PDA

View Full Version : Carb Tuning......

Car Guy
07-22-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm looking for someone that is knowledgeable in carb tuning that would either be willing to share some advice or actually work on one(mine). I know I could eventually figure it out and most likely get pretty good at it but one thing is holding me back from diving in and doing it >>> TIME !!!....which is non-existent right now for me(at least for the fun stuff anyways). When I built my motor I just put the settings to stock and they work alright for now but I know it's not where it should be......

Any help would be much appreciated.......

HITMAN
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
What kind of carb?

juicedimpss
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
what kind of car/engine/carb..?

Car Guy
07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Holley DP 850, 72' Chevelle 496ci > pretty well 'built'........

scottie K
07-22-2006, 05:26 PM
you can give me or jucied a call will be glad to help

414-526-1296 scotty

HITMAN
07-22-2006, 07:30 PM
you can give me or jucied a call will be glad to help

414-526-1296 scotty

Same here. I've been working on Holley's since about '78 or '79 so I'm pretty familiar with them...;)

Check your PM's :D

awsomeears
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Hell yea.

GET ER DONE !!!

Chevboy03
07-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm looking for someone that is knowledgeable in carb tuning that would either be willing to share some advice or actually work on one(mine). I know I could eventually figure it out and most likely get pretty good at it but one thing is holding me back from diving in and doing it >>> TIME !!!....which is non-existent right now for me(at least for the fun stuff anyways). When I built my motor I just put the settings to stock and they work alright for now but I know it's not where it should be......

Any help would be much appreciated.......

dude.......your screen name is car guy. shouldn't you be the one giving advice????????:alcoholic :alcoholic

Car Guy
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
dude.......your screen name is car guy. shouldn't you be the one giving advice????????:alcoholic :alcoholic

Yeah, I do feel sort of 'retarded' by asking for help but with carb tuning you need some experience to know what you're doing, and like I said I could probably figure it out but I don't have all the time in the world to be trying 9000 different combinations just to get it 'in the ballpark', let alone getting it right. With some help I'd rather start 'in the ballpark' and go from there......

I really appreciate all of the responses already and will be contacting a few of you's tomorrow.......

danwaite
07-25-2006, 11:56 PM
I could use help too, I have a 88 stang 5.0 and I just put a edelbrock 650 4 barrel carb on it and I could use a hand tuning since I really don't know to much about carbs. I just need to throw a new pickup coil in on Friday and whenever any one can help me I could even throw a few bucks tword your way for your troubles.
Thanks