PDA

View Full Version : FEELER: anyone here like Apple computers?

jbiscuit
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure if I am going to part with it yet or not but I have an Apple G3 tower that I might have for sale in the next week.

Here are some general specs:

Apple Power Mac G3 Tower in primo shape
Powerlogix 1-off PowerForce 900mhz G3 processor (worth $180)
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/accelerators/PowerLogix/PowerForce-ZIF/
512mb RAM
upgraded video card (not sure which one, but I can check)
100mhz bus
upgraded PowerMax internal fan
CD-burner
ZIP drive
6GB hard drive (can add up to 2 more hard drives with the G4 tray thats in it)
flip down side panel
mouse/keyboard/power cord

I also have the matching apple G3 monitor that I would be willing to work a package deal on. This is a serious machine that I have been using for photo-editting only. It would come pre-loaded with Mac OS X on it. I also have all the restore CDs for it.

Anyone here interested in something like this? I would be willing to let the tower AND monitor go for $300 with everything you see listed above. I have a new machine on the way and I'd like this guy to go to someone that will enjoy it. Its a GREAT computer. No issues at all. Everything works like new. Routinely cleaned. Pretty much everything in it is new. I even have the original working Apple G3 processor (350mhz Power Mac G3) that will come with the computer. I can take photos of it if there is anyone here interested.

Thanks for looking

J

jbiscuit
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
This is the case style:

http://www.monitor.ca/monitor/issues/vol7iss2/mac_g3.gif

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 08:09 AM
editted....I thought I had the powerlogix 768mhz but in fact it is the 900mhz!!!! An even better deal!!!

Myles
08-29-2006, 08:18 AM
apple killed my inner child.

what vid card is in it.

juicedimpss
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
ill trade you a 20 oz mountain dew and a burger from the calderone.

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
apple killed my inner child.

what vid card is in it.

I can find out for ya. I meant to write it down last night and I forgot to. Its probably AGP graphics card series II.

Think about it this way.....its got a bad@ss processor in it that is actually worth MORE than $180 by itself. I use the machine to run Photoshop CS2 nearly every day. Its a tank. :thumbsup

Make me an offer on it and we'll talk. I bought a new machine and just need to help offset the cost a little bit thats all.

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
ill trade you a 20 oz mountain dew and a burger from the calderone.

you got the burger on you?:rolf

Myles
08-29-2006, 08:30 AM
I can find out for ya. I meant to write it down last night and I forgot to. Its probably AGP graphics card series II.

Think about it this way.....its got a bad@ss processor in it that is actually worth MORE than $180 by itself. I use the machine to run Photoshop CS2 nearly every day. Its a tank. :thumbsup

Make me an offer on it and we'll talk. I bought a new machine and just need to help offset the cost a little bit thats all.

well i do alot of video, and i was tinkering the idea of playing with mac. So i dont know just yet, i dont like the adobe line, nor final cut pro, but if its better and easier to use than the PC equivilant i might want to try it, but vegas seems to work very very well.

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
ahhhh gotcha. Well whats cool is that all the PC cards etc work in the Mac. I was running a 4 USB PCI card etc that I picked up from CompUSA for $22, video cards all work etc...hard drives yadda yadda. I am an Art Director and we ONLY use macs. They are more stable at photo manipulation etc. Video is the same way. I was using a G4 at my last job with 1GB of RAM to edit video in Final Cut Pro with a 450mhz processor! Sure it was a little slow to make HUGE changes but it won't crash. One other nice thing about the Mac is it is pretty much null from viruses. GAME ON!

Myles
08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
very true, but i havent had crash issues with my current video machine, i guess ill have to find someone who has a mac so i can play with it and see if i like it any better.

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 08:46 AM
thats cool....let me know. You are welcome to come check out mine if you want to see it

juicedimpss
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
very true, but i havent had crash issues with my current video machine, i guess ill have to find someone who has a mac so i can play with it and see if i like it any better.
so you lied the other day when you said your puter crashed while rendering the vids for me and mike,or you just didnt do them and wanted to have an excuse..??
:wow

Myles
08-29-2006, 09:02 AM
i use crash when i am talking to you guys. There was an error, and caused the batch to dump cause there is a problem with the video or audio stream and the program seperate of vegas has issues with it and cant read it. I use a seperate program and create a batch file so it does any tweaks and random fixes by itself, Hence why im having issues right now. There is something wrong in one of the audio streams so now i have to go into vegas and find out if its a problem with the actual data or that the other program im using does not like what the stream. If thats the case i will have to rerender it and see if that fixes it.

Everytime i would start talking about it in great detail at this point you guys either look at me like im speaking in tounges or you just ignore it and say "get the video done". So i use a general term in hopes that you guys will just accept that fact that im having issues.

jbiscuit
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
price lowered.......$260!!!!!!!!

jbiscuit
08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Iussu: the Puter has a Radeon card in it.....I even upped the RAM to 768MB last night

jbiscuit
08-30-2006, 08:13 AM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7223/dsc0003vt7.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2346/dsc0005qj0.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5665/dsc0006yi2.jpg

jbiscuit
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
$250 and I'LL DELIVER IT! :rolf