PDA

View Full Version : GLD tech in

HAMRHEAD
06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
I have never personally went through tech there. How strict are they? I ask cause I really don't want to put a 10pt cage or a chute in my car right away. Should I just shut it down at 1/8 mile every run? Or do they pretty much know what you should have by what is in your car (performance wise)?

DirtyMax
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
The tech people there are pretty knowledgeable. Meaning by looking at a car, they will know what safety components should be in place. On RSD nights, they seem to be a little more leniant, but not at the expense of safety by any means.

Pantera99GS
06-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Beware the angry old man- he'll beat you if you look at him wrong.

theavenger333
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
and fail you for blinking wrong

BAD LS1
06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
The old guy isnt there anymore.

MT98Z
06-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Yea the the Old guy is still there he teched me in the night I went.He was taking over just as I got in line one of the owners was doing it.He was there last friday also,just dont bu//sh/t him too bad and you'll be alright.

HAMRHEAD
06-29-2006, 06:01 AM
I might just put the 6 pt in for now and hope that I pass. I am all about safety but these cages are dangerous on a street car. It's not a daily driver but it still bothers me.

DoubleAron
06-29-2006, 06:49 AM
So let me get this straight, having a 6 point bar on the street is dangerous? A car that you make it sound like will go 150mph+ doesn't need a chute or cage @ the track? That sounds logical to me.:chair:

HAMRHEAD
06-29-2006, 10:01 AM
So let me get this straight, having a 6 point bar on the street is dangerous? A car that you make it sound like will go 150mph+ doesn't need a chute or cage @ the track? That sounds logical to me.:chair:
It's not about logic! It's about I would like to tune my new set up on some milder passes, work on launching, and let her fly for the last run. I do need the equipment for the last run but on the street my wife likes to drive my car (normally) and I refuse to think about her smacking her melon on a fricking bar cause some asshole who just saw a movie wanted to drift (or **** just happens too). I can except something happening to me since it would be 1 full run. After she drives it for awhile and is bored with it I would put the cage in and chute on. So yeah it's not logical but neither is spending all that money on a car, but she still helped and supported the project.