PDA

View Full Version : HOLY $HIT!!! Montoya to NASCAR!!!!!

nismodave
07-09-2006, 01:03 PM
:stare :stare :stare :stare :wow :wow :wow :rolf :rolf :rolf

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=224570&FS=F1

redhawk0293
07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
let's see if he can do any better than paul tracy. granted, tracy doesn't have a full ride. could be interesting to see where he starts out on the totem pole.

Al
07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Guess he does not want to turn right anymore.

Flicktitty
07-10-2006, 12:57 AM
yeah, i saw this just tonight, it sure will be interesting to see how he fairs!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Realistically it's where the money is and he's been only so competative lately in F1. It'll be interesting how the southern rednecks react to a Brazilian coming in looking to clear house on thier home turf.

Cryptic
07-10-2006, 07:49 AM
thats seems like a total step down...

1quickgtp
07-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I agree, f1 to nascar...haha

DirtyMax
07-10-2006, 08:31 AM
A few years ago Jeff Gordon and Michael Schumacher did some test together where they turned some laps in their own cars and then turned some laps on each other's cars. If I recall correctly, Gordon was a lot closer to Schumacher's time in the F1 car than Schumacher was to Gordon's time in the cup car. I think Montoya is going to find out real quick that Cup cars aren't "easy" to drive and he's not just going to come in and dominate. Especially not in Ganassi's cup equipment...

Todd Z
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
It was Montoya and Gordon that traded cars for a Speedvision ( before Nascar bought it). The special was called tradin' paint.

DirtyMax
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
It was Montoya and Gordon that traded cars for a Speedvision ( before Nascar bought it). The special was called tradin' paint.

My mistake. I thought it was Schumacher.

I'll be the first to admit I follow F1 about as much as I followed the World Cup... :rolleyes:

redhawk0293
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
montoya actually faired well in that test with gordon's car. in today's paper, montoya pretty much said he was getting bored with f1. it's not always the money.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-10-2006, 04:05 PM
montoya actually faired well in that test with gordon's car. in today's paper, montoya pretty much said he was getting bored with f1. it's not always the money.

Damn if he's that bored and needs some drama in his life he should regster here.
All he has to do is slip up once about his racing history, bike or boat or something and he'd get torn to shreds!

murdoc158
07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
My thoughts:

Ron Dennis FREAKED when Montoya took out both McLarens at the USGP. Fired Montoya right on the spot, but agreed to let Montoya try to save face by figuring out his next career move before the announced firing. Montoya looks to the other F1 teams for options but no one's willing to take on a loose cannon, so he calls Chip Fatassi, who offers him a NASCAR deal. He announces the deal, then McLaren announces that they're letting him go now, to give Pedro some seat time.

10 bucks says that Montoya's Fatassi contract states that if there's an open wheel merger between IRL and Champ Car, and Fatassi fields a team, then Montoya gets first right of refusal at that ride.

There's NO WAY Montoya is happy to be out of F1. All those years karting, the Champ Car championships, I500 win (weak as that field was), then two top F1 rides - all that was aimed at getting a NASCAR ride?

Riiiiiiight.

/conspiracy theory

Al
07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Danika Patrik is thinking about moving to Nascar too!!!

I heard it on the radio and read it on Yahoo's main page.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Danika Patrik is thinking about moving to Nascar too!!!

I heard it on the radio and read it on Yahoo's main page.

Her team should can her too because she hasn't won a race yet. She's good, but not great.

Nick
07-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Should be a lot less accidents in F1 now. lol

Todd Z
07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Ganassi already has an IRl team with two great drivers, Dan Wheldon and Scott Dixon. Wheldon was offered an F1 ride but Ganassi would not let him out of his three year contract. I do agree that Montoya may end up as a third driver.

redhawk0293
07-12-2006, 03:58 PM
i didn't hear about his pending dismissal. but he pretty much said he was bored with f1. now granted he didn't say he was bored outright, but the way his conversation went, he did hint at being bored. i stand corrected if that's not the case.

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I too read an article that his F1 team let him go already...

redhawk0293
07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
yeah, they let him go. article in today's sports page: " montoya was relieved of his f1 duties because daimlerchrysler, parent of both mercedes-benz and dodge, wants him to prepare for his move and also because the team has no realistic chance for the championship, he said". so if he got fired for wrecking, i still haven't come across that information. either way he's coming.