PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear "seatbelts" 100% of the time?

DynoTom
08-15-2006, 11:49 PM
I was getting in my Crown Vic tonight to come home from work and I noticed the damn drivers seat belt was jammed up and would not let the belt out?

I ALWAYS wear seatbelts but, I could not get the seat belt to release the belt so I drove home with no belt on.....

Anyway, It felt very different to me driving without a belt on.....I'm not really talking about the saftey aspect of it as much as how different it felt not having the belt on?

I noticed I did not sit up as much without the belt as I do with it on.......I also noticed I slid on the seat more than normal even on normal turns.....

I got home and noticed the retractor had a dime stuck in the mechanism that was causing the belt jam, I pulled the dime out and the belt works fine again......

Do you guys wear seat belts 100% of the time you are in a car?

pOrk
08-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Sometimes

I always do at work, the caddy doesnt have belts so never in that car, and the pala sometimes I do sometimes I dont.

Flicktitty
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
If i drive i tend not to, but i have been doing it more as of late. but when ever i ride with someone i always have it on.

fireguyrick
08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I wear my seatbelt all the time, I have since I started driving. THough, seeing many of the car accidents that I have (without seatbelts) I doubt I will ever go without wearing one.

Rick

DynoTom
08-15-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm going to guess that most guys here wear seatbelts 100% of the time......I really want to see this poll pan out......

Hey Pork, do you feel pressure to wear a belt when you are riding in a car where the driver is using the belt?

Heat Seeker WS6
08-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Always...I always buckle up before starting the cars or work truck.

52isntbigenough
08-16-2006, 12:03 AM
100% of the time with belts.
100% of the time with my helmet when riding my bike.

The way I see it is that my choice not to wear belts (or a helmet) isn't really all mine to make...I have family and friends who I'd burden for the rest of thier lives if I got hurt or killed because I didn't do something so simple.

DynoTom
08-16-2006, 12:08 AM
I wear my seatbelt all the time, I have since I started driving. THough, seeing many of the car accidents that I have (without seatbelts) I doubt I will ever go without wearing one.

Rick

I think that for guys like us who started off right away using belts it's really "all we know" now......I really feel strange not having the belts on!

97z2801ss
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
voted some of the time

hrsp
08-16-2006, 12:50 AM
i actually never wore my seatbeat ( cause there uncomfy to me) until about 2 weeks ago and now i make it a point to remember to put it on and deal with it...better a bit uncomfy than dead....

Scales
08-16-2006, 02:25 AM
I always buckle up. Weird reason too... My parents both were in accidents where seatbelts saved their lives. I was in 2 accidents where I wasn't buckled in. The last one, I dislocated my jaw. I still to this day (it was 5 years ago) have problems! What actually made me start weraing it though was a busted seatbelt "dinger". I had to buckle up just to shut that damn dinger up!! Now I put it on out as soon as I get in the car, and I ask anyone in my car to do the same. I was stupid and lucky then! I don't wanna risk it again!!!

Rocket Power
08-16-2006, 03:37 AM
I always wear mine. It's weird if I just back my car out to park it on the road infront of my house without it I feel naked. ' course my job helps encourage me too:goof

DoubleAron
08-16-2006, 05:51 AM
I always wear one. It's funny the guys I work with will go through the effort to push the seat belt release button just so the alarm will stop going off because they will not wear them.:rolleyes:

77thor
08-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Yes I do..........

wikked
08-16-2006, 06:12 AM
I always do... traps the heat in on those really hot days though, whew.

ProjectCamaro
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
I always where mine, I really don't understand why you wouldn't.

Karps TA
08-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Rarely.

When I was like 8 years old I got into an accident with my mom, where a steel pipe went thru the windshield and impaled the seat when we got rear ended into a truck. Thankfully I wasn't wearing my seatbelt and I was knocked to the floor when we got rear ended. Had I been wearing my seatbelt I'd have been killed.

It's not that I don't think they are a good idea. They are. But I hate the fact that they are a law. I find it funny that if you were in an accident where wearing a seat belt was the reason you died, your family cannot sue the govt for making you wear one. However if you were in an accident where not wearing a seat belt saved your life, you'd be ticketed for not wearing it.

0TransAm0
08-16-2006, 08:39 AM
I always have my belt on its a must. even when im a passanger.

Waver
08-16-2006, 08:45 AM
I honestly wear my seat belt like 85% on city streets, 100% on highways...It is not so much lazyness, as it is how close I am to work

Copperhead
08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys. This is Copperhead's old man. I am really glad to hear that most of you wear your belts almost 100% of the time. Karps TA, don't forget that alot of life insurance cos. pay more if someone dies with a seatbelt on. But don't get me wrong I understand what you're saying. Quick story. Growing up Jay and I always had a "contest" of the last one to buckle up owed the other guy a buck. I always made sure he won. Well he had a 6 wheeler turn in front of him one day at a green light and folded his Barreta up like a piece of paper. They all had their belts on. The contest worked. One more thing. It's a visual ticket and that is stupid. Don't give your $$ to the man. Use it on your ride or your girl. Thanks for listening to an old geezer.

88Nightmare
08-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I never wear my seatbelt. its a bad habit I need to break. I know the chances I take not wearing one, but seeing this thread reminds me that I should.

Flight_740
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Guys, maybe this should be shut down. I don't want WAPD sending us all seat belt tickets.:rolf :rolf

DynoTom
08-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Guys, maybe this should be shut down. I don't want WAPD sending us all seat belt tickets.:rolf :rolf

I guess I should have worded this poll "if you bought a car that was too old to have "factory installed" seatbelts would you install seatbelts in it and use them, always,most of the time,some of the time or never?".......;) ;)

SLOWC5
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I wear my 100% of the time.

I had a 16 year old cousin killed back in 03' when the driver lost control of the car and flipped the car over a rail road track. My cousin didn't wear his seatbelt, and was thrown from the car. That was enough for me to wear one

JEFF

Big Boost
08-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy back in '88 I fell asleep at the wheel and ran into the back of a parked semi truck (sans trailer). If not for the seatbelt I would've been killed. I always wear it and make sure anyone riding with me does the same.

GRAMPS SS
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
i wear them most of the time while driving the taurus race wagon....just a habit...sometimes you feel like a nut....somtimes you don't.....

GRAMPS SS
08-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I guess I should have worded this poll "if you bought a car that was too old to have "factory installed" seatbelts would you install seatbelts in it and use them, always,most of the time,some of the time or never?".......;) ;)

now that would of been a good post...my buddy restored his 63 wedge car and no seat belts...and pounds the car...when i ride with him i get a uneasy feeling.........

GTSLOW
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
I dont think I've ever driven without a seat belt (since I started driving). Just a habbit I guess, doesnt feel right.

Rocket Power
08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes

I am going to put some in the back seats on my soon to be coming home 64 Cutlass if they haven't already been added. They came with front belts.

86GUTLASS
08-16-2006, 02:34 PM
I Always wear mine.It was hard to get used to putting it on all the time.

Reverend Cooper
08-16-2006, 02:45 PM
i almost got killed in 1995 just happened to have my seatbelt on and have worn it since always....

cool_kat
08-16-2006, 03:36 PM
when i'm driving i always wear mine. but when i'm the passenger not as much as i should.

Al
08-16-2006, 03:56 PM
...without it I feel naked...

I'll second that. I'd also categorize it with not wearing underpants; it just feels so wrong!

Lash
08-16-2006, 04:45 PM
100% of the time

Brian98GTP
08-16-2006, 04:58 PM
All the time... driver or passenger.

DoubleAron
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I know a clown that even wears a 5 point harness when riding in a car with slicks on in the rain.:3gears:

BOSS LX
08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I know a clown that even wears a 5 point harness when riding in a car with slicks on in the rain.:3gears:
Ya, you!:rolf

T-Bag
08-16-2006, 07:51 PM
100% of the time, I just doesn't feel comfortable without one

BadAzzGTA89
08-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I always do it's the law!

RyanM
08-17-2006, 12:50 AM
99% of the time, the only time I dont really is when I go down the road through a 25mph zone, but I should anyway.. you never know what can happen.

danwaite
08-17-2006, 12:56 AM
99.9% of the time I do now, every since my accident. I was almost killed because some biatch wanted to go through a stop sign and I hit her at 40, this was one block away from the gas station I just left 1 block away from my work. So I figured I dont need a belt. Well only thing that saved me was I got stuck under the steering wheel in a pos 89 Prelude I used to have, it saved my life. I hit the windshield hard but did not go through it. So I always wear mine, no matter where I am going, sometimes I will forgot but I will remember within a mile or so which you never know could be to late.

DBeck
08-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I always do when I drive, before I even pull out. But for some strange reason I tend to forget when I am in someone elses car. I usually remember after we have started driving.

srt4eh
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
i always wear my belt......keeps me in the seat better.....i'm a little skinny for the seat even though it has the huge bolsters...lol.

STKMACH
08-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I never did until I bought the Mach and the car will not stop making a dinging sound until I put the belt on.... Now it's just a habbit in any car I'm in..