PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else try to listen to 102.1 today?

DoubleAron
07-10-2006, 10:35 AM
ADD radio is what they are calling it, 5 seconds of every song and thats it?

animal
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Heh, I haven't listened to commercial radio since I got satellite. Sounds pretty lame what they are doing though. Only way I'd go back to listening is if they brought back mancow.

Their website says "under construction" as well. Must be changing formats yet again. Maybe they'll be hot102 again.

Or maybe we'll end up with another damn hair band station. :rolleyes:

juicedimpss
07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
lol,they said they played 411 songs last hour.
why cant they play a variety all the time instead of the same 14 songs on loop.

Silver350
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
I just turned my radio at work on What the fU(K now i am going to have to listen to Kiss Blah. I went to rock1021 and it redirected me to this site

http://www.milwaukeesalternativestation.com/home.asp

jbiscuit
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
sweet, they must be changing formats. like someone said, hopefully they will start playing hair metal bands....we need another one anyways :durr

Slow Joe
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it's gay... And I use to like 102.1 but it's been all screwed up today, I wonder what station it's gunna be next

GRNDNL
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
sweet, they must be changing formats. like someone said, hopefully they will start playing hair metal bands....we need another one anyways :durr

Ya........:headbang

Karps TA
07-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Sat radio for me. You actually forget how bad "free" radio is.

77thor
07-10-2006, 11:19 AM
I thought that it was a joke... but they kept doing it

DoubleAron
07-10-2006, 11:36 AM
I think it's funny how they have always bashed Lazer but yet they change formats every couple of years, Lazer has changed once and it's still pretty much the same thing.

Goat Roper
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
That website has been 102.1's site for some time. I quit listening to 102.1 when they got rid of the Bob and Tom Show a couple months ago.

It was the only thing I ever listened to on terrestrial radio, now it is completely satellite, mainly Howard Stern.

fireguyrick
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Sat radio for me. Have both Sirius (STi) and XM (TBSS). Though, shortly it will be just Sirius. I personally would rather listen to ad radio over XM, XM sucks.

Eh, I never really liked 102.1, they always talked about not being a corporate radio station so they could play what they want. Apparently what they wanted to play was generally the top 10 alternative/Emo homo stuff.

Rick

Goat Roper
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I have heard the same thing about XM. Sirius really is the way to go.

DynoTom
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Sat radio for me. You actually forget how bad "free" radio is.

I agree 100 % with Karps!

Once you get Sat radio you really have trouble dealing with all the crud on free radio for more than a few minutes...:thumbsup

Flicktitty
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
i'm glad i get 94.1 JJO here, i used to love 102.1, but every so often i litsen to the hog 102.9? i believe?

Rocket Power
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
:rolf
I wish we had one. A couple 80-90's metal songs doesn't make it a hairband station.:goof

We need more W.A.S.P., Ratt, Priest, Maiden and all the other stuff I used to listen to back in the day.:headbang :rolf

I have xm in the daily and it sucks when I have to take one of the other vehicles to work. I used to listen to Lazer (I hate the name "The Hog") for B&B but now I am on 2nd for the summer I only listen to sat.

PB86MCSS
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Rarely listened to 102.1, if they are smart they will focus on just new rock, not 90's or whatever it seemed they played the most. Milwaukee lacks a station that plays newer stuff...not that I really want that, but it seems to be an open market, IMO. I prefer the Hog over Lazer and it seems the market is saturated in classic/80's rock.

Knyghtmare
07-10-2006, 01:59 PM
**** Milwaukee radio, thats bullshit. Why do they really think we need every station to play 80's crap?

Now Summerfest stages are gonna suck more than they did this year.

Cryptic
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
the are playing sh!t today they havent played since the last time they changed formats. Good stuff from what I heard, but doesnt represent what they've been playing the last few years.

awsomeears
07-10-2006, 04:03 PM
They need a station that plays HOUSE music. Or electronica :-)

Sat. radio and .net radio rocks

TooManyNeons
07-10-2006, 04:11 PM
94.1 JJO rocks in Madison. We need a station like that here. If you want some good hard rock internet radio, go to www.525.com and go to powertracks. It rocks.

Al
07-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I stoped tuning to 102.1 when I began to hear the Cranberries being played.

CruxGNZ
07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I want a station that plays:
Leftfied, Quarashi, Gus Gus, Rage Against the Machine, Atmosphere, Sister Machine Gun, Senser, 311, Black Grape, Massive Attack, Faithless, KMFDM, Low Fidelity Allstars, Lunatic Calm, Groove Armada, Orbital, Ozomalti, Freestylers, Uberzone, Giant Panda, Mos Def, DJ Shadow, Portishead, Morcheeba, Poe, Tricky, Ohmega Watts, R.L. Burnside, The Black Keys (awsome blues!!), Mike Doughty/Soul Coughing, The Folk Implosion, Slightly Stupid, Underworld, Taproot, Switchfoot, Ugly Duckling, People Under the Stairs, Kasabian, God Lives Underwater, Cat Power, Cash Box Kings (local blues music!), Benny Benassi, Aesop Rock, Bjork, Danzig, Del the Funkee Homosapien a.k.a. Deltron 3030 and Deltron Zero, Cirrus, Chemical Brothers, Deftones, Death Cab for Cutie, Beck, Stabbing Westward, Nine Inch Nails, Chevelle, Danger Mouse and Jemini, and maybe some Coverdale Page (hells yeah!).

That should make a good first day for any radio station in my opinion. If some of you don't know who some of these artists are, check out http://allmusic.com/ and upgrade your grey matter.

I only listen to Bob and Brian in the morning and then after 10 am, switch over to JJO. If I had the option of listening to an iPod or something all day I would, but it's very hard to do on a contruction site, especially with earplugs in.

Cjburn
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
JJO is a ton better than any local rock station, period. I miss 104.7 when I can't get 92.5. FM106 is mostly pop except for Sunday mornings, when I crank the old stuff...

CruxGNZ
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Anybody ever listen to 101.1?

Berettaspeed
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
95.1 is okay, but i can't get it very good. man i liked 102.1 but they better go wit some harder rock. and stay away from that hair crap.

and yeah i like 101.1 i play it when i goto GLD or gret america or somthing

TransAm12sec
07-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I kinda liked what Rock 1021 did today. Granted, I would have prefered if they only did it for an hour, but they played songs that I wouldn't have heard otherwise. If was funny when they were talking to the people over the phone who didn't like what they were doing. They just acted like they loved it.

HITMAN
07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I want a station that plays:
Leftfied, Quarashi, Gus Gus, Rage Against the Machine, Atmosphere, Sister Machine Gun, Senser, 311, Black Grape, Massive Attack, Faithless, KMFDM, Low Fidelity Allstars, Lunatic Calm, Groove Armada, Orbital, Ozomalti, Freestylers, Uberzone, Giant Panda, Mos Def, DJ Shadow, Portishead, Morcheeba, Poe, Tricky, Ohmega Watts, R.L. Burnside, The Black Keys (awsome blues!!), Mike Doughty/Soul Coughing, The Folk Implosion, Slightly Stupid, Underworld, Taproot, Switchfoot, Ugly Duckling, People Under the Stairs, Kasabian, God Lives Underwater, Cat Power, Cash Bax Kings (local blues music!), Benny Benassi, Aesop Rock, Bjork, Danzig, Del the Funkee Homosapien a.k.a. Deltron 3030 and Deltron Zero, Cirrus, Chemical Brothers, Deftones, Death Cab for Cutie, Beck, Stabbing Westward, Nine Inch Nails, Chevelle, Danger Mouse and Jemini, and maybe some Coverdale Page (hells yeah!).

Your line up looks like XM's "The Squizz" with a little "Boneyard" thrown in. I like both stations.:thumbsup

CruxGNZ
07-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Glad you like my suggestions for good music. I have a CRAP load of artists that I listen to. Everything except country music... I just do not understand the 'Craftsman tools' lyrics, the 'twangy guitars' or the 'yodeling vocals'. Your dog can only get run over by your neighbors truck so many times or your wife runs off with your brother (or her cousin Billy... depends if you live down south) so many times before it gets old. I'll give country music one thing though, they have some hot ass woman!

I could have kept going with artists, but didn't want to tire people with incessant chatter.

I hope 102.1 gives us a new format, that of which Chi-town has shown us for quite a few years. My sister works for Clear Channel, and she doesn't even know what's going on. Interesting...

dres
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
no joke i;m listing to 102.1 and just writing down the songs i like, then i;m going to go buy an ipod and a deck that connects to it.

CruxGNZ
07-11-2006, 12:23 AM
How can you listen to that? It's like the b1tch in the passenger seat that keeps searching for "that one good song". F'n annoying.

Neal Steffek
07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLUM-FM

Goat Roper
07-11-2006, 08:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLUM-FM

Nice find.

Considering the amount of anti-corporate words I have heard out of them, I would not be surprised to see a shift by the station.

SPINNING THE DIAL: No, WLUM-FM (102.1) isn't changing its format, although it gave that impression Monday with the station calling itself "Quick 102" and playing choruses of songs. It's a wacky radio stunt designed to draw attention to the "local, independent alternative radio station," as it's actually calling itself. There will be a bit of shuffling of on-air voices, but the format stays the same. . . . Speaking of WLUM, Michelle Rutkowski will do the night shift starting sometime this month. She did weekends and other slots at Chicago's WKQX-FM (better known as Q101), the former radio home of WLUM program director Jacent Jackson. . . .

Yooformula
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
How can you listen to that? It's like the b1tch in the passenger seat that keeps searching for "that one good song". F'n annoying.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA:thumbsup :rolf :rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
07-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Playing your music sped up to chipmunk speed doesn't cut it any more b1tches!

Rocket Power
07-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Your line up looks like XM's "The Squizz" with a little "Boneyard" thrown in. I like both stations.:thumbsup
Me too, with some Liquid Metal trown in.

Slow Joe
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Anyone listen today?? I havn't checked yet...

TURTLE
07-11-2006, 02:41 PM
i've been listening to it while i've been on the road today.. it's still ADD radio...

although, it sounds like a really long commercial for a radio station than a joke, like it actually seems to be...

GrimreaperSS
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Your suppose to tune in at 5 p.m. today for the announcement of what is going to happen. I get 94.1 JJO at home, but cannot get it at work. I agree, there should be a station here that plays the same music as JJO. I do like most of the stuff 102.1 plays, if they could just combine the two! I definitely like that fact that the morning show plays music during the show. I hate the HOG, havent listened too it since about a week after they changed. They say they play 3 decades of music, but all I hear is 70's and mostly 80's junk.
Sorry, but grew up listening to 90's and todays stuff. Also 80's stuff (i.e. Metallica, AC/DC, Ozzy......), I cannot stand Hair Band S**t! I dont even care to listen to B&B anymore. If I had satellite, I listen to Sirius Octane station! Alot like JJO out of Madison. Thats just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Brandon W.
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Glad you like my suggestions for good music. I have a CRAP load of artists that I listen to. Everything except country music... I just do not understand the 'Craftsman tools' lyrics, the 'twangy guitars' or the 'yodeling vocals'. Your dog can only get run over by your neighbors truck so many times or your wife runs off with your brother (or her cousin Billy... depends if you live down south)

Rap: i don't understand how you can smoke pot with your bloods, role on 25" rims in your Escalade, do a drive by have sex with a whole bunch of ladies, get drunk then make a Music Video all in one day.

Heavy Metal: how can you sit there and bang your head up and down for hours and hours continuously then go get drunk and head bang some more. and grow your hair longer then your sisters.

emo: how can you slit your wrists and not be put in a mental institution. how can you sit here and talk about how much you hate this country i would love to see you go live in Iraq. how can you wear Girls Pants? Why haven't your Parents killed you yet.

OK now i know i missed some music groups. and you say country music is stupid. so whatever music Mat73GNZ listen's to i hate. yes i listen to Country if you have not noticed.. oh and 102.1 is usually a good Station but this 5 sec of a song thing is retarded

dres
07-11-2006, 05:01 PM
thank god there back! perfect song to come back to also.

Slow Joe
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Regular 102.1 or a program change??

dres
07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Regular 102.1 or a program change??

regular, they said they were gonna go back to the way they were, started off with guerrilla radio by rage.

Slow Joe
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice... That sucks though that they did that, I would of rather listened to regular music instead of 5 sec clips of everything they've played in the past 5 years :rolf

CruxGNZ
07-11-2006, 07:11 PM
so whatever music Mat73GNZ listen's to i hate.
Awsome, I have a fan!

You're really defensive for someone that listens to some goofy ass music. :D

Brandon W.
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
i was not getting defensive. my point was that Country is not the only goofy ass music out there.and i was joking about the hating your music.

CruxGNZ
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
my point was that Country is not the only goofy ass music out there.and i was joking about the hating your music.
Very true. I was just playin' with ya anyways.

STKMACH
07-12-2006, 01:21 AM
How can you listen to that? It's like the b1tch in the passenger seat that keeps searching for "that one good song". F'n annoying.It's like the b1tch in the passenger seat x1000 I hate that sh#t.......

77thor
07-12-2006, 05:51 AM
I think it was some kind of publicity stunt

Pantera99GS
07-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Maybe they'll stop playing Smashing Pumpkins twice an hour now.

MurphysLaw88GT
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Word

srt4eh
07-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe they'll stop playing Smashing Pumpkins twice an hour now.

ouch...that hurts me:(