PDA

View Full Version : Cost of a True Dual setup?

Firefighter Z
06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Whats the cost for a true dual setup for a LT1...Cost of X-pipe and which is best, etc etc.

Im thinking in just getting rid of the SLP and going the true dual setup with 2 16 1/2 Dynomax bullets. Have cutouts behind the driver/pass. seat and then run pipes out the back to where my GFX are.

-Josh.

HAMRHEAD
06-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Check out speed inc. LS1speed.com they sell the X pipes and custom fab true dual set ups all the time.

Crawlin
06-30-2006, 02:09 PM
my true duals with an x-pipe and i provided the mufflers. it is about $500 for custom bent up. that is dumped before the axle though.

Because of the complexity of going all the way out the back(it can be done though) the pipe bending takes awhile and therefor brings the price up. I think that's around $1500 at Speed Inc.

A local guy around here has that done with Borla XR-1's and it sounds awesome. He's got the white convertible with the plates that say "ID WINN"

Chris

SlowStee
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Whats the cost for a true dual setup for a LT1...Cost of X-pipe and which is best, etc etc.

Im thinking in just getting rid of the SLP and going the true dual setup with 2 16 1/2 Dynomax bullets. Have cutouts behind the driver/pass. seat and then run pipes out the back to where my GFX are.

-Josh.
we dont have many options for X pipes :(

I went with a summit universal X pipe, and the shortest dynomax bullets, dumped off before the rear diff...the X pipe really did not fit well at all, Kilpatricks pretty much re-fabbed the whole thing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D642130&N=115&autoview=sku
+
like $25 for collector reducers
+
Bullet mufflers (not expensive dont recall price)

I really like the way it sounds though :thumbsup

Firefighter Z
06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Doesnt Flow Tech make an X- pipe for the LT1's???

Speed Inc dont have much of an LT1 selection anymore.

Crawlin
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
they'll still do it. hell you can find the TSP rumbler package online used in some cases for like $250 and you just need to mate it up to your specific set of headers.

Mr. Brett
07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
they'll still do it. hell you can find the TSP rumbler package online used in some cases for like $250 and you just need to mate it up to your specific set of headers.

That's what I would do. TSP's have been selling for $200-300 used on LS1tech and LS1.com. Awesome setup at a good price.