PDA

View Full Version : Fishy or not?

Nix
08-28-2006, 08:08 AM
I got this email response on a car that I had some intrest in and it sounds kinda fishy. The car is a 99' Mustang GT with everything and a 5 speed with 96,000 miles on it for 5,150...

But I dont like this response, read up...

This car is in great condition and I bet you'll like it. I have just left to Iraq. I don't know if I am supposed to tell you that, but I was deployed here in a military base with Idaho Army National Guard, and it seems that I'll be staying here for a while, so I want to sell my car fast. You will receive the car along with title, bill of sale everything signed, 2 keys, and owner manual. It has a clear title, and is ready for you. If you're interested to buy my car I'll need your full name and address to arrange the shipping. I check my email quite often and i'll wait for your reply. I have some potential buyers so hurry up. For this transaction we should use a third party so everything go smooth and safe. As for the shipping tosautoshippers its just fine.

P.S.: The total amount would be $5150.

JohnnyT
08-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Walk away...

68RR440
08-28-2006, 08:18 AM
If it smells like fish, its fishy...

http://fish-news.teia.org/som-glv.jpg

DirtyMax
08-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Hell yeah that's a scammer. They don't even use proper Engrish in several instances.

WilliamZ
08-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Yep it doesn't sound right. I wouldn't do it.

Nix
08-28-2006, 10:36 AM
So I sent this fella an email back asking some questions and such. I also told him that I would like to speak with someone and also take the car for a test drive and look it over before I would tak the "deal" any further.:rolf I will post as soon as I get a response from him. I sent the orignial email to him over a week ago and he responded this morning. It really dosent matter anyway cause I have already closed the deal on a new car this past saturday and Im taking delivery today after I get out of work:headbang

86GUTLASS
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
When I had my 97 accord on craigs list for sale some guy e-mailed me and said he would buy it.But he wanted wanted my name and address so he could send me a cashiers check for 2000.00 more than i was asking,to cover the cost of me shipping it to him.So I emailed him back and asked for a phone number so i could talk to him over the phone instead of e-mail.I never heard from him.I new it was a scam.

I would walk away

68RR440
08-28-2006, 10:44 AM
It really dosent matter anyway cause I have already closed the deal on a new car this past saturday and Im taking delivery today after I get out of work:headbang

Well, what did you get???? :confused :thumbsup

68RR440
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
so he could send me a cashiers check for 2000.00 more than i was asking

I had a huge collection of them bogus checks hanging on my wall at one point, people used to freak out when they would come over and see $450K worth of checks un-cashed. :rolf :rolf

86GUTLASS
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM
lol, I should have had him send me the check

68RR440
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
lol, I should have had him send me the check
Hell yeah, they make great conversation pieces! :thumbsup :rolf

Nix
08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, what did you get???? :confused :thumbsup

2000 TA:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

Nix
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
*UPDATE*

recieved 8/29/06

As i left to Iraq the car was moved to FL. But shipping wouldnt be a problem and is quite cheap $100 as I have some relations in the army. Just let me know your name and address so I can arrange it.
It doesnt bother me if you want to go and pick it up. This way its even easier for me, but also I could ship, so the car will be picked up by the shipping company. It will be delivered right to your door. It takes 1 day to handle the shipping and 4 days to bring it to you. I hope its not a problem with it. This car has clear title and is in great condition. So you dont have to worry for extra money you would have to invest in it.
As i am in Iraq it is hard for me to sell it without involving third party. Using a third party, its easier for both of us.
I need your full name and address to start things up.
You'll love this car I can guarantee you that!
Let me know.