PDA

View Full Version : Computer help...

Crawlin
07-24-2006, 09:24 AM
the images i look at usually seem really DARK. i'm assuming something is off with the contrast/brightness or something on the computer. what areas do I look in to change stuff. I've done the "reset to factory default" using hte monitor buttons, but is there anything else? Because that doesn't help

Chris

Myles
07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
What klind of monitor are you using (CRT,LCD,etc) and what video card do you have?

Silver350
07-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I know when setting up a monitor you should have the contrast turn all the way up and the Brightness all the way down. If you cannot get things looking a little better see if someone you knows has a monitor you can borrow for a day and see if it gets better with a different monitor. You might need a new one.

Crawlin
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
CRT monitor.

I have it how you said it Scott... and now the black is even worse. If i have the brightness set all the way up, i can make out SOME things in the dark photographs. but it's not as clear as i would have though.

Myles
07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
what video card do you have. Cause you can usually synch your vid card to the monitor, and everything looks 8 million times better.

Crawlin
07-24-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm searching through "MY Computer" and the device manager, but i'm not seeing where it's gonna tell me that. the closest thing i see in the device manager is "Video Controller" under "Other Devices" and it only says VGA compatible.

Crawlin
07-24-2006, 11:05 AM
oops, that didn't work

Myles
07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
You need to look under display adapters in device manager.

Crawlin
07-24-2006, 11:24 AM
nothing in that list, even when checking all the "sub" lists, that says "Display Adapters"

This is on my work computer, so maybe it's not that high of quality, hah

Myles
07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Bleh, i guess i would just play with the mintor till you can see it the best. If its a work computer it probably has so much generic crap in it the monitor isnt getting the best signal from the vid card. or the monitor they bought is junk.

wikked
07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
the closest thing i see in the device manager is "Video Controller" under "Other Devices" and it only says VGA compatible.

Yea, that's the video card... but it sounds like the drivers are wrong, so it's not really seeing it. Most likely why you, like Ray Charles, can't see shìt.

'Other Devices' is usually the place where Windows puts hardware it can't fully recognize, so they only work with the bare minimum of specs, if at all.

A fully working system shouldn't even have that column.

Tell your work they need to upgrade their junk from 1994. :goof

RedGSX
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Happy B-day Chris!

http://pixiegrins.angeltowns.net/2/birthday/hbdstar.jpg