body on my car but there is a reason I bought hella expensive tires so BS stuff like this wouldnt happen:punch:

Cryptic
09-03-2006, 06:46 PM
jeez :wow I'd try to make some calls... at very least they should replace that tire... (if not the pair)

Silver350
09-03-2006, 09:31 PM
That sucks sorry to hear about your car hope things work out in your favor.

BigSnailBuick
09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
So to follow up on everything and make you not affraid of M/T's blowing up on you. We did alot of research and made ALOT of calls. basically I documented everything that happened very well and wrote down names, #'s, times, etc of everyone I talked to over the phone. What it boils down to is M/T is owned by cooper tires so that is who i had to deal with. Sent pics explained what happened, sent in tires. Here is how great this tire company is. They shiped a box to my door to send back the tires to inspect them and basically said not only will 2 new M/T's be in the mail but they would like me to get my paint damage appraised by my father and another source so they can most likely cut me a check for the damages that the tires caused to the side of my car. They told me those tires should burn down to the rim before they explode like they did and appoligized greatly. yeah for Mickey Thompson and Cooper tires, great people and kick ass tires, they do not mess around when their s*** fails, they get it fixed.A+ company all the way:headbang

68RR440
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I was driving next to you and the shit messed up my car too. When will I receive my check for the damages? :rolf :rolf

Thats cool, customer service is a dying thing these days, I'm glad you hear they are taking care of you! :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
wow thats really cool that they stood behind a tire that basically has no warranty

USMARINE1108
09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
That's cool! Maybe I should give them a call, mine keep going bald.

BigSnailBuick
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
wow thats really cool that they stood behind a tire that basically has no warranty
All full on slicks have no warrenty but anything dot approved for the street do. so mine were covered.:thumbsup

73Dustr
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Good to hear everything worked out well for you. It's nice to see that there still are some companies out there that will go above and beyond to keep customers happy.

MurphysLaw88GT
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
That's cool! Maybe I should give them a call, mine keep going bald.
YES!!

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Were you running a ton of psi in those? They look real ballooned out but could just be the angle you took the pic. That could be a reason for the blowout... :confused

Big props to Cooper for standing behind their product even though they didn't have to. Probably want that tire back so they can test it and make sure we don't end up with another Firestone fiasco...

BigSnailBuick
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Only 30lbs, they look balloned cause the tread isnt there anymore lol