PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Douchebag Cars

HITMAN
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I got this off of SVTPerformance.com and thought I would post it for your enjoyment. BTW, I don't give a phuck if it's a repost. Boo-Phucking-Hoo.

On to the humor...

10) Maserati: This car is in the number 10 spot only because of their lack of presence on the road. Typical of a mid-30s douchebag, these cars can be found with their either wealthy or stupidly indebted owners driving like complete morons in thick midday traffic. When they aren't trying to impress high school sophomores with their rad fake Ferrari's they can be found laying black marks into on ramps and nearly taking out soccer moms when they fail to signal while playing NASCAR on the highway.

9) Civic Si: While most civics are owned by sensible motorists just wanting cheap transport, a small group of teenage douchebags, empowered by the fantastic scenes of speed in The Fast and the Fictitious have decided that one car stands above all else as a powerhouse road rocket. They have chosen the anemic Civic Si to show the rest of the commuting world just who's boss. With it's stunning 170 HP, these buzz-farting pests can be seen slowly bumbling through traffic, race car style, sometimes passing on shoulders and turn lanes to prove their macho vehicles are faster than anything they happen to pass, most of the time when no "race" of any sort is taking place.

8) BMW 3-Series: Everyone's encountered these douchebags on the road. Yuppie with a cell phone up to his ear, crappy euro-trash techno-music blaring, chinese knock-off designer sunglasses on and a pink polo shirt with the collar popped like a pro. This metrodouchebag has only one thing on his mind when he's driving, and that's proving how big a douchebag he really is to any and all drivers on the road. When you are at an intersection with a lane that ends, he will try to race you to get in front of you, when you are doing 15 over on the freeway, he will pretend to be agitated and floor his mighty 220 HP mill to flyby you and show that his vehicle is meant for autobahn speeds. Apparently the warranty as a clause about a free replacement vehicle if the car is damaged while running a red light or stop sign, regardless of age or mileage, so be careful when these crowning douchebags pull their ultimate driving machine up to the line, they might just cross it!

7) Dodge Ram: This list wouldn't be complete without the country douchebag cousin. Out of all the trucks, none has spurned a douchebag craze like the Hemi toting ram. With it's big grille, sunburned, dirty, tattooed arm hanging out the window, and a confederate flag adorning the rear window, this truckload of douchebaggery will bear down on any little car that happens to be in front of them, tail gating them until they can snarl their overstressed engine to gradually pass by. Loud and awful sounding exhausts along with gun racks and cam seat covers are common place on these rural douche haulers. Just make sure you have a decent bit of distance between these tailgating SOBs if you decide to brake check these lunatics, trucks aren't known for their ability to stop.

6) Trans-Am: A hardy choice for a mid-level douchebag, Trans-ams are notorious for their owners complete lack of self control when it comes to showing off their bad-ass plastic muscle car. Revving their obnoxiously loud engines at anything with 4 wheels and an audible engine, these douchebags are always looking for a chance to show off their douchebaggery. More often than not, some slack-jawed yokel, upon being called such, will utter phrases like "well what do you drive" or "my ****'s faster'n yours". This boondock douchebag call, while not limited to trans-am drivers, is often followed by a big burnout , no matter how thick the traffic is, and a middle finger. It should be noted, these douchebags appear to network with other douchebags to form douche convoys.

5) Camaro SS: The companion douchebag to the trans-am, these ****y bastards have taken a notch above the trans-am because of the ego boost their SS badge gives them. SS, standing for Super Small, is a reference to their penis size. Often the SS Douchebag (lol sounds like a ship full of *******s) will try to show off for his inbred girlfriend by racing vehicles that aren't acknowledging a race, or participating in the douchebaggery of trans-am owners, as stated above. On top of burnouts, donuts, and being obnoxious, they firmly believe the SS badge of their Camaro gives them super powers over other Camaros, even V8s, in spite of a weight difference not over come by the marginal power difference.

4) Mustang Cobra: The crowning douchebag of the V8, the mustang cobra reigns supreme in their godlike douchebaggery. Cobra douchebags suffer from a Napoleonic complex that their cars are the greatest vehicles ever made. The fact that can be fast is the primary fuel for this ego. However, when these douchebags are bested they fall back on a douchebag cliché as old as time. People who think their car sucks are jealous of it, and wish they could afford the bourgeois price tag of a $27000-$30000 car. They are also prone to excuse making, from the design of the car, to the fact that some of these douchebags just don't know how to drive them. These are all excuses levied to try and quell the flood of criticism of the small-dicked, arrogant douchebag when they try to show off more than they are able.

3) Subaru STi: The douchebag mobile for the 21st century is here. Complete with a simulated penis enlarging function that gives the owners of these fugly shopping carts with engines the feeling they are more masculine than they truly are. Again spouting claims of jealous or inability to afford a cheap japanese import, the drivers of these cars are the first all-weather douchebags of the list. Because of mass advertising campaigns, the pinheaded morons driving these cars seem to think that any day, rain, snow, shine, or 3" of glaze ice is race day and will not hesitate to prove this to you, even if it means slamming into a telephone pole on a winter day. On top of that, the turbocharged engine gives these twats a sense of superiority over other vehicles that don't have turbochargers. The douchebags brag about these fascinating pieces of technology, even if they haven't a clue how they work.

2) Mitsubishi EVO: Thanks to a mass marketed hype, Mitsubishi was able to jump into the douchebag market with the Mitsubishi EVO, an ugly piece of junk that can best be described as a turbocharged chinese takeout box. Because of the hype and aura surrounded by these douchemobiles, their owners think their cars are invincible, able to best every and any car on the road or track, in spite of reality. Again jealousy is an issue with the owners of these rolling dumpsters because we all know people just wish they owned a $30000 Lancer with a hopped up engine. Additional "technology" features (including a massive wing inversely proportional to the owners penis size) attract quasi-intelligent douchebags to these cars because they can pretend to explain how all the useless marketing features actually make their cars fast. Through extensive douchebag networking, a random douchebag always knows some other douchebag who is a friend of a douchebag with an Evo that runs single digits in the quarter mile. This information is bogus, and often imparted by a douchebag trying to impress non-douchebags about a hyped up douchemobile that he doesn't own. Races with these uber-fast EVOs never materialize either. Fortunately, the hype on these vehicles is fading away, but egos remain higher than ever as a result, with douchebags desperate to prove how bad-ass they can be by racing anything on the road.

and now...

The Number 1 Douchebag Vehicle of All

Dodge Neon SRT4: The ultimate in douchebaggery vehicles. A worthless turd of a vehicle, slapped together by the company that brought you the Ram, comes a douchemobile of unimaginable proportions. There is not a single owner of these vehicles that isn't faithful to the douchebag way of life. Whether it's talking up their slow piece of crap and never running it, making every excuse from the douchebag rolodex of BS reasons why they won't race or lost a race, or simply doing childish douchebag things like weaving, blowing through red lights, flooring it at every opportunity, burnouts in traffic, revving at cars two lanes over and in front of them, racing in traffic, nearly rear ending cars, losing control and flying off a road while attempting to race a car that wasn't race, NASCAR impersonations, trying to show off to their ugly girlfriend how macho they are by being a complete moron, pretending parking lots are rally tracks, and thinking they have the fastest car ever built, SRT4 owners do it all. They are world class, award winning, grade A douchebags that need to be stomped, laughed at, outrun, and outdone in every car related anything they bring their pieces of crap to. Even Dodge thought they created a douchebag monster they couldn't control so they axed it. Above it all, these douchebags are in intense denial about one thing: THEY DRIVE NEONS. Neons will never be cool, respectable, awesome, attractive, or have a legacy other than being pre-form scrap metal. Douche on SRT4 owners, Douche on!

:rolf

I, myself, think the thread originator is wrong on the order, if not the cars themselves. My list would substitute minivans (any) for Maserati at number 10, leave numbers 9 through 3 as they are, and switch numbers 2 and 1. EVO drivers, en masse, are the biggest group of nut-swinging douchebag wanna-be's I've ever seen. There is no car I've seen that has more fan-fags posting on different NON-EVO related bulletin-boards about how cool their fugly-ass wreck is than the EVO. I ask you, other than the curiosity factor of little motors making big power with even bigger turbos, just exactly who phucking cares about the 3hp gain the AMS EVO has had this week? :yawn:

Al
08-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Did you write that yourself?

Yes!!! No Audis or Acuras!

animal
08-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Haha, just wait til the srt4 crowd gets all offended with you. Then you'll be sorry ;)

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 01:56 AM
I've seen this list on a few other sites. It's fvckin garbage!
10) Maserati - Uh yeah..... Rich doushce bags
9) Civic Si - eh, ok i could see this one
8) BMW 3-Series - Uh, WHAT? ever heard of the M3???
7) Dodge Ram: - Come on Chuck Norris drove one!
6) Trans-Am - Back In the 60's they were fast and they still are today
5) Camaro - Back In the 60's they were fast and they still are today
4) Mustang Cobra - Fast some are S/C American Tradition...uh yeah...
3) Subaru STi - 4Cyl Turbo 300HP AWD 13.0 STOCK uh what?
2) Mitsubishi EVO - AWD TURBO 4cyl. FAST Good MPG
Dodge Neon SRT4 - FASTEST PRODUCTION CAR UNDER $20,000 ENOUGH SAID!

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Haha, just wait til the srt4 crowd gets all offended with you. Then you'll be sorry ;)
Yeah and based on the post after yours, I think the pin-headed Neon owners parade just started...:rolleyes:

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 02:41 AM
I've seen this list on a few other sites. It's fvckin garbage!

So are Neons.

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 02:58 AM
yeah, that's a opinion...to tell you the truth i don't own any of those cars i just don't see why they get a bad rep? i mean a SRT-4 with a intake beats up on a 5.7 GTO

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 03:16 AM
An '04 GTO w/5.7l makes 350 hp and weighs in at around 2 tons. The '05/'06s weigh the same, but have 400 hp with which to move it. How many mods does it take to get a skittle to drive around a stock '05/'06 Ram Air GTO? How about we mod both cars? Where does it end?

FWIW, I'd rather own an SRT4 than an EVO. EVO's are just too fugly and WAY too goddamned expensive for what you are getting. $36K+ for an AWD Lancer with a hairdryer?:rolf
Yeah, sign me right-the-phuck up...:alcoholic

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 03:27 AM
I'm just meerly saying that with between $100-$1500 a SRT Goes Right by a 350HP 04 GTO.
and if you paid $21,000 for the car
And if you paid $1,500 For (intake,boost controller,Ecu,install)
you are up to $22,500

What does a STOCK GTO cost? 27-30??

But yeah to make a SRT-4 Drive around a Stock 05-06 GTO with the 6.0 you would need to spend about $3800-4500

but still
$21,000 for the car
$ 4,500 for the mods
--------
$25,500 TOTAL (STILL CHEAPER THEN A 5.7GTO)

But once you start modding the GTO it will start going around a SRT-4

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Alright, let's try a different tack. Have you ever sat in a GTO? There's a reason it costs more than a Neon. Trust me, there's more to life than just speed. Of the guys that drive the Neons: How many would rather own a GTO if they could afford the difference between the two cars? I would imagine 8 out of 10 would rather own a GTO. For the quality and content difference, I'll gladly accept the weight penalty. That's why I own an '04 Cobra and not a stripper '89 LX notch with a turbo'd 410, a 'glide and one race bucket. I've been down that road and I much prefer to have some comfort and tunes than a pure rocket, these days. If I could afford it, my ultimate ride would be a Mercedes SL65 AMG. Are there faster cars for far less money? Yes, but if you're behind the wheel of a car like that, it takes a little bit of the sting out of losing a race.

Just my $.02

Car Guy
08-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Alright, let's try a different tack. Have you ever sat in a GTO? There's a reason it costs more than a Neon. Trust me, there's more to life than just speed. Of the guys that drive the Neons: How many would rather own a GTO if they could afford the difference between the two cars? I would imagine 8 out of 10 would rather own a GTO. For the quality and content difference, I'll gladly accept the weight penalty. That's why I own an '04 Cobra and not a stripper '89 LX notch with a turbo'd 410, a 'glide and one race bucket. I've been down that road and I much prefer to have some comfort and tunes than a pure rocket, these days. If I could afford it, my ultimate ride would be a Mercedes SL65 AMG. Are there faster cars for far less money? Yes, but if you're behind the wheel of a car like that, it takes a little bit of the sting out of losing a race.

Just my $.02

^^^^He does have a good point people.......

88Nightmare
08-26-2006, 07:40 AM
exactly. Speed isnt everything. If I could afford it, I'd have a nice GTO or Cobra. I've test driven SRT4's, and yeah, they move, but they feel so cheaply made. I mean, Dodge cheaped out so much, they couldn't even put power windows in the back. In a basic neon, I could kind of understand, but an SRT4? its not like a power window motor is adding a lot of weight. The doors feel paper thin, the car just doesn't feel very solid.

TURTLE
08-26-2006, 07:54 AM
i like my neon... but i respect anything on the road that is driven respectfully and not like it's the final lap of the daytona 500...

well, almost anything on the road...

FANAT1C
08-26-2006, 08:02 AM
If Dodge started adding more comfort features and better, luxury items the price would definitly rise. Would you pay $25-30k for it?

Reference to the list I really think the Gran Prix needs to be in there somewhere! In any given day I see at least 2-3 douche bags that think it's the fastest car made. To make things worse they're usually the lower models. :loser

88Nightmare
08-26-2006, 08:10 AM
speaking of gran prix's....

my latest motor trend I got spoke of a rear wheel drive model with the 6 liter may be possibly arriving in the future????

johnny--2k
08-26-2006, 09:14 AM
saw this posted on the S2000 forums but didnt want to post it for fear of getting my ass kicked by someone.....

oh well, I'm safe in my Acura!

sloLs1
08-26-2006, 11:25 AM
An '04 GTO w/5.7l makes 350 hp and weighs in at around 2 tons. The '05/'06s weigh the same, but have 400 hp with which to move it. How many mods does it take to get a skittle to drive around a stock '05/'06 Ram Air GTO? How about we mod both cars? Where does it end?

FWIW, I'd rather own an SRT4 than an EVO. EVO's are just too fugly and WAY too goddamned expensive for what you are getting. $36K+ for an AWD Lancer with a hairdryer?:rolf
Yeah, sign me right-the-phuck up...:alcoholic

well i geuss you never drove an EVO before... and dont say you did because you didnt. You prolly never have taken a ride in one with a decent driver(and dont say you have because you haven't). So your basing your info on nothing. SRT4 arent sh!t compared to an EVO. 2 tottally different worlds. well i am done ranting... and i will give you the fact that there are a lot of "doucheBag" drivers out there that take for granted their car that there daddy bought them for their 16 birthday....... nuff said for me

Waver
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM
We all could go back and forth about srt4's vs gtos, evos vs what ever, my dad kicking your dads ass, but what would be the point....The thread was suposed to be funny. Hell I got a laugh out of it, and the same that was said for the above cars could be said for all cars...Yesterday I was getting gas and some stupid ricer with a vw golf with a turbo was tapping his gas just so he could here the blow off valve whistle repeatedly. What was the point of that?

Poncho
08-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm just meerly saying that with between $100-$1500 a SRT Goes Right by a 350HP 04 GTO.
and if you paid $21,000 for the car
And if you paid $1,500 For (intake,boost controller,Ecu,install)
you are up to $22,500

What does a STOCK GTO cost? 27-30??

But yeah to make a SRT-4 Drive around a Stock 05-06 GTO with the 6.0 you would need to spend about $3800-4500

but still
$21,000 for the car
$ 4,500 for the mods
--------
$25,500 TOTAL (STILL CHEAPER THEN A 5.7GTO)

But once you start modding the GTO it will start going around a SRT-4

you are sadly mistaken on the capabiliy of bone stock ls1 and ls2 gtos. particaulary the times they run. the sadl thing about the ls2 is that it has such a shitty stock tune, and horrid torque management, that they have a harder time producing #s at the track that are much better than the ls1s.
taken from LS1gto.com for some reason too, some of them stock LS1 guys are managing to produce sub 2.0 sec 60' and nobody w/ the LS2 has been able to do the same on stock tires.

LS1 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA ET's - Stock:
1) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH
2) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH
3) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH
4) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH
5) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH
6) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH
7) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH
10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH
11) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
10) win98nogood 13.393 @ 105.10 MPH

LS2 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA LS2 ET's - Stock:
1) NYTIGER 12.920 @ 109.40 MPH
2) jumbojet 12.974 @ 108.08 MPH
3) Boilermaker GTO 12.9299 @ 106.89
4) BlackSheep 12.98 @ 108 MPH
5) KYGTO 13.035 @ 108.96 MPH
6) JudgeThis05 13.036 @ 108.72
7) hookmechanic 13.074 @ 106.76 MPH
8) SloNlo 13.086 @ 108.75 MPH
9) TheCamel 13.112 @ 108.49 MPH
10) BadGTO 13.14 @ 104.99 MPH
11) Lord Vador 13.132 @ 108.85 MPH
12) Joey D 13.236 @ 104.79 MPH
13) steelerguy 13.378 @ 106.54 MPH

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 12:15 PM

Just my $.02 Personally i'd rather own a SRT-4.... I just don't like the styling of The GTO personally. And i rode in a 5.7 there nice but i'm not sure if they are worth the extra couple grand to me. And SloLS1 has a point a EVO and a SRT-4 are 2 totally differant cars. the EVO hooks lol.... oh and good point about the SL65 AMG! :drool: :drool: My Friends dad had a 05 SL500 that was awesome. but he sold it and got a new Porsche (SP?) Caymen. But then if i was gonna spend that much i'd just get the CL65 or the S65. Not a big convertable guy. Oh Oh Oh or a E55 AMG :wow :drool: :wow
Speaking of Benz Did you see they have a Silver SLR MCLAREN at International Autos! :banana :banana1: :banana :banana1:

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 12:21 PM
you are sadly mistaken on the capabiliy of bone stock ls1 and ls2 gtos. particaulary the times they run. the sadl thing about the ls2 is that it has such a shitty stock tune, and horrid torque management, that they have a harder time producing #s at the track that are much better than the ls1s.
taken from LS1gto.com

LS1 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA ET's - Stock:
1) ls1gto 13.10 @ 107.3 MPH
2) TRU GTO 13.136 @ 105.76 MPH
3) GTwhoa 13.15 @ 105.35 MPH
4) nutiger 13.245 @ 104.86 MPH
5) GTONEWB 13.248 105.99 MPH
6) slammin86 13.27 @ 105.46 MPH
7) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
9) nikivee 13.3 @ 104.00 MPH
10) 1meangoat 13.307 @ 104.61 MPH
11) Nmbr1GMfan 13.390 @ 104.54 MPH
10) win98nogood 13.393 @ 105.10 MPH

LS2 ENGINE CLASS
Top NA LS2 ET's - Stock:
1) NYTIGER 12.920 @ 109.40 MPH
2) jumbojet 12.974 @ 108.08 MPH
3) Boilermaker GTO 12.9299 @ 106.89
4) BlackSheep 12.98 @ 108 MPH
5) KYGTO 13.035 @ 108.96 MPH
6) JudgeThis05 13.036 @ 108.72
7) hookmechanic 13.074 @ 106.76 MPH
8) SloNlo 13.086 @ 108.75 MPH
9) TheCamel 13.112 @ 108.49 MPH
10) BadGTO 13.14 @ 104.99 MPH
11) Lord Vador 13.132 @ 108.85 MPH
12) Joey D 13.236 @ 104.79 MPH
13) steelerguy 13.378 @ 106.54 MPH

ok, and you just proved my Point. My friend Jimmy had about $2000 into mods and ran on 13.2 at the Track. My buddy Ryan has about $500 Into his SRT-4 and He was on His bumper.
SO MY FRIENDS 2 SRT-4'S Didn't break into the TOP 10 FASTEST 5.7's ON THAT SITE.

Then you put a turbo kit like i said on the SRT-4 for about $4000ish you are in the LOW LOW 12's High 11's pending on Driver and Tires

But then again maybe i just don't "get" What your trying to say? :goof

Poncho
08-26-2006, 12:32 PM
it's not about speed, it's the total package, otherwise nobody would give two shits about 70k mercedes.

the GTO is compared to mercedes CLK55 in auto magazines, not skittles.

and I believe they claimed it to be 90% of that mercedes @ half the cost. They even ran it against a virgin GTO w/ 1000 miles and a crappy automatic

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0405_sport_coupe_comparison/index.html

had they run that mercedes against a 05 GTO, the performance, and braking would have been significantly better for the GTO.

i think what some people get (stockmach for example) and what some people don't get (496ws6 for example) is that you can be cool in multiple ways, looks, speed, handling, etc. but while thats cool, it's about total package. skittle is cool, best performance for 20k. but it's still a neon. gto is a crapload more car for 10k more, and the people that own GTOs wouldn't want a skittle. but yet the few people I do know w/ skittles would love a gto, but it wasn't in their budget. while the will joke that after a few mods they will run w/ my GTO, they still respect the goat for what it is, and would rather be in a goat. they wanted alot more comfort and car for their money. GTO is hailed as being one of the best buys for it's money too. Best overall combination of performance and other things that matter like quality, comfort, and all that crap for under 35k
what do you classify a skittle? a sport compact. but so is a base civic. thats easy. what about a GTO? it's kinda a sports car, it's kind of a GT car. it's also a luxury performance car. what it definately is though, is a car that shouldn't be compared to a neon in anyway, unless for some reason you try to raise your neon to make it seem good, or better than a GTO due to performance potential after modifying one.

you want to compare? fine, but sticky tires on a GTO. it'll run mid 12's all day long in a LS2, and high 12's all day long in a LS1. You won't be seeing me suddenly comparing my GTO to a Vette. cuz I still dont' have a vette or the things that make it a vette, it's cool to say it can run w/ a stock vette on crap street tires, but it's still no vette. besides, I'd way rather be in a vette.

and if you wanna talk about mod potential, i suppose 2k in mods on a GTO and it's in the 11's depending on what mods you choose. spray and tires will get you there. a turbo kit?? shit we don't have many, but they are in the 10s

besides screw your neons. screw this whole discussion
no matter what we drive.............

496WS6's MX6 will tear us up all day long. :rolf

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Alright so now your comparing your All mighty GTO to a Mercedes benz? uhhh what? Now a Benz is a total package car. that is in a whole other league! I PERSONALLY don't see why the GTO is such a superior car...
2 Doors Vs 4 doors
Gas mileage
Apperance
Etc Etc Etc.....
I'm not bad talking GTO's but i just don't see the big fuss with all the GTO Hype.. i'd love if you could explain it to me a little bit. I thought they were cool at first too. Then My Buddy got a 04 SRT-4 for 16,000 It had a Intake,Boost controller and bov. And it was me him and another friend in the car going about 35-40 against a GTO And we pulled like a car or so on him till well past 100 Then at 130 the Gto started catching...i know that's performance agian. but I don't think they look that good even. Again... i'm not talking shit about GTO's I just don't see why people think they are All mighty cars.

Poncho
08-26-2006, 01:05 PM
hey I don't work for motor trend.

but reading articles like that before I bought my GTO made me want to have a GTO.

if the car sucks so bad, then why was it used like a million times to compare it to like everything. was used in RWD/FWD/AWD debate, mustang v.s. gto (more than once), 300c v.s. gto, srt8 v.s. gto, clk55 v.s. gto, mustang, v.s. 300c vs gto, among others that I'm sure I'm missing.

Flicktitty
08-26-2006, 01:11 PM
dude, i never said it sucked... I JUST DON'T LIKE THEM. you proved my point about the car being hyped up.

USMARINE1108
08-26-2006, 02:13 PM
5) Camaro SS: The companion douchebag to the trans-am, these ****y bastards have taken a notch above the trans-am because of the ego boost their SS badge gives them. SS, standing for Super Small, is a reference to their penis size. Often the SS Douchebag (lol sounds like a ship full of *******s) will try to show off for his inbred girlfriend by racing vehicles that aren't acknowledging a race, or participating in the douchebaggery of trans-am owners, as stated above. On top of burnouts, donuts, and being obnoxious, they firmly believe the SS badge of their Camaro gives them super powers over other Camaros, even V8s, in spite of a weight difference not over come by the marginal power difference.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5659/8b9f59b02km7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
How did we get so far from the original intent of this thread? I posted this for humor, not to start a Skittle vs Goat war. The title was about douchebag cars, but what the original author was really alluding to was the driver personalities, not the actual cars themselves.

A car is a tool, just like a gun. A gun sitting on a table by itself cannot kill anything, just as a car without a driver is just something else for birds to sh*t on.

SRT4's are a good bang for the buck, no doubt, but you have to give the GTO it's due, as well. I looked at an SRT4 a while back but I decided if I wanted to make a car payment, I wanted something RWD and nicer than an econo-box with a hot motor. Then I considered the GTO. Nice car, but the styling didn't quite do it for me. So my choice was narrowed down to either an '03/'04 Cobra or the '05 and up Mustang GT. I like both cars, but the new 'Stang is big, and while I like it's styling a lot, I prefer the styling of the Cobra. Not to mention the ease of making BIG power on a factory forced induction engine with just a few mods. You wanna talk about bang for the buck? The Cobra's got it all over an SRT4...and like the GTO, it's a much nicer car inside. Resale on Cobras has always been a little better than average, as well.

As for the list? As a Cobra owner, I'm in at #4 :thumbsup

USMARINE1108
08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
A car is a tool, just like a gun. A gun sitting on a table by itself cannot kill anything, just as a car without a driver is just something else for birds to sh*t on.

Guns kill people and cars make people douchebags like a fork made Rosie Odonnell fat.

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
well i geuss you never drove an EVO before... and dont say you did because you didnt. You prolly never have taken a ride in one with a decent driver(and dont say you have because you haven't). So your basing your info on nothing. SRT4 arent sh!t compared to an EVO. 2 tottally different worlds. well i am done ranting... and i will give you the fact that there are a lot of "doucheBag" drivers out there that take for granted their car that there daddy bought them for their 16 birthday....... nuff said for me

You know nothing about me (other than our brief conversation when I bought those LS1 heads) and you are ASSUMING far too much...

I know a guy (Jon Peccarelli) that owns an EVO and he's a pretty fair shoe with it. (LOTS of auto x-ing and setting low time for his class) I've ridden in it WITH HIM DRIVING, and while it goes around corners HARD and it accelerates pretty well, I still don't like the car. For one thing, I think it's silly looking. That JapAnime face tied in with the shopping cart wing all sitting on an econo-box with a greenhouse almost as high as a minivan's is just too much for me to deal with. As for driving one? No, I've never actually driven an EVO. Would an STi suffice? I had a chance to drive one those a few times, (Paul Martens) and based what I've read about both cars, they're pretty similar in all departments except one. Interior quality. An STi is a fair step up from a standard WRX, just as a WRX is a step up from a regular Impreza. The EVO? Exterior wise it's definitely different, but interior wise, aside from the Recaro seats, alloy pedal covers and Momo wheel, it's identical to a standard Lancer, right down to the crappy instrument panel. The Lancer Evolution MR retails for over THIRTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS! WTF? For $36K I can't even get a lousy set of upgraded gauge bezels unless I fork out another $75 for some Krylon sprayed garbage. Riiiiiiiight... :rolleyes:

It rides like shit, it's tinny, it costs too much, I don't care for the styling, and the EVO fan-boys ARE THE WORST.

Other than that, I really like the car....:thumbsup

BTW, go back and read the first post. It's really about driver personalities, not the cars themselves. Stop being so defensive about a car I thought you were selling...
Besides, none of the listed personality traits of EVO owners apply to you, do they? ;)

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Guns kill people and cars make people douchebags like a fork made Rosie Odonnell fat.

BINGO! Someone who gets it! Score one for the USMC! :thumbsup

fireguyrick
08-26-2006, 10:56 PM
I am calling you all out to race. Any car, any setup, any amount of money. Only thing is that there has to be 3" of ice out, and the race is telephone pole slaloming.

Rick

Poncho
08-26-2006, 10:58 PM

I actually wish I could be one, but at the time, new cobras were no longer being sold, and I couldn't get decent financing for one, v.s. new.

I think if anything the cobra that it refers to in the list is the older ones. since they weren't azz kickin' terminators, and everyone that I met w/ a cobra is cool as hell.

Poncho
08-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I am calling you all out to race. Any car, any setup, any amount of money. Only thing is that there has to be 3" of ice out, and the race is telephone pole slaloming.

Rick

damn, we have the mariner till monday morning. I'll take you on for $5, but it has to snow overnight, and be sunny and warm by monday, otherwise nicole will wrap the mustang around the pole leaving the dealership :goof

HITMAN
08-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Rick

Good. $1,000,000 in cash. I'll bring this:
http://www.shutterfreaks.com/albums2/album95/LakeGeorge_IceRace.jpg You bring the Scoob, the cash and I'll buy the brew after I win.:thumbsup

stock?
08-27-2006, 03:38 AM
it's not about speed, it's the total package, otherwise nobody would give two shits about 70k mercedes.

the GTO is compared to mercedes CLK55 in auto magazines, not skittles.

and I believe they claimed it to be 90% of that mercedes @ half the cost. They even ran it against a virgin GTO w/ 1000 miles and a crappy automatic

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0405_sport_coupe_comparison/index.html

had they run that mercedes against a 05 GTO, the performance, and braking would have been significantly better for the GTO.

i think what some people get (stockmach for example) and what some people don't get (496ws6 for example) is that you can be cool in multiple ways, looks, speed, handling, etc. but while thats cool, it's about total package. skittle is cool, best performance for 20k. but it's still a neon. gto is a crapload more car for 10k more, and the people that own GTOs wouldn't want a skittle. but yet the few people I do know w/ skittles would love a gto, but it wasn't in their budget. while the will joke that after a few mods they will run w/ my GTO, they still respect the goat for what it is, and would rather be in a goat. they wanted alot more comfort and car for their money. GTO is hailed as being one of the best buys for it's money too. Best overall combination of performance and other things that matter like quality, comfort, and all that crap for under 35k
what do you classify a skittle? a sport compact. but so is a base civic. thats easy. what about a GTO? it's kinda a sports car, it's kind of a GT car. it's also a luxury performance car. what it definately is though, is a car that shouldn't be compared to a neon in anyway, unless for some reason you try to raise your neon to make it seem good, or better than a GTO due to performance potential after modifying one.

you want to compare? fine, but sticky tires on a GTO. it'll run mid 12's all day long in a LS2, and high 12's all day long in a LS1. You won't be seeing me suddenly comparing my GTO to a Vette. cuz I still dont' have a vette or the things that make it a vette, it's cool to say it can run w/ a stock vette on crap street tires, but it's still no vette. besides, I'd way rather be in a vette.

and if you wanna talk about mod potential, i suppose 2k in mods on a GTO and it's in the 11's depending on what mods you choose. spray and tires will get you there. a turbo kit?? shit we don't have many, but they are in the 10s

besides screw your neons. screw this whole discussion
no matter what we drive.............

496WS6's MX6 will tear us up all day long. :rolf

the people in motortrend are pretty much profesional drivers and when they are done with the cars they are tore up because they beat the hell out of them to get those time.
most people can not drive to save there butt.
i always love it when you ask someone "what does it run" and they quote you some magazines time. thats when i say no what do you run in it.
i know guys with srt's with $1200 into them and there happy about a 13.9 sorry but that sucks not the car the driver.

as far as comparing a gto and a srt4 there is none. they are completly different!
they are both nice in there own way. i preffer a srt4 it suites my driving needs low cost easy to run fast handle and stops better than 80% of the cars out there including the gto. yes the interior of the goat is much better that is because it is designed to be it is a luxury v8 sports car and the srt is about speed and handling and braking, i mean 112ft from 60 mph from the factory come on that is outstanding.
just my opinion

awsomeears
08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Whoever wrote this list probably lives at home for free and is 31. Working at Burger king so he can finally live the dream. Gets really pissed when a decent car passes him in his 91 chevy cavy that can't go over 60 MPH. So to feel better he had to make this poll :loser

H8RADE
08-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Angly yerrow man!!!
http://overtorqued.net/forum/images/smilies/jappysad.gif
What a bunch of whiners defending their blow dryers.
'It may be a sardine can...but it has a nuclear reactor in it'
Christ...its not like we saw yer **** in the men's room...
THEN...you could get defensive...
:thumbsup

mike90lx
08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Well yes, it's the Driver (ND) not the car that makes it a DB car.

stock?
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Whoever wrote this list probably lives at home for free and is 31. Working at Burger king so he can finally live the dream. Gets really pissed when a decent car passes him in his 91 chevy cavy that can't go over 60 MPH. So to feel better he had to make this poll :loser

+1 tell it like it is

turbogarrett
08-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Amen to that! As for the srt4 , evo , sti- all are a great performing cars for the $$ there's no doubt about that, but because they are more likely to get purchased by young kids(possible immature douchebags) they get a bad rap.
Hell, if I had a car with that kind of power when I was in high school I probably would have been classified as a "douchebag":D

Want respect, be respectful on the street and the track. For example,there is no need to drive like a madman all over the parking lot and staging lanes at gld. We know your car has a turbocharger, no need to sound the bov every 10 feet! One particular blue evo (owner is on this site) swerved at a golf cart I was riding on back in may while driving obnoxiously down to the staging lanes by all the cars getting ready for a summit race the following day. People just shook their heads and went about their buisness...

BadAzzGTA89
08-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Now this one is funny:rolf

Flicktitty
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I looked at an SRT4 a while back but I decided if I wanted to make a car payment, I wanted something RWD and nicer than an econo-box with a hot motor. Then I considered the GTO.
Didn't you just discribe the "muscle cars" of the 60's and 70's in that statement?

HITMAN
08-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Didn't you just discribe the "muscle cars" of the 60's and 70's in that statement?

:rolleyes:

What is your deal? Are you trying to start an argument with me? Or are you just phucking stupid?

The original muscle cars were typically mid-sized RWD cars with out much in the way of options (no air, crank windows, manual locks, manual brakes and lovely vinyl seating surfaces) and a large V8 under the hood.

How does that description correlate to a turbo'd 4 cyl.FWD sub-compact with air and power everything?

The 60's/70's equivalent of an SRT4 would be a turbocharged VW Beetle with a Superbird wing, being driven backward. It would've been comical then, and it's comical now, as is your feeble attempt at making a case for a pathetic Neon being anything more then sported-up fecal matter for the Wanna-Be crowd. :punch:

Flicktitty
08-29-2006, 01:05 AM
No, I'm not starting an argument at all. I just alway's though that's what Muscle cars were. just a "Econo-Box" With a big motor...same as a Neon. you said it your self. And Neon's don't have power rear window's fyi.

titan dohc v8
08-29-2006, 02:15 AM
:wtf , think this went a bit far.
c'mon dont:nutkick or :guns1 sh*t, :haveabeer go 2 a :party: :alcoholic then do a :burnout

just my 2 cents
:alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

btw flicktitty love the pic of Stacy:wooo :wooo :drool: :drool: :wow :stare :shades

Flicktitty
08-29-2006, 03:03 AM
:wtf , think this went a bit far.
c'mon dont:nutkick or :guns1 sh*t, :haveabeer go 2 a :party: :alcoholic then do a :burnout

just my 2 cents
:alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

btw flicktitty love the pic of Stacy:wooo :wooo :drool: :drool: :wow :stare :shades
yeah, i know.....i'm sorry. It's just usually now when i get on the computer i have been arguing with a ashat from another site so when i get here i'm in a bad mood. I'm sorry. i wasen't trying to piss anyone off. But between being in a arguement and then SRT-4's constantly getting made fun of it bugs me. again i'm sorry! - Nick :headbang :thumbsup

stock?
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
+1 tell it like it is

you know i said i will not give someone neg points but it sure is hard to do when someone gives me negitive for this. grow up dude, lets see if we can get mine up to -300 i know with your help we can reach this goal.

stock?
08-29-2006, 03:49 PM

What is your deal? Are you trying to start an argument with me? Or are you just phucking stupid?

The original muscle cars were typically mid-sized RWD cars with out much in the way of options (no air, crank windows, manual locks, manual brakes and lovely vinyl seating surfaces) and a large V8 under the hood.

How does that description correlate to a turbo'd 4 cyl.FWD sub-compact with air and power everything?

The 60's/70's equivalent of an SRT4 would be a turbocharged VW Beetle with a Superbird wing, being driven backward. It would've been comical then, and it's comical now, as is your feeble attempt at making a case for a pathetic Neon being anything more then sported-up fecal matter for the Wanna-Be crowd. :punch:

another car guy that hates every car except the ones he drives and the ones his freind has.
take your red cobra and shove it up your a@@. i am sorry to say that but damn man it seems if someone likes something you dont they are "fvcking stupid" or lame. 45 and you have not grown up yet. if you love cars than why the attitude then. i am not going to give some numbers or an argument to why srt4's are great cause it would be wasted. i am sure i could list a bunch a reasons why your cobra is a joke but i wont its not the cars fault your opinion is screwed. now remember this is only an opinion im sure normaly you are a decent human. dont forget to give me neg for my opinion.

mike90lx
08-29-2006, 05:07 PM

The first muscle cars were economy cars with high horse power engines stuffed in them. I am sure if the technology existed back then to put a lite weight turbo 4cyl in the car it would have been done.

They used what they had back then. Technology does advance so should we.

Now saying all that I do own a 90lx with 460whp 'been on the dyno' so I know where you are coming from. I love the sound feel and pull of the v8 far better then the 4's.

stock?
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
1954 corvette- inline 6 150 bhp
1962 chevy nova- inline 4 or 6 90&120 bhp
1967 chevy camaro- inline 6 140 bhp
1965 buick skylark- v6 155bhp
1975 buick regal- v6 110 bhp
1965 ford mustang inline 6- 101 bhp
1967 firebird inline 6- 165 bhp

just a few examples from the muscle car era. yes you could get a bigger engine on most of these (ecept the vette).
mike is right most of these cars were small cars that you could get big engines in that is what made them so damn cool. you could get a small block in your camaro and beat a big block impala. it is still going on today ex: cobalt ss, neon srt4, ram air grand am etc.
dont forget the neg feedback im up to -257

dont forget the neg feedback in up to -257
besides almost all the "muscle cars" that were made were lucky if they hit a 14.5-15.5 sec quarter mile stock with very few running in the 13's (remember stock means no alterations at all). yes you could uncork the exhaust and bolt on slicks and advance the timing and it would be faster but thats not stock.

many of todays "compact cars" are hitting that no problem and handle better, get better gas mileage.
what i am trying to say is they are still making fast affordable cars. just because they are not a mustang,camaro,vette,etc doesn't mean it crap.

all info was from "encyclopedia of american cars" or as i like to call it "the bible".

forcefedss
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
i dont get why everyone got sooo upset about that list??? they are just cars, get you from point a to point b...

imo, there are a lot more douchebag cobalt ss/sc owners than srt4 owners...well the ones ive met

some of the cobalt ss/sc owners sit there and say they can beat my old srt4 w/ just a pulley upgrade and exhaust?? come the **** on ppl..

then there was one w/ the gm stg 2 upgrade, exhaust and a few other things and he's sayin he could womp on vipers..

but that is my opinion..

i just liked the fact that when i beat cars, i tell them they just got beat by a NEON!!! ha!!! that was the only fun part...

i liked my srt4, it had its ups and downs...the fact that the ****** car came w/ roll down windows in the back, GHEY! a semi truck shifter...

i miss my srt4 a lot..dont get me wrong.

everyone is entilted to their opions. i just dont get why some ppl get so upset and all pissy about someone talkin shit about a car they own. ITS A ******* CAR!!! no big deal.

thats just my .02

Waver
08-29-2006, 11:18 PM
i dont get why everyone got sooo upset about that list??? they are just cars, get you from point a to point b...

imo, there are a lot more douchebag cobalt ss/sc owners than srt4 owners...well the ones ive met

some of the cobalt ss/sc owners sit there and say they can beat my old srt4 w/ just a pulley upgrade and exhaust?? come the **** on ppl..

then there was one w/ the gm stg 2 upgrade, exhaust and a few other things and he's sayin he could womp on vipers..

but that is my opinion..

i just liked the fact that when i beat cars, i tell them they just got beat by a NEON!!! ha!!! that was the only fun part...

i liked my srt4, it had its ups and downs...the fact that the ****** car came w/ roll down windows in the back, GHEY! a semi truck shifter...

i miss my srt4 a lot..dont get me wrong.

everyone is entilted to their opions. i just dont get why some ppl get so upset and all pissy about someone talkin shit about a car they own. ITS A ******* CAR!!! no big deal.

thats just my .02

You know what, I agree with you..it is just a car and a thread that was suposed to be funny became a v8 vs 4 cyl debate....so +1 to you

Now stock, how is it that you are compairing base models of cars, that are american icons now, from the 50's/60's to top of the line 4 cyl models of today? you cant do it...times have changed, it is an apples to oranges compairison. And to say that if they had the technology to put a 4 cyl turbo in a car they would is just silly too, because if you did a little more research Superchargers have been around since at least the 30's, and turbos have been around since the late 60's maybe even longer...What they didnt have was the means to make them efficient like they are to day, so they opted to make the base models 6 cyls in most cases.

Now seriously, you cant really do a compairison between cars of the 60's to cars from now....especially base ones to the top of the line cars.....it is bs.

oh yeah in before the lock:locked:

stock?
08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
You know what, I agree with you..it is just a car and a thread that was suposed to be funny became a v8 vs 4 cyl debate....so +1 to you

Now stock, how is it that you are compairing base models of cars, that are american icons now, from the 50's/60's to top of the line 4 cyl models of today? you cant do it...times have changed, it is an apples to oranges compairison. And to say that if they had the technology to put a 4 cyl turbo in a car they would is just silly too, because if you did a little more research Superchargers have been around since at least the 30's, and turbos have been around since the late 60's maybe even longer...What they didnt have was the means to make them efficient like they are to day, so they opted to make the base models 6 cyls in most cases.

Now seriously, you cant really do a compairison between cars of the 60's to cars from now....especially base ones to the top of the line cars.....it is bs.

oh yeah in before the lock:locked:

i will type slow so you can understand.
the comparison was that these "american icons" were offered as s#it econo cars as well. as they were developed further they became the stuff of legends. now days they dont need to put a big block in something to make it fast, the same can be done with a turbo 4 or supercharged 6. yes super/turbo chargers have been around for a longtime this i know. just because tech. is around does not mean that people use it. how long did it take buick to put a turbo on there car? pontiac to supercharge theres?.
i was just trying to point out that just cause it's not a v8 "muscle car" doesn't mean it's junk.
i know alot more about "muscle cars" than about turbo cars i think thats why i can appreciate both sides. i just dont like it when one person calls the others crap. thats just an ignorant statement. i would take a syclone just as quickly as i would take a zl1 vette. thats just me

Rocket Power
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
The first muscle cars were economy cars with high horse power engines stuffed in them. I am sure if the technology existed back then to put a lite weight turbo 4cyl in the car it would have been done.

62-3 Olds Jetfire's had turbo aluminum 215 V8's.

stock?
08-30-2006, 11:26 AM
i could not help to look at you profile nuewave.
lets see you have a 88 mustang gt "the stuff of legends" that does 15.1
my "pos" srt4 goes 13.8 ?????.
just thought that was interesting
and if you look back i didnt compare my car to any of those. just pointing out some facts.

turbo corvair from yenko
and i believe the flying community has been using superchargers for a long time

RanJer
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
As far as I see it was just a silly list someone made up that somehow got twisted into this rediculous conversation. The list itself should be taken no differently than the acronym stuff (Found On Road Dead,etc).

stock? - did you not notice neuwave's sig? when did he say his car was faster than yours.... when did he say that he cared?

68RR440
08-30-2006, 11:39 AM
1954 corvette- inline 6 150 bhp
1962 chevy nova- inline 4 or 6 90&120 bhp
1967 chevy camaro- inline 6 140 bhp
1965 buick skylark- v6 155bhp
1975 buick regal- v6 110 bhp
1965 ford mustang inline 6- 101 bhp
1967 firebird inline 6- 165 bhp

Those are muscle cars? Looks like a bunch of sports & pony cars to me.

The first real "muscle car"...

The Chrysler 300 "Letter Car" debuted in 1955 and firmly established Chrysler as the king of performance. Positioned as an expensive and fast luxury coupe, the C-300 ("C" stood for coupe, "300" stood for the 300 bhp engine) was only available as a hardtop coupe and came only in three colors: black, red, and white. Standard power was MOPAR's top engine, a 331 cid Hemi V8 with two four barrel carbs, a full-race cam, solid lifters, special manifolds, fat dual exhausts, and 300 bhp. The Hemi engine derived its name from its hemispherical combustion chambers. These chambers required a pair of rocker arm shafts on each cylinder head, with the spark plugs fitting between the valves.
The C-300 also featured a performance modified PowerFlite automatic transmission and special Blue Streak racing tires. To further enhance its high speed image, the C-300 came without an outside rearview mirror. The C-300 quickly became a legend when it did 127.58 mph in the Flying Mile and averaged 92 mph in the Daytona Grand National stock race. Priced from $4,055 with a leather interior standard, the C-300 represented the top of the line Chrysler and only 1,725 were built. Only an exstimated 8% of those survive today.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/chrysler-300/images/chrysler-300-1955a.jpg

Others consider the GTO the first muscle car...

The Pontiac GTO is considered by many the first true muscle car. Whereas other manufacturers were concentrating on their fullsize lines, Pontiac saw the potential for dropping a big block engine into an intermediate frame and marketing it at a budget price. Pontiac sneaked past the GM restriction on this combination by making the GTO an option on the Tempest model, creating the hottest performance machine yet. The GTO sold in great numbers and would fuel the competition between GM, Ford, and Chrysler that would keep the muscle car industry thriving for years to come. The GTO would later evolve into the Judge, an extroverted option package of the blotted GTO, and would continue the tradition until the GTO died an embarrasing death in 1974.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/pontiac-gto/images/pontiac-gto-1964b.jpg

Your list is bullshit, a 75 Buick Regal? Where the hell did you pull that one out of? :alcoholic

stock?
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
As far as I see it was just a silly list someone made up that somehow got twisted into this rediculous conversation. The list itself should be taken no differently than the acronym stuff (Found On Road Dead,etc).

stock? - did you not notice neuwave's sig? when did he say his car was faster than yours.... when did he say that he cared?

he has never said he was faster i didnt mean to imply that i just thought it was interesting thats all. dont think that i dont like car either i definetly like all fox body car specialy considering i used to own a capri 5.0 myself (yes i know its a merc).

cant we all just get along so what if your opinion is different than mine. i will give everybody props for having such strong conviction thou.

68rr nice! +1 to you sir

stock?
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Those are muscle cars? Looks like a bunch of sports & pony cars to me.

The first real "muscle car"...

The Chrysler 300 "Letter Car" debuted in 1955 and firmly established Chrysler as the king of performance. Positioned as an expensive and fast luxury coupe, the C-300 ("C" stood for coupe, "300" stood for the 300 bhp engine) was only available as a hardtop coupe and came only in three colors: black, red, and white. Standard power was MOPAR's top engine, a 331 cid Hemi V8 with two four barrel carbs, a full-race cam, solid lifters, special manifolds, fat dual exhausts, and 300 bhp. The Hemi engine derived its name from its hemispherical combustion chambers. These chambers required a pair of rocker arm shafts on each cylinder head, with the spark plugs fitting between the valves.
The C-300 also featured a performance modified PowerFlite automatic transmission and special Blue Streak racing tires. To further enhance its high speed image, the C-300 came without an outside rearview mirror. The C-300 quickly became a legend when it did 127.58 mph in the Flying Mile and averaged 92 mph in the Daytona Grand National stock race. Priced from $4,055 with a leather interior standard, the C-300 represented the top of the line Chrysler and only 1,725 were built. Only an exstimated 8% of those survive today.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/chrysler-300/images/chrysler-300-1955a.jpg

Others consider the GTO the first muscle car...

The Pontiac GTO is considered by many the first true muscle car. Whereas other manufacturers were concentrating on their fullsize lines, Pontiac saw the potential for dropping a big block engine into an intermediate frame and marketing it at a budget price. Pontiac sneaked past the GM restriction on this combination by making the GTO an option on the Tempest model, creating the hottest performance machine yet. The GTO sold in great numbers and would fuel the competition between GM, Ford, and Chrysler that would keep the muscle car industry thriving for years to come. The GTO would later evolve into the Judge, an extroverted option package of the blotted GTO, and would continue the tradition until the GTO died an embarrasing death in 1974.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/pontiac-gto/images/pontiac-gto-1964b.jpg

Your list is bullshit, a 75 Buick Regal? Where the hell did you pull that one out of? :alcoholic

encyclopedia of american cars by publications international ltd published in 1996
be happy to show it to you it list prodution # engine sizes and hp ratings. also has alot of onfo on the cars themselves and pictures. you should get one

68RR440
08-30-2006, 12:10 PM
encyclopedia of american cars by publications international ltd published in 1996
be happy to show it to you it list prodution # engine sizes and hp ratings. also has alot of onfo on the cars themselves and pictures. you should get one
I got this book in 1987, I look at it at least 3 or 4 times a week, its my "bible", missing cover and all. :D

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/coolcarsstuff/66509892.jpg

juicedimpss
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
now that is funny shit
+10000000000000000000 :thumbsup

stock?
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I got this book in 1987, I look at it at least 3 or 4 times a week, its my "bible", missing cover and all. :D

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/coolcarsstuff/66509892.jpg

thats fvcking awesome!. mine has duct tape on it to keep the cover on, oil stain etc.

stock?
08-30-2006, 12:20 PM
hey 69rr how many pages in that thing mine only has 896 with a section in the back for cars that only had limited production as well, unfortunatly no info on cars from nickey,baldwin motion, yenko etc but i guess you cant have it all

68RR440
08-30-2006, 12:29 PM
hey 69rr how many pages in that thing mine only has 896 with a section in the back for cars that only had limited production as well, unfortunatly no info on cars from nickey,baldwin motion, yenko etc but i guess you cant have it all
Its 68 :D , mine has 800 pages, the back has all Concept cars from the era, all postwar Indy 500 Pace Car pictures, along with all Indy 500 winners, NASCAR record holders, etc...

stock?
08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Its 68 :D , mine has 800 pages, the back has all Concept cars from the era, all postwar Indy 500 Pace Car pictures, along with all Indy 500 winners, NASCAR record holders, etc...

sorry i meant 68rr.
who is the publisher i would maybe like to get a reprint of it for the library, besides even the bible had a new testament

68RR440
08-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Krause Publications
Iola WI, 54990

stock?
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
thanks alot i will let you know how much it cost incase you want a new one

RanJer
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
anyone up for a group buy??

http://www.collect.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Krause&category%5Fname=Old+Cars+Bookstore&product%5Fid=AC04R
http://www.collect.com/images/covers/books/120w/ac04r.jpg

stock?
08-30-2006, 01:09 PM
i just talked to them and they have the book but now it is 996 pages it is 34.95 and you can order it on line. they also have a book from 1976-1999 or later.
+1 whatever i have ever said bad about you i was obviously a complete #@!#@@!

stock?
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
anyone up for a group buy??

http://www.collect.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Krause&category%5Fname=Old+Cars+Bookstore&product%5Fid=AC04R
http://www.collect.com/images/covers/books/120w/ac04r.jpg
count me in that book looks sweet

stock?
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
count me in that book looks sweet
i got negative feed back because i want this book aint that some sh!t. some peoples children:flipoff2:

Waver
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
and if you look back i didnt compare my car to any of those. just pointing out some facts.

turbo corvair from yenko
and i believe the flying community has been using superchargers for a long time

Actually reread that....It is true that I have an 88 mustang gt....when it was bone stock it ran a 15.01, not a 15.1...and that was with a shitty 60' of 2.4, on crap ass cooper cobras, and a shitty gear ratio of 2.73. Besides that, it was only my 2nd time to the track with that car. I need more seat time......and my car is not stock any more....run me and find out just how slow it is (low 14.5 maybe...little faster if i ever get my f'in gears in)...:devil

now going back to your first point....You have some of your numbers a little ****ed up....for instance, when the mustang first came out you could also get it with a 289 v8....besides I never said you neon was a pos, I just said that your compairison of an srt4 or a cobalt ss to the base models of those cars was the equivalant of compairing the srt4 to a 90 cavalier with the 2.2....not even in the same class...you didnt need to defend your self there buddy, so relax.

oh and ford put a sc on a limited number of t-birds in the 50's and i think they were on duesenbergs in the 30's

juicedimpss
08-31-2006, 08:58 AM

owned:rolf
+1 for stock?

Waver
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM
owned:rolf
+1 for stock?

I wouldnt go that far as to saying I was owned....I know my car is slow. That just proves it.

Myles
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM

bwahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahah ahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahah

srt4eh
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
bash away - but I love my srt4......I don't care if no one else likes it...you don't have to - IT'S MY CAR! lol

juicedimpss
08-31-2006, 03:50 PM
I wouldnt go that far as to saying I was owned....I know my car is slow. That just proves it.
you still got violated by a turd.
quit while you are ahead.

srt4eh
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM

come on.......no neon had power windows in the back. The windows only go down 6 inches anyways.....whats the point? the shifter - yes.....it was bad. Thats why I got the Maddog Shifter....an inch shorter and 58% reduction in throw....can't beat it.:thumbsup

BTW - I'm proud to be #1:headbang

stock?
08-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Actually reread that....It is true that I have an 88 mustang gt....when it was bone stock it ran a 15.01, not a 15.1...and that was with a shitty 60' of 2.4, on crap ass cooper cobras, and a shitty gear ratio of 2.73. Besides that, it was only my 2nd time to the track with that car. I need more seat time......and my car is not stock any more....run me and find out just how slow it is (low 14.5 maybe...little faster if i ever get my f'in gears in)...:devil

now going back to your first point....You have some of your numbers a little ****ed up....for instance, when the mustang first came out you could also get it with a 289 v8....besides I never said you neon was a pos, I just said that your compairison of an srt4 or a cobalt ss to the base models of those cars was the equivalant of compairing the srt4 to a 90 cavalier with the 2.2....not even in the same class...you didnt need to defend your self there buddy, so relax.

oh and ford put a sc on a limited number of t-birds in the 50's and i think they were on duesenbergs in the 30's

no i had the info i just wanted to point out that they were offered with weak ass motors that made them crap.
its funny you mentioned the t bird me and my brother were talking about that along with the twin supercharged cobra that bill cosby used to own but he sold it cause it scared the hell out of him.
i dont know about that i know a few old old american cars did come with superchargers and the 1919 duedenbergs with a 16 cyl set a new land speed record at 158mph!!! and thats back in 1919 and it was done on sand to boot!

R.....E.....L.....A.....X.....E.....D...... aaahhhh

stock?
08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
How did we get so far from the original intent of this thread? I posted this for humor, not to start a Skittle vs Goat war. The title was about douchebag cars, but what the original author was really alluding to was the driver personalities, not the actual cars themselves.

SRT4's are a good bang for the buck, no doubt, but you have to give the GTO it's due, as well. I looked at an SRT4 a while back but I decided if I wanted to make a car payment, I wanted something RWD and nicer than an econo-box with a hot motor. Then I considered the GTO. Nice car, but the styling didn't quite do it for me. So my choice was narrowed down to either an '03/'04 Cobra or the '05 and up Mustang GT. I like both cars, but the new 'Stang is big, and while I like it's styling a lot, I prefer the styling of the Cobra. Not to mention the ease of making BIG power on a factory forced induction engine with just a few mods. You wanna talk about bang for the buck? The Cobra's got it all over an SRT4...and like the GTO, it's a much nicer car inside. Resale on Cobras has always been a little better than average, as well.

40 something huh is that why you follow me around to give me bad rep
for my opinion and if you look i gave you some, it was positive but it will show as gray since i dont give neg for someones opinion
did you buy your car at gordy b's?.
oh ill see you at the fin!

HITMAN
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
oh ill see you at the fin!

Bring cash

stock?
08-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Bring cash

thats not what i was thinking. see ya