PDA

View Full Version : front drag wheels w/wilwoods

HAMRHEAD
06-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Any guys here using the wilwood 6 piston brake kit? If so what wheels would fit these brakes and are suitable for using at the strip? I want to use a lightweight skinny wheel but the regular skinnies are out do to fitment. Any advice?

Crawlin
06-28-2006, 11:59 AM
The big 6piston brakes will not work with the majority of the aftermarket skinny 15" rims. If you wanted lightweight brakes, some of the companies like Aerospace make a "street" kit that will still work with skinny's. I have the Wilwood HD drag brakes on the rear of my car with the 9", but i still had to grind the calipers because of the deep backspacing we have to use for stock width rims(15x10 with a 7.5" backspacing)

HAMRHEAD
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah I would need 17" wheel minimum up front. I thought about a custom bogart wheel that is around 5.25" but was hoping for something cheaper. I could just use a regular 17" wheel and try to find the lightest possible. The rears I'm gonna have Bogarts since I refuse to grind calipers again. I had to grind the fronts to fit my smoothie 2's and now they look like sh*t. I'm not all about looks but I don't like taking nice things and turning them into crap.
Anyone know some lightweight 17's out there?

Crawlin
06-29-2006, 09:39 AM
CCW's

Like SLOWC5 has on his vette. they are skinnies to fit over the vette brakes.

You can go with some of the centerline wheels, like the Convo pro. Tom did that so he didn't have to grind.

HAMRHEAD
06-29-2006, 10:40 AM
I might be thinking of a different wheel but I thought with the convo pro's you had to grind? What are CCW's? I've heard of them but I want to look them up for pricing and can't remember.