PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner JUNK

LIL EVO
07-30-2006, 05:25 PM
What a piece of **** service. The cable/internet just shuts off at 930pm Saturday, last night. It's still off as of 530pm Sunday. This is the second time it's happened in the past two weeks. They credited me a day of service last time. Last time it just happened to magically turn on 9 hours later.

They claimed a tech would have to come out and the soonest that would happen is on Thursday. What a crock of ****. The problem is on THEIR end. I looked in the "cable junction" room and all wiring is intact leaving me to believe it's something between the main box and the next inline station.

This is in pewaukee and it's ridiculous. Anyone else have these bullshit outages?

Karps TA
07-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Do you have a direct line to your router? If theres a splitter try switching the cables around.

Berettaspeed
07-30-2006, 05:30 PM
make sure its their splitter. there are alot that don't work right. mine acts up and i have to restart my computer. i dunno why.

Holeshot
07-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem a year ago. Seems it was a bad line filter. I have RR but no cable. Directv in this house.

88Nightmare
07-30-2006, 05:43 PM
directv also. I hate time warner, but their roadrunner is decent. I havent had an outtage in wow... must have been years. If there was an outtage, I wasnt personally affected by it and wasnt while I was trying to use it. I'm online every day though... Their digital phone sucks as well.

LIL EVO
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
If it was that easy I wouldn't be posting on here.

I went in THEIR box and even switched my line with other lines in the splitter, no dice. I have 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 or some bs fuzzy local channels.

Every TV in the house is out, modem's "cable" light is not lit.

Rocket Power
07-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I haven't had any outages either. I have RR but Directv for TV.

Brandon W.
07-30-2006, 06:22 PM
i have RR and Cable and i have never had any problems.

junk mx6 no rly
07-30-2006, 06:25 PM
i got rr cable and digital phone i can almost cont on the phone to stop working every week for like 1hr it blows im really getting sick of htis ****.

Car Guy
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
One word comes to mind when I think of the service lately(8 mos.) from RR, PATHETIC!!!, especially for the price we pay for it. The ONLY reason we don't switch to DSL is because we don't have a home phone line and to get one just for the DSL wouldn't make 'cents'......

I am done calling them about the constant dropouts because the SAME line of BS is handed to me every time, and I know it's not the problem. We've had 4 or 5 different 'techs' come out to try and work their magic and nothing has changed since it's started happening........

Ricky Bobby
07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
If it was that easy I wouldn't be posting on here.

I went in THEIR box and even switched my line with other lines in the splitter, no dice. I have 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 or some bs fuzzy local channels.

Every TV in the house is out, modem's "cable" light is not lit.well im a tech for time warner and if u want ill come fix ur sh1t gimme the address and if not ill have my supervisor take care of the plant stuff all u have to do is ask :goof

LIL EVO
07-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Sweet I knew someone on here would be.

We have all the digital cable channels back now, but they are fuzzy. They just popped back on again. No internet still though.

Reverend Cooper
07-30-2006, 07:57 PM
if you complain enough they will credit you back for it. i switched to charter awesome service

fireguyrick
07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Never really had an issue with them. I use to have SBC and SBC DSL, really did not have issues with them either. In fact, the only reason we went to Time Warner for Cable, RR, and phone was because our house in SM was 1000 ft to far away for DSL. When we first moved in a little more then a year ago, we had a TON of issues with the Digital Phone. But, in the last 9 months or so we have had no problems. The only constantly nagging issue is with our HDTV DVR from them. Frequently it will not allow us to access On-Demand items, once it cut out in the middle of a pay per view movie the wife and I were watching. Though, TWC DID credit us the 3.95 and they sent us coupons for 2 or 3 free pay per view movies.

Rick

VroomPshhTsi
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
My digital cable was a little f'd up today and internet goes out once in a great while but nothing to really complain about. I'm moving back to Madison for the school year soon and will have Charter for internet and cable, anyone have charter (besides sonic blue roush)? How is their service?

1fastdeuce
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Just wondering what some of you guys pay for your Time Warner services. I am north of Green Bay and they don't offer the phone here so I have the 2 in 1 package.(RR and basic cable) They charge me $89.95 plus all the taxes and a buddy 5 miles away has the same deal only he pay's $74.95. Do they make up whatever prices they feel like for that particular day?I called and b!tched and they told me that is the price and they can't do anything about it.:wtf:

fireguyrick
07-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Not sure, I pay around $208/mo for Cable, RR, and Phone service...though I have pretty much every cable channel that you can get on a monthly basis.

Rick

Lash
07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
RR...digital cable (w/DVR) and phone....$160/mo. It only goes out for about 5-10 minutes in bad storms (happens only twice this year). Sometimes I have to reset the cable box for the t.v. to come back on.

I absolutely HATE sbc!!!!!!! WORST COMPANY EVAR!

Rocket Power
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I pay $30 something /month for RR (I called and they gave me an aol promo rate for a year) after the promo is up it's back to 49.95/month. Then it's $50 somehting for Directv, I have total choice plus which is everything but the movie chanels.

Goat Roper
07-30-2006, 10:04 PM
I have RR business class, never have had too many issues with it in the last four years, normally resolved by a router bounce.

Ricky Bobby
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Just wondering what some of you guys pay for your Time Warner services. I am north of Green Bay and they don't offer the phone here so I have the 2 in 1 package.(RR and basic cable) They charge me $89.95 plus all the taxes and a buddy 5 miles away has the same deal only he pay's $74.95. Do they make up whatever prices they feel like for that particular day?I called and b!tched and they told me that is the price and they can't do anything about it.:wtf:its because of the franchise fees that we are charged per sector we are in thats why west allis and greenfield are a couple bucks apart also

theavenger333
07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
we had issues with them when we first got them, they had to mess with some stuff outside the house in the box, and the modem ended up being bad. i assume this is a new account for you, in which case they have to fix it for free or close to it. plus if you compain enough, threaten to drop the service, they usually get VERY nice

WilliamZ
07-31-2006, 12:00 AM
I have never had any problems so far, just sick of paying over $100 for cable and internet.

wikked
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Sweet I knew someone on here would be.

We have all the digital cable channels back now, but they are fuzzy. They just popped back on again. No internet still though.

FYI that was the living room DVR box.
My regular box upstairs still had nothing but fuzzy channel 2 & 3, and still doesn't.
Internet of course still not working. :chair:

MoreTorque
07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
When I had Time Warner, I hated it, but now with Charter... I wish I could have TWC back. Charter is like an overpriced, step back in time. HDTV quality and selection are HORRIBLE and internet is $45/month for 3megs down. I can't get an HD DVR either.

Slow Joe
07-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Hrmmm I need to call time warner as well... I moved into my apartment 2 weeks ago, they set me up and the guy said something was wrong outside and they'd have to send someone out there to put something in, and to leave my cable box disconnected for 2-3 days while they install an amplifier or such device. Well, I was out of town in Iowa last sun - thursday then out of town this past weekend, so I didn't get time to connect it til yesterday and it says to call the operator. Sad thing is my cell phone don't work at my new apartment so this is gunna be a PITA! Sometimes I REALLY dislike time waner, this is one of those moments! Just to think I pay $126 for this, and they have relatively bad customer service, at least they did last time I called them.

Karps TA
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
I pay $116 a month for digital cable, HD package, HD DVR, and Road Runner. I can't complain I rarely have any issues. When it rains I atleast can still watch tv, unlike my friends with the dish.

I just wish cable would have ante upped for the NFL package.

88Nightmare
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
yea they DO have crappy customer service. im not even going to get into that one

2kgtp
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
I just upgraded to RR premium service :) $85/mo tho.. Downloads are lighting quick. No outages for me at all neither.

Slow Joe
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
"You will receive a call back in more than 45 minutes" -- Their customer service sucks more **** than a hooker on 4th and north!

Moparjim
07-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I love my RR, I have never had a problem in I have no idea how many years. Only problem I had was when I first moved here, they hooked me up then a few days later they came and disconnected it - seems the disconnect order from the previous owner was still out there with a contractor so they came and disconnected my recent connection lol.

Other than that though my tv, phone, or RR are all through TW and I have never had an outage or issue.

BadAzzGTA89
07-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I also may say i never had a problem i have the 3 in1 program:thumbsup

Ricky Bobby
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
FYI that was the living room DVR box.
My regular box upstairs still had nothing but fuzzy channel 2 & 3, and still doesn't.
Internet of course still not working. :chair:
i said i would fix this but i still have no address or pm to help u out :durr

Al
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
I just saw a commercial for AT&T offering cable, phone and high-speed in the area. I wonder how they would stack up?

fireguyrick
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
I just saw a commercial for AT&T offering cable, phone and high-speed in the area. I wonder how they would stack up?

I would assume they would be just like SBC was...since SBC is AT&T now.

Rick

wikked
07-31-2006, 10:24 PM
i said i would fix this but i still have no address or pm to help u out :durr
oops <pm'd>

Ricky Bobby
07-31-2006, 10:49 PM
call ya tomm.

LIL EVO
08-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Whaddya know! It's down again!! Been down since 4am Sat morning, no internet, no cable. ******* ridiculous

turbogarrett
08-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I pay $116 a month for digital cable, HD package, HD DVR, and Road Runner. I can't complain I rarely have any issues. When it rains I atleast can still watch tv, unlike my friends with the dish.

^werd. I have had the dish and direct tv, if you think time warner is bad give them a try:D I agree cable is overpriced, but until there is something better I'm gonna stick with it....

LIL EVO
08-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Just came back on about a half hour ago. Seriously, what would be causing this.

wikked
08-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Annnnd it's off again... *le sigh* :rolleyes:
Went off around 4am.

Thank god for 115kb/s cell phone access using dial-up networking.

Gunmetal you have a PM.

LIL EVO
08-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I own your connection with 230.4kb/s :banana1: Go sprint!

Rocket Power
08-08-2006, 11:21 AM
^werd. I have had the dish and direct tv, if you think time warner is bad give them a try:D I agree cable is overpriced, but until there is something better I'm gonna stick with it....
I know some people have it go out fairly easily but it very rare that my sat goes out, and when it does it's for a few minutes.

LIL EVO
08-08-2006, 11:29 AM
This is totally stupid. This is probably the 4th or 5th time it's been down for 7+ hours. I missed 3 shows I usually DVR (the past 4 times it shut off) and I'm well on the way to missing a 4th show if the ******* cable doesn't come back on.

Reverend Cooper
08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
that does suck hopefully it gets straightened out

Ricky Bobby
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i am goin to forward it to my brother in-law and have him monitor it tomm and see whats goin on and if it goes out again he will dispatch someone immediately :thumbsup

wikked
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
It can't go out again... because it's still out! :goof

The devil hath posessed our line! :devil :chair:

52isntbigenough
08-09-2006, 10:53 AM
What a piece of **** service. The cable/internet just shuts off at 930pm Saturday, last night. It's still off as of 530pm Sunday. This is the second time it's happened in the past two weeks. They credited me a day of service last time. Last time it just happened to magically turn on 9 hours later.

They claimed a tech would have to come out and the soonest that would happen is on Thursday. What a crock of ****. The problem is on THEIR end. I looked in the "cable junction" room and all wiring is intact leaving me to believe it's something between the main box and the next inline station.

This is in pewaukee and it's ridiculous. Anyone else have these bullshit outages?

Dude, if you're that involved with your TV, maybe you need to rethink things...so it's down?, go find something to do. Entourage runs all week.

wikked
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Dude, if you're that involved with your TV, maybe you need to rethink things...so it's down?, go find something to do. Entourage runs all week.

newbs :rolleyes:

anyway, still out when i left at 6:20am.... 26hrs 20mins & counting. http://www.wikked.com/icon/nuts.gif

52isntbigenough
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM
newbs :rolleyes:

anyway, still out when i left at 6:20am.... 26hrs 20mins & counting. http://www.wikked.com/icon/nuts.gif

Withdrawls? Try drinking.

LIL EVO
08-09-2006, 01:10 PM

No ****, that's what DVR is for.

wikked
08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Withdrawls? Try drinking.

goddamn right withdrawls, that's why I was connecting through my phone. :durr

I drink when I want to drink, not because I can't go online.
You sound like you could drive a few people to drink though. =P

Brandon W.
08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Man that sucks.26hrs....im having no Problem with my Cable*looks at Cable Modem and goes into Living room and watches T.V*

side note...does anybody have the Digital phone?? if so how do you like it?

T-Bag
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Never had any RR problems in the many years that I have had it. Then again, all of our fiber optic cabling is only 5-6 years old and was put in a couple months before RR became available.

LIL EVO
08-09-2006, 04:45 PM
The amplifier was replaced and it is working at this time.

Wtf are the dots under my name supposed to stand for? huh huh?