PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

sirish21
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi, my name is Josh. I drive an 89 Firebird Formula 350. I'm from Waukesha, WI. It's equipped with a 5.7 350 V8 and an automatic transmission. I currently have no pictures of my car.

Alright, here's the story. My brother and I bought an 89 Firebird Formula 350. Needed a starter and a few cables. Got it started after putting that on. I must add that this car sat for about a year ... anyways ... Drove it for about fourty five minutes and realized that there was an engine knock that was pretty loud. I then realized there was very little oil pressure. I had a friend look at it and listen to it. Nobody has actually taken the engine apart, but they all believe it to be a connecting rod. If it is infact the rod, I have I guess three options. Rebuild, get a totally new engine, or possibly buy a short block and salvage what I can from my current engine. Any suggestions or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Slow Joe
06-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, let me help you with this to get you on the right foot... use this form:

Hi, my name is ___Your Name___ I drive a __Make and Model of Vehicle___. I'm from ____City, State___ and I like to ____Adj.____. I did ____Things done to my automobile._______________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________ to my car. It's equipped with a _Engine displacement then # of cylinders___ ____ and a __automatic, manual or semi-automatic are the only choices___ transmission. Here are some pictures of my car.

[insert picture here]
[insert second picture here]

Then ask your question...

Oh yeah, welcome to BCM :thumbsup :rolf

Adamsy87
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Pm-d ya!

Firefighter Z
06-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Ok, let me help you with this to get you on the right foot... use this form:

Hi, my name is ___Your Name___ I drive a __Make and Model of Vehicle___. I'm from ____City, State___ and I like to ____Adj.____. I did ____Things done to my automobile._______________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________ to my car. It's equipped with a _Engine displacement then # of cylinders___ ____ and a __automatic, manual or semi-automatic are the only choices___ transmission. Here are some pictures of my car.

[insert picture here]
[insert second picture here]

Then ask your question...

Oh yeah, welcome to BCM :thumbsup :rolf

:rolf :rolf :rolf ^^^^ Dude your such an ass. LOL :rolf :rolf :rolf :goof

Slow Joe
06-29-2006, 10:57 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf ^^^^ Dude your such an ass. LOL :rolf :rolf :rolf :goof

LOL, Thanks... But see, he filled out the form.. .:goof :thumbsup At least I said welcome... :durr

10secgrosrygetr
07-04-2006, 08:47 AM
take the oil pan off if you can and check the bearings thats what it was on one of my buddys motors

88Nightmare
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
seems as if damage has already been done, but I have a slightly similar story. I bought a 94 Silverado with the 350. It sat for about a year and the oil was severely gelled and gummed up and I was getting bad lifter/rocker/valve noise. After running the gunk engine flush through there, did a full oil change, and filled her back up, it ran like a dream and quiet as a mouse. For your case, you may have already done irreversable damage. My advice? Pull the motor and drop in a 572.

wikked
07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
another irish josh? sheesh :goof