PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal "Indy Car" in WEST ALLIS?

DynoTom
07-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I was walking my dog at 11:30 PM tonight and about halfway through our walk I saw a car on the street like no other I have ever seen......

It was a freaking INDY car !!!!!

It REALLY freaked me out as when I first heard it the car was 2 blocks away making the fairly tight corner on National onto 84 th. street northbound.....The car took that corner around 45-50 MPH but, I was not sure what it was at that point I just knew it took that corner really fast and really flat!

I was waiting to see what kind of car it was and within a couple seconds it passed me......I was a friggin INDY car race makings and all !

I did see it was a dual seat with one seat in front and one right behind it, two younger guys where in it.....I was thinking I can't believe every WAPD cop car in the city is not on this thing pulling it over?

I watched it go all the way to Greenfield Ave. and make a right turn......It did have a plate on it and I did see brake lights and turn signals flashing as they waited to turn so I'm guessing it is "street legal"?

Once I got home I could still hear it driving around ( it was pretty loud, not BOBBIE'S Stang loud but, I could hear it from quite a distance ) so I thought I would grab the DIGI camera and jump in the truck to go see If I could find it again?

I did see it again but, it was just getting the trailer door closed behind it though......It was right at the far gate at the Milwaukee Miles building section....They had a Ford crew cab and a monster triple axle goose trailer for it......

I swear for about 5-6 seconds while I was watching this thing drive by me I thought "this can't be what it seems to be.... can it?".......:wow

supra213
07-21-2006, 12:27 AM
I seen it cuising around. Looked like they were giving demonstrations (aka rides) out at the bar across the street from the milwaukee mile. They were also giving rides out at the art museum on tuesday this week.

0TransAm0
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
ithey have that at the track every year just like the richard petty driving experiance(with the stock cars) but i never new that they took it on the street. thats cool. usually its just a ridealong on the track.

DynoTom
07-21-2006, 12:52 PM
I seen it cuising around. Looked like they were giving demonstrations (aka rides) out at the bar across the street from the milwaukee mile. They were also giving rides out at the art museum on tuesday this week.

OK, I was wondering what the deal was with this car.......

Like I said, for a couple seconds when I first seen it I REALLY thought it was some guy driving a regular INDY car on the street!:eek:

RedGSX
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I remember seeing it downtown on North ave last year. I was out on a balcony of Lava at the time and look down, and was like WTF?! Drew a crowd pretty quick when it pulled over.

DMF_Racing
07-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I was with a friend the other night driving around... he was telling me that he saw a Indy car on HWY 100 racing a bike.. I thought it was complete B/S, but i guess i was wrong.. thats awsome considering im hopeing to get into a open wheel FSCCA car. But i gotta say this is a pretty kick ass fourm thats going on and im glade to be a member.

DynoTom
07-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I took this picture today of the car on 84 th. street....

RegReg
07-23-2006, 07:36 PM
DAMM......Does it have a real indy motor

DynoTom
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
DAMM......Does it have a real indy motor

I would guess it does not......

Yooformula
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM
I saw it downtown in front of Fitz's. They were giving out ride to people and TEARING up water st right in front of cops. That thing could be heards BLOCKS away!!!

RegReg
07-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I would guess it does not......
He bottoms out prolly on every damm thing on the road

Yooformula
07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
But i gotta say this is a pretty kick ass fourm thats going on and im glade to be a member.

Yes it is! And we are glad to have ya!:banana1:

BadAzzGTA89
07-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I bet the guy in the camaro was like WTF!

DynoTom
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
I bet the guy in the camaro was like WTF!

I'm pretty sure the Camaro guy wanted to race him???

They were side by side then they both slowed way down.....the Camaro stopped but, the INDY car kept going.......I heard this car giving rides most of the day today......

BadAzzGTA89
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the Camaro guy wanted to race him???

They were side by side then they both slowed way down.....the Camaro stopped but, the INDY car kept going.......I heard this car giving rides most of the day today......
That's what i would be thinking lol:rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
07-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I saw the 'car' at Club Paragon on Friday night and got to talk to some of its crew while they were raffling rides off. The Indy motor is out of there and a regular motor (forgot what) is now in there and now has a limited top speed of only 150mph. It has a 6 speed sequential gearbox with clutch and is 1 of 2 in the world that are fully street legal.

DynoTom
07-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Yep, I figured it was prolly not a INDY engine in there......A real INDY engine would suck on the street trying to do what this car does.......It seems like a pretty good set up.....it pulls away from the stoplights with ease and idles real nice......

DMF_Racing
07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
I saw the 'car' at Club Paragon on Friday night and got to talk to some of its crew while they were raffling rides off. The Indy motor is out of there and a regular motor (forgot what) is now in there and now has a limited top speed of only 150mph. It has a 6 speed sequential gearbox with clutch and is 1 of 2 in the world that are fully street legal.

There is a team out there called Sinden racing.. they go to all the IRL events.. with IRL being at milwaukee mile last sunday.. this is taveling attraction.. as Heat Seeker qouted its 1 of only 2 cars that are street legal. There is a pic of the Sinden Racing 2 seated (not street legal) car, notice the huge wing that is missing from the pic taking on 84th steet. You bottom out that wing you will have material spread all over the road, so i dont think that car will stay around here much longer... if not i better get down and grab a ride...

http://www.sindenracing.com/image_gallery/2006/JimBeanStPete/p1010082.jpg

Lash
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Damn...that'd be fun **** on the streets.

GTSLOW
07-25-2006, 09:05 PM
How faster do these guys go? Surprised the cops havent said anything.

Pretty fawkin sweet either way :headbang

Heat Seeker WS6
07-25-2006, 09:52 PM
How faster do these guys go? Surprised the cops havent said anything.

Pretty fawkin sweet either way :headbang

Even with the street motors they still get to 150, and depending on the aerodynamic package on it, the cars still have near the same handling characteristics as they did before being retired from racing.

The competition motors would never make it on the street as they use outboard starters, have way way louder exhaust note and simply too much power to be driven at street legal speeds and thier fuel isn't quite available at the corner gas station:devil .

52isntbigenough
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Why the **** is there a cone? "hey, I can't park there, there's an Indy car parked there."