PDA

View Full Version : What a way to go. :(

Neal Steffek
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=8/15/2006&id=10039

This just blows my mind that this really happened in real life. You would think watching Fargo would freak you out seeing it on TV, but knowing it REALLY happened in Milwaukee. Sick. :eek:

HITMAN
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
He gets my vote for the Darwin Award, 2006:thumbsup

What a fuking dumbass.:durr

Yooformula
08-15-2006, 10:11 PM
holy crap thats disgusting. A little bleach in the gene pool I guess....what kind of fuking moron tries to clear a chipper while its running.

SLOWC5
08-15-2006, 10:28 PM
holy crap thats disgusting. A little bleach in the gene pool I guess....what kind of fuking moron tries to clear a chipper while its running.

I was thinking the same thing. He Owned the tree trimming company. I guess every once and while you forget the obvious, some days it catches up...

Knyghtmare
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, he owned the company, must have been doing this kind of work all his life and done just that a thousands of times. Just this time, his luck ran out. Thats really a painful way to go.... foot first... probably felt it most of the way in... ick...

Cryptic
08-15-2006, 11:27 PM
:wow not too safety conscious for an owner of the business.

SlowStee
08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
does that mean it spit him out??

disgusting :eek:

52isntbigenough
08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
This doesn't suprise me at all. Anybody can start thier own tree service and landscape company.....drive down Mequon Rd on any given morning and you'll see 50 different F-250's pulling a trailer full of mowers and equipment. Anybody with a chainsaw and chipper can be Joe's Tree Service.

If the state doesn't require licensing through training or certification, more of this will happen. My best friend is a certified arborist and works for American Landscaping as a Manager. He said there's no doubt in his mind this guy was a newb without proper training. Sad he had to learn the hard way.

DynoTom
08-16-2006, 12:19 AM
I almost feel worse for the guy who was working with him.....The guy who got "pulled in" is long gone and I'm sure that machine had him "chipped up" real fast but, the co-worker guy has to live with the memories of the guy going like that till the day he dies.....

awsomeears
08-16-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm sure the guy did it for years and was very good at it, but once you get Comfortable thats dangerous :stare

Wood vs. bones are similar so he prolly was ran threw it :stare

Creepy and sad, Rest in Peace

whitehatch
08-16-2006, 03:06 AM
wow that shit is crazy, anyone who saw that has got to be scard for life mentally.

wikked
08-16-2006, 06:09 AM
:stare :stare :stare
gross

Goat Roper
08-16-2006, 07:25 AM
I just feel sorry for the cop who had to draw all the chalk marks around all those tiny pieces.

Dang, and completely through it as well. The truly sad part is that he was probably fully aware right up until it spit him out.

And that co-worker, he better get a good shrink.

animal
08-16-2006, 08:36 AM
So what's the odds on the bet his family sues the chipper manufacturer?

Philly-O
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
So what's the odds on the bet his family sues the chipper manufacturer?

so sad, but unfortunately so true. "there was no sign saying not to use your foot as a push".

RanJer
08-16-2006, 09:25 AM
so sad, but unfortunately so true. "there was no sign saying not to use your foot as a push".

I'd have to bet theres something on the chipper that says "dont stick body parts in intake while running" or something.... but I'm sure theyll find a way

subliminal1284
08-16-2006, 09:27 AM
That happened not too far away from my house in Pleasant Prarie.

juicedimpss
08-16-2006, 09:41 AM
thats sad for the family,but on the other hand,what a dumbass.

TURTLE
08-16-2006, 09:45 AM
OSHA regulations anyone?

Poncho
08-16-2006, 11:24 AM
well if he went in legs first, he would have "died" due to the chest getting chopped up, but his brain and therefore mind would have been fully aware up until his head went thru. disgusting and sick. forget darwin, just pray for his family to have to deal with that. it's about as sick of a death that can happen.

Waver
08-16-2006, 11:36 AM
I am curious as to what the last thing that was going through his head when he was getting sucked in....however, I know that those things chop fast, there probably wasnt time even for the signal to get to his brain that he was going to die

RanJer
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
My curiousity lies with, I know I wasn't there or how fast it happened, but all these witnesses and co-workers couldnt have shut the thing off? Like I said I don't know how fast it would pull in a body...

CruxGNZ
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I have been around all kinds of machines and opperated them too ever since I was a knee high. Large earth movers, skid steers, all kinds of saws, probably every kind of hand tool for every trade, ect., but the wood chipper was by far the scarriest machine to use or even be around.

My Dad and I were grubbing a lot before the excavator came in and we got a medium sized wood chipper for the job. This one had the feeders on the intake to help with loading. Well, the damn thing busted and we couldn't fix it, so we took it back to the rental place and they upgraded us to a large chipper. This one had NO intake feeders. I fire this sucker up and just watching that flywheel spin kind of irked me. Well, my Dad throws the first branch in and this branch was about 4" in diameter and about 15 feet long, and it sucked it in and spit it out so freekin' fast (about 2 seconds), it scared the hell out of the both of us. We just stood there for a couple of seconds thinking, "This is crazy". It wood chip it as fast as you could throw it in. It was amazing! Some of the branches were from a thorn tree. A couple times, those thorns would get hooked on your shirt or jeans and slightly pull you with it... scared the shit out of ya! By far the most dangerous machine I have ever used. I read the exit speed of the chips is around 100 mph on the larger machines like we were using.

Poncho
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
in otherwords, the guy barely had time to scream.

Flight_740
08-16-2006, 12:00 PM
My curiousity lies with, I know I wasn't there or how fast it happened, but all these witnesses and co-workers couldnt have shut the thing off? Like I said I don't know how fast it would pull in a body...

They take a long time to slow down anyways. Once you hit the off switch, it takes time for them to loose momentum.

CruxGNZ
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Looking at the article, it appears the chipper they were using had the feed rollers. They do not feed very fast to keep the flywheel speed up. Proably took about 5-10 seconds for him to run through it. Poor guy knew what was going to inevitably happen to him and probably felt most of it...

H8RADE
08-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Temple of Doom...
Rock Crusher...
I actually think this is worse...
Thanks for that...
:stare

Al
08-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Poor Guy.

I would expect there to be some sort of safety device available to stop the chipper in such a situation, even if it ment that the chipper would be damaged while stopping.

The tool which scares me the most that I use is a table saw. I've seen it throw pieces of wood across the room when the blade catches. The worst thing that can happen is that you get your hand caught in the blade. In fact, the most dangerous power tool is the table saw. The only tool more dangerous is the ladder.

Back to the chipper, there has to be some sort of safety device for it or a possibility to make something.

This is a safety device for table saws which instantly stops the blade and retracts it back into the table. It will damage the blade, but blades are replaceable. Just scale it up and tweak it for the chipper.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6790854701706099357&q=sawstop

Goat Roper
08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Al, I remember doing that fresh out of high school when I worked at a truss factory. Damn 2x10 took off into the wall and left a very nice impression.

Scared the hell out of me.

Cjburn
08-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I have a question. Did the man employ all spanish speaking employees (because of their low wage) and none of them speak english very well? Did he die screaming, "Turn it off!!!" while none of his employees could process the words fast enough, since they don't speak english well and didn't understand what he was screaming? Just something to ponder....

Goat Roper
08-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think that there would have been a quick way to do it since the person originally was trying to pull him out.

Chances are even if he had hit the off switch as quickly as he could the guy would have bled to death.

BadAzzGTA89
08-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Boy his business is gonna is gonna drop.

Poncho
08-16-2006, 09:59 PM

:rolf :rolf :rolf that was so funny I just spit out my spit and now my mouth is dry. :rolf :rolf :rolf

HITMAN
08-16-2006, 10:09 PM

You're gonna go to hell for that.
And I'll be standing there, right beside you, for laughing.

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

HITMAN
08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I am curious as to what the last thing that was going through his head when he was getting sucked in....

Bone chips...

Lash
08-16-2006, 10:17 PM
The said that the people were trying to save him....but the reverse lever on the chipper was jammed or stuck.

Al
08-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I edited this post fearing neg rep

52isntbigenough
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
The said that the people were trying to save him....but the reverse lever on the chipper was jammed or stuck.

It was jammed alright, jammed packed with man meat.

52isntbigenough
08-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Boner and shit...

No, what was going through his mind, not your mouth.

HITMAN
08-16-2006, 11:42 PM
No, what was going through his mind, not your mouth.

Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk. :sleep Don't quit your day job, Dangerfield...

HITMAN
08-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I was jammed alright, jammed packed with man meat.

Adios, SFB...http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/wave-finger.gif

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Adios, SFB...http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/wave-finger.gif

Bye Bye Assbag! Say hi to the old folks at Linden Grove and be sure to change your Depends

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Bye Bye Assbag! Say hi to the old folks at Linden Grove and be sure to change your Depends

Wow, it took you that long to come up with this?

With a wit such as yours, I'll be sure to see you on the retirement home circuit. Those folks can't hear anyway...

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Wow, it took you that long to come up with this?

With a wit such as yours, I'll be sure to see you on the retirement home cicuit. Us folks can't hear anyway...

What's a cicuit? Like a circuit, but spelt by a homo?

68RR440
08-17-2006, 12:19 AM

pot/kettle

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:24 AM
pot/kettle

As in he SPELT it wrong? Man. Read. Once in a while
Do we need your kid to come back on here and teach you what SPELT is? I still have the pic.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:25 AM

:rolf Oh you really don't want to go down this road, do you?

BTW, is a spelt anything like a smelt? I only ask because I know what a game fish authority you are...:durr

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:29 AM
:rolf Oh you really don't want to go down this road, do you?

BTW, is a spelt anything like a smelt? I only ask because I know what a game fish authority you are...:durr

Spelt may have been a fish back in the 20's when you were a teen peeping windows (kinda like you do now), but Smelt is nothing like that.

subliminal1284
08-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Ok everyone lets all play nice.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:30 AM
As in he SPELT it wrong? Man. Read. Once in a while
Do we need your kid to come back on here and teach you what SPELT is? I still have the pic.

:rolleyes:

Nobody but a retard would used that archaic term.

Also, I think I can guarantee you that any more of the type of pics you posted earlier will result in your permanent removal.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:34 AM
:rolleyes:

Nobody but a retard would used that archaic term.

Also, I think I can guarantee you that any more of the type of pics you posted earlier will result in your permanent removal.

Words are archaic too, maybe we shouldn't use those either?

Don't think...it hurts all of our eyes.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Spelt may have been a fish back in the 20's when you were a teen peeping windows (kinda like you do now), but Smelt is nothing like that.

A middle aged reprobate such as yourself calling me old is not only hypocritical, but quite amusing.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:38 AM
A middle aged reprobate such as yourself calling me old is not only hypocritical, but quite amusing.

If I'm middle aged, you're dead aged.

Spelling Bee Champ? Did they spell hippocryte with one "p" back in the day? The day of rock and fire.

danwaite
08-17-2006, 12:39 AM
I think you guys really need to show respect for this guy. Yeah what he did was very dumb but people make mistakes sometimes you live from them some times you don't. I feel very sorry for his family having to lose some one like this. I feel even worse for his co-workers who saw him killed and trying to save him but couldn't. I just think you guys need to stop with calling the guy a dumb ass or whatever..My prayers will be with him and his family.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Words are archaic too, maybe we shouldn't use those either?

Don't think...it hurts all of our eyes.

Well, unless you're a telepath, I'd suggest you stick to your insipid droning.

The United52 College Fund. Because a mind is a terrible thing...:durr

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Well, unless you're a telepath, I'd suggest you stick to your insipid droning.

The United52 College Fund. Because a mind is a terrible thing...:durr

I've been to college, graduated with 2 degrees. When I try to read your posts, I realize that spelling wasn't such an important thing back before they invented Webster's Dictionary.

RyanM
08-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I think you guys really need to show respect for this guy. Yeah what he did was very dumb but people make mistakes sometimes you live from them some times you don't. I feel very sorry for his family having to lose some one like this. I feel even worse for his co-workers who saw him killed and trying to save him but couldn't. I just think you guys need to stop with calling the guy a dumb ass or whatever..My prayers will be with him and his family.

Agreed

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:49 AM
If I'm middle aged, you're dead aged.

Me=45
You=40
No fool like an old fool...:rolf

Spelling Bee Champ? Did they spell hippocryte with one "p" back in the day? The day of rock and fire.

OK Papaw, hypocrite has one "P."
Hippo, as in Hippopotamus (ie, your date for the evening) has two.

68RR440
08-17-2006, 12:50 AM
:rolf :rolf :rolf :punch:
Funniest post of the day...

Its spelled hypocrite when used in this context, genius.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:53 AM
I've been to college, graduated with 2 degrees. When I try to read your posts, I realize that spelling wasn't such an important thing back before they invented Webster's Dictionary.

Two degrees?:rolf From where? MATC doesn't count.
In what? Picture Drawing? Pottery? Finger Painting?

I know it sure as hell wasn't English...

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Me=45
You=40
No fool like an old fool...:rolf

Me..... graduated 7th grade
You.... graduated from Whales

Yes, you are a fool.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 12:55 AM
:rolf :rolf :rolf :punch:
Funniest post of the day...

Its spelt hypocrite when used in this context, genius.

how's that SPELT? I must have SPELT it wrong.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Me..... graduated 7th grade
You.... graduated from Whales

Yes, I am a fool.

Did you perhaps mean Wales? Whales are large ocean dwelling Cetacea. But I shouldn't have to tell a edumacated old fart like yourself that, should I?

68RR440
08-17-2006, 01:00 AM

You need 2 college degrees to work the register at Gander Mountain? Go get me some stink bait, counter jockey. :loser

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:00 AM

No, you S P E L L E D it wrong. As you do quite often.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Two degrees?:rolf From where? MATC doesn't count.
In what? Picture Drawing? Pottery? Finger Painting?

I know it sure as hell wasn't English...

We all know you never went to any school other than Bedrock Elementary, but I went to, and graduated with 2 degrees from, UW-Milwaukee.

52isntbigenough
No, you S P E L L E D it wrong. As you do quite often.

Nooo, you SPELT it wrong Mr Webster.

HITMAN
You need 2 college degrees to work the register at Gander Mountain? Go get me some stink bait, counter jockey. :loser

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

52isgettingspanked =
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3217/101wc-owned1.jpg

68RR440
08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
http://waltonfeed.com/self/spelt.html

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:03 AM

I think your kid can help us out with some spelling lessons....ready?

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:07 AM
Nooo, you SPELT it wrong Mr Webster.

spelt

n : hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed

The word is SPELLED, unless you're from England, circa the seventh century, gramps.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
spelt

n : hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed

The word is SPELLED, unless you're from England, circa the seventh century, gramps.

Spelt is past tense of SPELL...Freddy Flinstone.

68RR440
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
I think your kid can help us out with some spelling lessons....ready?

Awe, did I hit a sore spot because somebody worked really, really hard in college, only to enter the "real" world and find out he is only qualified to work in retail? :punch:

Are you sure you want to go there again? ;)

danwaite
08-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I think its time to call off topic lol

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:10 AM
We all know you never went to any school other than Bedrock Elementary, but I went to, and graduated with 2 degrees from, UW-Milwaukee.

:rolf Oh no, not the ultra-prestigious UWM.:rolf
Like I said, MATC doesn't count...:loser

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Spelt is past tense of SPELL...Freddy Flinstone.

Not in MODERN English, Methuselah.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Awe, did I hit a sore spot because somebody worked really, really hard in college, only to enter the "real" world and find out he is only qualified to work in retail? :punch:

Read the profile...if you can, I know your kid can. What's it say? Just Gander Mtn? Keep reading. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I'd be happy to "go there". How's that Ignore list coming along?

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Not in MODERN English, Methuselah.

In any English..... Al Bundy.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:15 AM

Hey, lets not forget that 52isasalesclerkhahaha, is also a graphic artist. Remember his "mad photochop skillz":rolf

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:17 AM
In any English..... Al Bundy.

Funny you should mention Al Bundy. He's a sales clerk, just...like...YOU.:rolf

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey, lets not forget that 52isasalesclerkhahaha, is also a graphic artist. Remember his "mad photochop skillz":rolf

I'm a sales clerk who get's all his tournys paid for by GM, the pay also helps with the taxes on my lake home...gotta love that....Ohhh, 68RR remembers those skills well, right 68?

So Hitman..what do you do for a living besides smoke crack and glue mirrors to your shoes? You definately don't have a woman...besides Rosey that is.

68RR440
08-17-2006, 01:22 AM
Ohhh, 68RR remembers those skills well, right 68?

Actually, the way you keep bringing that shit up, I'm starting to think you consider that one of your great accomplishments in your fantastic life, right up there with your 2 college degrees in hook baiting. :loser

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Actually, the way you keep bringing that shit up, I'm starting to think you consider that one of your great accomplishments in your fantastic life, right up there with your 2 college degrees in hook baiting. :loser

I see you still have'nt learned to read profiles here. When I see your kid next, I'll teach him, then he can show you. Maybe I'll make a pic of that.

Somebody has to bait hooks for retards like you who are too scared to do it.

My life's fantastic....toys, gf, not having to drive a Bonne everyday to collect food stamps....it's great.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm a sales clerk who get's all his tournys paid for by GM, the pay also helps with the taxes on my lake home...gotta love that....Ohhh, 68RR remembers those skills well, right 68?

So Hitman..what do you do for a living besides smoke crack and glue mirrors to your shoes? You definately don't have a woman...besides Rosey that is.

Awww, did hims get butt-hurt cuz the mean ol' Hitman keeps pushing hims witto buttons?

As for what I do, you figure it out. Some people aren't dumb enough to put anything of value in their profile...;)

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Awww, did hims get butt-hurt cuz the mean ol' Hitman keeps pushing hims witto buttons?

As for what I do, you figure it out. Some people aren't dumb enough to put anything of value in their profile...;)

No people who are too embarrassed about who they really are, are just too scared to put it in thier profile. But I see you're not to shy to say, "I was born a poor black child".

Buttons? I think the guy over in the "5 word thread" who posted about me three times straight had his buttons pushed..hmmm...who was that I wonder??

HURRY. POST.HURRY.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:33 AM
I see you still have'nt learned to read profiles here. When I see your kid next, I'll teach him, then he can show you. Maybe I'll make a pic of that.

Somebody has to bait hooks for retards like you who are too scared to do it.

My life's fantastic....toys, gf, not having to drive a Bonne everyday to collect food stamps....it's great.

Oh my, that's quite a collection of sh, er, um, stuff. Is any of it fast? After all, the name of this BB is Brew City Muscle. I don't see anything muscular in your turd collection. That Katonka couldn't pull the hat off your head...

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:35 AM
No people who are too embarrassed about who they really are, are just too scared to put it in thier profile.

Buttons? I think the guy over in the "5 word thread" who posted about me three times straight had his buttons pushed..hmmm...who was that I wonder??

HURRY. POST.HURRY.

Please. Stop. Laughter. Hurts.

BTW, it's their, not thier. Jeenyus

Dance Puppet, dance...

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:40 AM
M'kay, time for us geriatrics to go to bed. I need my sleep, as I have an important shuffle-board tournament in the morning. I wouldn't want my sponsor, GM, to get mad at me for not showing...

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Oh my, that's quite a collection of sh, er, um, stuff. Is any of it fast? After all, the name of this BB is Brew City Muscle. I don't see anything muscular in your turd collection. That Katonka couldn't pull the hat off your head...

Confucius say: "a guy who displays what he owns, has stuff alot faster than the guy who shows nothing"

My 30hp Tuffy does the 1/4 faster than 15.94@81.

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:41 AM
M'kay, time for us geriatrics to go to bed. I need my sleep, as I have an important shuffle-board tournament in the morning. I wouldn't want my sponsor, GM, to get mad at me for not showing...

Don't throw your back out trying to stoop over to look down Grannys blouse.

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Confucius say: "a guy who display what he owns, has stuff alot faster than the guy who shows nothing"

My 30hp Tuffy does the 1/4 faster than 15.94@81...hell, I walk it faster.

You just keep taking the bait. What a dope... :rolf

A word to the wise: (or, in your case, mediocre)Don't believe everything you read, especially on some interweb BB profile...

Dance...

HITMAN
08-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Don't throw your back out trying to stoop over to look down Grannys blouse.

I'd never do that to your GF. Besides, torpedo tits are more your speed. It's that "fishing lure" shape you admire.:thumbsup

Keep dancing...:rolf

52isntbigenough
08-17-2006, 01:49 AM
Buttons Pushed. ^^^ proof.