PDA

View Full Version : Import War #6

Bee
08-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyone going???

I might make a trip out there with a couple 12 sec cars.. maybe enter quick16 for kicks... i miss running with the guys....:thumbsup One year I won a couple 1st and 2nd place in Q16... i think 2002-2003 year.. miss those days:thumbsup

really though i want to compete in Frantic 7 with a FWD.........hehe!!! damn gotta go againts high 8 sec RWD cars... hehe!!! :goof

LETS try to make the LAST FEW Import War really BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG..... show up guys!!!

twicks69
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I will be there like normal.

TopStreetDsm
08-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I will be there in street trim:shades hehe!

1loudrex
08-30-2006, 07:34 PM
i will go if its not so damn hot out. Hopefully it will be cooler since it will be september.

nismodave
08-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Import Wars has really gone downhill in my opinion. Alot less cars and not alot of fast stuff.

whitehatch
08-31-2006, 01:48 AM
is it a sat. or sun. event?

twicks69
08-31-2006, 07:05 AM
Sunday, September 24th.

Time schedule: 9am-5pm.

http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=schedule

WilliamZ
08-31-2006, 08:36 AM
Import Wars has really gone downhill in my opinion. Alot less cars and not alot of fast stuff.

I agree. :thumbsup

juicedimpss
08-31-2006, 10:03 AM
damn,and i was thinking about going to check out the ricer chicks,they do have better looking girlz than most other nights at gld..
:devil

Bee
08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
how is that other IMPORT event up north in NINA or whatever it's called???

at GLDW IW events i do agree about it going downhill..... still i'll go for the heck of it...:banana1:

ThatWhiteCivic
09-01-2006, 01:39 AM
funny thing, I was just thinking teh same thing. But I'll still go to check things out.

Big Boost
09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Import racing (to me) is going through one of its phases. Many cars that were supposed to up and running aren't completed yet. I know two right now that will put down at least 600WHP that are near completion. I know of three to four others that will put out at least 500WHP. My point? Every race year new blood (fast cars) are needed to infuse new life into the sport. Without it, everyone keeps seeing the same old cars even when existing ones are making strides in 1/4 mile times. So, to keep the sport alive build a fast import and the scene will thrive and complaints will whither away.

TopStreetDsm
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Its too bad people feel that way. I think it is our job to show some of the newer crowd that the track is the place to be. Compaired to a few years ago, GLD has come a long way. New boards, impact walls the length of the track, ect...

I think the fact that they are even holding an "Import wars" event is pretty cool. The first few times I was ever to the track, it was not a sport compact friendly place, but it has come a long way. With how much duchbaggery there is out on hwy 100, and unorganized street racing there is now. The track is a great place for people to grow as RACERS!

How many times have one of us seen a kid on the road say he would run 12s or even faster without ever having gone to the track, because he walked his buddy who should be in the 12s. Having been to, and operating, many dynos I have seen many first-timers very disapointed. People let their own ignorance get infront of them with out ever learning otherwise.

I personally think this community has a long way to go, and the only way it is going to get there is for the new comers to understand the importance of a place such as GLD. Where they can talk with other people and figure out why there big wing, and gianormous rims are not maing the car faster. To understand that a front mount IC is not going to make them faster than the next guy if the install was hacked together and leaking boost all over the place.

Personally, I am going to be continuing to encourage the track and its use. I will see you guys at the track.

EDIT:^^^You got your post in berfore I finished typing.^^^ I will agree though. The new comers need good rolemodels is really what it is.

Big Boost
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Ah, I like that Jake. Ricers to Racers. Leave the phat wings and pipes for the posers.

Back in the day, call it 1996-1998 I belonged to a car club called Excessive Motorsports. We were the first club in the greater metropolitan Milwaukee area to focus solely on the Import racing scene. We competed at GLD, SCCA, WAI, Road America, SOLO events and more. Yeah, back then there were some big wings and stuff like that, but we were experienced in many facets of racing. The club thing died down, but many of us are still friends who guess what....race at GLD, SCCA, WAI, Road America, SOLO events and more.

Start a racing club and attend events that teach you how to control your car. Enroll at Skip Barber. Attend an autocross where you can learn how to do controlled slides. Drag race that ***** no matter how fast you THINK your car is. Do the skid pad exercise to learn when you lose grip. It's easy. Get out there and do the damn thing.

Bart H
09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Excessive, the good old days of import clubs. We had some of the Fastest imports in Milwaukee and some of the most tastefully modded import cars to grace the streets of Milwaukee. Most of our cars from back then would still hold there own today.

Most of us really never raced on ****** we went to the import shows and stuff at GLD, but it was such a joke back then with how it was run. Hey it's import day at GLD the joke was they had some other muscle car shootout going on at the same time and we might get 1-2 runs in to dial in the car that day and had to wait for the muscle car guys to take there runs before we even got a chance to run. It also always seemed to rain the morning of or the day of.

A good number of us went other routes to have fun, track days, autocrossing and long spirited drives out in the country. The import scene is ever changing and unfortunatly with the good (turbos, suspension, ecu flashing, new car with hp from the factory) must come the bad (big gawdy bodykits, ricers, $30 fake coilovers, cheap ebay knock off parts, idiots). Hopefully the industry will stay with it's current course towards having a car that is clean, looks a little conservative body wise, great paint with lots of hp and great suspension.

Like Big Boost posted of the original guys still see each other. A good number of us have also gotten jobs in the auto industry. We all have seen the import scene grow from what was a small group of guys who were passionate about there cars to the large influx of the bodykit ricer crew eventually we will have guys around like the old school muscle car guys who are respected but they will be the import gurus.

TopStreetDsm
09-01-2006, 11:30 AM
American Ricers to Racers Society of America! ARRSA:rolf

Bart H
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Nice to bad i would never fall into the ARRSA catagory.

whitehatch
09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
haha yeah barts hatch he built in what was it 96 would still be one of the faster imports in the area even if he was running the same setup today. tobad it was before my time, i only got to see pictures.

cool_kat
09-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I will be there. the 240 prolly wont be done by then but i will be there spectating as usual.

1loudrex
09-05-2006, 02:51 PM
I had a show car at one time. It was tastefully done in my mind and in others minds. A simple paint scheme, clean body kit, with a good set of rims. Just simple easy stuff. It was what I liked, but we now have the people that go to autozone and modify there cars with stuff from there. Thats wahts hurting the scene and in my mind making it almost go away.

For those wondering here is a pic of my old car:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/eclipzekid42/c27e0784.jpg

TopStreetDsm
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM
but we now have the people that go to autozone and modify there cars with stuff from there.

DUDE! Autozone, Checkers, HomeDepot.... Those are the places to be for mad, tight, wiggidy wack, awesome mods cuz.....

You hearing me bro!

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

P.S. You forgot EBAY!

Flicktitty
09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
hmmmm well since i've YET to make it to a IW event this year i'm gonna try real hard to get out to this one!

TheBlueSupra
09-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I will be there. :thumbsup with a car this time woooot unfortunately it wont be the supra. If any of you guys go feel free to stop over by the car show and give me a hoolerrrrrrr. if all goes as planned i will be the guy with the royal saphierre pearl sc400 lexus

Flicktitty
09-06-2006, 12:50 PM
SC400....hmmm what's done to it? i'll swing by if i show up!

TheBlueSupra
09-06-2006, 03:16 PM
chrome supra rims is the only thing done to it. I will be doing a sterio right away along with taking the nasty pin strip off and front license plate off and have the holes filled. after that who knows. maybe throw the 2jz and turbo 400 from the supra into the SC. and do something else with the supra but who knows that wont happen for awhile.

Flicktitty
09-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Ah, alrighty..... You should just put the 2JZ in it with the 6spd you had.. unless you were auto.

Bee
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok with what everyone has said, I am definitely going to try to bring out a decently quick car!!! I love the old'n days........ We all can't forget Henry's dominating Black and then later BLUE 92 Civic Turbo Hatchback.......whooooossshhhhh!!! That thing was fast for it's time 98-99year!!! @9-10psi it was turning in 12.2s@115-117mph on a bonestock GSR swap on a FMU..hehe!!!..... damn that was awesome...:thumbsup

i'll be out screwing around for SURE.....:thumbsup

see you all there!!! :)

EVIL AWD
09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok with what everyone has said, I am definitely going to try to bring out a decently quick car!!! I love the old'n days........ We all can't forget Henry's dominating Black and then later BLUE 92 Civic Turbo Hatchback.......whooooossshhhhh!!! That thing was fast for it's time 98-99year!!! @9-10psi it was turning in 12.2s@115-117mph on a bonestock GSR swap on a FMU..hehe!!!..... damn that was awesome...:thumbsup

i'll be out screwing around for SURE.....:thumbsup

see you all there!!! :)

Yeah, I'll have to agree with you Bee, those were the days. :thumbsup The best race ever with that car that I remember was up at Tower when Henry smoked that muscle-head that was talking sh!t. The guy that had his parents up there with him...Remember that? I remember you were driving the old-school '90-ish Integra around that time and you use to heat your nitrous bottle with a blow-torch.:wooo

Bee
09-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I'll have to agree with you Bee, those were the days. :thumbsup The best race ever with that car that I remember was up at Tower when Henry smoked that muscle-head that was talking sh!t. The guy that had his parents up there with him...Remember that? I remember you were driving the old-school '90-ish Integra around that time and you use to heat your nitrous bottle with a blow-torch.:wooo

hehe.. yeah that was henry's car back then.... my 91 TEG with NOS got a good couple 13.1-13.2@105mph runs and that was pretty fast for those days. If i could remember tri was gonna fight the dude too when henry raced at tower that night.... for talking smack!!! :thumbsup
:banana

see u guys out at IW 6

ThatWhiteCivic
09-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Tri fight? No way, I can't belive this even for a million dollars :goof

EVIL AWD
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Tri fight? No way, I can't belive this even for a million dollars :goof

You obviously don't know Tri to well then. Tri won't take sh!t from no one. I can't even count all the times Tri almost got into a fight with someone. Lucky I was there to calm him down.

WilliamZ
09-08-2006, 12:21 AM

Haha I remember that shit! Ahhh those were the days...

Big Boost
09-08-2006, 09:35 AM
"The best race ever with that car that I remember was up at Tower when Henry smoked that muscle-head that was talking sh!t. The guy that had his parents up there with him...Remember that?"

Man, I was there that night. Henry raced that black Camaro or Firebird with the big azz slicks on the rear. Henry beat him by two cars. Yep, those were the days..........

TopSECRETHatch
09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Im willing to race a car thats mid to low 14's. If any at all. I have a white 91 hatch. Im usually wit Bee. Im the one who ran the 14.3 in the all stock ef hatch with ls swap. Well let me know if anyone wants to race. I will be at Import wars also.

Bobby72GTO
09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Im willing to race a car thats mid to low 14's. If any at all. I have a white 91 hatch. Im usually wit Bee. Im the one who ran the 14.3 in the all stock ef hatch with ls swap. Well let me know if anyone wants to race. I will be at Import wars also.
Damn dude, I've seen you on other threads saying the same thing. You must really want to race.

Prescott
09-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Import Wars this weekend already? dam!

twicks69
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Prescott - WOW, you made it onto this board!

I am looking forward to this weekend for attending the race. I am not going to race though since I need a good alignment and need more breakin on my new clutch/tranny setup.

Prescott
09-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, couldn't pass up all the fun.
The car is in the box and ready to roll.
Hope the rain holds off.

TopStreetDsm
09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
more breakin on my new clutch/tranny setup.

You forgot the G on the end. :rolf :rolf :flamet :shades HA!

Rain aside... I am looking forward to the event. Welcome to BCM Prescott!

Bee
09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
ok cool so i just made 380-390whp@7500rpms on a GT35r @ 15-16psi on a 1.79L GSR bone stock............hehehe!!!

I'll probably run it and see if it'll do 11.5s or so...... trying to at least get 3rd or 4th place in Frantic 7---->the balls-out class!!!

see you guys out there!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

ThatWhiteCivic
09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
gotta cage???

Bee
09-23-2006, 03:36 PM
gotta cage???

hey hey hey.... i'm trying to do 11.50's or so.. not 11.49's....... now get off my ass........IHRA not NHRA .... hehe :goof

rob see you out there.....:thumbsup

TopSECRETHatch
09-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I will be there too. hoping for low 14's in my LS hatch. just got the stock headers upgraded and also exhaust.