PDA

View Full Version : Wayne's Drive-In Cedarburg

Greg@GLD
08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
There is a show every Thursday for "Classics" that is open to cars from 1974 and earlier. It's very well attended and a great time. Last night there were over 150 cars in the lot.

On Tuesdays, our Mustang club used to have a Cruise Night, but they discontinued it. We have been asked to return, and we would like to open this thing up to anyone who wishes to attend. Wayne's is very cool as far as atmosphere and it's also a nice cruise.

www.waynesdrive-in.com

flackjacket
08-04-2006, 08:28 AM
so wait.....tuesdays are back on? it was stupid for them to stop there was always a pretty good turnout.

Greg@GLD
08-04-2006, 08:41 AM
It's back on as far as if we can get enough interest we can schedule an individual tuesday event, it's not "back on" as far as just show up on any tuesday.

We're doing the best that we can to try to get this back on, and there's a lot of BCM people who might enjoy this show.

"Sports Compacts are Welcome"

Just one FYI: idiotic driving and behavior will not be tolerated PERIOD.

No ifs, ands or burnouts...

hllywd
08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
FYI
I think Tuesdays are 1983 and newer. Thursdays are pre 1983.
Im glad to hear they still do this.
I was thinkin bout coming down some night.

Greg@GLD
08-04-2006, 10:34 AM
FYI
I think Tuesdays are 1983 and newer. Thursdays are pre 1983.
Im glad to hear they still do this.
I was thinkin bout coming down some night.

FYI... I am the one who got the tuesday show going, and am working to re-establish it. We don't want any sort of limitations as to what year your car is and if we get this back together, everyone is welcome...

This whole "you are excluded" thing is how this originally got going. They used to let a few of us locals park with the "classics" on Thursdays. I used to go every week. Then one night, I was sitting with my wife and daughter in front of my Cobra, enjoying the show and eating some good food... And right in front of me, some jerk had brought Steve (Manager) over, and while we're sitting there, he throws a hissy fit and pointed right at my car and said "Crap like this has no business here! This is not a classic, nor is it a musclecar"
That prompted me to stand up and I let him and his weenie buddys have it but GOOD. (verbally of course)
I said my car is not only faster than 99% of the so-called "muscle cars" in the lot, it will out handle and out stop most of them as well. I pointed to several cars that were nothing other than "old cars" and said those don't have any appeal. And lastly, I also asked them how come so many people stop and look at my car and comment on it...

Well... Steve says to me the next week that these "classic" guys have told him they will boycott the show if cars like mine are allowed there. I let him know how I felt about this and that I thought he was making a big mistake. We reached a compromise where we were "banished" to the back lot... But we kept bringing more and more late model mustangs, and like when I was parked in the big lot, a LOT of people still wandered over and looked at our cars. (Just like last night!!)
So anyway, I asked Steve if there was any possibility that we could perhaps have our own cruise night, and he said yes. And you are correct in that we originally had it be a "late model" show.

In discussing this last night, I would like this to not exclude people because they have a car older or newer than a certain date. It should be a good time for anyone who wants to show up and be part of it...

Thanks for reading.

Yooformula
08-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Way to go Greg!

Reverend Cooper
08-06-2006, 04:26 PM
it is a great time and lots of cool cars

TURTLE
08-11-2006, 06:05 PM
i may be able to stop up on tuesdays, since that's all of 5 minutes from my parent's house...

HITMAN
08-11-2006, 09:02 PM
FYI... I am the one who got the tuesday show going, and am working to re-establish it. We don't want any sort of limitations as to what year your car is and if we get this back together, everyone is welcome...

This whole "you are excluded" thing is how this originally got going. They used to let a few of us locals park with the "classics" on Thursdays. I used to go every week. Then one night, I was sitting with my wife and daughter in front of my Cobra, enjoying the show and eating some good food... And right in front of me, some jerk had brought Steve (Manager) over, and while we're sitting there, he throws a hissy fit and pointed right at my car and said "Crap like this has no business here! This is not a classic, nor is it a musclecar"
That prompted me to stand up and I let him and his weenie buddys have it but GOOD. (verbally of course)
I said my car is not only faster than 99% of the so-called "muscle cars" in the lot, it will out handle and out stop most of them as well. I pointed to several cars that were nothing other than "old cars" and said those don't have any appeal. And lastly, I also asked them how come so many people stop and look at my car and comment on it...

Well... Steve says to me the next week that these "classic" guys have told him they will boycott the show if cars like mine are allowed there. I let him know how I felt about this and that I thought he was making a big mistake. We reached a compromise where we were "banished" to the back lot... But we kept bringing more and more late model mustangs, and like when I was parked in the big lot, a LOT of people still wandered over and looked at our cars. (Just like last night!!)
So anyway, I asked Steve if there was any possibility that we could perhaps have our own cruise night, and he said yes. And you are correct in that we originally had it be a "late model" show.

In discussing this last night, I would like this to not exclude people because they have a car older or newer than a certain date. It should be a good time for anyone who wants to show up and be part of it...

Thanks for reading.

:thumbsup

Having owned both old school muscle and new, todays cars are far superior in every category except for one. Looks. Todays cars just don't have the styling individuality that the old cars had. Too much aero, not enough lines and edges. Used to be you could tell individual years of the same car model apart by the styling changes. Nowadays, you just about need to see the VIN tag to tell the difference. Having said that, I would still rather own the new muscle over the old, for all the reasons you mentioned, Greg, plus ride, comfort, NVH, mileage, build quality and amenities. In comparison, old muscle is about as sophisticated as a stagecoach.