PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Hot Rod Power Tour stopping in WI

Larry99TA
07-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I was watching our July 4th parade on our local cable channel, our Mayor was on there and he was talking to the comentators there, and mentioned that next year the Hot Rod Power tour would be stopping in Racine. Thats right sports fans we are to be the Day 3 stop from Michigan. He said that their going to block off the entire downtown area and the Lakefront. I'm going to try to speak with the Mayor and beg him not to screw it up like Greenbay did.

I think after the Greenbay visit they didn't think they would want to come back to Wisconsin. So I want to let him know that he's not just trying to make Racine look good, but he's trying to redeem the State of Wisconsin. Just thought I'd let you guys know this just in case you hadn't heard it yet.

jbiscuit
07-07-2006, 09:53 AM
2007 is a long ways away

HAMRHEAD
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
The 05 power tour which started in Milwaukee didn't go so bad. So as long as Racine doesn't screw it up we should be good as a state!

Mssplayboybunie
07-07-2006, 01:04 PM
the 2005 tour was great at Miller Park, personally I think that was the best place to ever hold it because the area was big enough for all the cars, but it always helps when the weather is decent too, not much fun looking at cars in the cold & rainy weather.

PB86MCSS
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Miller Park was deemed a success by Hot Rod, IIRC. It seemed to work out great with a nice location, good weather and many exits/entrances from the expressway right there which made it easy. I'm suprised Racine was picked, rarely go down there but even some residents familiar with the tour think it might be a reach to host it there without a big venue to have it at. Either way I definately plan to check it out! :D

Karps TA
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Miller Park was a great venue.

What place doesn't deserve a return is Springfield. That was a complete cluster last year.

Flicktitty
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Cool, that should be fun!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Miller Park was deemed a success by Hot Rod, IIRC. It seemed to work out great with a nice location, good weather and many exits/entrances from the expressway right there which made it easy. I'm suprised Racine was picked, rarely go down there but even some residents familiar with the tour think it might be a reach to host it there without a big venue to have it at. Either way I definately plan to check it out! :D

I got to talk to some people from the magazine and vendors after we left Miller Park on that Power Tour and they said it was one of the smoothest starts they've had. Also was the fact there was actually things 'to do' around our town and places to go drive-HWY100.
Racine will be like Springfield I'm afraid because there is no single place large enough for the launch - unless if they do Regency mall that morning.

y2kws6
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Sweet, now to look at what we can do with the kids for that week :)~ Longhaulers here we come.

Dan and Jacki

FANAT1C
07-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Sweet, now to look at what we can do with the kids for that week :)~ Longhaulers here we come.

X2

How about trying to arrange the tour with some from here? Think about it for now. I'm sure this topic will arise again next year.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Nice meeting you tonight Fanatic at Culvers
john