PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Craigs List

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 10:34 AM
So, I listed the Prizm on Craigs List for the hell of it, my thought is that if I don't get the $1800 I'm asking for it, I'll keep it, drive it through winter, and sell it in spring...

I listed it like 5 days ago, got a few hits on it, nothing serious, so no skin off my back, but this morning, I got this one, and I just found it hilarious...

"hello im interested in your vehicle. i really could use a car for college. My mom
lives on a fixed income and my student loans are killing me . Would you take 750
dollars for it"

My E-Mail Back

"I'm sorry to hear that, maybe you should look at cars in your price range. $750 is far from an acceptable offer on this vehicle. The Vehicle's Gray Book (Wholesale) value is over $1400. Worst comes to worst, take the bus, or buy a bicycle. Me and a few guys were just talking about how nice of a bike you can get for $750. I'm not trying to insult you, but I feel insulted that you feel my vehicle, of which is in great mechanical condition only having slight body damage, is only worth $750. I know I couldn't replace it for that price with a similarly maintained vehicle in similar condition, therefore I wouldn't sell it for that price either.

I've had offers of over $1200 on this vehicle that I've passed on so don't feel as if I'm singling you out. At that sale price, I'd mightas well drive it through winter, and sell it in spring, seeing that I know it won't depreciate any further unless some catastrophy happens such as an accident or serious mechanical faliure.

Have a Great Day,
Joe"

Am I a bit of a prick, yes, but that's such a lowball offer, at least in my book and from offers I've received on the car, that I won't even think about taking it. :rolf

subliminal1284
08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Last week I got a reply for my car on there from a guy who wanted to trade me a 79 Firebird formula that didnt run and needed a driveshaft. My Reply...... "No". Why the hell would he even think someone would trade him a car that is running for a car in worse shape that isnt running. Idiots

juicedimpss
08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
thats an awesome reply,i dont know how you were able to be nice about it.

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 10:44 AM
And I thought I was being a ****... :rolf Looking at it, I could of been alot worse...

d0nut
08-24-2006, 10:57 AM
As long as the idiots stay local you can at least go punch them in the throat. It makes it more tolerable.

I had a Grand Am on there a bit ago and was getting calls from every camel jockey in Milwaukee. I love yelling "LEARN ENGLISH M0THER FVCKER" and hanging up.

From what I gather I will be getting a corner office in hell........

And I thought I was being a ****... :rolf Looking at it, I could of been alot worse...

Crawlin
08-24-2006, 11:18 AM
come on Joe...

we got worse for cars that are on the dealership lot. TONS of stupid people.

now thank god i don't have to do that anymore :) no more internet for me :)

68RR440
08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I got the same $750 offer for my $1500 Bonneville. :rolf
You can't knock someone for trying to get a deal, but 1/2 my asking price? :rolleyes:

68RR440
08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Last week I got a reply for my car on there from a guy who wanted to trade me a 79 Firebird formula that didnt run and needed a driveshaft. My Reply...... "No". Why the hell would he even think someone would trade him a car that is running for a car in worse shape that isnt running. Idiots

If the body is half way straight on the 79, you should have traded, getting it running would be cheaper than doing all the bodywork your car needs, you'd be far ahead in the long run, and you'd have a cooler car. Just my opinion... :haveabeer

hrsp
08-24-2006, 11:27 AM
lol..thats funny...

but really sometimes people just want to see "if" they can get it for a certain price.. i've "lowballed" a few people in my days just to see if i could get a better deal...no harm in it:)...but it is annoying to get alot of people lowballing you on a car...

for all he knows he "might" be able to get your car for 750...
he'll prolly be asking that question about taking 750 to ALOT of people...
prolly wont get a descent car for it but hey...he can have my toyaota for that much....hmmmm whats his email address :)

USMARINE1108
08-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Well, you can't blame the guy for trying. If you don't try, you won't get a good deal every once in a while. It's just funny that he tried to throw the pitty card in there, too. Who knows, maybe he has $2k in cash, and was going to use the rest of it for a wing and fart can!

hrsp
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, you can't blame the guy for trying. If you don't try, you won't get a good deal every once in a while. It's just funny that he tried to throw the pitty card in there, too. Who knows, maybe he has $2k in cash, and was going to use the rest of it for a wing and fart can!

yeah i love when people tell me there life story...:durr

wikked
08-24-2006, 11:48 AM
When I was looking for a Spyder, I wasn't finding much, everyone wanted way too much just because it's convertable season... so I was purposely offering crazy amounts, and one of them bit, for $2k lower than he wanted :D
The rest is history <points to sig>

88Nightmare
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
yeah whats his email, he can have my s10 for 750 bucks

BadAzzGTA89
08-24-2006, 11:55 AM
If i was the kid i would have save at least a grand then shot that at you!

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
The only reason I even responded like that was 'cause he pulled the pitty card. If he would of just said "I'll give you $750 'cause that's all I got" I'd of just ignored the e-mail.

But I hate it when people try to pull the pitty card to get a better deal...

And I lowball people all the time on stuff, so I don't care about that part...

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 12:14 PM
come on Joe...

we got worse for cars that are on the dealership lot. TONS of stupid people.

now thank god i don't have to do that anymore :) no more internet for me :)

And yes, I know... You know... People making $7500 offers on '05 VW Jettas with 10k miles... :rolf :rolf I had one of those... I just wanted to e-mail 'em back and ask if the crack was good. :rolf

hrsp
08-24-2006, 12:14 PM
And I lowball people all the time on stuff, so I don't care about that part...[/QUOTE]

lol..all the time huh :rolf

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 12:16 PM
:rolf Well, I'm always tryin to get a good deal... :thumbsup

And yes, I've gotten a few pissed off responces from people I lowballed on stuff...

And can I buy 3 kids and get a free gift?? :durr :rolf

hrsp
08-24-2006, 12:19 PM
sh!t i gotta change my sig...no longer in business..thanks to the Yoo BBB..he shut me down because of "suspicious product line":rolf

subliminal1284
08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
If the body is half way straight on the 79, you should have traded, getting it running would be cheaper than doing all the bodywork your car needs, you'd be far ahead in the long run, and you'd have a cooler car. Just my opinion... :haveabeer

It actually doesnt need a whole lot, Ive decided to just keep it. Its only gonna cost me 1k to fix where it was hit and the rest of the body work it needs is very minor small dings and such. So this winter Im getting the body work done and new paint will be my project.

88Nightmare
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
And yes, I know... You know... People making $7500 offers on '05 VW Jettas with 10k miles... :rolf :rolf I had one of those... I just wanted to e-mail 'em back and ask if the crack was good. :rolf

mmm peanut butter and crackrocks! :banana1:

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 12:54 PM
sh!t i gotta change my sig...no longer in business..thanks to the Yoo BBB..he shut me down because of "suspicious product line":rolf

:rolf Wonder why... Wait a second that's false advertisement having that in your sig... Where's the Yoo BBB again?? :stare :rolf

mmm peanut butter and crackrocks! :banana1:

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Lateset Correspondance on the car:

E-Mail #1:
I am interested in your car. From the damage I see it looks like you hit
a small child, if this is true I am not interested. If I wanted to slide
gracefully across the hood would the damage on the car hinder my
performance possibly causing me bodily harm? The cd player bothers me
too, I see it is a motorized face, is that a womans face or a mans face
and what is the aproxamite age of the face? How much horse power does
it take to power the mirrors and the windows? Do the mirrors flap in and
out with the power too like the cars in the rap videos? That would be
nice. If not can you make it do that before I come look at the car.
Thanks for the help. I can't wait to see the car.

Responce:
No children were harmed in the damaging of this vehicle, actually it was another car that was hit to the best of my knowledge. The damage was on the vehicle when I purchased it. If you slide across the hood you should be able to do that gracefully without bodily harm, unless you're stupid. The motorized face is neither that of a man or a woman, it's a LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) of approximately 2 years of age. I'm guessing it takes less than 1hp to power the mirrors and windows. And the mirrors on this motor vehicle do not flap in and out with power, but at an additional charge, I can hindge them so they flap when you stop and go! When would you like to come and look at this beauty??

E-Mail #2

hello,
i am interested in your car. I am on a fixed income. would you take 500 dollars for it?

Responce to E-Mail #2:

Yes, I will take 5 easy weekly payments of $500 for this car. You can pay by cash, cash or cash. And if at any point you miss a payment the car will be reposessed within 2 hours of missed payment. If the vehicle is not found, we will find the vehicle one way or another.

Best bet here is to find a car in your price range, I really don't care about your fixed income, since technically everyone is on a fixed income of one sort or another. This vehicle is worth a great deal more than $500. I know I couldn't replace it with a vehicle remotely as reliable for $500, and I've passed on offers upwards of $1200. Can you even buy a car that runs for $500?? My thought is that you should invest in a bicycle or a bus pass. I'm sure that you can get one of those two for $500 or less, then you can have some extra money around. Just think about it, you won't be spending all that extra money in maintinence or gas.

Yooformula
08-24-2006, 07:30 PM
damm Joe! And here I thought I was being a **** by ignoring those idiot emails. I got 2 lowballing me for my Geo and the one was a pity routine also. I sold mine in 2 days, so it was worth it for me.

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm on the fence whether I should sell it or not, I have a guy that'd buy it... But that leaves me w/o a winter driver. The other car I was going to buy fell through...

pOrk
08-24-2006, 07:53 PM
I have my bike listed on there for 600, and I have had THREE offers for 100 bucks

I dont even bother responding

UnderPSI
08-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Ha! I was e-mail #1.

I was really bored at work, thought you would find it humorous. :durr

Reverend Cooper
08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks that was my best friends sister asshole!!!!

Slow Joe
08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Ha! I was e-mail #1.

I was really bored at work, thought you would find it humorous. :durr

:rolf I figured it was someone from here... That one was good. I knew that the person there couldn't be serious...

Which one?? :stare :rolf

68RR440
08-24-2006, 08:58 PM
pics?

Reverend Cooper
08-24-2006, 09:18 PM
lol her name is joe. joe do not sell the rizzide

88Nightmare
08-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I was email number 2. not as funny as number one though :(

formul8
08-25-2006, 08:50 AM
"Sure, I'll take $750 for it....as a down payment"

Now you know what it is like be a car sales person.

One thing I learned while selling cars....NEVER let anyones offer insult you. Just use it as a starting point to drive the price up.

Don't like my price? Then go find another car. Someone will buy it eventually.

Slow Joe
08-25-2006, 08:51 AM
"Sure, I'll take $750 for it....as a down payment"

Now you know what it is like be a car sales person.

One thing I learned while selling cars....NEVER let anyones offer insult you. Just use it as a starting point to drive the price up.

Don't like my price? Then go find another car. Someone will buy it eventually.

I've been in the car business for the past two years... I know what it's like... :rolf :rolf

UnderPSI
08-25-2006, 08:52 AM
you beat me to it

Slow Joe
08-25-2006, 08:53 AM
lol her name is joe. joe do not sell the rizzide

And I've decided to keep the rizzide... Especially after the Pimptrepid vs Shizm race last night... Look out Dave I'm gunna get some SWEET MODZ and come back for another peice... :goof :rolf

Slow Joe
08-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I just hate havint to haggle like that with my own car after having to do the same thing at work... I see internet inquiries on cars all day long that the customers are offering half the "internet sale" price of the car, which is thousands below cost.

Trust me, I'm use to getting lowballed, but my look at it on this car was "ok, if you don't wanna pay what I wanna sell it for, I'm not gunna sell it". I really don't NEED to sell it, I was just looking at another car and thought that maybe I'd just sell it and buy that.