PDA

View Full Version : some interesting pics from work

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 07:26 AM
I work at a truck leasing facility. One of the trucks that came in tonight for fuel has some problems. I believe its a 2000, has about 664k miles. Cummins engine. 2 days ago, we put 12 quarts of oil in it. yesterday it took 6, and this morning it took another 4. its leaking extremely bad. so we gave them a subsitute truck to use while we repair this one. chances are we are just going to decomission this truck and give them a brand new truck in its place. we would then repair this one, repaint it, and sell it. But anyway, I pulled the truck in the wash bay, popped the hood, and started spraying it down with some very expensive degreaser we have. this picture here is what the engine looked like after getting sprayed down with degreaser out of a windex bottle. no water involved, all oil and degreaser:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/truck2.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/truck1.jpg

Oh yeah, shes got some problems. lol
Here is another, looking in through the driver side, right by the steering gearbox.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/truck3.jpg
sorry if the photos are bad, I took them with my cell phone. just thought it was interesting to photograph.

Silver350
07-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Wow. looks like you found the oil that was dissappearing.

Brandon W.
07-26-2006, 07:46 AM
All that Oil Right down the Drain (Literally):wow

JohnnyT
07-26-2006, 08:43 AM
All that Oil Right down the Drain (Literally):wow

Um yea, I don't think the DNR would like to see those pics...:eek:

Bart H
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
^ agree you might not want to post pics of hazmat stuff going into the sewer system.

Teufelhunden
07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Lets hope that floor drain goes to a holding tank.

T-Bag
07-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Lets hope that floor drian goes to a holding tank.
Seconded. I'm not a huge envrionmentalist but that would just piss me off

Brandon W.
07-26-2006, 09:21 AM
well they have to be some what of a big company. There is not of little company's that fix/replace semi's. there-fore you would think there would be a holding tank of some sort.. and if not then there could be BIG Fines if the wrong person were to see this.

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
it does go into a holding tank. nowhere on the lot is a drain that goes into the sewer system. the holding tank for the wash bay is directly underneith the wash bay. we also have holding tanks for drain oil as well.

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
with the stuff we wash off of semi's, between dirt, grease, and other ****, there is no way we could let that go into the sewer system.

JohnnyT
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Cool. Sorry to start a rant. Just looked bad from what we could see... Back to the original topic... :)

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
speaking of which, I was looking at it the other day. their system for measuring levels in tanks is pretty cool. all info is on a printout from the computer system. for the fuel, it tells you how much water is in there, water level in inches, product level in inches, and for the waste tank and drain tank, there are readings that tell you percentage levels of fullness. when the waste and drain tanks reach 90% capacity, the computer has alarm triggers that go off and it spits out printouts with what the warning is. then we call someone and they drain it out. the system even tells us specific temperatures in each tank. pretty sweet.

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Cool. Sorry to start a rant. Just looked bad from what we could see... Back to the original topic... :)

hahahahaha, someone posted me negative feedback. "no wonder why the lake is so polluted"

lol. yeah because floating turds and used condoms would come from our facility :durr :punch:

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 10:14 AM
wow seriously, now that I think about it, that really ticked me off. we are the biggest truck leasing facility in the state. bigger then ryder, budget, penske, siva, you name it. you think we would let something like that happen? not only that, do you think they would risk tarnishing their good name for something so ignorant... polluting? give me a break. this company is better than that.

JohnnyT
07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
wow seriously, now that I think about it, that really ticked me off. we are the biggest truck leasing facility in the state. bigger then ryder, budget, penske, siva, you name it. you think we would let something like that happen? not only that, do you think they would risk tarnishing their good name for something so ignorant... polluting? give me a break. this company is better than that.

First off, I didn't give you the negative feedback, sorry if I caused someone else to. Secondly, not all of us know where you work or that it is the "biggest truck leasing facility in the state". All we saw was a buch of oil draining into what looked like a sewer grate. Again, I apologize for the assumption...

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
im not blaming you for the feedback, its just funny how people gotta jump the gun and make conclusions before they know the real deal. but I guess thats the american way.

Berettaspeed
07-26-2006, 07:34 PM
/me guilty for droping...."things" down into the sewer.. and letting R12 into the air...... hahaha oh well

WilliamZ
07-26-2006, 07:46 PM
:rolf

88Nightmare
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
I throw old car parts into my cities recycling bin..... They got pissed when we threw the junk trans in there though....

T-Bag
07-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Glad to hear that you guys got a holding tank at least. Who left da feedback?

88Nightmare
07-27-2006, 06:47 AM
dont know. they were to scared to provide a name....