PDA

View Full Version : GM Battle, help!

USMARINE1108
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm asking for opinions here to see if I have a leg to stand on. I think I do, but there are always 2 sides.

In Jan of 2005 I had my transmission rebuilt by a GM dealership in the area due to the trans taking a complete crap around Chicago on my drive home for Christmas Leave. The dealership rebuilt it under warranty, at no cost to me. I drove back to South Carolina. That was a year and a half and 8000 miles ago, and everything was just fine until 3 months ago when the trans got stuck in 5th gear. I took it out and sent it to a company in TX to be rebuilt. The trans was WELDED shut by the dealership, not all of the snap rings were installed, the magnets weren't reinstalled, the bearings were shot and 5th and 6th gears were welded to the shaft. I called the dealership and talked to the service manager. I had the company send pictures of the trans to him to look at. The company that rebuilt my trans (the second time) says they are 100% positive that the trans broke due to the crapy rebuild the dealership did. The dealership dosent want to do anything for me since they only waranty their work and parts for 12 months. The service manager told me the trans went bad just sitting there. Dumbass.

On another note, I DO NOT BEAT MY CAR! It still has the stock rear end (for now) and I baby it. It's made about 15 passes down the track (1/8 mile) with a best 60 foot of 2.1. I have never powershifted this car, the stock clutch is still in great shape.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

jbiscuit
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
sue?

USMARINE1108
07-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with another service manager from the dealership. By the way, I'm talking about Holz. I didn't want to say anything until I got the final decision. Anyway, I told him that since I had the transmission upgraded, I didnt expect them to pay the entire thing. He asked what I thought they should pay, and I said the total cost of the rebuild, minus the new upgraded parts I had installed, which, including shipping was $337. He said he'd give me $500. Awesome! Fight long enough and you shall recieve. Playing a little hard ball dosen't hurt either.

juicedimpss
07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with another service manager from the dealership. By the way, I'm talking about Holz. I didn't want to say anything until I got the final decision. Anyway, I told him that since I had the transmission upgraded, I didnt expect them to pay the entire thing. He asked what I thought they should pay, and I said the total cost of the rebuild, minus the new upgraded parts I had installed, which, including shipping was $337. He said he'd give me $500. Awesome! Fight long enough and you shall recieve. Playing a little hard ball dosen't hurt either.

good luck with them.
i had issues with stuff from them (Holz)....they flat out lied to my face,but thats another whole long story.

USMARINE1108
07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
My dad is going down there to pick up the check today. I'll be happy once he's got it.

srt4eh
07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
nice job....dealerships these days seem kinda shady.

Yooformula
07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
WOW way to stick to your guns and get it!! I never would have thought that you would get anything out of a dealership. Take the $500 and RUN! Make sure you get all upgraded parts from D&D trans for that T56.

BadAzzGTA89
07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Sweet +1 for the little guys:thumbsup