PDA

View Full Version : This is so true and agree 100%...

Nix
08-14-2006, 12:00 PM
I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. No where did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or any other language because of immigration. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close. Sorry if this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY - IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP ---- please pass this along~
I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; ! pay you r taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone-----YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a pro blem with
that. This says it all! This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He
did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming
to America. Our population is almost entirely made up
of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a
few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty
and our national identity.
As Americans.....we have our own culture, our own
society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society,
learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not
some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles............. founded this nation..... and
this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home.........because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle
Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to
another part of this planet We are! happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care
how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First
Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping.......about our flag......our pledge......our national motto.......or our way of life...I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great American Freedom....

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. :flipoff2:

I got this in an email and I just had to share with the rest of you. If you dont agree than shame on you...

Waver
08-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Qft.....I am tired of this country bowing down to every ******* person who feels that the country is anti this or anti that, or someone will get offended....and that goes not only for the government, but public institutions like schools, work places, ect. The biggest problem is not the legal immigrants to this country, but the illegals who use false passports, ssn, id's ect. They are doing the biggest complainers....We dont owe them anything, as we are legal citizens of this country.........

84hurst
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Very well written article! Very true as well! I also don't have a problem w/ immigrants, but just do it legally and it is THEY who have to adapt. This is an English speaking country, not Spanish or even Splanglish speaking country. If they want to keep there culture, that's fine, but keep Spanish speaking in the house and when you are outside, for God's sake, SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

GRM-REPR
08-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Good article.

Did you know most of illegal im's dont even WANT to be U.S citizens?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS!!!!!!!! YOUR FVCKING HERE ILLEGALY!!!!!!

As the article stated, this fine country was founded on immigrants,,,,,,,that did it LEGALLY. These illegal's months ago "did a strike" to show their strength in our economy. BUWAHAHAHAHAH, the only thing that happened was crime temporarily went down, and there were articles across the country documenting that.

I have no problem either with them coming here and wanting to be here. This isnt Mexico or Cuba (or wherever the hell they all come from), learn our damn language first, get the Visa, then come and do it legally.

Why do we need to have our own National Anthem in another language??? I agree, we need to quit worrying about offending others, this is our country, and things are handled differently.

Good job Nick.....

CruxGNZ
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I just heard they are going to make it even easier for them to. If they are caught driving without a license in California, the car is impounded, but HAS to be given back after 24 hours. It was voted on 24 to 14 (I think). F'n B.S..

Copperhead
08-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Very well written article! Very true as well! I also don't have a problem w/ immigrants, but just do it legally and it is THEY who have to adapt. This is an English speaking country, not Spanish or even Splanglish speaking country. If they want to keep there culture, that's fine, but keep Spanish speaking in the house and when you are outside, for God's sake, SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!
Hey Jeff What's up?

fireguyrick
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
The only thing that people fail to understand is that English is NOT the official language of the United States. There is NO official language here. The first steps would NEED to be in creating an official language, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Rick

Reverend Cooper
08-14-2006, 07:26 PM
piss on it its a fact of life that we are all going to have to live with......it doesnt mean we have to like it tho.

Baddriver01
08-14-2006, 07:41 PM
It was a well written editorial... not everyone feels this way. I can't even begin to think of where we'd be as a country if any of that were true. How is singing the national anthem in another language harmful to the US? It's not, and in fact it empowers us, it shows the world we are above petty racism, close-mindedness and are actually living up to the beliefs we founded this country on. If the national anthem in spanish offends you, you have a right to feel that way, but maybe you also need to take a closer look at your beliefs and ask if they are founded on fact, reason and logic or based on steretypes, old racist beliefs and down right lies. "I'm all for immigration" is a great statement but underlying those words are the thoughts "but as long as everyone acts and thinks like me". You are only fooling yourself.

Jusy my 2 cents.

Yooformula
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I dont think the national anthem should be in any other language besides american. You can celebrate any religion you want and translate anything you want but when the majority of the country speaks this language, then the NATIONal Anthem should be in this language as well. You are right about racist sentiments and statements though but anthem is a piece of the fabric of this country and SHOULDNT be translated in other languages. Lets face it, we were founded to protect others but we did it speaking English not spanish or arabic or swahili. It should be said in this language just like the canadian anthem or russian anthem or any other treasured document IMO.

Al
08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I think that it is important for everyone to realize that the US is a democracy with extensive freedoms, not a simple 'free country.'

The immigrants do not need to learn english as a whole language, but at least well enough to communicate important information. 500 words is simple enough and if used properly, the immigrants will be able to speak in a more intelligent manner than most of the kids in the hood.

In regards to 'In God we trust," the lefties should at least be considerate enough to recognize how important this phrase is in so many peoples lives. They should just let it be.

I also wonder who is offended by this phrase? They need to stand up and say why. For most of the people I have come across who feel this way, they root their feelings in their anger towards their parents who overkilled religion when they were younger. I might quote a verse to them which goes something like 'parents, do not drive your children to anger.' IMO, it means the parents went too far, they could have been nicer about it so that their children could have been more open to faith in general.

Yooformula
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Stop Al. The words "In God we Trust" was not put on our coins until AFTER priests pleaded with Congress to have to words inscribed on our coins in the late 1800's. The founders chose"Liberty" then "E Pluribus Unum" to show our unitedness and deliberatly did not use God in the Declaration. The founders were religious people but chose to base our values on reason NOT religion thereby attempting to seperate church and state. "One Nation Under God" was added by a paranoid president in 1957 in his attempt to show the world that if you didnt believe in God that you were indeed a communist. Where is the reason in that? I am sure commies believe in God also.

Keep this crap on topic!

Baddriver01
08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Yoo does have a valid point. I am personally not offended by the phrase and we continue to say it in the classroom each day. I've discussed this with my 8th graders and most are willing to have an intelligent debate on the issue. Their parents on the other hand...anyway...the students who believe in it say it and those who do not remain silent during that part of the pledge. Everyone respects each other's beliefs. And while I will probably never learn the national anthem in spanish I have learned it in sign language (at one time :rolleyes: ) and don't feel that that was any less of a patriotic song. The words are in English but the meaning and emotion is universal, I'd hope.

y2kws6
08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I feel sorry for indians, because we did it to them, BUT I do not want to be one.

What I mean is, we ran the indians off their land and now the mexicans are doing it to us. We do need to stand up to OUR Rights that were put in place and if they would form themselves and contibute to the rights that were put in place then fine live here.

This is my person feelings:
ANYONE living in the U.S. should Speak English, Provide for themselves, and contribute to taxes for others. If they can do that fine people are happy.

Dan

theavenger333
08-14-2006, 08:56 PM
plain and simple, when an American is in Mexico, do they provide government forms in english? do they have police/accident reports done in english? do their help lines on the phone have a "Marke el Tres para espanol" option? no. we already bend over for this, this is an AMERICAN NATION, therefore the AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM should be in our native tongue.

GRM-REPR
08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
It was a well written editorial... not everyone feels this way. I can't even begin to think of where we'd be as a country if any of that were true. How is singing the national anthem in another language harmful to the US?

Do other countries that play host to American citizens who are there on a Visa have provisions for them to sing our National Anthem?? No. It is common sense for a human being (IMHO) that when you pick up sticks and move to another country unlike your own, that you LEARN the language first. Would you move to Mexico or Africa and not learn their language? Would you also try to break the law and enter illegaly??

I doubt many people have a problem with immigration, but I do think most of the people in this country HAVE a problem with one's entering in a van, climbing a fence, riding in a boat and who know's what other ways.

Do you think if your child was in Mexico in a public school, that he/she would be singing the American anthem?? LOL right. I am disgusted that there is a Spanish form of our anthem and to add salt to the wound, it's not even correct.

My 2cents.....dont mean to offend....;)

Baddriver01
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
I guess I don't see how it hurts America by translating our national anthem into Spanish so those who speak Spanish but not English can understand it, it's not like we're forced to sing the Mexican national anthem in any language. Otherwise, it would be like me singing the German national anthem, I know German but I sure as hell don't understand what they're singing very well. Translate it into English and I would be able to appreciate the "German" song more.

Hell, there's even a video on this site of a German kid going ballistic over a video game. It was funny/scary without the translation but with it (and I'm sure it's not a perfect translation) one can understand what's actually going on. Does it dilute or mar the original video, to a German maybe, but to me it helped me understand it. Even more interesting is how many people begged for a translation so they could understand it too.

Maybe before we start chanting "America, love it or leave it" we should appreciate why people want to come here and live. I don't support illegal immigration, but I also don't see too many American people sneaking into Ethiopia or Sudan for a "better life".

We are blessed in America to have the money, education, and opportunity to better our lives. In many places, including Mexico, those same opportunities don't exist. We can't put our ideals and morals above the basic need to feed our families and seek a better life for our kids.

Poncho
08-14-2006, 11:52 PM
this kinda stuff (though I don't know the story) really bothers me, especially as a bi-racial kid, a "wexican" (white/mexican) I am half mexican, quarter polish, eighth irish, eighth german. I always go w/ the mexican side, as it is the most dominant, but I'm glad I share nothing with the immigrants, as my mexican side has been from texas since the 1800's. Americans since they could be. I speak english. My father, while fluent in english and spanish, doesn't walk around speaking spanish expecting everyone to do as he does. He's american and he accepts our language in the US. everyone else pretty much should do. Not doing so is rediculous.

I 100% agree on avenger on his opinion above, I feel quite similarly.

Nix
08-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Nice rep left by baddriver, at least he left his name. Racism? Ohhh, you mean points of view and facts correct? Get it straight buddy :chair:

This is so true and... 08-14-2006 07:46 PM Take your racism elsewhere...baddriver01

formul8
08-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Let's move to Germany and make a motion for the national anthem to be sung in English also.

Ain't gonna happen.

I see it this way: Our country was founded and all of our documents that established this as the United States of America is in English. Our national language should be ENGLISH.

You can speak whatever other language you want to. That is fine, but you need to know English to pass our citzenship test.

My Grandparents lived here for 50 years and only spoke Italian. They really should have learned more English, but they did ok in their area which was mostly Italian.

My G/F's family moved here from Poland in 1993. She learned excellent Englsih before she even moved here because her mom wanted her to be able to do well. Her mom speaks pretty good English, but very heavy accent and ]she stumbles some words, but otherwise great.

United States need to make things official soon, or nosotros todos sea hablamos Espanol en la Estados Unidos la Americana y la lengua es numero uno. Yo hablo poco Espanol, pero no quiero la lengua esta primaria.

Baddriver01
08-15-2006, 10:14 AM
I didn't realize I was living in "your country", I'll be sure to love your "white" America from now on. Seriously, I love it when racism is neatly boxed up in a pretty "patriotism" package. How does someone speaking Spanish reduce your freedoms and rights. All I see in that article is someone asking a foreigner to forget their heritage and language and assimilate into white American society. It is unfortunate that almost no one on this board seems to be willing to stand up for what is right as opposed to what is "white".

Oh well, if you can't beat them join them...

1. Down with illegal immigrants or any immigrants
2. Down with any language other than American
3. Down with anything foreign, buy American cars...wait they're built in Mexico???
4. Down with diversity, culture and anything remotely different

5. Up with pickup trucks and good old fashion patriotism, tie a yellow ribbon on your tree or get the hell out of my country!!!!:alcoholic

Oh yeah, here's another -1 for me :flipoff2:

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Think of it this way.

If we go to Mexico, are there signs everywhere in English right below their native spanish language, a good portion of their places of employment now pushing to have bilingual employees, and their national anthem in english? why should america have to be the only country where they have to change everything around to make it easier for people who came in illegally?

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I didn't realize I was living in "your country", I'll be sure to love your "white" America from now on. Seriously, I love it when racism is neatly boxed up in a pretty "patriotism" package. How does someone speaking Spanish reduce your freedoms and rights. All I see in that article is someone asking a foreigner to forget their heritage and language and assimilate into white American society. It is unfortunate that almost no one on this board seems to be willing to stand up for what is right as opposed to what is "white".

1. Down with illegal immigrants or any immigrants
2. Down with any language other than American
3. Down with anything foreign, buy American cars...wait they're built in Mexico???
4. Down with diversity, culture and anything remotely different

5. Up with pickup trucks and good old fashion patriotism, tie a yellow ribbon on your tree or get the hell out of my country!!!!:alcoholic

Oh yeah, here's another -1 for me :flipoff2:

I didnt read too many of the other responses, but here is my further opinion

im not asking any non-american born citizen to give up their heritage. But if we make the national anthem also in spanish, why dont we do the same for every other nation's main language? why don't they do the same for us? no english speaking american is in another foreign country demanding these kinds of things....

just my 2 cents

Baddriver01
08-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Think of it this way.

If we go to Mexico, are there signs everywhere in English right below their native spanish language, a good portion of their places of employment now pushing to have bilingual employees, and their national anthem in english? why should america have to be the only country where they have to change everything around to make it easier for people who came in illegally?

1. If you have ever traveled to Europe almost everybody speaks at least 2 languages and many speak more, including English. It doesn't dilute their culture, it makes it stronger. Signs in China, Japan and Mexico are in more than one language in areas where foreigners are common.

2. English is the international language for Air Traffic Controllers. Why English instead of another, simpler language? I have no idea.

3. Yes, there are illegal immigrants in America, but there are far more legal Spanish speaking people here, maybe this bilingual thing is for them too?

I like how this thread turned from "National Anthem in Spanish???" to "why are we catering to illegal immigrants?" I honestly enjoy watching threads like these evolve. In the end, we are not only by far the only country "changing everything for the foreigners", we are in fact one of the last major world power countries to accomodate world ideals. I know this is off topic, but look at the metric system. The whole world basically uses it, all scientists do, but America has to be different... for what purpose???

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the greatest world power this planet has ever known. I wish we would start acting like it, instead of like a 200+ year old teenager country.

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 10:37 AM
we have a few hispanic mechanics where I work, and they dont speak english very fluently, however they dont complain when they have to read the english only shop/service manuals that we have. they do their job like everyone else, they don't complain about the lack of spanish versions (if they exsist) and I never hear either of them complain about the way america is against changing things for the hispanic immigrants.

formul8
08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that we are the greatest world power this planet has ever known. I wish we would start acting like it, instead of like a 200+ year old teenager country.

There is your answer why. We are still a young country. In another 500 years or so, "American" will become a firm nationality like Mexican, or French or Polish.

Therefore, we need an official language of this budding nationality.

National language of Russia is Russian. In france, it's French. Germany it's German, and so on.

We all have decendants that were immigrants at some point. I am first generation Italian. My Girlfriend was born in Poland. There is a point where it starts to become one nationality and it will evolve that way someday.

Baddriver01
08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
we have a few hispanic mechanics where I work, and they dont speak english very fluently, however they dont complain when they have to read the english only shop/service manuals that we have. they do their job like everyone else, they don't complain about the lack of spanish versions (if they exsist) and I never hear either of them complain about the way america is against changing things for the hispanic immigrants.

Wow...I think you proved both of our points. Some people just want to work and do their jobs and othersneed to be squeay wheels for the attention. While, neither of us can truly know what the mechanics are thinking (has anyone ever asked if they wanted a spanish copy of the manuals or opinions on immigration???) maybe they're just content with a steady paycheck and nice, relaxing evening like most of us. Good post...

Baddriver01
08-15-2006, 10:52 AM
There is your answer why. We are still a young country. In another 500 years or so, "American" will become a firm nationality like Mexican, or French or Polish.

Therefore, we need an official language of this budding nationality.

National language of Russia is Russian. In france, it's French. Germany it's German, and so on.

We all have decendants that were immigrants at some point. I am first generation Italian. My Girlfriend was born in Poland. There is a point where it starts to become one nationality and it will evolve that way someday.

Nice...I can follow that logic...+1 for you...:thumbsup

Waver
08-15-2006, 10:57 AM
I am going to fix this for you...plus I will put down explanations for you....

1. Down with illegal immigrants I am totally for this...why should we accept anyone into this country who is illegally living and working in this country? So are you saying that it is o.k. for illegals to illegally work in factorys like Brigs and generac, with false papers...jobs that could of gone to someone who was legal?

2. The nations primary language should be ENGLISH Speaking another language is great, keep your heritage, but you should be ready to speak english when spoken to in english (there is no language called american)

The rest of your points....they were just stupid....there is a difference between wanting people to get into this country legally and being a racist redneck

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
im not going to care whats on their mind if they dont share it with me. doubt it if they ever asked for a spanish copy. I guess my employer feels if they are skilled enough to repair semi trucks to DOT regulations then they are skilled enough to read an english repair manual.

I have nothing against illegal immigrants.... the ones that come here, work hard, keep to themselves or go out and enjoy the american culture if they chose and just want to socialize, that is.

the ones that come here to exploit this country, steal, vandalize, rape, kidnap, molest, infiltrate... whatever illegal action, arent welcome in this country. and I think some people feel that if you cater this way for the legit or non legit friendly, hardworking immigrants, then you are in a way doing the same for the ones that come here to do no good. and no one wants to help those people out, they can just go back to where they came from and commit those crimes there.

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I am going to fix this for you...plus I will put down explanations for you....
I am totally for this...why should we accept anyone into this country who is illegally living and working in this country? So are you saying that it is o.k. for illegals to illegally work in factorys like Brigs and generac, with false papers...jobs that could of gone to someone who was legal?
Speaking another language is great, keep your heritage, but you should be ready to speak english when spoken to in english (there is no language called american)

The rest of your points....they were just stupid....there is a difference between wanting people to get into this country legally and being a racist redneck

im going to have to disagree with you here. illegal spanish workers are some of the HARDEST working people I have ever met in my life. They work long hours, most of them every day of the week. They work in sometimes rough environments. They do jobs none of us lazy natural born americans want. and they do it happily without complaining. they come here to escape poverty in mexico and are so happy to have a job, they don't give a damn what kind of job it is. truth is, this country would probably collapse without some of these workers, because no one else here wants these jobs. I find it humorous when people here say "hey these people are coming here illegally, why should they be working jobs that we should have and get paid the same?"

why? because they are WILLING to work for less, and they dont care. they don't deserve less, but because of so much hatred against them, thats what they settle for. so they have jobs that you COULD have had. but COULD is the key word here. If you COULD have had the job, why don't you?

people here complain they are stealing social security, blah blah blah. truth is, with them working, they are feeding into our taxes and social security and other government payroll deductions and unlike us, they don't get a dime of it back at the end of the year. they will never collect social security when they retire.

Every place I worked where there were illegal immigrants, all of those immigrants were nice, friendly people. they all worked hard and tried to communicate with you as best as possible. They tried to understand me, us, and our society, including our language. maybe because they just wanted a good check at the end of the week. if so, good, they deserve it. why should they leave empty handed? I respect any honest, hard working person, legal or not.

I don't care how much negative rep I get from this post. the bottom line is stop being racist against these people. they arent stealing your jobs. they arent affecting you in any bad way.

formul8
08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Illegal Immigrants would not try so hard to get in this country if where they came from wasn't a bad place.

Most immigrants are HARD workers. They do the jobs we don't like to do. Most have no debt other than a mortgage, save their money and want a better life for their family.

EVERYBODY pays taxes in some way or another. You buy a cheese burger at McD's, you pay tax.

When I sold cars, I had quite a few Mexican and Polish customers. The recent ones had usually had ZERO debt and paid cash. When I have a Polish person here for only a few years, owns a home, buildings or a busines and is buying a new car in CASH vs. the American customer who is up to their eyeballs in debt, bad credit, etc trying to finance an used Civic, then it really changes your perspective.

Immigrants to do not come here because they like the weather, they come here for the opportunity. When you are facing a 20% unemployment rate in Poland or making $50 a week in Mexico doing factory work, then America is like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory to them.

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Illegal Immigrants would not try so hard to get in this country if where they came from wasn't a bad place.

Most immigrants are HARD workers. They do the jobs we don't like to do. Most have no debt other than a mortgage, save their money and want a better life for their family.

When I sold cars, I had quite a few Mexican and Polish customers. The recent ones had usually had ZERO debt and paid cash. When I have a Polish person here for only a few years, owns a home, buildings or a busines and is buying a new car in CASH vs. the American customer who is up to their eyeballs in debt, bad credit, etc trying to finance an used Civic, then it really changes your perspective.

Immigrants to do not come here because they like the weather, they come here for the opportunity. When you are facing a 20% unemployment rate in Poland or making $50 a week in Mexico doing factory work, then America is like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory to them.

well put. +1

Waver
08-15-2006, 11:38 AM
im going to have to disagree with you here. illegal spanish workers are some of the HARDEST working people I have ever met in my life. They work long hours, most of them every day of the week. They work in sometimes rough environments. They do jobs none of us lazy natural born americans want. and they do it happily without complaining. they come here to escape poverty in mexico and are so happy to have a job, they don't give a damn what kind of job it is. truth is, this country would probably collapse without some of these workers, because no one else here wants these jobs. I find it humorous when people here say "hey these people are coming here illegally, why should they be working jobs that we should have and get paid the same?"

why? because they are WILLING to work for less, and they dont care. they don't deserve less, but because of so much hatred against them, thats what they settle for. so they have jobs that you COULD have had. but COULD is the key word here. If you COULD have had the job, why don't you?

people here complain they are stealing social security, blah blah blah. truth is, with them working, they are feeding into our taxes and social security and other government payroll deductions and unlike us, they don't get a dime of it back at the end of the year. they will never collect social security when they retire.

Every place I worked where there were illegal immigrants, all of those immigrants were nice, friendly people. they all worked hard and tried to communicate with you as best as possible. They tried to understand me, us, and our society, including our language. maybe because they just wanted a good check at the end of the week. if so, good, they deserve it. why should they leave empty handed? I respect any honest, hard working person, legal or not.

I don't care how much negative rep I get from this post. the bottom line is stop being racist against these people. they arent stealing your jobs. they arent affecting you in any bad way.

good return....However the places that I mentioned, I did work at, and so did my ex....I dont have a problem with them working, finding a better life, what ever, what I have a problem with is if I have to follow every letter of the law, why dont they? Come into the country legally...that is all I have to say, hell we have all kinds of visas that can turn into permanent residency....use one of those. Your experience with them is a good one, I know of some people who have had a bad experience with them, me it is 50/50. However the biggest thing that concerns me with people who are entering this country illegally, is we dont know why they are comming over to this country, is it for work, to raise a family, or is it to flee justice for crimes they committed in mexico or where ever?

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 11:39 AM
good return....However the places that I mentioned, I did work at, and so did my ex....I dont have a problem with them working, finding a better life, what ever, what I have a problem with is if I have to follow every letter of the law, why dont they? Come into the country legally...that is all I have to say, hell we have all kinds of visas that can turn into permanent residency....use one of those. Your experience with them is a good one, I know of some people who have had a bad experience with them, me it is 50/50. However the biggest thing that concerns me with people who are entering this country illegally, is we dont know why they are comming over to this country, is it for work, to raise a family, or is it to flee justice for crimes they committed in mexico or where ever?

look into our countries policy on immigration and naturalization. its a ******* joke.

and I agree with you on immigrant background checking, but if mexico doesnt keep track of that, how are we expected to be able to look up on that?

Waver
08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
look into our countries policy on immigration and naturalization. its a ******* joke.

and I agree with you on immigrant background checking, but if mexico doesnt keep track of that, how are we expected to be able to look up on that?
True, however if they were comming through legal channels then it would be a little easier to keep track of. As far as our immigration policy, yes it is a joke, however at least it is somthing, and they are trying to get it better....

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 11:47 AM
the immigration policy takes years and years. its retarded.

formul8
08-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Mexico, Poland, or other countries that bleed residents are going to do much because of one reason:

Most recent immigrants send money back to their home countries.

formul8
08-15-2006, 11:48 AM

There are not a separate set of laws for them. They speed, they get a ticket. They steal, they get arrested. They murder, they go to jail or get deported.

fireguyrick
08-15-2006, 12:01 PM
There is one OTHER thing I NEED to say. If people can ACTUALLY SING the National Anthem in Spanish verbatim, and from memory, I actually give them ALOT of credit. How many English speaking American Citizens TRULY know the National Anthem from memory? From my experience VERY FEW. Everyone seems to know the first few words, after that most people mumble.

Rick

Waver
08-15-2006, 12:02 PM
There are not a separate set of laws for them. They speed, they get a ticket. They steal, they get arrested. They murder, they go to jail or get deported.

Not completely...you have to remember that a lot of them have illegal id's ect, so that is stopping them from going to joe blow and getting another, and getting off scott free? Besides, what happens when they get deported? the run back across the border again.

Nix
08-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry baddriver but you leaving me the feedback saying that Iam racist was just plain ignorant. When I start throwing out racial slurs and such then you can come and tell me I'm racist. Till then you should really think before you type the garbage that you did to me. "Ignorance is a Disease" :crying

88Nightmare
08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
"Ignorance is a Disease" :crying

where can I get my vaccine? :thumbsup

Nix
08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
where can I get my vaccine? :thumbsup

lol:goof

GRM-REPR
08-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry baddriver but you leaving me the feedback saying that Iam racist was just plain ignorant. When I start throwing out racial slurs and such then you can come and tell me I'm racist. Till then you should really think before you type the garbage that you did to me. "Ignorance is a Disease" :crying

Lil' bro, when people cant argue a point with sense, they naturally attack the person (who posted a good article for conversation) with i.e racism, hatred or violence. Baddriver is entitled to his own opinion but I agree, I see no signs of racism. I see an American who is questioning why WE as Americans need to have OUR anthem in another language. Honestly, that tells me we have our priorities in reverse once agian in this country.

If you want to call someone racist Bad, then please explain to all of us why? Is it because he doesnt see the point of a Spanish/American anthem?? I dont either. That was the point of this thread, NOT racisim. Your starting to sound like every other Dumbocrat out there who cries foul when you have no better point of contestion......My 2cents and I'm not out to offend....:shades

Al
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Stop Al. The words "In God we Trust" was not put on our coins until AFTER priests pleaded with Congress to have to words inscribed on our coins in the late 1800's. The founders chose"Liberty" then "E Pluribus Unum" to show our unitedness and deliberatly did not use God in the Declaration. The founders were religious people but chose to base our values on reason NOT religion thereby attempting to seperate church and state. "One Nation Under God" was added by a paranoid president in 1957 in his attempt to show the world that if you didnt believe in God that you were indeed a communist. Where is the reason in that? I am sure commies believe in God also.

Keep this crap on topic!

Sorry bud. I guess I was off on this one.

The 'communist aspect' is new info to me, so I learned something today. +1 for yoo.

edit: I ponder about learning spanish if I am going to go to dental school. I would not need to learn alot, but at least enough to communicate effectively with a patient. It would really be important if I ever move south.

In Europe, English became an international language after WWII with the allied occupation as well as the new increase in trade between the US and the latter EU. The only hindering aspect I wonder about is how english is not an easy language to learn, I think prepositions are what make it difficult to comprehend.

Baddriver01
08-15-2006, 04:05 PM
88nightmare, formula8 and fireguyrick, thanks for posting a perspective most people don't get to see or hear about. I appreciate the comments. Not everything about this issue is black and white like most people want to make it. Should immigrants come here through legal channels...yes. Should those already here pursue those channels to become legal citizens...yes. I am not arguing these points. But to hide racism, especially since this article was directed at one specific group, in patriotism is wrong.

Now, as for the bad rep...I can take it back because those words in the article were not yours...but I won't. By posting that article you furthered the prejudice and ignorance about the issue in hope of finding support for....what??? I didn't get the impression you were trying to make America a better place, I got the impression that the Mexicans are bad and should just become more like us White Americans. That seems like support for racism in my book.

BTW: I really don't think we don't speak English in America, we have developed our own language based upon the English language. No Brit would ever call what we speak "English".

Waver
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
BTW: I really don't think we don't speak English in America, we have developed our own language based upon the English language. No Brit would ever call what we speak "English".

Yeah I know they would infact call what we speak here english, however they will call what they speak propper queens english. Besides, in schools they dont call classes american class, it is called english class

Al
08-15-2006, 08:52 PM
That makes me wonder what a 'proper' english man would think of a UP accent or a southern accent.

English Accents according to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_accents_of_English_speakers

Funny to think that scottish dialect is thought of as a separate language to English!