PDA

View Full Version : Picture for MOPARJIM ! Old Memories!

DynoTom
08-30-2006, 11:00 PM
I will let MoparJim Explain......

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/img001.jpg

BOSS LX
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Man you guys are old!:thumbsup

DynoTom
08-30-2006, 11:20 PM
I guess??

At one time we had a Mopar 6 pack set up on the car and we were "cruising with Q" on Wisconsin Ave. with no hood......We got pulled over within minutes and got told to take it home......While we were pulled over another cruiser pulled along side us and asked "what ya got under the hood" and my friend said "what hood?"..........

I thought MoparJim modded the car even more, I know he had 4.10s in it but, I'm not sure what else he did to it.....I do know he ran it at the drags at least once......

FYI, for those who are not old enough to know "cruising with Q" was a car cruise put on by WQFM back then.......It was held on Wisconsin Ave. and a lot a pro street and full race cars showed up for it........We did the cruise every year they had it......

68RR440
08-30-2006, 11:27 PM
FYI, for those who are not old enough to know "cruising with Q" was a car cruise put on by WQFM back then.......It was held on Wisconsin Ave. and a lot a pro street and full race cars showed up for it........We did the cruise every year they had it......

Hell, I'm not old, and I remeber that, wait, does that mean I'm old? :crying

DynoTom
08-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Hell, I'm not old, and I remeber that, wait, does that mean I'm old? :crying

Boss thinks you are old then !:rolf :rolf

I guess I'm kinda old when I see guys like Bobbie that were not even born yet when I was cruising HWY 100.....:rolf

USMARINE1108
08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
How long ago are we talking? I think my dad told me about that awhile ago.

DynoTom
08-30-2006, 11:46 PM
How long ago are we talking? I think my dad told me about that awhile ago.

Oh boy lemme think..........That would have been around the mid / late 80s?

I think we were in school yet and I got out in 86 so that is my best guess......

MoparJim did not buy the car until????????? Help me out Jim????????

I worked with MoparJim for a couple years back in the early 90s, he was always a HUGE Mopar fan, he had Mopar car models on his desk above his computer........

HRSEPLA
08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Q -cruise ended early 90's ..Me and Tina used to go every year..That was one really cool event..When QFM became laser Tina called and asked if they were gonna do the cruise still and like idiots bob and brian said what on a boat???
They just didnt get it. retards

DoubleAron
08-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Q -cruise ended early 90's ..Me and Tina used to go every year..That was one really cool event..When QFM became laser Tina called and asked if they were gonna do the cruise still and like idiots bob and brian said what on a boat???
They just didnt get it. retards

Man you guys are old, I bet your 25 year wedding anniversary is right around the corner.:D

b4mytm
08-31-2006, 06:09 PM
I used to go with my Dad .
The last year was around '95 or '96.I think it rained the last year .A bunch of us still went. I couldn't go the year before because a friend of mine got married....right Troy/aka yenko4me????

I asked Laser about doing it too one year...they laughed too,but QFM and Laser were 2 different stations.

Todd Z
08-31-2006, 10:23 PM
QFM changed formats from rock to light jazz. What is it now?
Anybody remember WLPX?

68RR440
09-01-2006, 01:34 AM
I used to go with my Dad .
The last year was around '95 or '96.I think it rained the last year .A bunch of us still went.

I remember being down there, in the rain, with my dad in his Hemi Orange 70 Sport Satellite, while my mom and sister where in mom's 67 Satellite, it was quite the turn out, rain and all...

Heres a pic of mom's car, which I sold last year...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/a6cad126.jpg

Good memories, anyways, back on topic, I'm still waiting for MoparJim to get in here and explain the Fury.... :thumbsup

HITMAN
09-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Anybody remember WLPX?

:rolf
I had a WLPX bumper sticker in my High School locker.
"97 WLPX, Wisconsin's best album rock...":rolf

Teufelhunden
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
That was one cool car. I saw a car just like that, but black ;), do a good 30 second brake stand at the Highway 100 & National McDonald's drive thru window once.

JakeJeske
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I remember being down there, in the rain, with my dad in his Hemi Orange 70 Sport Satellite, while my mom and sister where in mom's 67 Satellite, it was quite the turn out, rain and all...

Heres a pic of mom's car, which I sold last year...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/a6cad126.jpg

Good memories, anyways, back on topic, I'm still waiting for MoparJim to get in here and explain the Fury.... :thumbsup
too bad you sold the cuda, it was my favorite.

GRAMPS SS
09-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I guess??

At one time we had a Mopar 6 pack set up on the car and we were "cruising with Q" on Wisconsin Ave. with no hood......We got pulled over within minutes and got told to take it home......While we were pulled over another cruiser pulled along side us and asked "what ya got under the hood" and my friend said "what hood?"..........

I thought MoparJim modded the car even more, I know he had 4.10s in it but, I'm not sure what else he did to it.....I do know he ran it at the drags at least once......

RAIN OR SHINE...I WAS THERE...AND THE GOOFY BANNERS YOU HAD OUT THE WINDOWS

Karps TA
09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Cruisin with the Q was a blast. Nothing like hearing open header cars downtown with the sound bouncing off the buildings.

good times... good times...

GRAMPS SS
09-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Anybody remember WLPX?

ANYONE REMEMBER ZMFOUT OF THE FALLS...ITS CLASSICAL...FOR THE OLD FOLKS AND THE DOCTORS OFFICE

Lash
09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
My dad used to cruise wisconsin ave. in his '64 Nova...and he's 52 right now. :)

He actually showed me the spot where they would race from...all the lights would go green one after another.

Moparjim
12-15-2006, 05:59 PM
OMG I just saw this thread now! That was the car that put the "Mopar" in "MoparJim" pretty much...

I bought it around 1989 or so I think.

HRSEPLA
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
cool picture, I remember that car, & nice house:)

Moparjim
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
67 Fury 440 Police Interceptor from North Carolina, still had the " NC State Patrol" certicard under the hood, all original and pretty much rust free. Ridiculous police stuff like 9 leaf springs, mega trailer hitch, 4 piston Kelsey-Hayes front discs, certified speedo, mega suspension stops all around, dome light brighter than the sun, etc. Bench seat, 727 auto on the column. I drove the hell out of it raced it beat it etc, the thing was indestructible.

So many stories about that car including:

Doing a complete 360 on the freeway at around 60 MPH one winter in the snow on the way home from DJing at WMSE at like 3am. Managed to get it under control and thank god noone else was on the road...

Numerous races on and off highway 100, including the one "new" Buick GN on 116th where I was getting laughed at for unloading my friends, tools, and jack out of my trunk before the race. GN owner and entourage of girls he left behind were aweful surprised when the 4 door "Grandpa's car" left him standing still on the launch - too close to call on the top end...

Drove it to the Mopar Nats in Ohio...with 4:10 gears, 4500-5000 RPM the whole way there... Raced it there, then drove it home...

Indy trip where I sold a 68 Super Bee shell at the Schwabenhoff. Somehow I let buyer from Indianapolis talk me into delivering it...on a dolly...towed by the Fury. He proceeds to then buy half the damn Schwabenhoff, loads up the Bee shell with rear ends, engine blocks, all manner of parts until it barely rolls I mean PACKED. I quickly realize this may very well be the main reason he bought it, in order to get all his other purcahses home. Friends and I proceed to head to Indy, again at 4500-5000 RPMs on the old big block with eleventy bajillion pounds in tow. During a stop at McDonalds I somehow manage to toss the guys address and info in the garbage. Luckily I sorta remember his directions and how he lives near the airport. Manage to find his street at 11pm or so and go door to door asking if people know anyone nearby with "old cars like the one out there - pointing to Super Bee" AMAZINGLY the 2nd or 3rd door says "yeah my neighbor" and there is the guys house. Drop the car off and head back to WI...at 5500 RPMS or so...

Massive burnouts at many locations. Its so much fun (I was 18/19) I take to buying cheap assed $5 snow tires at Mr. Ps every week or two since I am going through tires faster than gas. Highlights include one on HWY 100 and Oklahoma in front of Skate U that goes a good long time, resulting in two flats a couple blocks away. One in the MSOE parking lot at school so good it leaves marks in the asphalt that last literally decades, the faint spots right where the tires were when I started are still there today I bet...

Power slides around corners and burnout U turns constantly, once I discovered how fun it was with a bench seat! Picture passengers front and rear sliding uncontrollablely smushed against the passenger side doors, me clinging to the steering wheel sliding halfway over as well... Safety first!!!

Disorderly conduct arrest and citation for using it to "landscape" the grass at McCarty park...

Gas gauge didn't work. Friends utterly disgusted at the frequency that they have to help push the 5000lb beast when I frequently ran out of gas...

At one point I had Centerlines on it, skinny fronts. To clear the Huge disc brakes I had to use spacers. Exciting times when the studs break, car slams to the ground, and the right front goes rolling off into the distance...

Shot a bolt out of the rear ring gear, through the rear case. Proceed to swap out the center section, which coincidentally has ALL of the bolts backing out, heads lopped off, etc. Since I'm broke and can't weld I think I drove about a year with the plastic cap from a container of gear lube jammed into the hole to plug it before getting it welded up.

I'm sure there are more stories I'm forgetting, but they all culminate in the car's gruesome death at the hands of a drunk driver. I "sold" it to MoparScott who was in the Marines at the time. He gave me $100 down on I think $1500 purchase price (damn car is prolly worth $15-20K now) and I was keeping the car until he got out and he paid it off. Since my parents really never appreciated the car thing at all I had it parked on the street. Knock on the door at 3am sends me out to the street to the sight of the car totaled by a drunk that hit it head on. No license, no insurance, drunk, 4 lanes on wrong side of road. SQUISHED his Toyota I dunno how he even lived. Never got a dime from it, and I didn't have full coverage on it.

Moparjim
12-15-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL yeah I did mention I was fairly poor. My parents had a trailer dammit!

Here are the sad "after" pics. It was parked up by the pole in the pic. That's were it landed... Sadly, that pole was the start of "no parking" and since the big boat had manual steering I typically tried to park right at the pole so I could just pull right out. If only there had been some cheap crap parked in front of me the drunk would have hit that instead of the good ole Fury...

Moparjim
12-15-2006, 06:36 PM
On a side note, I pulled the drivetrain and sold it to a guy at school. He was a total rig artist and he slapped it into a 66 or 67 Coronet - with no front shocks (NONE), no working starting system, no shift linkage amongst other things. Sooooo.. he would start it by jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver I am told. Since he had no shift linkage he would slide under the car and put it in drive before doing so. I'm sure you can see where this is headed as one day he apparently put it in drive, screwdriver started it, throttle stuck and off the car went into a tree. Buddy of mine who is a total 66/67 Coronet nut ended up with it and the drivetrain lives to this day in a nice 67 Coronet R/T that he has the original matching numbers motor out of for rebuild (and hasen't gotten around to doing yet to the best of my knowledge)

Moparjim
12-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I've been looking for another one (67 Fury 440 Police Interceptor) ever since, have only seen a handful and they were rusty junk. If I ever see one I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Red97GTP
12-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey, 68, do you live off 124th and Beloit? If so, I drive past there all the time. I take my customers on test drives over that way.

Prince Valiant
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I still want to see pics of the trailduster. My dad had either a 78 or 79...had a 318 in it, and he put on 4bbl carb, intake, headers, along with a cam and it was a strong truck. Had the very rare full-time 4WD system that had 4hi, 4hi lock, 4 lo, 4 lo-loc, along with a sure grip differential...he ruled the drag races at the dunes against other small-block trucks. (grew up around jacksonville beach, FL)

BOSS LX
12-21-2006, 05:43 PM
What year did the car get hit? I remember looking at it after it was hit. I was probably under 10.

DoubleAron
12-21-2006, 05:50 PM
What year did the car get hit? I remember looking at it after it was hit. I was probably under 10.

So that was about 1999? :D

On that note I have to go, almost my bed time.

Moparjim
12-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I think it was 1989 or 1990 or so.

Here's the Trailduster!

BOSS LX
12-21-2006, 09:01 PM
So that was about 1999? :D

On that note I have to go, almost my bed time.

Yeah, go to bed old man!:)

In 1989 I was 7. I cannot believe I remember that. To bad it is a mopar talking up memory space from that far back. :rolf

DynoTom
12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, go to bed old man!:)

In 1989 I was 7. I cannot believe I remember that. To bad it is a mopar talking up memory space from that far back. :rolf

Do you remember installing southside machine lift bars on my 88 LX Stang in 1991?

I do remember telling you that by you helping me that day you could tell you friends in the future that you were working on Mustangs at age 9??????

You helped me line up the control arms into the subframes...

BOSS LX
12-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Do you remember installing southside machine lift bars on my 88 LX Stang in 1991?

I do remember telling you that by you helping me that day you could tell you friends in the future that you were working on Mustangs at age 9??????

You helped me line up the control arms into the subframes...

That is how we do it!:)

Teufelhunden
12-22-2006, 07:47 AM
It was the summer of 1990...just before Gulf War I.

I remember things but international conflicts. ;)

Flight_740
12-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Thats a cool car. Thats when cars were differant from eachother and not all cookie stamped out to be just like all the others.

DynoTom
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I added some pics to this post....TTT.....

2SLOW
01-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I love the part with "going through tires faster than gas." Sounds like a hell of a fun time!

Teufelhunden
01-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Numerous races on and off highway 100, including the one "new" Buick GN on 116th where I was getting laughed at for unloading my friends, tools, and jack out of my trunk before the race. GN owner and entourage of girls he left behind were aweful surprised when the 4 door "Grandpa's car" left him standing still on the launch - too close to call on the top end... I remember what that guy in the GN looked like too...sorta looks like Keith. :thumbsup