PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane in Waukesha

jbiscuit
07-27-2006, 03:15 PM
we are getting PELTED with rain out here. The Sharkey's guys are driving through the deep water with their Hummer :rolf Water is coming through our front door also...its nuts out here :mad:

68RR440
07-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Tornado on Sunset & Oakdale :stare

Cryptic
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
they had us all goto the basement here at Norlight (brookfield)

Teufelhunden
07-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Irish works right in the tornado's path. That newish Kohl's on Sunset.

:pics

Teufelhunden
07-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Tornado on Sunset & Oakdale :stare Did you see it? I work out in Wales. The power went out a couple times here...lots of rain.

BAD LS1
07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Just on the skirts here in Menom falls, It looks blacker than hell to the south and west of here! raining pretty hard.

Lash
07-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah...it's pretty crazy out there...lol.

Karps TA
07-27-2006, 03:28 PM
We're getting sheets of rain and hail in Muskego.

BAD LS1
07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
We're getting sheets of rain and hail in Muskego.

On VACA or what? lol hey i told Andy T. to say hi to you the last time i saw him (end of june), not sure if you ever got it not lol

pOrk
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
It JUST hit here, and it hit HARD

2kgtp
07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Power has gone on/off numerous times here in Delafield. Mad flooding on I-94/164. Still pouring horribly out here. Tons of thunder/lightning.

68RR440
07-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Did you see it? I work out in Wales. The power went out a couple times here...lots of rain.

I saw the crazy ass clouds, all the wind, it was crazy, I'm off Sunset & 164, I took some pics, I have to see if they turned out.

Someone lost a couple bales of hay, right in the middle of 164 & Blackhawk, I was sitting here watching, there was almost 100 accidents because of this damn hay. I called the cops, they said, blah, blah, blah, we're busy, we'll get there later. I sprang into action, grabbing my trusty snow shovel, the only outdoor tool I own :rolf , and I moved all this damn wet hay from the road. Must have been 5 or 6 bales, with a plastic snow shovel. Pouring rain, I almost got hit 50 times, now I'm soaked. :(
If it was you that lost the hay, :flipoff2:

CruxGNZ
07-27-2006, 03:47 PM
This is sooooo sweet! Lightning like a mofo! Tornado sirens were going off earlier here in Brookfield, but now everything has seemed to move south west. Lightning hit something around Bluemound & Barker intersection that lit up the whole sky and now the stop lights are out there. This is so cool, I'm heading back outside with a beer.

DMF_Racing
07-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Everything is cool in ocon. we had the sirens go off for a bit but nothing big happened just rail and that annoying tv warning going off...

0TransAm0
07-27-2006, 03:50 PM
^^^ i like the big storms like this too. but i dont think this one is heading my way. im in racine...

68RR440
07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
The tornado clouds would be on the right side of this pic, can't really see anything, the other pics I took are just black...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/29fd3a36.jpg

Heres a few right before the storm hit...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/afa91528.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/2ccb29dd.jpg

Heat Seeker WS6
07-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I was at lunch today at the George Webbs next to my store (BBY) on Bluemound in Brookfield when the tornado sirens went off. Walked back to my store after finishing my Georgies Burger- which was under lockdown and all the employees and customers were gathered in the wharehouse. That actually wokred out well, as my workday ended when we got the all clear!:banana1: Alot of flooded streets between there and my pad in Waukesha.
Sounds like quite a few of us work in the same general area.

Flight_740
07-27-2006, 04:16 PM
we are getting PELTED with rain out here. The Sharkey's guys are driving through the deep water with their Hummer :rolf Water is coming through our front door also...its nuts out here :mad:

Haha, Thats my cousin driving the hummer. He owns Sharkeys.

Karps TA
07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
On VACA or what? lol hey i told Andy T. to say hi to you the last time i saw him (end of june), not sure if you ever got it not lol

Umm flex hours or something like that. ;)

Andy didn't say anything, but that's okay. It's much easier to not have him talk then to get him to stop. :rolf

t_a_crazy121
07-27-2006, 04:26 PM
i was at UW waukesha and i drove through a couple of "puddles" that were a good eight inches deep:durr , when i was on the freeway there was a speed of like 35 mph, at the school powere was on/off for a while then they just sent us home without even registering

PureSound15
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
The funnel cloud (or... one of them) was right down a bit past 59 & 164 and went right up 164, lots of stuff thrown around in the court behind our shop.

BTW thanks 68RR440 for moving the hay... I saw that too.

A couple pics I grabbed...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Storm005.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Storm003.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Storm002.jpg

STEALTHZR2
07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I was at my house when the storm hit. By racine ave. In New Berlin. My power went out 3 times. Lighting was hitting pretty close when I watched it from my front sun room.

nismodave
07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Wow.......... A storm..........Welcome to WI.

68RR440
07-27-2006, 04:44 PM
BTW thanks 68RR440 for moving the hay...

:rolf :thumbsup

H8RADE
07-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Wow.......... A storm..........Welcome to WI.

If only they sold some dome-shaped cover-type device to keep me dry as I walk.
:D
I was driving to the Dells when it hit.
Water was 2 feet deep in the inner lanes of 94W.
Silly watching FIBs towing popup campers skidding all over the place.
The trucks had no issues with the water, but I saw a Coleman popup floating/pushing a wall of water behind a Sierra...with IL plates.
Good times.

MoreTorque
07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Nothin too bad out in Oconomowoc on Hwy 16... just sirens.

Al
07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I bet a fmic would be very efficient in one of those puddles!

PureSound15
07-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I bet a fmic would be very efficient in one of those puddles!

I was SOOO happy I drove the truck to work today, there's no way I'm cutting my Carbonio intake on my jetta for a bypass valve. I would have been stranded.

junk mx6 no rly
07-27-2006, 06:39 PM
The tornado clouds would be on the right side of this pic, can't really see anything, the other pics I took are just black...

Heres a few right before the storm hit...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/afa91528.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/adamsr78/2ccb29dd.jpg

you live off of fleetfoot or something i live right by heyer school was funny watching some of these stupid ppl trying to get threw water that was prolly 2-3feet high in there lil geo prism over by pdq off of 59/alos i though they said there were no tornados just some old ppl that called in and said so me ad my buddy drove out on slavesville and holiday road and even the trash cans were stnading up still just a bad storm i dont think there was a tornado.

oh yeah also seen a trnasformer thingy blow up on 164 funny as **** espically when there was a old lady next to me that started crying lmao.

68RR440
07-27-2006, 06:42 PM
you live off of fleetfoot or something i live right by heyer school
Yep, the corner of Fleetfoot & Blackhawk, my daughter goes to Heyer, I can see the school from my porch. :thumbsup

DirtyMax
07-27-2006, 07:03 PM

Hey, my car is getting rained on... :goof

fly5150
07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Hmmm... nothing but sunny sky here all day. Oh wait, I forgot. I'm in California. Ha.
I still cant believe some of the cars I see every day. I have seen more Porsche's, Ferrari's, and Lamborghini's this week than ever in my life. And that includes seeing pictures of them. I see an avarage of 2 every mile. Its is crazy. I cant even explain all the beauty that is at the beach. :)
Too bad I have to come home tomorrow.

Goat Roper
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
/alos i though they said there were no tornados just some old ppl that called in and said so me ad my buddy drove out on slavesville and holiday road and even the trash cans were stnading up still just a bad storm i dont think there was a tornado.

The NWS predicted that while this morning that any storms that popped up could produce funnel clouds but that they were very unlikely to touch the ground. Basically a cold-air funnel.

MurphysLaw88GT
07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah, i live by uww wauk. my basement=owned. flooded like a *****.

MurphysLaw88GT
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
also, water deep as the dashboards in cars in some areas. almost impossible to get around .

1fastdeuce
07-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Don't worry, that sh!t will dry up these next couple of days seeing it's going to be mid 90's.:gay

Al
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
you live off of fleetfoot or something i live right by heyer school was funny watching some of these stupid ppl trying to get threw water that was prolly 2-3feet high in there lil geo prism over by pdq off of 59/alos i though they said there were no tornados just some old ppl that called in and said so me ad my buddy drove out on slavesville and holiday road and even the trash cans were stnading up still just a bad storm i dont think there was a tornado.

oh yeah also seen a trnasformer thingy blow up on 164 funny as **** espically when there was a old lady next to me that started crying lmao.

I was listening to AM620 as all of the warnings were sounding and people were calling in. Judging by what I was hearing, the reports sounded more like a microburst rather than a tornado. Tornados are not normally accompanied simotaneously by heavy downpoors because tornados need strond updrafts. These updrafts are usually strong enough to stop the rain but cause hail instead.

junk mx6 no rly
07-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I was listening to AM620 as all of the warnings were sounding and people were calling in. Judging by what I was hearing, the reports sounded more like a microburst rather than a tornado. Tornados are not normally accompanied simotaneously by heavy downpoors because tornados need strond updrafts. These updrafts are usually strong enough to stop the rain but cause hail instead.

that what i was think cept not with all those word i was just like"hey it usually dosent rain this hard if theres a tornado"lol anyways yeah supposed to rain this weekend?

97z2801ss
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
they had us all goto the basement here at Norlight (brookfield)

haha i was outside during most of this soaked of course....
where is Norlight?

UnderPSI
07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Hmmm... nothing but sunny sky here all day. Oh wait, I forgot. I'm in California. Ha.
I still cant believe some of the cars I see every day. I have seen more Porsche's, Ferrari's, and Lamborghini's this week than ever in my life. And that includes seeing pictures of them. I see an avarage of 2 every mile. Its is crazy. I cant even explain all the beauty that is at the beach. :)
Too bad I have to come home tomorrow.

Dave you focker! You missed the tornado that went by the house. I have some clean up to do tomorrow. :(

The rain was coming down so hard I don't think that it mattered that I had gutters, it was flying down the roof so fast it just went right off the edge. It looked like a waterfall out my window.

UnderPSI
07-27-2006, 11:43 PM
It was funny watching the guy push his motorcycle through the water on West ave right off of 59. That spot always has a couple feet of water.

Flicktitty
07-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Dave you focker! You missed the tornado that went by the house. I have some clean up to do tomorrow. :(

The rain was coming down so hard I don't think that it mattered that I had gutters, it was flying down the roof so fast it just went right off the edge. It looked like a waterfall out my window.
holy ****, how far was the tornado from your place?

pOrk
07-28-2006, 01:42 AM
I was at my house when the storm hit. By racine ave. In New Berlin. My power went out 3 times. Lighting was hitting pretty close when I watched it from my front sun room.

You should sue your parents for making you live there, such a scarey dangerous location :rolleyes: You could have been struck by lightning!

hrsp
07-28-2006, 01:46 AM
thats one hell of a storm...

BigSnailBuick
07-28-2006, 03:38 AM
yeah today was crazy...I lost my internet untill 12pm. I didnt know what to do, I kinda just sat around and thought about life for a few hours lol:goof

Goat Roper
07-28-2006, 08:06 AM
holy ****, how far was the tornado from your place?

Not a tornado, but what we in the midwest call a "gustnado" that combined (with this particular storm) with alot of shear between ground level winds and cloud base movement I am sure made alot of people nervous. The spinning in the cloud base this caused is the reasoning behind the NWS's earlier advisory of possible "funnel" clouds.

Gustnados are associated with heavy down drafts (including microbursts) and are actually nothing more than straight line winds that can start to get some rotation from friction with the earth. They are also normally found in the leading edge of storms. It is mother natures way version of "fool's gold"

Tornados have a strong UPdraft associated with them, something yesterday's storms did not have at such low levels.

Anyway, enough geek speak from me.

CruxGNZ
07-28-2006, 09:11 AM
[Brian Regan]Thanks professor![/Brian Regan]

Cryptic
07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
haha i was outside during most of this soaked of course....
where is Norlight?

Bishop Woods Dr on Sunny Slope

nitrous
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Yea, I was outside working when the storm hit Racine at about 4:30ish. Needless to say the last time I got that soaked was when I went polar bear swimming (fully clothed).

This reminds me. I think it was Monday. Did anyone see the clouds in the sky late in the morning that literally looked like ocean waves? Wish I could have taken a pic but I was at work.

WilliamZ
07-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Damn I missed a really good storm! We had some storms up north but nothing like this one.

SSmike1
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
ROFLOL
:rolf

hurricane in Waukesha!

:rolf

UnderPSI
07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
You should sue your parents for making you live there, such a scarey dangerous location :rolleyes: You could have been struck by lightning!

Now that is funny :goof

Rocket Power
07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I saw lots of lightning but not a whole lot of rain compared to how dark it was. I didn't even know a storm was coming till I had to turn on the lights in the house @ 3pm:goof

SlowMotion
07-28-2006, 07:17 PM
How about a flooded ass car water coming over the floor boards and into the cabin of the car..up the the damn seats...having to crawl out the driver side window just to get out..and then pushed by 6 people to get out of the damn "puddle"....insurance here I come :mad: