PDA

View Full Version : Holy ****

Slow Joe
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

Uhhhh not again... Why is everyone always aiming for us?

nismodave
08-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Yup, woke up to this this morning.

Good job ENGLAND!!!!!

Slow Joe
08-10-2006, 10:04 AM
One of my friends was like "hey do you watch the news" I was like "no" he was like... "DUDE!!! Go to CNN.com, some **** is goi down!!"

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Saw that.

Why is everyone always aiming for us. Simple, they hate us. Alot.

nismodave
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Saw that.

Why is everyone always aiming for us. Simple, they hate us. Alot.

People with no Freedom, hate people with it.

BAD LS1
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM

Yup.. they be sippin' on that hateraid, and eating them hatercakes... thats what will happen from that haha

GRAMPS SS
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
[
QUOTE=nismodave]People with no Freedom, hate people with it

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 10:15 AM

USA!!!
Lets take flying, for instance, as of this morning...
All cell phones, laptops, and iPods must be checked.
No fluids except for medicine and baby formula allowed.
Delays up to 4 hours at major airports.
Makes you wonder if they haven't already won.
:rolleyes:

Also...according to major news outlets, the gov't has been working on this for months.
We find out about it now?
Right before a major election?
The cheese is bad...

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Our freedom rocks.

Them possibly dropping 10 planes from the sky with 200-300+ people on them would be worse.

That degree of heightened security will pass.

Having used to fly up to 100,000+ miles a year, those waits sound long but they happen almost everyday.

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
They hate us cause we don't let Mel Gibson run this country.

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Also...according to major news outlets, the gov't has been working on this for months.
The cheese is bad...

My guess is they wanted to make sure what they had was legitimate.

Look at those crazy cooks they arrested in Miami because they wanted to blow up the Sears Tower. They had no more ability to explode a paper bag, let alone the tower and it made the government look a bit silly.

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
USA!!!

The cheese is bad...

Yeah sucks I can't take my shampoo on the plane with me. I'd rather just be blown up :rolleyes:

I don't understand the second part. What should the govt announce it, so the terrorists can get a heads up and move locations or change plans? Maybe I've seen too many movies, but last time I checked it's easier to capture someone when they don't know you're coming.

nismodave
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
USA!!!

The cheese is bad...

Oh wait.......Thats right, we should let the Public know about a operation aimed to catch Terrorists.

From CNN.........

"Today, Government agents bugged a known terrorists apartment at 3646 W. Franks St. New York, New York. Officials have asked the public not to tell anyone, in fear that he might find out."

As far as Airports, I have flown over a dozen times since 9/11. The waits are minimal if you get there early enough.:)

FANAT1C
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM

:haveabeer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/theFANATIC/patriot.gif

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
So...this ISN'T a victory for the other side?
My bad...
Maybe the extinction of everything that made this country great is a GOOD thing.
Fall into line...sheeple.
:thumbsup

88Nightmare
08-10-2006, 10:43 AM
i like the mel gibsen comment lol

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
So...this ISN'T a victory for the other side?
My bad...
Maybe the extinction of everything that made this country great is a GOOD thing.
Fall into line...sheeple.
:thumbsup

Inconvience > being dead.

I'm kinda goofy that way. I can deal with standing in line a little longer, over having my **** blown up. Call me a kook.

nismodave
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Call me a kook.

You are a cook.:rolf

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
I am not trying to incite a riot, but merely posting a reaction.
This is MY REACTION, so if you don't like it, you are in luck, because you are not me.
Either way...these men were English citizens, and this is serious zhit.
I have to fly quite a bit for work.
Having my cell phone in my bag is going to suck, truly, and I HAVE to fly with a laptop, which will also be in my bag.
The bag will be searched by theives(who are going to have a heyday with this) and then tossed on a cart and stacked in a hold.
If your bag is lost, so is your phone, wallet, keys, iPod, etc.
All flights from UK to USA are on red alert, so if you sneeze while in midair, you will be subject to a full cavity search.
Offer your fuggin' hate if you like, but combined with the wiretapping, the gas, etc...things are not good.

Knyghtmare
08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Was at work... misread part of the article... so... nevermind.

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree things are not good. But the alternative is worse. Face it the times they are a changing. If we don't do something now, soon we won't be able to drive our hot rods to burger joints.

Quite frankly this will improve air travel IMO. I'm tired of the jackasses with their ridiculous carry-on bags that should never be allowed on the plane in the first place.

Teufelhunden
08-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Having my cell phone in my bag is going to suck, truly, and I HAVE to fly with a laptop, which will also be in my bag.
The bag will be searched by theives(who are going to have a heyday with this) and then tossed on a cart and stacked in a hold.
If your bag is lost, so is your phone, wallet, keys, iPod, etc.

The new ban on all liquids and gels from carry-on luggage -- including toothpaste, makeup, perfume and suntan lotion -- left people with little choice but to throw away juice boxes, makeup and, for one passenger, even a bottle of tequila. Baby formula and medicines were exempt but had to be inspected.

Rather than packing toiletries in carry-ons, airport officials asked passengers to put them in checked baggage, which is screened by equipment that can detect explosives, said Phil Orlandella, spokesman for Boston's Logan International Airport. Unless you keep your wallet, keys, iPod, etc...in a shampoo bottle I don't see the problem man. I travel for work too. Laptop screening hasn't changed much since pre-9/11.

Where does it say their going to ban cell phones as carry-ons? Link me.

It just plain sucks to be traveling today, but as everyone has said, the alternative is worse.

EDIT: I've got two co-workers trying to get back from Europe today. One from Germany and the other London. I don't even want to think about what could have happened.

Flicktitty
08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
:haveabeer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/theFANATIC/patriot.gif

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Unless you keep your wallet, keys, iPod, etc...in a shampoo bottle I don't see the problem man. I travel for work too. Laptop screening hasn't changed much since pre-9/11.

Where does it say their going to ban cell phones as carry-ons? Link me.

It just plain sucks to be traveling today, but as everyone has said, the alternative is worse.

EDIT: I've got two co-workers trying to get back from Europe today. One from Germany and the other London. I don't even want to think about what could have happened.

Thought I heard it on CNN...
It's on in the lounge and I check often...
I have been wrong before...a lot...

Yooformula
08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
things may not be good but I plead with you to offer a solution not just criticism. I am open to different ways of going about stopping this but until I hear something different that actually could work, I'm ok with a little inconvenience.

Teufelhunden
08-10-2006, 12:09 PM
and just a thought....

I wonder if the terrorists were planning for this to go down tomorrow, 8/11?

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
There was an article somewhere about 8/22 being a date that was being mentioned. I'll see if I can find it.

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Terror reaches The Buckeye State (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207795,00.html)

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Terror reaches The Buckeye State (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207795,00.html)

Thats not terror. There are drug dealers in town with more phones and cash than that in there car along with guns.

Just because someone's name is Osama doesn't mean he is a terrorist. I am sure they were up to something, but it doesn't mean they were plotting to blow up the country.

Anyway, rant off.

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
This thing gets odder and odder

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/explosive_gel_t.html

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
This thing gets odder and odder

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/explosive_gel_t.html

that's easy to deal with. Make the bastards they caught drink it. Then tell them they are free to go. When they get 100ft away give them a call on their phones. :thumbsup

JakeJeske
08-10-2006, 02:20 PM
wow, hope they dont ban MP3 players.

nismodave
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Lets take care of some other issues in the air too.

I say, ban babies. Fvcking crying the whole flight.

Or people with DVD players that do not use headphones.

Or people that think they need to scream when they talk.

Or people that dont cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough.

Or people that bring carry ons that barely fir in the overhead and take 10 min to get them in.

Karps TA
08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Add to that skinny people who hog the armrest away from us fat people who already have no room. lol

H8RADE
08-10-2006, 02:54 PM
People who think I give a fawk about who they are visiting and why.
Those same people who interrogate you after boring you to tears.
The captain who needs to tell me that his PB&J has the crusts cut off today, which reminds him of his childhood growing up in St. Louis, which is now visible to passengers on the left side of the aircraft...or 'port' for you nautical types.

Goat Roper
08-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Or having your flight delayed because killer bees took over a luggage wagon outside your aircraft

True story