PDA

View Full Version : WTF...bent SFC and broken tq arm mount?!?!?!?

Yooformula
09-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Anyone ever hear of this on an fbody?

About 2 weeks ago I began noticing a knocking sound under the car but it was faint and hoped it was just in my head. The other day, it got loud and would vibrate through my center console. I avoided driving it until I had to and this time it was bad! I finally threw the ***** up and looked underneith and found a bolt wedged in my gload brace. I spent awhile on my back searching for this bolt to find out that the clamshell on the tranny output side had been mangled up and the bolt had torn out of the hole and took the threads out with it. So now what the hell do I do:( :( :( :( :(Oh yeah, that doesnt include the bent da phuck up sfc. driver side is perfect but the pass side bent up about 1.5"

junk mx6 no rly
09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
pics?

had just typed pics?but said message was to short so i typed this and now hopefully its long enough.

Yooformula
09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
pics?

had just typed pics?but said message was to short so i typed this and now hopefully its long enough.

too tired to take pics after funking with it for hours.

GTSLOW
09-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Dam that sucks yoo.

Get some pics :thumbsup

Carnage = :thumbsup

Lash
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Wow...sounds pretty crazy!!

Need pics!!

USMARINE1108
09-04-2006, 02:25 PM
From what I hear, broken torque arm mounts are somewhat common. I have no idea about the SFC....... Did you run over something?

946speedz
09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
might have run over a mustang or something?

PHDcamaro
09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
i broke 2 torque arms. twisted and snapped. common fbody problem from what i read......... sfc- im clueless unless it was installed wrong

946speedz
09-04-2006, 09:29 PM
off topic, but PHD are those mille miglia's(sp)?

PHDcamaro
09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
yes sir...

BAD LS1
09-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Do you have a tunnel brace mount torque arm? Or is a stock one that mounts at the tranny yet? sorry if i missed it somwhere if you said.

I can see the TA busting, i cracked my stock one at the rear, but for a SFC to get bent up, either it was being jacked up on or lifted from or something, If you ran something over that would mangle that, id hate to see the floor pans! So if you had it serviced by some place that had to lift it, id bet thats where it happend.

Just like 90% of Camaro's i see around have the bottom of the fender pushed out, because someone was careless when lifting it and smooshed that lower fender mount lip, thus bowing the fender out.

Yooformula
09-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Stock one that mounts to the tranny. The upper bolt tore the threads out of the hole and bent the brackets up to poo not to mention punched a hole in the upper floor boards...

BAD LS1
09-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Stock one that mounts to the tranny. The upper bolt tore the threads out of the hole and bent the brackets up to poo not to mention punched a hole in the upper floor boards...

Insurance? Would have to ask Keith, but floor pans in these cars looks like a royal PITA to have to change. Could be a borderline total due to structural damage if you ask me... But dont quote me.

GRNDNL
09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Insurance? Would have to ask Keith, but floor pans in these cars looks like a royal PITA to have to change. Could be a borderline total due to structural damage if you ask me... But dont quote me.

Insurance would only cover it if something hit it and broke it, they won't cover parts that just broke on there own.

I've got a freind that could help you out, either fix whats there or build new mounts, I'm sure he could take care of the SFC also, send me a PM if you want his number.

madmike
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
that happens after the car has been in a rear end collision! I mean like after it has been fixed and your driving it like within a year or so. Did you also have drive shaft and or transmission problems too?

GRNDNL
09-06-2006, 07:52 AM
that happens after the car has been in a rear end collision! I mean like after it has been fixed and your driving it like within a year or so. Did you also have drive shaft and or transmission problems too?

:confused

I need a explanation on this one......:shades

Yooformula
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Nope, this car has NEVER been hit. It has torn about 6 tranny mounts and 1 tq arm mount before I finally went to the poly mounts. It has had numerous trannys and clutches replaced so I am sure at some point, bolts were overtightened. Teh sfc is about 6 years old and I usually jack at different points under the car but its really weird because the pass side is perfect. But then again its all BMR stuff so from what I read, I should have expected thier poo to fail at some point.

0TransAm0
09-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Just like 90% of Camaro's i see around have the bottom of the fender pushed out, because someone was careless when lifting it and smooshed that lower fender mount lip, thus bowing the fender out.

not trying to thred jack but is thier a way to fix this?? mine is like that and the only place ive been with it is the dealer for oil changes.

Yooformula
09-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Its happened to mine before as well. You gott get a big wrench and pull the tab back under the fender.

GRNDNL
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
not trying to thred jack but is thier a way to fix this?? mine is like that and the only place ive been with it is the dealer for oil changes.

Yup......:D

GTSLOW
09-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Not sure if its been said already but what kinda of SFCs do you have?

0TransAm0
09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Its happened to mine before as well. You gott get a big wrench and pull the tab back under the fender.

thanks yoo i will have to put it on the ramps and check it out.