PDA

View Full Version : What will this really do for gas prices?

BAD LS1
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Some of you may have read this: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=481607

It's about Doyle demanding a dropping of a fuel mark up tax on ethanol blended fuels....

Im personally a fan of blended fuels vs pure petroleum, mainly in light of my experiments of E-85 with my own vehicle so far, and the fact that even if only 10% of that blend is ethanol, at least it comes from the states!! And relys less on the big oil markets.

So far it looks like its only for county's that require blended fuels, everywhere else doesn't get a break...

Could this liberal have came up with a really good idea here? or is its just BS...

88Nightmare
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
ethanol corrodes. I dont like it. ethanol possibly causes MPG loss. It also costs more to manufacture than straight petroleum, giving them another reason to add more taxes to it.

52isntbigenough
08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
For his next trick Doyle is going to toot his own horn....I hate this hooomooo.

88Nightmare
08-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I hate gas prices.

BAD LS1
08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
For his next trick Doyle is going to toot his own horn....I hate this hooomooo.

LOL another reason why im republican...

But the ethanol gives us an option at least, something to potentially break up the monopoly in the future... call me optomistic haha

Besides, the small percentage of people who have OLDER cars will be affected by the ethanol, everything newish can deal with it just fine, no corrosion or melted plastic parts etc...

52isntbigenough
08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I hate gas prices.

There's a depressing country song that's out...."I hate everything". Pretty much sums up my thoughts. on everything.

CruxGNZ
08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
ethanol possibly causes MPG loss.
Wrong. It does cause a loss in miles per gallon of fuel compared to gas. It's a fact.

Flight_740
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Doyle = the suck.

animal
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
LOL another reason why im republican...

But the ethanol gives us an option at least, something to potentially break up the monopoly in the future... call me optomistic haha

Besides, the small percentage of people who have OLDER cars will be affected by the ethanol, everything newish can deal with it just fine, no corrosion or melted plastic parts etc...

Heh, I found leaded 93 for my "old car" :D

But what kind of republican are you if you're trying to break up monopolies? :devil

BAD LS1
08-09-2006, 02:24 PM
LOL Good point Dave! I guess its just my heavily hidden feminine side (liberal side) getting the best of me and speaking on the topic of breaking up monopolies LOL

Just as the cost of premium nears $4.00/gal im starting to get even more pissed off everytime i fill either of my cars. Since the teenage babe behind the counter is basically taking my money with a ski mask and a gun!! Not even a thanks or a ball tickle from it!

animal
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
LOL Good point Dave! I guess its just my heavily hidden feminine side (liberal side) getting the best of me and speaking on the topic of breaking up monopolies LOL

Just as the cost of premium nears $4.00/gal im starting to get even more pissed off everytime i fill either of my cars. Since the teenage babe behind the counter is basically taking my money with a ski mask and a gun!! Not even a thanks or a ball tickle from it!

Eh, I kinda came to grips with it yesterday. To me, it's still be worth $100 tank to drive my ride... and at $5/gal that's all it would cost me. I'll prolly hold off bitching til a tank costs me $110. :D

I'll just switch from guiness to leines, and mller to keystone or something :goof

Lash
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
It dosent matter anyway...

ethanol is not the answer to the "bigger" problem.

Karps TA
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm annoyed more by the fact there is a minimum gas mark up.

animal
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
It dosent matter anyway...

ethanol is not the answer to the "bigger" problem.

Is the bigger problem "where do I go for gas when 72lb injectors aren't enough" ?? :goof

BAD LS1
08-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Mitchell field.

Lash
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Is the bigger problem "where do I go for gas when 72lb injectors aren't enough" ?? :goof

That may be a bigger problem than the "bigger" problem. :thumbsup

animal
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Mitchell field.

Heh. Good call, will they just let me in with a credit card?

68RR440
08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Heh, I found leaded 93 for my "old car" :D

:wow
Do you care to share the location?

DirtyMax
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Heh. Good call, will they just let me in with a credit card?

Just climb the fence with a few gas cans and help yerself'. They're pretty lax at the airports nowadays. :goof :devil

H8RADE
08-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Ethanol burns differently, and will cause a loss of MPG and a little power, even though the octane rating is higher.
You need to decide if the loss of MPG outweighs the cheaper cost, especially for E85.
Ethanol pits aluminum, and my motor is aluminum, so I will stick with E10 until I see long term tests on engines.
FFV vehicles have tanks and lines built to handle the corrosive nature of ethanol.
Additionally, the majority of FFV vehicles aren't 'tuned' for their destination after they roll off the line.
Most newer FFV ECUs have settings for E0, E10, E70, and E85, but rarely are corrected at the dealer after they roll off the truck.

johnny--2k
08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Ethanol burns differently, and will cause a loss of MPG and a little power, even though the octane rating is higher.
You need to decide if the loss of MPG outweighs the cheaper cost, especially for E85.
Ethanol pits aluminum, and my motor is aluminum, so I will stick with E10 until I see long term tests on engines.
FFV vehicles have tanks and lines built to handle the corrosive nature of ethanol.
Additionally, the majority of FFV vehicles aren't 'tuned' for their destination after they roll off the line.
Most newer FFV ECUs have settings for E0, E10, E70, and E85, but rarely are corrected at the dealer after they roll off the truck.

I have to agree here. When I went to colorado, they dont have ethanol (actually even as close as Iowa) and even with the 6000 foot altitude and 91 octane, my gas mileage increased vs what it is here.....

animal
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
:wow
Do you care to share the location?

27th and edgerton... right on the corner, there's one pump for it.
Need a gascan though... just fyi.

animal
08-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Just climb the fence with a few gas cans and help yerself'. They're pretty lax at the airports nowadays. :goof :devil

Hmm, can you stand by with the hot air balloon for a getaway lex-luthor style?

68RR440
08-09-2006, 04:53 PM
27th and edgerton... right on the corner, there's one pump for it.
Need a gascan though... just fyi.

Feature Pony
08-09-2006, 05:19 PM

its premium gas and its only like $.75 more a gallon than unleaded, a great buy by far!!!