PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Molding

awsomeears
07-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Anyone in the molding bizznes or know buddy's who are educated in it ?

I make these custom dashes and well there a pain to make but I sell them for a decent ammount :thumbsup

My normal full time job takes up most of my time, and the other time im just tired.

What local shop can I take this dash to and have them make a mold and then reproduce it x ammount of batches ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/bradjancarik/a01b18a9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/bradjancarik/DSCN4217.jpg

hrsp
07-27-2006, 02:44 AM
looks real nice..

EvolvedRegal
07-27-2006, 09:13 AM
I wish I have seen this sooner. I just quit my job and left my contact book sitting in my office which I can't get to anymore.

DMF_Racing
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
i know people in the body work business.. but i think that would leave you at another dead end... looks good tho :thumbsup .

Al
07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Master Tool and Mold in Grafton. (262) 377-8030

You can give them a call and most likely you will talk with Jim, their top mold designer. If you get Terry or Lyle, just ask for Jim.

How do you plan on manufacturing the part once you have the mold? Are you going to a molding company and have them do it for you or are you going to buy your own injection molding machine.

If it is not injection molded, what is it?

awsomeears
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Master Tool and Mold in Grafton. (262) 377-8030

You can give them a call and most likely you will talk with Jim, their top mold designer. If you get Terry or Lyle, just ask for Jim.

How do you plan on manufacturing the part once you have the mold? Are you going to a molding company and have them do it for you or are you going to buy your own injection molding machine.

If it is not injection molded, what is it?

I'm not looking for a MOLD to be made, im looking for a company that will take my dash make there own mold and produce a bunch for X ammount of $$.

awsomeears
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Bump this up from the dead. Well im getting a shit load of neon owners asking me about these dashes and I have to find a place to make a Mold and then make 50 or 100 of them.

PureSound15
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
My father is in that industry but on the mass production level. I left him a voicemail asking if he knew any shops around the area, but I'm sure he'll get back to me tomorrow.

Lash
02-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow...those really do look amazing.

Poncho
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
theres a huge demand for the GM Performance Parts Autocross Grilles for the 04-06 GTOs, i wonder if they could do them too. They just discontinued them like last month, and now the grilles are going for $600+ on e-bay, and cost $200 new.

BTW, thats some great work.

Al
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Make your own mold using the products from this company:

http://www.smooth-on.com/

They make a variety of rubbers, foams, acrylics, plastics...all kinds of stuff.

Some are good for molds while others are good for the molded parts. Any flexibilty, color, transparency, or density can be attained. Molds can be soft or hard.

I went to this company a few weeks ago looking for info on acrylic glass resin because I wanted to do my own castings for custom aquarium parts.

pOrk
02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I saw one of these you made in person awhile back, they do look great. Good luck finding a way to produce them, I think the cost is up there for making the mold itself.

Lash
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Ya...the mold itself will probably be quite expensive.