PDA

View Full Version : Anything new going on?

PB86MCSS
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Since this forum has been kind of dead. Has anyone done anything new to their cars? Anything in the near future?

I attempted to get the A/C hooked up and working in my LS without success. The compressor works at least when hot-wired but there is a leak plus my wiring needs some work. Add to that my vents aren’t working properly :durr ….other than that finally got aluminum drums on the rear and am trying to figure out my TPS voltage issues.

My SS I’ve pretty much just driven as much as I can, nothing done to it this year which is the first time since I’ve had it, but the plan is to replace the cat-back exhaust by fall with something that flows a bit better and has some rumble to it, compared to the Dynomax :).

Rocket Power
08-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Not much here , just been stripping down the 86 so it can leave before I go get the 64 on Sept 2nd. Stupid ground cable and bolt hung up in the bellhousing bolt hole giving my floor a nice lube job when I was dropping the trans:goof

Next the BBO comes out, and I think I am selling the glass cowl hood off the 86 since it won't work on the wagon(wagon uses the 78-80 style). Then I have to get an axle under there, which I may steal from the GP parts car at work.

At least temporarily the 64 will have 86 442 interior ( seat and console) since I am getting it without seats and such. I remember seeing a 64 Skylark with GN interior and turbo V6 locally a few years ago so I think it'll fit.

Been driving the wagon when a/c is more important than gas mileage:goof

We'll see if the 64 is as good as the pics I may just throw in the 455 and cruise for a bit before winter.

Sleeper Sierra
08-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I finally got my cutlass to the track last weekend It ran 11.1's with the front tires off the ground. Surprisingly I didn't break anything this time.

84hurst
08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
hmmm, its been seven weeks since I drove the Olds and now it wont start. Cranks and cranks but don't fire. I assume its and ignition problem but haven't looked into it yet. Thats about it. :thumbsup

Rocket Power
08-29-2006, 04:04 PM
The 455 is out of the 86 and on a stand:rolf
That's about it so far this week. Late thursday or early friday morning we leave for CO to get the 64:headbang