PDA

View Full Version : people don't know how 2 drive

titan dohc v8
08-19-2006, 02:05 AM
i was up at culvers from when i got off work at 9 to about midnightish, stoped at speedway for cigs, didnt have my camel wides i like, so i headed home when this moron in a eclipse got on my a$$ in front of oscars. i couldent even see his headlights or even the hood. i was goin bout 45 untill ge got behind me then i started slowing down to piss him off. but i said fuc* it and let him pass. but i got up next to him and flipped him off :flipoff2: because i dont like having my car or myself put in danger by some moron that want to pass people by getting on my a$$:fire :fire . after i flipped him off i hit it and took off, then he hit it and cought up to me at the light on national. we exchanged words and i told him i dont like having people driving on my a$$, he said i was going slow, yea after i saw him flying up behind me. and i swear he told me to drive like a man right before i took off. yea... to drive like a man you need to drive responsibly, not putting yourself and others in danger, not like A FUC*ING A$$ HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with people like that no wonder highway is too risky to hang out on

fireguyrick
08-19-2006, 02:18 AM
I understand what you are saying, but you were no more responsible by intentionally slowing down. That is the kind of thing that leads to road rage on the other driver's part. Not trying to put you down, as I totally understand what you are saying, but just telling you to be aware that what you did could be looked at as irresponsible.

Rick

titan dohc v8
08-19-2006, 02:33 AM
i didnt do anything to provoke him to fly up on my a$$, just cruzin 45 til he came around, i slowed down so he would get the picture that i dont like having people that close to me.
i do understand that it causes road rage on his part, but he tried squezing between me in the middle lane and someone else in the right lane, and flipping him the bird wasnt the best way to solve the problem but i like my car, just like everyone does, or most people. yea is not a ferrari or a porsch to others but it is to me, its my car, and i want to keep it good shape, and people that do stuff like that ticks me off. shows they have no respect to others and their cars.

fireguyrick
08-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Hey no problem man, it was just how I read your OP. To me it sounded like this:

Dude in the Eclipse gets behind you and tailgates. You think, what a douch, I'll show him, and then slow down so he cannot get around at all. (Which, thinking about it HWY 100 is more then one lane so that makes no sense on my part).

After you just clarified abit it makes more sense.

Rick

Waver
08-19-2006, 03:17 AM
hey man, I agree with what you said...Fact of the matter is that is why I dont like even going up to highway during cruising hours, because my car means more to me than them getting to their destination faster...I could give too shits if someone thinks that I am going slow. they can kiss my ass. For what you did and for the most part, you being mature about the situation and not trying to race, chase, or what ever the little punk, you deserve a +1 rating

Yooformula
08-19-2006, 07:26 AM
I hate to say it but I would have done the exact same thing. I have been known to get out of my car on a few occasions as well to help further my point.

68RR440
08-19-2006, 07:29 AM
I hate to say it but I would have done the exact same thing. I have been known to get out of my car on a few occasions as well to help further my point.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/parts53186/7e788bf4.gif

nismodave
08-19-2006, 07:45 AM
http://www.dot.state.ia.us/images/rr2.gif

68RR440
08-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Heres Yoo, "furthering his point"....:rolf

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5164764,00.jpg

PureSound15
08-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I had a similar situation last night. The lady and I were on the way back from car shopping, heading west on beloit with a cobalt so close to my bumper I could almost read the VIN#. I tapped my brakes a few times (maybe a little more than a tap... ) but it didn't scare him off. Then at Sunnyslope an Beloit when I started to turn left he came from behind me and cut me off from the inside fishtailing and almost wrecking his cobalt LS.

He flew away from me (I'm sure so I didn't catch his plate) and turned into the New Berlin fire dept. on sunnyslope "Awesome, a few of my buddies are fire fighters, I'll turn around and go back there" I said, figuring if this really was a fire fighter he was endangering more lives than he probably would have saved last night. Before I could get back to the firestation he had already pulled out and was headed towards me, we slowed down next to me and he said "sorry sir, volunteer firefighter, I got places to go"... after a minute or two of me telling him how wreckless he was I asked "So... you're kind of sh!ting your pants, hoping that I won't go up to the station, right?" From there he just took off.

I don't think he was a fire fighter :rolleyes:

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I know exactly what you mean man.

titan dohc v8
08-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I know exactly what you mean man.

dont worry i wanted other people to tell their stories.

i would have to agree, i dont think he is a firefighter either.

TwIzTiD Si
08-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Well put.. I do the same thing to those people, ill give them a brake check then if their still ridin my a$$, ill slow down very quickly without using my brakes. Then if they flip you off all you gotta do is smile and wave, that really pisses them off...

Lash
08-19-2006, 09:43 AM
'Brake check' is a wonderfull thing.

I was in my truck one time on the freeway doing about 75 when a guy gets right up on my ass. So I sped up to about 80 and he still sits about 2 feet off my bumper (literally...2 f'in feet...I could barely see his head in my rearview). There werent even any cars around us at the time. So I gave him a little check and watched him almost sheit his pants in my rearview. Needless to say....he stay WAAAAY back after that. :)
If I'm doing 15-20mph over the speedlimit and you think I'm still going too slow....go the **** AROUND!!!

People say that FIB's are the worst drivers......but after seeing the crap that goes on around here day after day we may need to re-think that opinion. ;)

88Nightmare
08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Personally, here is how I see it.

Driving a truck, that puts me quite a few inches higher then the majority of traffic. a car, for example, an eclipse, is much lower to the ground then a majority of cars. Being in my truck at night time, I gauge rear closeness by whether or not I can see their headlights above my tailgate in my rear view. If an eclipse's headlights cant be seen in my rear view mirror, then he must be pretty damn close. If he wants to be that close to someone at speeds over 40, then he must not give a damn about rear ending someone. This is where I would then stand happily on my brake pedal. Due to inertia and other scientific properties of objects in motion, my front end would point downwards and my back end would point upwards. same for his car reacting to my brake check. if he were to hit me, he would probably go right under me. he might cause damage to my truck, he might not, but im sure there will be a hell of a lot more damage to his car. Is this an irresponsible way to handle tailgaters? You betchya! On a 4 lane backtop like hwy 100, he can just pass. If he can't handle me doin 5 over the speed limit, then he can get bent. and thats my point of view :D

Cjburn
08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
I spend a good 4 hours a day driving a 22ft long box truck for work, and the shit people try to pull is amazing. They have absolutely NO idea what a truck that size would do to a car. Hell the ball at the end of my handle to my liftgate caused 2K worth of body damage to car, and it's not the hardest part of my truck. I love the people who speed in front of me, only to turn a block or so up. IF I weren't able to stop in time, they'd have their rear and front bumpers meeting for the first time. My girlfriend is from Illinois and she even says that people are more crazy here than Chicago, which is becoming more and more true every day.

wikked
08-19-2006, 10:03 AM
this moron in a eclipse

Wasn't me :D

Was it white, bodystyle like mine?
or was it silver, newer bodystyle?

Saw both of them driving like assbags.

titan dohc v8
08-19-2006, 10:16 AM
it was a silver newer body style eclipse, like the 2003 body style

88Nightmare
08-19-2006, 10:34 AM
I spend a good 4 hours a day driving a 22ft long box truck for work, and the shit people try to pull is amazing. They have absolutely NO idea what a truck that size would do to a car. Hell the ball at the end of my handle to my liftgate caused 2K worth of body damage to car, and it's not the hardest part of my truck. I love the people who speed in front of me, only to turn a block or so up. IF I weren't able to stop in time, they'd have their rear and front bumpers meeting for the first time. My girlfriend is from Illinois and she even says that people are more crazy here than Chicago, which is becoming more and more true every day.

for sure. try a tractor with a loaded 53ft trailer behind ya :thumbsup

turbogarrett
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Drive through the northside if you want to see some bad driving:fire . Some liberal douche will probably give me neg rep for being a racist or something:goof

No plates, no blinkers, no speed limit, no insurance, nobody gives a fawk.
We do a lot of work on the north shore, so I drive through it often and it is tough to restrain myself at times, but what are you gonna do? Getting cut off after a long day of work will make you want to go postal like Michael Douglass in "falling down"!

A friend of mine was driving home from work, his truck was sideswiped by some girl, other car took off down some street near 84th and silver spring, he followed. She drives up to her house a bunch of people come out of the house and beat the crap out of him, think frank jude's face. Some wrists were slapped by the police and that's about it.

CruxGNZ
08-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Well put.. I do the same thing to those people, ill give them a brake check then if their still ridin my a$$, ill slow down very quickly without using my brakes. Then if they flip you off all you gotta do is smile and wave, that really pisses them off...
That is the exact same thing I do! The smile and wave is great. The e-brake is your friend, because your brake lights do not turn on :D I wish I could get a picture of the peoples faces when they realize they are going to hit your bumper :rolf Not my fault that they are inattentive drivers. Shouldn't have been riding my ass in the first place.

titan dohc v8
08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
i had my fair share of driving insidents in milwaukee, a old blue truck that had the bed full of crap, the crap was twice as tall as the truck. he couldent stop or didnt want to stop for a red light, scared the living sh*t out of me!