PDA

View Full Version : So.Milw's Lionfest Carshow

Firefighter Z
07-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Who went?
I saw Halfbreed on Milwaukee Ave and in the show.
Also saw Becky there and a few other BCSM'ers.

Turn out was ok but not as many cars as last year... I would have put my car in the show but you really can't trust people now days...

scottie K
07-29-2006, 12:03 AM
:thumbsup

MT98Z
07-29-2006, 01:04 AM
I was there next to Juiced Imp.

Z You L8r
07-29-2006, 06:44 AM
I would have put my car in the show but you really can't trust people now days...[/QUOTE]

I was there. My father won best Corvette with his '71 Warbonnet Yellow. I accidentially left my digital camera on the passenger seat for about 90 minutes. I went back to my car and was shocked to see it was still there. I guess I was lucky; or maybe they don't want to steal from a SM born.

I noticed that there were fewer cars there also, especially in the cruise portion.

Holeshot
07-29-2006, 06:50 AM
The whole S.M. cruise / show has changed so much over the years. The poilce are not anywhere near as forgiving as they used to be. And the show has turned in to a big drunk fest. Its really to bad cuz it was fun until the last few years.

nismodave
07-29-2006, 08:19 AM
I must agree. Putting your car in a show like that one, it can be risky with the drunks and amount of kids running around the cars with bicycles and such. Enough to give you a heart attack at times. LOL

b4mytm
07-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Not nearly as much fun as other years,although I left early,lol
The crusie part was boring.There was nobody out except for cops on every corner.I only took 2 laps and went to park in the show.

Firefighter Z
07-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah I had my scanner with me and they were pulling people over left and right for tire squeeling, loud exhaust, non street legal cars and acsessive accleration.
They were just mainly waring people though..
The carshow was alot smaller this year, I think it might be because they rasied the price from $8 to $10. But yeah its just a drunkfest down there.

Lock your cars, and hide your stuff... Looks like people might take advantage in stealing your car.

GTSLOW
07-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Yeah I had my scanner with me and they were pulling people over left and right for tire squeeling, loud exhaust, non street legal cars and acsessive accleration.
They were just mainly waring people though..
The carshow was alot smaller this year, I think it might be because they rasied the price from $8 to $10. But yeah its just a drunkfest down there.

Lock your cars, and hide your stuff... Looks like people might take advantage in stealing your car.

I remember when I was younger how great lions fest used to be. It just keeps getting worse and worse over the years. The cops, drunks, punks, etc.

scottie K
07-30-2006, 01:46 AM
I had no problems with the cops???? i took 3 laps they just stared at use whyle driving by them... shane took his 7 sec race on a lap to and no problems

and for people coming up to the cars and such .. i do agree with most of you on keeping an eye on things ... but most of the people were close to there veh.... i had fun

FANAT1C
07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
They attendence could've been better if they didnt cap the registration at only 200.