PDA

View Full Version : Collector Car Insurance........

Car Guy
08-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Where's a good place to go for collector car insurance.....?

I'm just looking for some advice(good or bad) on past or current experiences with insuring a collector car. Also, if anybody actually had to make a claim or heard of someone else doing so I would love to hear how it went.....

Thanks!

Korndogg
08-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I go through Acuity and its great. You can start or stop your insurance anytime. Like when it starts getting warm...ill insure my car for a weekend and then on monday when i wont be driving it, ill uninsure it. You can even insure it for a day if you like, even when they arent at the office. just leave a message with your name and number and if something happens on the day you insured it for, theyll cover it cause they have proof of you calling on their answering machine.

Gary Anderson
08-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I have American Family. As long as you have a "regular" car insured with them they are pretty reasonable with "toy" cars. My '72 Chevelle is @ $155/year for $50/$100/$50, $500 deductible comp and collision and an appraised value coverage of $20,000. Unlimited miles/usage. Luckily I've yet to file a claim so no comment on their service.

Gary Anderson

03CVLX
08-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I am through Hagerty on my GP. Rate is about the same $150.00 dollars a year for about the same coverage as stated by Gary above. Never filed a claim either so not sure on service.

JC70SS
08-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Hagerty is the only place I would deal with.