PDA

View Full Version : Bcm Is On Tmj Am News Radio!

Yooformula
08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
They are now discussing our role in the cruising issues on am620. SOMEONE CALL IN OUR SIDE.

In addition, they are running a segment on Brew Cirty Muscle and cruising on WTMJ tonight. I wonder how long before the poo hits the fan now.....

Goat Roper
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Let me try and find a number for them

JC70SS
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
On channel 4 tonight?

Greg@GLD
08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
414-799-1234

but segment ends in 4 minutes

Goat Roper
08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Studio Line: 414-799-1234 (CALL OUR TALK SHOWS)

Norlight Telecommunications Toll-Free Line: 1-800-877-1620
(CALL OUR TALK SHOWS FROM THROUGHOUT THE MIDWEST):

US Cellular Toll-Free Line (CALL OUR TALK SHOWS): *TMJ

Contest Line: 414-799-1620 (CONTESTS ONLY)

Studio Fax Line: 414-967-5562 (FAX OUR TALK SHOWS)

Loyal Listener Line: 414-967-5424
(MAKE PROGRAM COMMENTS AND GET ALL KINDS OF INTERESTING INFORMATION ABOUT WTMJ AND OUR CONTESTS)

nismodave
08-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I just turned on the radio.........They have moved on.

Goat Roper
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
yep, i just started streaming it, nothing

Greg@GLD
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
So what was the dialog about? Anyone hear it?

juicedimpss
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
i missed it too

jbiscuit
someone got the cliff notes?

Goat Roper
Maybe it will be on the podcast he spoke of

Myles
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
no i just checked the podcast, its not recording, just about the pipeline in alaska.

Yooformula
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
They were asking if we should be held liable for things that go on at Culvers and the cruising issues that take place.

Some callers suggested that we just make theme nights and get over it and that the cops should be controlling it and telling us and culvers what to do. There was a mixed response, Jeff seemed to side with us a bit but supported more sanctions from the police mainly in ticketing and towing of vehicles that cruise. And then we have the episode about to aire tonight which I didnt know about until people called me today to say that they saw it on tv. "Whatd you do to get thrown out?" was the 1st call I got........

Here was my response. I know I didnt cover enough but I was rushed to get as much out as possible.

"Hello, Jeff. I heard your show today about the hwy 100 cruisers and I just wanted to point out that the Brew City Muscle group does not condone cruising. We are a group of mature car enthusiats that enjoy just hanging out and talking. We dont engage in the cruising and having a sponsor like Culver's helps us to get the cruisers off of the streets. We have hosted numerous car shows in the area to help rpromote safe driving and responsible actions by those that engage in this hobby and lifestyle of ours. Truth be told, we didnt organize this car show, we were just invited to attend to show our support for the late model car community. Other groups in the area attend as welll and we have all managed to clean up the lot and keep our members organized and well behaved. Opportunities like this dont come around too often so we have taken a great deal of time to assist the show's organizers and the Culver's management in maintaining a safe area for car owners to mingle. The true problem is the mentality of some drivers on hwy 100 that drive recklessly and endanger people. Those people should be ticketed and towed, as we have no tolerance for them as well. Most of the members in our group are mature family members that own homes and take a great deal of pride in their cars and dont want anything to happen to them either. We also dont need tickets or to be harrased for enjoying an evening with our families at Culver's."

Slow Joe
08-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Wow, so wait, they were ripping on BCM members for cruising?? Or?? Anyone know??

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Your a couple of day's late, because this was already a topic on local radio and local t.v stations. I believe there was a small article pertaining to the "Culvers situation" on specific days.

I havent been down to Culvers or have hardly been down to hway for that matter. I think like usual a bunch of rotten apples spoils the bunch AGAIN.

I've read all the post's on Culvers and it sounded like a good group of BCM'ers were doing a damn fine job keeping garbage away and righting wrongs from morons, let alone keeping it clean.

It's strange how priorities change so drastically. First it's the Capital dr. cruisers. Then the Lake Shore rejects, "fighting, drug's, vandalizm etc" and now hway.

There focus should not be on cruising or cars, although as Yoo said, no one here condones "stupidity". The law enforcement in the area needs to go out and do more important things.

My 2cents...Jon........

jbiscuit
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
look how the truth has ALREADY been twisted. It went from BCM organzing and running this nuthouse of a Culvers car show to being crazy cruisers! :rolf. Give it a couple more days and BCM will be labeled as gun-toting thugs that have robbed banks, knocked up virgins and slapped old people

Myles
08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
eh, i figured if you are going to be labled improperly, you might as well be labled with style.

juicedimpss
08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Give it a couple more days and BCM will be labeled as gun-toting thugs that have robbed banks, knocked up virgins and slapped old people

i thought that was initiation to get on bcm?
:rolf

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
They need to focus on the the criminals like the ones who keep robbing fast food restaurants..

This topic alway's comes up. I've seen so many carshow's on stations like Spike, Speed, Espn etc, and there are so many states that have cruising. There is no such thing as a spot where 100% of the drivers are responsible, thats like saying Bill Clinton didnt stick cigars into Monicas pooty..

Today it's BCM, tommorow it will be something else. Hell, if Jeff Wagner is talking about BCM, he is getting crossed and mixed signals from whiners, IMHO.

Karps TA
08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
The way to fix BCM's name is to say you all drive Harley's instead of musclecars. Then they will not only clear your name but give you the key to the city.

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
look how the truth has ALREADY been twisted. It went from BCM organzing and running this nuthouse of a Culvers car show to being crazy cruisers! :rolf. Give it a couple more days and BCM will be labeled as gun-toting thugs that have robbed banks, knocked up virgins and slapped old peopleThe police cheif even said it's not what go's on in the culver's
lot but off....

Slow Joe
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Give it a couple more days and BCM will be labeled as gun-toting thugs that have robbed banks, knocked up virgins and slapped old people

Wait a second, isn't that why we're here?? Right Juiced?? Damn it, I musta joined the wrong club... :durr :rolf :rolf

animal
Heh, think of all the new users coming that we don't want here.

BAN ALL NEWBS NOW!! :goof

Karps TA
The police cheif even said it's not what go's on in the culver's
lot but off....

West Allis has probably the highest amount of Domestic Abuse calls in the area. Last time I checked they didn't close down weddings.

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
The way to fix BCM's name is to say you all drive Harley's instead of musclecars. Then they will not only clear your name but give you the key to the city.

x2:rolf

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
The way to fix BCM's name is to say you all drive Harley's instead of musclecars. Then they will not only clear your name but give you the key to the city. Speaking of Harley's remember the 100th Ann in West Allis
there were so many loud Harley's, louder than most muscle cars, I'm not bad mouthing the Harley's but West Allis is the Harley capitol of the world. (Your above statements I stand by 100%) Which brings up the stereotyping Harley'
can stay the rest go away.....

Goat Roper
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
West Allis has probably the highest amount of Domestic Abuse calls in the area. Last time I checked they didn't close down weddings.

+1 :rolf

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
West Allis has probably the highest amount of Domestic Abuse calls in the area. Last time I checked they didn't close down weddings.Good one and true actually West Allis has more crime
than Milwaukee population to population ratio....

Karps TA
08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I saw things at the Harley 100, that I couldn't believe cops allowed to go on.

This is like my point on the EAA Airventures show. Culvers had a couple fights over a few weeks and West Allis shuts it down. EAA show yearly has around 10 deaths and theres not even a comment about that.

I admit I haven't gone to the Culvers show. To be honest with you I have no desire to get anywhere near Hwy 100 at night. I got hassled enough 15 years ago to last me a lifetime of dealing with either police force.

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I saw things at the Harley 100, that I couldn't believe cops allowed to go on.

This is like my point on the EAA Airventures show. Culvers had a couple fights over a few weeks and West Allis shuts it down. EAA show yearly has around 10 deaths and theres not even a comment about that.

Who runs the EAA?

Lash
08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
This is going to turn into a BIG mess.

Silver350
08-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Just want to state comparing the Harley 100 to HWY 100 is two completly different matters. Yes the cops let a lot of stuff go for the week of the 100th. If you were at any of the 100th block parties. I would say the cops were out number 100 to 1. 10,000 + bikers out riding and drinking = no good out come either way. Plus they were only hear for a week and then all is quiet. HWY cruising has been going on for decades.

I agree that both had their problems and the a lot of stuff got let go for the 100th but, it was only for a short period and when you have citizens complaining about the cruising every weekend night of course the cops are going to try to get it to stop.

Yooformula
08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Your a couple of day's late, because this was already a topic on local radio and local t.v stations. I believe there was a small article pertaining to the "Culvers situation" on specific days.......

Jon, not sure if you noticed but the broadcast was live when I posted it this afternoon. It wasnt prerecorded. Do you have a link or know where the tv coverage was?

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
This is going to turn into a BIG mess.I fixed them if
you were referring to me....

DirtyMax
08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Who runs the EAA?

The EAA itself. EAA is an actual company.

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Just want to state comparing the Harley 100 to HWY 100 is two completly different matters. Yes the cops let a lot of stuff go for the week of the 100th. If you were at any of the 100th block parties. I would say the cops were out number 100 to 1. 10,000 + bikers out riding and drinking = no good out come either way. Plus they were only hear for a week and then all is quiet. HWY cruising has been going on for decades.

I agree that both had their problems and the a lot of stuff got let go for the 100th but, it was only for a short period and when you have citizens complaining about the cruising every weekend night of course the cops are going to try to get it to stop.] EDITED BY YOO: take this to PM.

Yooformula
08-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Keep this on topic or it will get locked. We are not going to tolerate highjacked bs threads talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the title. hands have been forced so we will run it as such.

STKMACH
08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Keep this on topic or it will get locked. We are not going to tolerate highjacked bs threads talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the title. hands have been forced so we will run it as such.I know yoo,
moving.........

Slow Joe
08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm just curious, has anyone found transcripts or some recording of what was said??

jbiscuit
08-07-2006, 03:43 PM
also...what time does the WTMJ 4 story air tonight? I wanna watch how much they twist the truth on this fiasco :rolf

Slow Joe
08-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I mean hey if we're a bunch of hoodlums, I'd at least to see what's said about us :rolf

Lash
08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I fixed them if
you were referring to me....
not you...just the whole situation.

fireguyrick
08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Sucks that we get dragged into this, but it gives us a chance to clear our name.

But man, BCM is HOT now. I mean first COPS and now this!

****ATTENTION**** For any concerned citizens, LEO's, and members of the media what I said about COPS is incorrect. To my knowledge NO MEMBER of BCM has been on COPS, and COPS has nothing to do with the Culver's Show.

Rick

Berettaspeed
08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
mmmm this is odd

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Jon, not sure if you noticed but the broadcast was live when I posted it this afternoon. It wasnt prerecorded. Do you have a link or know where the tv coverage was?

Yoo, I believe it was saturdays' METRO section, check it out. It mentions BCM personally, and Culvers. I heard today's broadcast but made me think of that article.

awsomeears
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I hope this news stuff doesnt leave a sour taste in the eyes of the manager or owners.

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Here you go BCM, straight from our own paper.......................................

Outmuscled: Highway 100 cruising shuts down hot rod show
By ANNYSA JOHNSON
anjohnson@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Aug. 4, 2006
West Allis - Owners of the Culver's Frozen Custard restaurant on Highway 100 had hoped the weekly muscle car show they started last month would increase traffic at the relatively new business.

Advertisement

Cracking Down on Cruisers
Recent Coverage
7/31/06: Cruising fines should fund jobs, council says
7/13/06: Council votes for law and order
7/4/06: McGee moves forward on anti-cruising plan
6/30/06: Seizing cars of cruisers backed
6/29/06: Alderman seeks options for cruisers
6/22/06: Cruisers' cars may be seized
6/20/06: Plan to add police wins more city support
6/3/06: Officials respond to crime wave

Past Coverage
3/20/06: Kane: Cruising is getting harder to defend
6/14/04: Kane: Punish youths for crimes, not for cruising
9/18/02: Kane: Black youth find fun elusive

It worked. Maybe too well.

Culver's agreed to suspend the popular show this week after West Allis police raised concerns that the evening event was revving up cruising in the area.

Culver's has asked the organizers, Brew City Muscle, if they can reschedule, perhaps on a weekend day. But Brew City members say police are overreacting and that a daytime event won't boost Culver's business like the Thursday night shows had.

"I'm not sure what the problem is with the city," said Ryan Trost, a Brew City member who helped coordinate the shows. "It seems like they're trying to scare away business. And it sucks for everybody."

The problem, said West Allis Police Chief Dean Puschnig, isn't what takes place on the Culver's lot, but off.

"We started to see a spike in activity," said Puschnig, whose community has battled cruising along its three-mile stretch of S. 108th St. and surrounding residential streets for 30 years.

It's not just driving around and ogling one another's rides, he said. "It's drag racing, disorderly conduct, vandalism . . . assaults."

"A few years ago, a couple of drag racers killed a guy when he turned in front of them," Puschnig said. "He was going to his girlfriend's house. He didn't know they were going 100 miles an hour."

Culver's manager Dan Braatz said the show was started as a way to promote the restaurant, which opened last year at 1672 S. 108th St.

"We've been here eight or nine months, and still customers were saying they didn't realize we were here," Braatz said.

They focused on muscle cars, he said, because that tends to be an older, more mature crowd.

It seemed to work. But Trost said the show "got so big so fast."

"Before we knew it there were 100 cars there."

Trost is polling members to see if they'd be hip to a weekend daytime gathering, but almost no one is, he said.

Regardless of scheduling, cruisers who violate the city's traffic ordinances can expect to be ticketed. In 2004 and '05, West Allis police issued nearly 3,400 citations on Highway 100, about 20% of the total for the entire city.

"It's an ongoing effort, but we've been working with the business community and residents, and we think we've done a decent job curtailing cruising," Puschnig said. "Our intention is to make that a safe highway for everybody."

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
This article is ridiculous. What does law enforcement think?, this is L.A????

Teufelhunden
08-07-2006, 05:38 PM
^^^um, welcome to two days ago man... :)

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14686

GRM-REPR
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
People were asking for the article, so I posted it.

I cant go and get the t.v broadcast from yesterday tho....sorry.