PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new residential HVAC job................

awsomeears
08-08-2006, 03:05 PM
9 months of furnace and a/c installs. A year would feel more professional to say, but I'm done at the place I'm at. Today was the last straw with my boss. I really hate starting new jobs because of the Buddy's I have made but hey you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I have installed a handfull of A/C's including sheet metal, line sets, Nitrogen, vac'n down the whole install.

For furnaces I have made about 10 - 12 transition that fit perfect and really looked MINT :thumbsup

Over 50 or 60 kick ass looking boots and drops 8 x 20:headbang

My sheet metal skills are pretty decent considering ive never touched it since 4 months ago, as long as I do sheet metal here and there and keep my brain clicking ill do fine :thumbsup If I dont make any sheet metal for a month or so then ill ask some questions.:D

What I'm looking for is a company that understands or accepts the time I have put in field and will continue to train me :thumbsup

In the next week or so I will have all my own hand tools (ordering and ebaying as i type :) ), I do not have a/c gauges or a micron meters, this is somthing I believe the company should have. If not then I may have to purchase my own.

I'm certified to handle freon or buy it ( Type II )

Currently going to MATC and have one class left, WILL be done after x-mass :headbang

Theres more to me and more to talk about but this is just a quick post :thumbsup

I wont mention my place of work because stuff fly's around like wild fire in the resi business so I have seen:rolf

Hope this is the right place to put this, if not move it :thumbsup

PM me with any info or questions :thumbsup

Lash
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Pm'd

U
N
I
O
N

L
O
C
A
L

:D Seriously...give em a call.

http://www.smwlu18.org/milwaukee.htm

Brian98GTP
08-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Hahaha... Didnt we all talk about this same topic 4 or 5 times already? LOL

You keep asking, we keep telling... Call the Local Union! :goof :rolf

Greg@GLD
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Check your PM's...

awsomeears
08-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Hahaha... Didnt we all talk about this same topic 4 or 5 times already? LOL

You keep asking, we keep telling... Go Union! :goof :rolf

Yes sir you are correct :wow im calling kurt nickel to get some forms. By no means do I hate what I do, I actually like it.

4 times we talked about it, 5 is stretching it :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Korndogg
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
im still on the 601 waiting list....i was up to number 6 and then got dropped to number 10. so i am also looking for a non union job at the moment...not to take anything away from you tho lol

Lash
08-08-2006, 05:53 PM
im still on the 601 waiting list....i was up to number 6 and then got dropped to number 10. so i am also looking for a non union job at the moment...not to take anything away from you tho lol

See...the problem is that you are part of that in between part of 601. Not really a steamfitter.....but not sheetmetal. You are basicaly a service fitter...right?

Steamfitting should be picking up soon with the power plant and all.

i was up to number 6 and then got dropped to number 10.

Did you call and complain???? Squeaky wheel gets the....

Korndogg
08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
im on the steamfitting list...

and how can i complain?? you get knocked down when someone tests higher than you.

Lash
08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
im on the steamfitting list...

and how can i complain?? you get knocked down when someone tests higher than you.

They didnt even place you between testing periods?

Korndogg
08-08-2006, 09:17 PM
i started at number 9..went up to 6 and now im back down to 10

52isntbigenough
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
WH Jacklin is a commercial HVAC company. Call them.

TransAm12sec
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Would Craigslist help?