PDA

View Full Version : Since the Diesel Truck Craze Swept the nation ............

awsomeears
06-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Since the diesel truck craze swept the nation, is it just me or is every NEW Diesel Truck driver a total TOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we all know that Black **** comes out of your tail pipes when mashing the gas pedal.

ohhhhhhh yes, you must give her hell at every light till 25 MPH then let off of the gas totally so you can hear your Turbo go.....

Ba looooooooooooo loooooo

wooooo wooo woo

:goof

hrsp
07-01-2006, 12:07 AM
basically thats how it goes:goof

pOrk
07-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Ba looooooooooooo loooooo

wooooo wooo woo

:goof

:rolf :rolf :rolf

88Nightmare
07-01-2006, 01:14 AM
I drive a few select straight trucks and big rigs at work with turbos and they spit out all sorts of black smoke. am I a tool?

on second thought, maybe ya shouldn't answer that...

BadAzzGTA89
07-01-2006, 01:31 AM
I drive a Big Rig and it has lot's of power:devil :devil

88Nightmare
07-01-2006, 09:54 AM
gotta love the feel of all that torque. Never before have I driven a vehicle where the frame starts to twist under torque at only 700rpms

purpl72olds
07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Every one probably has there own opinion on this but i think that if your making big power with one its pretty cool. If its stock and slow thats gay but i think you could say that about any other car too. In my mind i would say that most people that have fwd cars that have loud exhaust and rev them way out when driving are tools too!

limpimpg
07-01-2006, 10:55 AM
thats ok next year in march 2007 they will go cheap (the trucks). diesel will go though the roof around 4.00 a gallon due to emissions and reformuated fuel .and it will be like the suvs sitting and can't give them away.thats what suv most people are trading them in on.well aleast down here.

Rocket Power
07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I see a lot less diesel tools than compact car drivers revving their overly large tipped exhaust, and driving like they're at Indy or something zipping in and out of lanes:goof :rolf

awsomeears
07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I totally think Trucks are cool, im not nocking them. Because there is some Fast **** out there.

Just an observation. Sort of like FWD cars, there all now classified as a Race Car. Thats only if there is a Fart can on it.

Al
07-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Well, one of the bad aspects of owning a diesel in Mequon is that most of these guy's wives cant remember which pump to pull up to and end up filling the thing with regular unleaded.

I don't know what they do next, but I have seen a few trucks out of commission on driveways because "she filled it up with the wrong gas again!!!"

HAMRHEAD
07-01-2006, 01:18 PM
That would suck! Gas is expensive enough but to fill up a truck and have to drain it and fill it again, that's just cruel.

Cryptic
07-01-2006, 01:19 PM
ouch!, I gotta imagine that does some damage too.

Al
07-01-2006, 03:13 PM
What happens when people do that?

rx-8t
07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
i'd like to know too actually

Yooformula
07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
I agree about all of the newbies with diesels. Its one thing to jump off the line but EVERYTIME vs anycar??? even a slow as$ Tracker?!?! Come on, I have seen way too many diesel owners now smashing the gas at every light just to hear the bov and see the smoke show also, I agree its old now.

HITMAN
07-01-2006, 07:31 PM

My wife would only do that once, because the second time the unleaded nozzle would be sticking out of her ass.:punch: That's probably one of the many reasons I'm not married...:thumbsup

subliminal1284
07-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I saw some tool in a huge diesel truck with a lift kit out at Union grove racing against a riced out hyundai, Truck blew couds of black smoke all the way down the track.....Hyundai won. lmao. Silly brick drivers

Slow Joe
07-01-2006, 10:02 PM

I know on the Jetta TDi that if you fill it with unleaded the motor needs replacement afterwards... It's not a good thing... We've had a few lot attendants fill a TDi with unleaded, yeah normally turns into a mess and is not covered under the manufacturers warranty...

purpl72olds
07-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Most diesel trucks if filled with unleaded gasoline have to have the tanks drained and the lines flushed, plus a new fuel filter installed. Then after all that the system has to be bled out and usually after getting it started agian it must be run for awhile to get any gas out of it and they smoke like crazy (blue smoke that is). Havent heard of them causing any damage but i suppose if they ran long enough it is possible not having the same lubricants in gasoline as in Diesel fuel.

88Nightmare
07-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I would imagine on a diesel engine, if you run gas through it, you will need some form of an engine overhaul and/or replacement. Diesel burns much slower and contains a lot more oil/lubricants than regular gasoline. Because of this and high diesel compression, I would assume something would go kaboom on a diesel with unleaded in it.

MoreTorque
07-04-2006, 12:18 AM
thats ok next year in march 2007 they will go cheap (the trucks). diesel will go though the roof around 4.00 a gallon due to emissions and reformuated fuel .and it will be like the suvs sitting and can't give them away.thats what suv most people are trading them in on.well aleast down here.

The new ULSD diesel is out already. I am running it in my truck right now.... and I paid 4 cents less per gallon than 87 octane :) The new engines will just require a particulate filter. Less soot, less smell and more power. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer diesel engines over gas. I find them easier and more fun to drive. The increased fuel mileage is AWESOME! 20mpg in my 3/4 ton 4x4 and 45-48mpg in our diesel car makes it a lot less painful to drive anywhere.

My truck will lay down a cloud of soot, but I only use it when someone is riding my bumper. It works GREAT for getting people to back the hell off.

Rifleman WI
07-04-2006, 06:14 AM
I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer diesel engines over gas. I find them easier and more fun to drive. The increased fuel mileage is AWESOME! 20mpg in my 3/4 ton 4x4 and 45-48mpg in our diesel car makes it a lot less painful to drive anywhere.
My truck will lay down a cloud of soot, but I only use it when someone is riding my bumper. It works GREAT for getting people to back the hell off.
i love diesels too :thumbsup .. my dads gotta 90 f 350 with the 7.3 and i love the thing.. i woulda got a diesel truck insted of my mustang, but there way too much more than i spent on my car for a decent one. i do want a jetta or golf TDI one day tho...

SmokinRAM114
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
my dads duramax does this black smoke your talking about... i saw some little red focus on hwy 59 and oakdale he had a green light already rolling 10-20 mph and punched it by me and i was standing still his face was priceless when i went flying past him bellowing black smoke in his window before he could even grab another gear... and he thought his car was so fast..after that not once did he get next to me or fly by.. i even slowed down to run him again and he just slowed down further.

Al
07-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I think that new VW Rabbit is going to come in TDI. Some rumors place it around 70 mpg.

MoreTorque
07-06-2006, 11:30 PM
It will be a bit before we see one in TDI though. The current TDI does not meet 2007 emission standards.

Brandon W.
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
we have 2 Diesels at my house. both my step-dad's. we have a 2002 F-350 that does that "Black Smoke" thing very well and the highest we have had the Boost is 30 pounds about 16- mpg. then for a DD he has a 2003 Diesel "TDI" Jetta. 50+ MPG. we love diesel's and turbo's at my house. :banana1: :banana1:

Al
07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I remember one of the guys I worked with 'back in the day' at the old Marathon station had an 80s diesel rabbit which I nicknamed the "Diesel Rocket" because it left a plume behind it.

One time, the guy (was stupid enough to) fired it up in the garage and kept reving it till he smoked the shop up really bad. When he finally opened the door, it looked like the place was on fire for the first minute.

formul8
07-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I saw a sky high lifted F250 diesel WHACK a newer 911 Carrera from a stop light a while back. The Porsche owner was stunned. I know that truck is fast because they were both pulling hard when I was chasing them in my '04 GTO.

The amount of soot that came out of the truck was unreal.