PDA

View Full Version : got pulled over for stupid reason...

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 03:20 AM
ok, i went up to hwy too meet some friends at oscars. stayed there for bout a half hour then we took off. we went down hwy past speedway made a u turn at the colders entrance kept on goin blah blah... got to amf lanes and i see a silver impalla, got closer and saw thet it has cop plates. instantly thought fu*k! :confused he was goin 35 mph, i passed him in the right lane goin 40 and he pulls in my lane behind me, again fu*k! flips on the lights and pulls me over, i pulled into the budget car and truck rental place. he comes to my car and asks the usual question "do you know y i pulled u over" i said i have no idea. at first i thought he was pulling me over for the exhaust i have on my tiburon, but no, not for speeding or racing, not for a burnt out tail light, the pig pulled me over because i had my fog lights on, yes i got pulled over for having my fog lights on, the most fu*king ridiculous reason i ever heard in my life:fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire i got a ticket for $109 and 4 points :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :flipoff2: :fire i was surprised that i didnt go nuts on the pig, but o well. the ticket said, improper use of adverse weather lamps. adverse weather wtf???, he said that i shouldnt have my fog lights on when there is no "adverse weather" when i got the ticket and he went back to is car to leave i got out of my car to have a cig cuz i was really pissed, he said that i cant stand and smoke in that parking lot, i straight up told him i dont smoke in my car and im lot leaving till im done, he just took off, and i was :flipoff2: after he pulled on hwy. i never heard that i cant have my fog lights on at night when there is no bad weather. i thought he would give me a verbal warning, or a written warning at most but no i got a 109 dollar ticket and 4 points. if i dant pay or dont go to court, i can loose my lisence for up to 5 years :punch: i smoked a half pack in less then 2 hours because i was so pissed for getting pulled over for having my fog lights on. he told me he pulled over 6 people before me for the same reason, that just makes no sence to me.

sweet, now i get to tell everyone at work y i got pulled over 4, and how stupid west allis pigs are!

RyanM
06-30-2006, 03:28 AM
I saw it with my own eyes. Simply amazing that you can get pulled over for that. I hope it drops completely in court. If not, we are making a website to warn the public that their factory adverse wealther lamps cannot be used legally if there is no adverse weather.

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 03:35 AM
hell yea ill make a site bout it, i was floored when he said he was pulling me over for "improper use of adverse weather lamps"

Rifleman WI
06-30-2006, 03:57 AM
thats gay.. good thing i dont have foglights anymore:D

Slow Joe
06-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Are they stock fog lamps?

WilliamZ
06-30-2006, 08:17 AM
I have been pulled over for this also. According to the cop you are only allowed one set of driving lights to be on. The fogs count as another set. I was not given a ticket though.

jbiscuit
06-30-2006, 08:20 AM
THATs GHEY!!!!!!

PureSound15
06-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Wierd. I know there's a ticket for european cars having their rear fog light on during fair weather but front fog lights? Wierd.

Considering that you see just as many cars with both sets of lights on, I wouldn't think they would bother.

67-400
06-30-2006, 08:36 AM
WOW, Sorry to hear that! That gets me mad just reading your post!! Thats good that you kept your cool to the cop though, otherwise what else would he got you for? Tire tread wasn't deep enough, or some other stupid reason?

juicedimpss
06-30-2006, 08:39 AM
those lights are annoying though.

77thor
06-30-2006, 08:50 AM
I didn't know they could get you for that

wikked
06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
So does that mean they can pull you over for having your headlights on during the day then?

"improper use of nighttime driving lamps" :goof

Nix
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
WOW, Sorry to hear that! That gets me mad just reading your post!! Thats good that you kept your cool to the cop though, otherwise what else would he got you for? Tire tread wasn't deep enough, or some other stupid reason?

Mike I got one for Improper Tire Equiptment a few years ago when I had my 94' Z28.

As for this cop, such BS man. Take it to court and fight it.

Jeff
06-30-2006, 09:19 AM
That is so phucking stupid. How can they make something illegal that comes stock on most cars ? They just dont have enough **** to whine about I guess.

d0nut
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
They have had that law for a long time now, most of the people I hear of that get popped are driving Harleys with the spotlights on.

I honestly think it comes down to a form of profiling. Import car with no front plate and fog lights on gets pulled over and my wifes 300m with the same situation gets ignored.

Rocket Power
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
My GP has the fogs on all the time unless the highbeems are on. I was just on the hwy around 2:30 3:00am coming home from work.
Then again I am a 34 yearold driving a boring commuter car:rolf

Firefighter Z
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Wow that cop must of forgot to take his Midol... That totally retarded... Now if that we're me I'd tell to F-off there factory lights aka. legal...and drive away and hope to get on the news LOL....

You should of did a citizens arrest, if he was driving at 35mph then thats considered a traffic hazzard... But that is definatly profiling case right there.

Yooformula
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
I have been stopped once and warned about my fogs being on but I leave the switch on with the headlights. Funny thing is that I have seen plenty of people drive past cops with no wipers going in a downpour. Whats more dangerous???

DirtyMax
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
According to the cop you are only allowed one set of driving lights to be on. The fogs count as another set.

Does this mean the people who choose to drive around with just their parking lights and foglights on (no headlights) are being legit?

wikked
06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Does this mean the people who choose to drive around with just their parking lights and foglights on (no headlights) are being legit?

Yes.

WilliamZ
06-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Yep

HAMRHEAD
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I never new this was illegal. I know they use stupid offenses like that to pull you over then check everything out and ticket you for serious stuff. But he actually ticketed you for that dumb sh*t. What's this world coming to?

SSmike1
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Fight it,
that is an easy one to get the DA to change to a NON points violation!

if he won't, hire a lawyer, and FOR SURE it will become Non-Points.

ASK the DA, where in the Law Book, does it actually say that!

fireguyrick
06-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Fight it. Just go to court and refer to

347.07 Special restrictions on lamps and the use thereof.
347.07(1)
(1) Whenever a motor vehicle equipped with headlamps also is equipped with any adverse weather lamps, spotlamps or auxiliary lamps, or with any other lamp on the front thereof projecting a beam of intensity greater than 300 candlepower, not more than a total of 4 of any such lamps or combinations thereof on the front of the vehicle shall be lighted at any one time when such vehicle is upon a highway

How I read that is that you had your foglights on along with your lowbeams. That equals a total of FOUR lamps on, which is within the law per Statute 347.07

Rick

fireguyrick
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM

Wikked is incorrect on this. Statute 347.06 states:

347.06(1)
(1) Except as provided in subs. (2) and (4), no person may operate a vehicle upon a highway during hours of darkness unless all headlamps, tail lamps and clearance lamps with which such vehicle is required to be equipped are lighted. Parking lamps as defined in s. 347.27 shall not be used for this purpose.

Rick

wikked
06-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Wikked is incorrect on this. Statute 347.06 states:

347.06(1)
(1) Except as provided in subs. (2) and (4), no person may operate a vehicle upon a highway during hours of darkness unless all headlamps, tail lamps and clearance lamps with which such vehicle is required to be equipped are lighted. Parking lamps as defined in s. 347.27 shall not be used for this purpose

Rick

Parking lamps are the orange ones on the side doubling as the blinkers?
Otherwise they would have said "Adverse weather lamps" ?

LIL EVO
06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
That has nothing to do with fog lights. That says you can't have your parking lights on while driving, you must have headlights on.

Fog lights are considered a distraction when there is no fog. Obviously if there is no fog, snow, or rain, there is no need to have them on other than for show. (No one cares that you have fog lights)

fireguyrick
06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Parking lamps are the orange ones on the side doubling as the blinkers?
Otherwise they would have said "Adverse weather lamps" ?

I missed read the statement, for some reason I missed the WITH FOGLIGHTS on. All that registered was with parking lights on. I stand corrected, and wikked is correct. My bad.

Rick

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
all i know is im still pissed off big time, i couldent even sleep last night, if i got the ticket for a decient reason like my exhaust i wouldent care, but fog lights, i am literally looseing my mind and cant think straight, i fell like going to the pd and doing a little cussing out!

west allis pb better watch out:punch: :chair:

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 04:18 PM
either way thanks for all the info i will have to print it out and take it to court with me so i can fight this

thanks again!!!!

pOrk
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
And heres the news you cant wait to hear. They wont drop all the points, and they wont touch the fine at all. West Allis has this great new policy since last year. Anything that happens on hwy 100 between cruising hours ( 8 pm - 6 am ) will not be dropped. Good luck at court :thumbsup

I have decals over my headlights, and I havent been pulled over for that yet :-P

Yooformula
06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
You may want to call the board lawyer and ask him his opinion before you go in halfcocked. You may or may not have to have a lawyer help you on the this one because of the points but at least ask....it cant hurt.

RyanM
06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
either way thanks for all the info i will have to print it out and take it to court with me so i can fight this

thanks again!!!!

I wouldnt do that. Dont let the pigs know about this forum or any members/their cars.

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 06:11 PM
I wouldnt do that. Dont let the pigs know about this forum or any members/their cars.

o, i didnt mean from bcm i wanted to find the law online and print it out, what was the site that every one got the info from??

yea i just typed that without thinking since i am pissed still.

Berettaspeed
06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
thats super gay. WAPD needs to give people tickets for a good reason. not for some lame ass ****.

danwaite
06-30-2006, 06:36 PM
That piece of **** cop cut my ass off to pull him over, **** WAPD, if I didn't slam on the brakes I would of wrapped my **** around the pole and then got a ticket for loud exhaust, to add to my loud exhaust ticket from a few weeks ago, pos

STEALTHZR2
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
That sucks!!! Sorry to hear that you are being blamed for something stupid to cops eyes. The cop must have wanted to feel tuff that night for sure.

danwaite
06-30-2006, 07:01 PM
it's called quota, even though they all say they don't have them, it's bullsh1t, isn't it kind of funny you see them 1000 times more at the end of the month

RyanM
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
it's called quota, even though they all say they don't have them, it's bullsh1t, isn't it kind of funny you see them 1000 times more at the end of the month

yep, its true...

titan dohc v8
06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
i told everyone at work and they were all stunned as he11, no body believed me when i said fog lights, they were like u've got to be kidding, cant be true. every one was on my side about it that is a stupid reason, and that the cop should have left me alone.

i wont be able to make any more post till tommorrow my laptop is messed up and dosent want to start up so i will try to fix it other wise i will post tommorrow.

thanks again to all the people for their support!!!!

u_say_go
06-30-2006, 09:22 PM
why did you have your fog lights on?

Scales
06-30-2006, 09:28 PM
About 100 years ago when I cruised HWY, I got pulled over for not having my headlights on. I had the orange parking lights, and my factory installed fog lights on. I didn't get a ticket, but I was told that it is illegal. When I tried to question it and ask him to show me the statue, he said he would also show me the statues for window tint, rear tires outside the wheelwell, loud music, no front plate, etc... I said thank you and have a nice day. Turned on my headlights and continued to cruise. But that was 100 years ago. Who knows what they do now...

fireguyrick
06-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Link (http://www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/stats.html) to all of WI's statutes.

titan dohc v8
07-02-2006, 01:30 AM
why did you have your fog lights on?

i always have my fog lights on i go through brookfield, pewaukee, waukesha, mikwaukee (like milwaukee gives a shi*) etc. i'm on hwy every day because i work at the toyota dealer, and sometimes there is a cop at that furniture store accros the street and he sees me pulling out every time he is there and he never went after me.

thanks for the link to the statutes fireguyrick

danwaite
07-02-2006, 04:10 AM
I am board as $hit, and it's 4:20 in the morn so I read this post again and remade the story with smilies, enjoy :)

(:wooo I was driving with my fog lights on) (:guns1 :crazyeyes Cop Turned his lights on and pulled me over) (:wtf I was like what the fu*k am I getting pulled over for)(:deal The cop explained he was giving me a ticket for my fog lights being on) (:bsflag I said this is bullsh1t and was very sad :crying) (:loser :asshole at this point the cop was a loser and an a$$hole) (:fire I then lit up a cig) (:flipoff2: :mad: As the cop pulled away I was flipping him off and I was very mad) (:chair: I wanted to beat him with a chair) (:whip Now I will have to goto the police station and deal with it and pay the ticket)

u_say_go
07-02-2006, 09:00 AM
i(like milwaukee gives a shi*)

:rolf :rolf :rolf
You really gotta be phucking up to get pulled over in Milwaukee. Pulling someone over for fog lights is just retarded. Sorry to hear ya got the shaft.

Cleveland Dave
07-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I am board as $hit, and it's 4:20 in the morn so I read this post again and remade the story with smilies, enjoy :)

(:wooo I was driving with my fog lights on) (:guns1 :crazyeyes Cop Turned his lights on and pulled me over) (:wtf I was like what the fu*k am I getting pulled over for)(:deal The cop explained he was giving me a ticket for my fog lights being on) (:bsflag I said this is bullsh1t and was very sad :crying) (:loser :asshole at this point the cop was a loser and an a$$hole) (:fire I then lit up a cig) (:flipoff2: :mad: As the cop pulled away I was flipping him off and I was very mad) (:chair: I wanted to beat him with a chair) (:whip Now I will have to goto the police station and deal with it and pay the ticket)

hahahaha nice :goof

and btw thats the most bogus thing ive ever heard i drove around with my aurora and my saturn with the fog lights on all the time. the camaro i havent got around to replacing the bulbs yet i would never dream of getting a ticket for something like that.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Fight it. Just go to court and refer to

How I read that is that you had your foglights on along with your lowbeams. That equals a total of FOUR lamps on, which is within the law per Statute 347.07

Rick

Notice when you turn your highbeams on, the fog lights turn off.

Al
07-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Rain last night = adverse weather conditions!!!

Go to NOAA.gov and get a report of yesterday's weather for West Allis.
The roads were also wet which necessitated the use of your fog lamps.

The relative humidity was near 100% last night. The ground typically cools faster than the air, which will result in the formation of radiation fog. I saw radiation fog in many areas of West Allis last night and would make a notorized statement on your behalf to assist you in your situation.

NOAA > WAPD !!!!

If your cards were played properly, would you be able to go after the police for harassment or profiling?

wikked
07-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Rain last night = adverse weather conditions!!!

Go to NOAA.gov and get a report of yesterday's weather for West Allis.
The roads were also wet which necessitated the use of your fog lamps.

The relative humidity was near 100% last night. The ground typically cools faster than the air, which will result in the formation of radiation fog. I saw radiation fog in many areas of West Allis last night and would make a notorized statement on your behalf to assist you in your situation.

NOAA > WAPD !!!!

If your cards were played properly, would you be able to go after the police for harassment or profiling?

psst... he got pulled over Friday, not yesterday :goof

HITMAN
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
See if you can find an old brochure for your car. Then look up the optional equipment. See if the auxiliary lights in question are referred to as "fog" lights or "driving" lights. If they are referred to as "driving" lights, then obviously the OEM doesn't consider them to be "adverse weather" lights, so why does the WAPD? Besides, if they're considered "driving" lights and you were "driving" your car at night with them illuminated, weren't you just doing what the OEM intended in the first place? ;) :D

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I PHUCKING H8 TRAFFIC COPS!:flipoff2:

titan dohc v8
07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
i think i have one from when i bought my car i will look and see, otherwise i will go pick one up for a 06 and see what it says.

TransAm12sec
07-04-2006, 12:38 AM
And heres the news you cant wait to hear. They wont drop all the points, and they wont touch the fine at all. West Allis has this great new policy since last year. Anything that happens on hwy 100 between cruising hours ( 8 pm - 6 am ) will not be dropped. Good luck at court :thumbsup

Do you know exactly when they started this?

Al
07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
See if you can find an old brochure for your car. Then look up the optional equipment. See if the auxiliary lights in question are referred to as "fog" lights or "driving" lights. If they are referred to as "driving" lights, then obviously the OEM doesn't consider them to be "adverse weather" lights, so why does the WAPD? Besides, if they're considered "driving" lights and you were "driving" your car at night with them illuminated, weren't you just doing what the OEM intended in the first place? ;) :D

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I PHUCKING H8 TRAFFIC COPS!:flipoff2:

Could that count as one of those 'technicality' things and allow you to get away with it?

pOrk
07-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Do you know exactly when they started this?

This was when Judge Murphy was still there, sometime last summer

titan dohc v8
07-04-2006, 03:40 AM
i got pulled over bout 10:30ish, i think, i dont have the ticket in front of me now

titan dohc v8
07-04-2006, 04:06 AM
i got pulled over bout 10:30ish i think, i dont have the ticket in front of me right now to give the exact time.

titan dohc v8
07-04-2006, 04:12 AM
oops, didnt see that the first message showed up:confused

10secgrosrygetr
07-04-2006, 08:36 AM
F-ing rediculous i woulda told himto shut up and just left!!!!