PDA

View Full Version : Why you should never take your wife to go pickup your new McLaren

Goat Roper
07-28-2006, 10:41 PM
I just keep waiting to hear a gunshot that shuts this woman up.

Other than that, nice vid of the car.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/07-27-06pageMclarenF1.htm

nismodave
07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if he has wrapped that thing around a pole already.

Yooformula
07-28-2006, 11:19 PM
My wife and I thought for sure she would have puked towards the end. I wasnt shocked to see that he completely IGNORED her dumba$$ the entire test drive. I agree Dave, I wouldnt be surprised to hear that he wrecked....190mph is a helluva lot different than 100mph for a newbie.

Cryptic
07-29-2006, 12:00 AM
looks liked he had fun torturing her :thumbsup

Lash
07-29-2006, 12:09 AM
She better be hott to put up with all that damn noise....all the time.

hrsp
07-29-2006, 12:10 AM
hmmm sweet

carkid0101
07-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Oh thats Fabulous... jesus..

HITMAN
07-29-2006, 02:36 AM
He's gotta be some dot.com Yuppie dickhead with more money than brains, as evidenced by his mad "17 year old with Trans Am" driving skillz and his choice of gibbering bimbo for a wife...

"Honey, it's so cute...":punch:

Goat Roper
07-29-2006, 06:08 PM
He's gotta be some dot.com Yuppie dickhead with more money than brains, as evidenced by his mad "17 year old with Trans Am" driving skillz and his choice of gibbering bimbo for a wife...

"Honey, it's so cute...":punch:

Here is the story on it from a McLaren aficionado on a Focus board I am on;

Someone sent me the links to these videos back on 6/02 when they first appeared on Google Video. I don't really think the vids were supposed to make it onto the web, but once something like this gets out there it sort of spreads like wild fire.

Part 1 shows Dan Kennedy (and his lovely wife ) picking up chassis #038 from McLaren Cars in the UK sometime in early 2001. McLaren had done quite a bit of personalization work to the car at his request when he purchased it, adding several electronic devices, painting the car a custom color, and refitting the interior to his preference. They don't do this for free of course, and I heard that the total bill was close to $300,000, over and above the price he paid for the car. That figure included the federalization work to make the car legal for road use under "Show or Display" here in the USA, allowing up to 2500 miles of use per year, which is normally in the $100,000 neighborhood by itself.

Part 2 shows a portion of his first outing in the car, likely at Chobham test track in the UK. It might look like he lacks skill behind the wheel in that video, but in reality he's a fairly accomplished driver, having competed and placed well in series like the Ferrari 360 Challenge for several years. It appears to me that the surface was damp and he was just out having fun, but some will still criticize. I can't say I'd be out there doing donuts in my F1, but surely you'd be tempted to do it at least once.

Dan is no longer the owner of #038 - in fact it's on it's 3rd owner since he sold the car in early 2005. The owner following Dan was Alfredo Brener of Houston, TX and following him was Bruce Weiner of Madison, GA. Weiner sold the car in May of this year, and its current owner is currently unknown, but I do have a few leads.

This car is one of roughly 2 dozen F1s here in the USA, but is probably one of just a handful that has seen regular road use, or at least as much as "Show or Display" will allow for. When the car was sold recently it had almost 23,000 miles on the odometer - quite high for a McLaren F1.

GTSLOW
07-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Wow

USMARINE1108
07-29-2006, 10:01 PM
I like the color of the car. Sounds pretty mean too.

Jeff
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Bruce Weiner of Madison, GA. Weiner sold the car in May of this year, and its current owner is currently unknown, but I do have a few leads.

Only a weiner would sell that car :rolf

HITMAN
07-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Here is the story on it from a McLaren aficionado on a Focus board I am on;

Part 2 shows a portion of his first outing in the car, likely at Chobham test track in the UK.

I don't know about the rest, but it's plain to see he's at some airport bombing around on some runway. At the end of the second video, you can see the airplanes and hangars out of the left side window.

And I don't care what that guy says, this dope doesn't look like he could handle a '76 Corvette, let alone a McLaren. The guys that drive the Ferrari 360 Challenge must all be sucky dilettantes that are afraid to dent their Über cars if he's one of the better drivers... :rolleyes:

HITMAN
07-30-2006, 01:11 AM
I like the color of the car. Sounds pretty mean too.

+1
Gotta love the sound of that V12...:drool:

undesiredshoe
07-30-2006, 03:40 AM
hahaha wow that guys wife is soooo annoying.