PDA

View Full Version : Police believe alcohol may have been a factor

awsomeears
07-08-2006, 07:17 PM
MILWAUKEE - A 19 year old Milwaukee man dies after a dangerous stunt at a party. Andrew Flick was electrocuted after reaching off a balcony to touch a power line. Witnesses at the party claimed Flick wrapped his legs around the balcony's banister and reached out to touch the electrical wires. Investigators say when Flick touched the wires he fell from the four story balcony to his death. Police believe alcohol may have been a factor.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/topstories/story_3411.asp

What a way to die hey ? Dumb ass

whitehatch
07-09-2006, 03:59 AM
i feel sorry for the family, but thats what alcohol mixed with maybe a not so intelegent person can do, lets face it even wasted a halfway smart person wouldnt even think of doing something so stupid.

awsomeears
07-09-2006, 04:22 AM
i feel sorry for the family, but thats what alcohol mixed with maybe a not so intelegent person can do, lets face it even wasted a halfway smart person wouldnt even think of doing something so stupid.

I also feel sorry for the family :crying but jesus, grabing an electrical line :wooo

Pantera99GS
07-09-2006, 06:30 AM
That's called "weeding out".

ProjectCamaro
07-09-2006, 08:06 AM
That's called "weeding out".

Haha :alcoholic

77thor
07-09-2006, 10:20 AM
....Police believe alcohol may have been a factor....

Duh?

turbogarrett
07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Natural selection, nature's way of thinning the herd...................

Karps TA
07-09-2006, 11:02 AM
"hold my beer, and watch this....."

T-Bag
07-09-2006, 12:23 PM
ahaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I can just see that happening in my head. Like others, I feel bad for the family...I'd be embarassed too if my kid decided to jump on some electrical wires.

fireguyrick
07-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Dude, if birds can do it why can't I?

Rick

Russ Jerome
07-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Natural selection, nature's way of thinning the herd...................

^^^making future reproduction of the gene a non issue ^^^

redhawk0293
07-09-2006, 01:09 PM
like adding chlorine to the gene pool

Yooformula
07-09-2006, 01:16 PM
like adding chlorine to the gene pool
:rolf :rolf :rolf

Al
07-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Reminds me of this...

http://scruss.com/wordpress/wp-content/dontwhiz.jpg

STKMACH
07-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Rick LMAO

Brandon W.
07-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Reminds me of this...

http://scruss.com/wordpress/wp-content/dontwhiz.jpg

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

formul8
07-10-2006, 08:54 AM

Rick

I was thinking the same exact thing.:popcorn

DirtyMax
07-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Darwin Award of 2006 goes to....

88Nightmare
07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I wonder if his encounter with the power line interrupted power service to the people in the area. If it did, I'd be pissed off. That 30 case in the fridge isn't gonna chill itself without juice comin in to the house.

HAMRHEAD
07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Sometimes it's better to just get it out of the way before you end up taking others with you in some other stupid stunt. ******* idiot!

sidewayzbimmer
07-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok to clear all this bashing up! He was not doing a stunt trying to jump to the wires. He fell off the porch and first instinct was to grab the wires. They should not have been that close. How would any of you feel if this were you friend? Kinda shitty ass comments! I can post his moms response to the whole thing if you would like....then see your views how you want!

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 04:10 PM
The sh!tty ass comments came from the article which portrayed it as the kid doing it on purpose. If your story is the case, people would likely understand a little more...

But what about this?... was it a conspiracy against him?. It says witnesses... as in plural.

Witnesses at the party claimed Flick wrapped his legs around the balcony's banister and reached out to touch the electrical wires.

awsomeears
07-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Ok to clear all this bashing up! He was not doing a stunt trying to jump to the wires. He fell off the porch and first instinct was to grab the wires. They should not have been that close. How would any of you feel if this were you friend? Kinda shitty ass comments! I can post his moms response to the whole thing if you would like....then see your views how you want!

If thats the case this is Very Very Very sad, I just actually found out threw myspace that I know people that were very close to him :stare do I feel bad Hell yea I do, but if he did what the NEWS says he did then all the comments stand as correct.

This thread should be deleted because I feel like an ass posting this :( if what you say is the real deal.

Death sucks and I wish it on nobody.

redhawk0293
07-12-2006, 08:15 PM
if it were my friend, i'd go to his funeral and say "dumbass, wtf " drinking and sitting on a railing on a 4th story porch = disaster. i feel bad for the family yes, but when will these kid's learn? i sometimes wonder if this generation missed out on the common sense video game. even if he wasn't wasted, what the hell was he doing on the railing. like i said before, common sense seems to have jumped a generation.

Nick
07-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Some of you guys are so incredibly insensetive it's disgusting. That was my good friend Joe's younger brother.
Their family is absolutely devastated.

I lost an older brother myself when I was younger. It's nothing to ******* joke around about no matter if the person was messing around or not. Don't act like you have never done something idiotic in your lives(IE: Street Race, etc.).

A young kid is dead. A life lost.

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I think the thing you guys who knew this victim need to realize... People were basing their comments off of what the article portrayed as a "foolish act" by someone who drank too much (underage to boot). If reaching out for the line was a last ditch effort to keep from falling then I think everyone would likely retract their comments. I think the media can be thanked for this whole debacle if indeed they twisted this one up... :confused

Nick
07-12-2006, 11:12 PM
regardless. A life has been lost. A very young one at that.

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
It's tragic, no doubt. Easily avoidable at the same time too though... Everyone's going to die and few know exactly how. No need to go looking for it... :crying

Nick
07-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Andrews myspace page with comments from family, friends and his mother.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3464983

http://myspace-724.vo.llnwd.net/00914/42/77/914137724_l.jpg

DirtyMax
07-12-2006, 11:37 PM
That's some sad sh!t. So I take it the newspaper portrayal of "what happened" is a bunch of crap??? Please enlighten... :confused

sidewayzbimmer
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
That's some sad sh!t. So I take it the newspaper portrayal of "what happened" is a bunch of crap??? Please enlighten... :confused

News will portray a story as to teach a lesson. Its like high school gossip!

fireguyrick
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
News will portray a story as to teach a lesson. Its like high school gossip!

Yet Family and Friends will portray a story as my child did nothing wrong. The thought of my child making a mistake is ridiculous.

Yes, it is unfortunate that a young life was lost. There are always two sides to a story, and then there is the truth. If someone is killed street racing, most people on this site respond with very similar comments. It is just how it is. The fact is that you can say someone was an idiot for what they did, but still be sympathetic to the remaining loved ones.

Rick

Berettaspeed
07-13-2006, 07:34 PM
^ good point