PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee; America's Drunkest City

Goat Roper
08-24-2006, 06:48 AM
We might not make the World Series, but we will be too drunk to care.

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/2006/08/22/nightlife-cities-drunk_cx_de_nightlife06_0822intro.html

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=487336

77thor
08-24-2006, 06:50 AM
I saw that...

alright, we're number 1

Karps TA
08-24-2006, 07:27 AM
That's cause theres nothing to do here except do things that are wrapped around drinking.

Cleveland Dave
08-24-2006, 08:00 AM
summerfest helps contribute

d0nut
08-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Once again I question the logic of articles in magazines like this. Forbes is a financial publication, not the American Medical Journal or even Time. It's bad enough that they do articles on cars and make stupid lists. Now they do a very biased article that will make companies think twice about the workforce in Milwaukee resulting in jobs going elsewhere.

The fact that they consider LV to be a city with moderate drinking is just retarded. Asking the locals does not disprove the fact that the tourists are there drinking. I'm sure if they gave random drunk testing LV would be far more geeked than Milwaukee!

Feature Pony
08-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Once again I question the logic of articles in magazines like this. Forbes is a financial publication, not the American Medical Journal or even Time. It's bad enough that they do articles on cars and make stupid lists. Now they do a very biased article that will make companies think twice about the workforce in Milwaukee resulting in jobs going elsewhere.

The fact that they consider LV to be a city with moderate drinking is just retarded. Asking the locals does not disprove the fact that the tourists are there drinking. I'm sure if they gave random drunk testing LV would be far more geeked than Milwaukee!

Yeah no kidding in LV you can walk down the street with a six pack and chugging beer, don't ask me how I know I've walked up and down the strip pretty hammered, in fact the last time I went my buddy and I had a case and we walked up the strip and we were to drunk to walk back so we had to ride the bus and we barley got on the bus the driver was giving us crap..

Goat Roper
08-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I am sure this is per capita boys, LV has alot more people. And drunk tourists don't count, they are speaking of locals.

d0nut
08-24-2006, 09:27 AM
LV has a few less people than the Milw Metro area but they aren't counting the number of tourists in that. I would say LV has 1.5x the official population that is listed. The hotels are at at least 60% capicity at all times.

It's just about impossible to compare a tourism based town to a buisness based town.

http://www.demographia.com/db-usmet2000.htm

I am sure this is per capita boys, LV has alot more people. And drunk tourists don't count, they are speaking of locals.

juicedimpss
08-24-2006, 09:31 AM
We might not make the World Series, but we will be too drunk to care.

ill drink to that :alcoholic

hrsp
08-24-2006, 09:35 AM
wooot WE WIN!!!

ThatWhiteCivic
08-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Of course all we do is drink, and I say hell what not.

BadAzzGTA89
08-24-2006, 11:59 AM
It's a shame that were all alkaholics:alcoholic
And madison is no longer the #1 party school?Somethings wrong here:confused

RanJer
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
So who wants to get together and celebrate...:alcoholic :haveabeer :rolf

ProjectCamaro
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, there's something to be proud of. I guess that explains all the beer bellys.

2kgtp
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I definately contribute to those numbers. Time to have a drink!:alcoholic

turbogarrett
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
:alcoholic :banana

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they
wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're
going to feel all day. "
~Frank Sinatra