PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Galaxie 500-XL 434 Cobra-Jet 4 speed pic

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Here is a picture I took today.

I really like to take pictures and I want to keep learning new ways to get good shots.......

This is my 1966 Galaxie 500-XL it's a 434 FE Ford "Cobra-Jet" engine with a factory NASCAR 4 speed.

I'm going to change the intake manifold / camshaft out over the winter to a bigger solid lifter profile to use a DOVE Tunnel Wedge 2 x 4 with matching "Thunderbolt" ram air ducted air cleaner. The high beam headlights will be pulled out to fit the air cleaner intake ducts. I'm also moving the battery to the trunk to clear the passenger side intake duct. I also have to "finish fit" the glass hood and install the hood pins before I paint the hood.

68RR440
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Nice car, I love that bubble hood! :drool:
My dad gave me some pics today of my old 67 Comet, and our friend Bruce's 66 Fairlane, I'll have to scan them and post them. :thumbsup

Flicktitty
07-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Car looks good! i kindda like the color too. is it factory? is that Green interior i see? Oh, nice pic by the way!

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Nice car, I love that bubble hood! :drool:
My dad gave me some pics today of my old 67 Comet, and our friend Bruce's 66 Fairlane, I'll have to scan them and post them. :thumbsup

Yes !!!! I would love to see them !!!!!:banana

Thanks !:)

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Car looks good! i kindda like the color too. is it factory? is that Green interior i see? Oh, nice pic by the way!

It's a (repaint) 1966 car with a 1967 Ford car color, the paint I need to paint the hood and re-do the wheels will have to be custom made, it's really the only way to get the color right when you have a paint job that was not really done right. It's a "fair" paint job but, once I get both cars figured out "nuts and bolts" wise I want to have them gone over body and paint wise....

Yooformula
07-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Holy cow that is fuggin COOL!!

Cryptic
07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
lose that white fade... it does nothing for your photo IMO.

Reverend Cooper
07-30-2006, 08:16 PM
have i seen you car before? you must do some shows with it, great car and awesome photo

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
have i seen you car before? you must do some shows with it, great car and awesome photo

Yep, I seen your car at Culvers Saturday night, as you pulled in I told BOSS LX ( my nephew ) here comes the "Sonic Blue Roush" ....:banana1:

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 08:32 PM
lose that white fade... it does nothing for your photo IMO.

I was adding and taking away different things to the pic, I think your right the raw picture is pretty good like it is......:)

DoubleAron
07-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Nice pic but I want to see some Comet pics.:thumbsup

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 08:47 PM

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Here is the AMS built 521 TFS A-460 engine going into the Comet, I will have this car at Culvers on Saturdays nights next year.....

I will also be going on the KOTH cruises with the car.....:banana1:

DynoTom
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM

I will be glad to give out rides in the Comet to BCM guys if they want....I KNOW FASTNA347 will not turn that offer down!:rolf

DoubleAron
07-30-2006, 10:16 PM
:banana

About a month ago I had a deal pretty much set to trade a guy all my blow-thru stuff for his 545 BBF. I just couldn't pull the trigger though, too much stuff like we talked about last night with the high compression/race gas all the time. I also figured it would end up costing too much $$ to get it all to fit when I'm trying to save money not spend it. For me N/A is where it always will be at, Then again I have never owned a blower car though.;)

JohnnyT
07-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Dude! You gotta stop posting the pics of your badazz Fords!!! You're making me really miss my '67 Fairlane XL convert....

Sweet cars man!!! :thumbsup

DynoTom
07-31-2006, 10:35 AM
:banana

About a month ago I had a deal pretty much set to trade a guy all my blow-thru stuff for his 545 BBF. I just couldn't pull the trigger though, too much stuff like we talked about last night with the high compression/race gas all the time. I also figured it would end up costing too much $$ to get it all to fit when I'm trying to save money not spend it. For me N/A is where it always will be at, Then again I have never owned a blower car though.;)

Yea, there are SO many different ways to make power today !

I thought about tons of different combos for the Comet before I went with " BBF N/A "...

In the future I would like to use a TFS A-460 Tunnnel Ram converted to fuel injection, it would be easy to do and it would be different looking under the hood.....

DynoTom
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Here is what the TFS tunnel ram looks like converted for fuel injection.....

This one has NOS fogger nozzles on it too.....

DynoTom
07-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Dude! You gotta stop posting the pics of your badazz Fords!!! You're making me really miss my '67 Fairlane XL convert....

Sweet cars man!!! :thumbsup

I really love the Fairlanes too!

Stop by Culvers on Saturday nights next year if you want to go for a ride in the 521 Comet !:banana1:

JohnnyT
07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Stop by Culvers on Saturday nights next year if you want to go for a ride in the 521 Comet !:banana1:

I'm not gonna pass up that invitation!!! See you next year! :thumbsup

Brandon W.
07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
wow nice car. i like that green once the hood is painted it will be perfect.

Reverend Cooper
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Here is what the TFS tunnel ram looks like converted for fuel injection.....

This one has NOS fogger nozzles on it too.....
holy crap is that slick

The Five Seven
08-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey OldSchoolRacer,

I saw that car the other day......... S'coo dude :thumbsup

Whens the "mill" coming over?????

............................... Skeeter