PDA

View Full Version : Keep A Look Out For This Car! Stolen!!

Slow Joe
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Alright everyone, one of my good friends car was stolen last night. It sucks that her car was stolen (She's a single mother of 3...) I'm not asking for donations or anything, just hope that someone might find/see her car.

It's a '99 Dodge Intrepid, and it's Cinnamon (dark gold) in color and has tinted windows. It's a base model car with hub caps, nothing special. It was stolen from around 5th and National sometime last evening after midnight.

License Plate #: 279-DKP
VIN: 2B3HD46R5XH535238

Distinguishing marks: slight dent on drivers side rear door.

There was no insurance on the car, so any help would be great. The only thing that sucks is that it's probably stripped down and gone!

PureSound15
08-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Bad things always happen to people who don't deserve it.

carkid0101
08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
no insurance... mighta deserved it, comon....

i will keep an eye out though

Lash
08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
no insurance... mighta deserved it

Single mother of 3.....

gotta do what you gotta do. Insurance money may mean more food for her kids mouths.

slvr2000stang
08-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Damn Joe that sucks.

moels
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey Joe, I hope she gets it back. Gotta have insurance though, that could ruin a person financially.

HITMAN
08-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey Joe, I hope she gets it back. Gotta have insurance though, that could ruin a person financially.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree here. You've got to at least have some liability insurance. One accident and she'd have a helluva lot more to worry about than whether or not the kids eat McDonald's or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

While not required in this state, if you have no insurance and you are involved in an accident where you might be at least partially culpable, if someone files a damage or injury claim, the state will come after you to put up a deposit of the total sum being claimed. If you can't put up the deposit, the state WILL REVOKE your license and your registration as well, for at least a year. If, in the mean time, you get things settled with the other party/parties, you can then appeal to the state to reinstate you, or at least give you an occupational license. No matter what though, the state WILL make you get insurance before reinstatement, and the only insurance you will be able to get for at least a year is SR22 insurance. That's cheap... :rolleyes: Plus the state requires you to maintain said insurance for 2 years or they'll revoke your sh*t again...:hump2:

One fender bender is all it takes for the state to treat you worse than a drunk driver...:punch: Can you imagine what it would be like if you were involved in an injury accident? To say nothing of what would happen to you if you lose the lawsuit that you will inevitably be involved in. Lawyer fees, court costs, judgments, jury awards - both actual damages and punative... :puke If it was bad enough, she could be looking at wage garnishment for the rest of her life. Then who is going to feed her kids? Welfare? Phuck that noise...

In the long run, it's MUCH cheaper to do the responsible thing and get the insurance, than to chance it...;)

How do I know all of this? Let's just say I know two different people that it's happened to...

fireguyrick
08-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey hitman, liability insurance IS required in the state of Wisconsin. That or you have to have some form filled out showing that you have a significant amount of money set aside JUST in case.

From the WI Commissioner of Insurance office's website

Wisconsin has a financial responsibility law. It is designed to make sure that any motorist licensed to drive in Wisconsin has insurance or enough money to pay for damages to others that may be caused by a motor vehicle. These requirements may be met through a motor vehicle liability insurance policy, a surety bond, personal funds, or certificate of self-insurance. Details are available at the Department of Transportation, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Hill Farms State Office Building, 4802 Sheboygan Ave., Madison, WI 53702.

Also:

If you decide to satisfy the requirements of the Wisconsin Financial Responsibility Law by buying auto insurance, your policy must provide the following minimum liability coverage:

$25,000 for injury or death of one person;
$50,000 for injury or death of two or more people; and
$10,000 for property damage.
The law also requires uninsured motorist coverage of $25,000/$50,000 for bodily injury liability coverage only.

I hope she gets the car back, but I also hope she learns something from this regarding insurance.

Rick

HITMAN
08-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey hitman, liability insurance IS required in the state of Wisconsin. That or you have to have some form filled out showing that you have a significant amount of money set aside JUST in case.

Read that item from the Commissioner again. It's an "either, or" deal. It might be required on the books but it's not enforced until after the fact. Have you ever been asked by a cop for your insurance card in this state? No. In Illinois and other states where proof of insurance is TRULY required before operating a motor vehicle, if you are stopped for even a minor traffic violation and you can't produce proof of insurance, you're in deep sh*t and you had better have packed a Snickers bar, because you're not going anywhere for a while...

The only time you you find out how the law works in this state is after the fact. You could drive your whole life in this state without insurance, and unless you had an accident you would never be bothered by the state. But have that accident and have someone file a claim against you, and you'll find out about the state requirements the hard way. Trust me on this...:(

fireguyrick
08-11-2006, 12:18 AM
It might be required on the books but it's not enforced until after the fact....The only time you you find out how the law works in this state is after the fact. You could drive your whole life in this state without insurance, and unless you had an accident you would never be bothered by the state. But have that accident and have someone file a claim against you, and you'll find out about the state requirements the hard way. Trust me on this...:(

This I agree with 110%. I was merely pointing out that having insurance or some other specific way to pay if need be is actually required.

Rick

danwaite
08-11-2006, 12:51 AM
???What about the car that was stolen getting off topic here guys, hehe

HITMAN
08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
???What about the car that was stolen getting off topic here guys, hehe

Unless the cops find it, she's SOL.

danwaite
08-11-2006, 12:56 AM
yup, sad but true.

HITMAN
08-11-2006, 01:02 AM
This I agree with 110%. I was merely pointing out that having insurance or some other specific way to pay if need be is actually required.

Rick

I gotcha. I just want people to know that unless you dig for the information like you just did, you'll never know what the real deal is unless somebody tells you, or until you have an accident. And even though uninformed, ignorance of the law is no defense in WI. As Leo Getz once said "They fvck you at the drive through..."

subliminal1284
08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I just had to learn the hard way, I just got into an accident and I just regiestered the car and had no insurance luckily no one was hurt and everyone was made to sign a paper saying they werent hurt.I dont know whats gonna happen now but I know for sure Insurance is a must. I hope your friend finds her car.

Slow Joe
08-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Ok, I'll take this as no good leads...

52isntbigenough
08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Single mother of 3.....

gotta do what you gotta do. Insurance money may mean more food for her kids mouths.

And she hits somebody, hurts them or worse..then what? I work 2 jobs to afford the things I have.

PB86MCSS
08-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Aren't Intrepids/Sebrings one of the more commonly stolen vehicles? A co-worker of mine was at a wedding earlier this summer at the domes where an Intrepid was stolen too from someone with him. My understanding is that they are easy to drive away with...hopefully it was just someone wanting the car to get around in and then ditch it somewhere, not sure if they are that desireable for parts or anything :confused .

RanJer
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Just curious.. whereabouts was this stolen from? could help? a lot of the time cars dont go too far.. from what ive seen...

Slow Joe
08-11-2006, 10:25 AM
The car was stolen from 5th & National

DirtyMax
08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
The car was stolen from 5th & National

It's probably not far from there. Alot of stolens are recovered in the 13-16th St. and Lincoln-National vicinity.

I have to go to a client on 6th and National this afternoon. Hope I don't end up walking home... I brought e vehicle I don't want to get stolen :(

SpdRcrZ
08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I guess Intrepids really are easy to steal....... the old lady we picked up our's from said it was her second one..... the first got stolen at Mayfair Mall.

Hope they find her car.

Slow Joe
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah, she's hoping that someone just took it for a joyride and decided to ditch it somewhere... It's not like it's a desirable car... It's a '99 Intrepid, a little battered up, woman driven and child tested :rolf, 170k on the clock, 2.7L V6 and an Automatic Transmission... Nothing Special at all! I'm suprised the thing still ran... And that they got in, saw the odometer and didn't just walk away... :rolf

KillerTA
08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
.........should've had an alarm. PEACE OUT!

KillerTA
08-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree here. You've got to at least have some liability insurance. One accident and she'd have a helluva lot more to worry about than whether or not the kids eat McDonald's or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

While not required in this state, if you have no insurance and you are involved in an accident where you might be at least partially culpable, if someone files a damage or injury claim, the state will come after you to put up a deposit of the total sum being claimed. If you can't put up the deposit, the state WILL REVOKE your license and your registration as well, for at least a year. If, in the mean time, you get things settled with the other party/parties, you can then appeal to the state to reinstate you, or at least give you an occupational license. No matter what though, the state WILL make you get insurance before reinstatement, and the only insurance you will be able to get for at least a year is SR22 insurance. That's cheap... :rolleyes: Plus the state requires you to maintain said insurance for 2 years or they'll revoke your sh*t again...:hump2:

One fender bender is all it takes for the state to treat you worse than a drunk driver...:punch: Can you imagine what it would be like if you were involved in an injury accident? To say nothing of what would happen to you if you lose the lawsuit that you will inevitably be involved in. Lawyer fees, court costs, judgments, jury awards - both actual damages and punative... :puke If it was bad enough, she could be looking at wage garnishment for the rest of her life. Then who is going to feed her kids? Welfare? Phuck that noise...

In the long run, it's MUCH cheaper to do the responsible thing and get the insurance, than to chance it...;)

How do I know all of this? Let's just say I know two different people that it's happened to...
No one here needs a lecture from you, know it all.

HITMAN
08-13-2006, 12:16 AM
No one here needs a lecture from you, know it all.

No one here needs you, know-nothing. Period.

BTW, nice rep, and in a meager 65 posts, to boot.:thumbsup

I'll tell you what, phucktard, next time your opinion is needed, I'll beat it out of you.:punch:

KillerTA
08-13-2006, 12:19 AM
No one here needs you, know-nothing. Period.

BTW, nice rep, and in a meager 65 posts, to boot.:thumbsup

I'll tell you what, phucktard, next time your opinion is needed, I'll beat it out of you.:punch:
Next time my opinions neede you'll probably think of me and beat off.

phucktard:rolf are you in 4th grade already?

TURTLE
08-13-2006, 12:22 AM
phucktard:rolf are you in 4th grade already?

4th grade, that's what... 4 ahead of where you graduated?:durr

KillerTA
08-13-2006, 12:26 AM
4th grade, that's what... 4 ahead of where you graduated?:durr
If by 4 ahead of where I graduated you mean bachelor's degree, then yes.

HITMAN
08-13-2006, 12:41 AM
A Bachelors degree? From where? What sort of school would give a cretin like you a degree? In what field is this awesome degree? Art History? Political Science? I know, it's probably Philosophy or something else equally useless.

Let's match intellects, Peewee. Go on, give me your best shot. To paraphrase Rush Limbaugh, I'll even tie half my brain behind my back, just to make it fair...:thumbsup

danwaite
08-13-2006, 01:29 AM
lol off topic again btw killerta, your ..... special.

Slow Joe
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
KillerTA is gunna get some neg rep when/if I can give him some soon...

Her car was recovered. But it's battered :-( Steering column = busted, passengers side door handle = messed up... contents = stolen (except for her dildo case :rolf and her dealer plate... yes folks they took the dildo!), there was some "white substance" all over the drivers, passengers and rear seats, radio is gone, I guess it drives like it has square tires, and don't turn well...

So anyone know where to get a steering column for one of these things??:rolf :durr

hrsp
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
(except for her dildo case ..wtf thats funny ass sh5t...

where was it found?

danwaite
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Glad to hear you got it back, to bad it's messed up. Good luck on the search for parts.

PB86MCSS
08-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Also curious where it was recovered. Glad it was found in one peice and driveable, could of been worse...cars are common enough, surely some junkyards in the area have them on hand.

danwaite
08-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Als in franklin has buttloads of them.

88Nightmare
08-14-2006, 06:58 AM
was this white substance in the car powder or a creamy liquid of some sort? if it was powder, it was surely crack, or crack laced with ajax depending on the poverty level. if it wasn't powder, then given the situation with the dildo, I think we can figure out what it might be..... :D

Slow Joe
08-14-2006, 09:10 AM
She said it was "gross white stuff" so I'm assuming it's not crack... :rolf And it was found on N. 33rd Street.

juicedimpss
08-14-2006, 09:20 AM
there was some "white substance" all over the drivers, passengers and rear seats,

i think id burn the car.
prob some aids infested dna in there.

GRAMPS SS
08-14-2006, 09:38 AM
KillerTA is gunna get some neg rep when/if I can give him some soon...

Her car was recovered. But it's battered :-( Steering column = busted, passengers side door handle = messed up... contents = stolen (except for her dildo case :rolf and her dealer plate... yes folks they took the dildo!), there was some "white substance" all over the drivers, passengers and rear seats, radio is gone, I guess it drives like it has square tires, and don't turn well...

So anyone know where to get a steering column for one of these things??:rolf :durr

your in germantown...call kirakahn on pioneer rd...or go to the body shop on pilgrim rd next to the general store..what road is that old fond du lac and see if they can fix it...some body shops do fix them...but kirakahn junk yard may have the part and they deliver...5 min from germantown...

Slow Joe
08-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I should of just thought of Kirchhayn... They use to take alof of our junk...

Oh and she was bored so she steam cleaned and sanatized the interior to get the "white stuff" out... I guess she made a 6 hour project washing and cleaning then doing it over again to make sure whatever it was is dead and gone :rolf