PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new bank...what do you use? pros/cons?

Yooformula
07-15-2006, 10:02 AM
TCF is seriously jerking my chain with getting me my money back after the theft so I am done with them and I am looking for a new bank. I have heard good stuff about credit unions but right now I am looking for personal experiences. I liked TCf because they were open 7 days a week and were usually open the latest but lately their service is terrible.

nismodave
07-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Man.......Ive heard sooooo many Horror stories about TCF its terrible.

I use ST. FRANCIS, a decent bank but crummy hours. Im thinking of switching to M&I.

deciuss
07-15-2006, 10:08 AM
i like us bank service is usualy good and if you have to wate long in line they give you money. :)

BadAzzGTA89
07-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I would go with a credit union!
I have had good luck with them,great rates on loans!
I belong to Landmark credit union!
And there open sunday at Walmart!

Rocket Power
07-15-2006, 10:40 AM
We have St. Francis. I haven't had to deal with a situation like yours, but I am happy with them.

Cryptic
07-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I have TCF and and other than the hours... they suck.

Chase jerked me around alot too when handling my mom's estate. Everytime I had to handle something I had to go to a branch office. Nothing got done over the phone. Transfered 4 times and still couldnt get the right person. On multiple occasions.

Heads up their asses.

DirtyMax
07-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I use Associated Bank. Mainly because it was the closest bank to me when I opened my first checking acct. Their hours suck but I really never have to actually go to the bank. Now I keep them because I pass by them alot and then I don't have to pay ATM fees...

I have a savings account at a Credit Union too. But again, I never have to go there other than very rare occasions.

Tri City seems to be decent and I believe their hours are nice.

UnderPSI
07-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Nothing but bad stuff to say about St. Francis and Sunset bank.

I use US Bank now. I think its great. Free online too including transfers.

88Nightmare
07-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I like st francis bank. I had problems with chase, dont go to chase.

EvolvedRegal
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Now you all might laugh at this bank, but it is very legit and have been using them for the last year and am very pleased with their services.

http://www.bankofinternet.com

Moparjim
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I agree with the credit union recommendations - I used various banks and always got terrible customer service, nothing but hassles. I now have been banking at Cudahy-Southshore Credit Union, I LOVE it. I have gotten numerous car loans including the one for my Viper OVER THE PHONE - I never even fill out an app! Everyone there knows me (and laughs at me everytime I buy a new car constantly) but it is very nice. They have online banking as well, I can do just about anything online or over the phone. Great rates on loans too, and they finance old cars, bikes, everything that a lot of banks won't touch let alone give you a good rate on.

Cryptic
07-15-2006, 06:07 PM
nice avatar Jim :drool:

Moparjim
07-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks!

SlowStee
07-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I have TCF and and other than the hours... they suck.

Chase jerked me around alot too when handling my mom's estate. Everytime I had to handle something I had to go to a branch office. Nothing got done over the phone. Transfered 4 times and still couldnt get the right person. On multiple occasions.

Heads up their asses.
a big **** you to Chase!:flipoff2:

theavenger333
07-15-2006, 07:06 PM
i already spoke about these to you, but Guardian Credit Union, and Educators Credit Union are excellent. Educators just changed their rules for who's allowed in too.

u_say_go
07-15-2006, 08:04 PM
go with a credit union Yoo. I belong to Landmark CU and they rule. Super smooth loan applications and closings, longer hours than banks, and almost all credit unions share "no fee atm's"

68RR440
07-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Tri-City has awesome hours, open until 7 p.m., 7 days a week. Plus, my sister-in-law works there.
TCF is the most cluster-phuck bank around, my dad has gotten screwed around soooo many times by them, for big money car transactions. For example, waiting to clear a $20K out of state bank check for almost 3 weeks!?!?!? He thought the guy who bought the car burned him, we almost took a trip to Iowa to get the car back. Turns out TCF in New Berlin had never dealt with such a "large individual transaction" :rolleyes: , so they mailed the check to Brown Deer, who mailed it someplace else, etc... :flipoff2:

68RR440
07-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Damn Yoo, nice rep points :stare :rolf

Yooformula
07-15-2006, 08:48 PM
i already spoke about these to you, but Guardian Credit Union, and Educators Credit Union are excellent. Educators just changed their rules for who's allowed in too.
yeah i know, I am leaning towards Guardian or Landmark CU. We are moving everything over on monday.

Yooformula
07-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Damn Yoo, nice rep points :stare :rolf
Nan thought he would be funny:rolleyes: poor guy:devil

EVIL AWD
07-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't really have any recommendations, but there is one thing I can tell you...TCF SUCKS! So whatever you do, don't go there.

Cjburn
07-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I have had nothing but problems with my US Bank account, charges, fees, **** like that. Customer service people have actually yelled at me several times, and don't bother going in on a Saturday, because you can't make a deposit on that day. Well, actually you can, but they hold it till Monday to start processing it, and god forbid Tuesday is a holiday, then they finally approve it Wednesday, meanwhile bouncing everything in sight, while they hold my payroll check (written by a huge corporation that does around a billion dollars in revenue a year) even if the available balance on your receipt is not really what is "available". How can a bank hold a payroll check to clear it, but debit your personal check in seconds? I'm going to a credit union, heard nothing but good stuff from Landmark...

68RR440
07-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Same sh*t whith TCF, if my dad dosen't deposit his payroll check by 2:00 on Friday afternoon, they hold it until Monday, and mind you, he has banked there for years, and he works for a big, well known company (Miller Compressing). :rolleyes:
Its kind of funny, my dad and I where just talking about our banks this afternoon, mostly him bitching about TCF. Then I come home and see this thread. :)

BadAzzGTA89
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Same sh*t whith TCF, if my dad dosen't deposit his payroll check by 2:00 on Friday afternoon, they hold it until Monday, and mind you, he has banked there for years, and he works for a big, well known company (Miller Compressing). :rolleyes:
Its kind of funny, my dad and I where just talking about our banks this afternoon, mostly him bitching about TCF. Then I come home and see this thread. :)
Ahh yes Miller junked many cars there!

GTSLOW
07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Nan thought he would be funny:rolleyes: poor guy:devil

Yoo stole one of my green squares :( :( :(

danwaite
07-18-2006, 02:29 AM
I have had TCF for one week and will be closing the account as soon as I go pull my money out of it, these people suck, who heard of holding a payrol check, can take up to 5 days to clear if it comes out of state, fuc* them. I'm pissed don't get me started, services sucks tech support sucks people don't try to help other people /rant.
I feel a little better.

SLOWC5
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
use associated bank, I go through them for all banking without hassles

jbiscuit
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
+1 for associated

juicedimpss
07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
first credit union here,awesome service.

PB86MCSS
07-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Have Chase here, not a problem really....IMO most problems are from people not handling their money properly, not the banks fault. They are in it to make money no question, but if you handle your account properly there shouldn't be an issue(i.e. don't float money).

Chase's online setup used to take forever to update but after they revamped their site its been very quick.

/flame suit on ;).

turbogarrett
07-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Avoid bank mutual, they ignore federal banking regulations (loooong story), are rude, have sh%tty hours and high interest rates.

MurphysLaw88GT
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
My biatch works at Landmark, good chit there. any questions PM and she can answer them.

Goat Roper
07-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I have all sorts of love for North Shore Bank. Tons of locations, great people. I completely dorked up one of my accounts over there and they covered almost all the charges for me.

The Franklin office (just south of 76th and Rawson) has some of the best bank folks I have ever dealt with.

Highly recommended.

ProjectCamaro
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I use to be a loan officer for TCF. I quite because of the stuff that bank did to it's customers. I just couldn't agree with it and I didn't feel right getting people to move their mortgages to that bank so I had no choice but to leave.

BadAzzGTA89
07-18-2006, 06:40 PM
My biatch works at Landmark, good chit there. any questions PM and she can answer them.
See if she can take some money off my loan!!

GRAMPS SS
07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Been with M&I for soooooooo many years, like since 1978...not one problem at all in all hat time....then i have my business account with Guaranty.....there great also and lots of locations and open on sundays.
both banks work well.....you'll just have to find one that works for you...stay away from the small ones with not many branches....who knows how long they will be arond...stick with a bank that has been around for years...stop in a few and ask your questions about your banking needs...you'll be able to see then which one is for you.....also ...check out the tellers.if there young and cute....perks of the bank....old guys like me like that...don't tell the wife....

CPonyGo
07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I have both Guardian and Tri City..been at Tri city for over 20 years and have never had a bad experiance with them...us bank sucks as does TCF...

MurphysLaw88GT
07-18-2006, 11:18 PM
See if she can take some money off my loan!!
I get that a lot, but good idea.

Yooformula
07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I jsut opened an account today with Landmark and already I am looking to refinance my 2nd mortgage. 7.5% looks really good right now compared to what I am paying......14.9% with Chase. My home mortgage was only 5.8% go figure!