PDA

View Full Version : MMA guys...step in....

Lash
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
one of the best fighters ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJY_Sf7C4I

moels
06-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Awesome video, thanks for posting. He is such a well rounded fighter and all business about it. Never runs out of gas. He would destroy the heavyweights in the UFC. I don't get to see him fight much unless i catch it on FSN sometimes.

SlowStee
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
AMAZING grappler :stare

This guy has not fought in UFC at all?

Yooformula
06-27-2006, 11:36 PM
That guy is badass! I bet UFC will bring more fighters on board but it looks like they want to build up their base first. There are alot of good fighters in PRIDE also although I cant stand Frank Trigg and his commentating.

hrsp
06-27-2006, 11:48 PM
good post..pride has some BADASS dudes... quinton rampage jackson just fought some russian guy and got tore up...cant think of his name.

turboZ
06-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks for posting that, I rarely catch any of his fights.

awsomeears
06-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Now that dude scares the **** out of me, why you ask. Because he Looks like a normal heavier set guy.

Bumping into him at a bar fight would be Nuts.

Teufelhunden
06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
I was waiting him to rip a few arms off. He even bounced back from the huge head first slam...

Yooformula
06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
good post..pride has some BADASS dudes

Yes they do, but for some reason their videos always look like some kid used an old camcorder to tape them.:confused

hrsp
06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
yeah there video quality is crap..really "low budget" i hpe it gets better as the sport grows

Yooformula
06-28-2006, 12:38 AM
I hope so too but no doubt the UFC is bringing MMA mainstream.

ThatWhiteCivic
06-28-2006, 01:53 AM
He reminds me of Chuck Liddell nasty counter punch, nasty ground and pound, but this guy adds a nasty arm bar to his fight. I would like to see him and Chuck go at it or him and Sylvia. But Sylvia will probrolly get into a arm bar sitiuation, other dude ends up snapping his arm and ref. stoppage. :goof

hrsp
06-28-2006, 02:21 AM
i'm watching pride right now @ 2:30 am on fsn..there was just a GREAT slug fest!!wooot

Yooformula
06-28-2006, 03:03 AM
I finally got to watch that vid.....VICIOUS!!! There isnt a heavyweight in UFC that could hang with that kind of power except for maybe Munson but his standup is terrible compared to some of those guys. Even then some of his opponents looked weak as hell and shouldnt have been in the ring in the first place.

Lash
06-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Pride's top fighters > UFC's top fighters...nuff said.

:)

SlowStee
06-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Pride's top fighters > UFC's top fighters...nuff said.

:)
for now :D

Lash
07-09-2006, 11:00 AM
for now :D

Muahahahaha!!! We shal really see now!!!!!

It was announced last night at UFC 61..
If Liddell beats babalu at UFC 62....he will fight Wanderlei Silva next!!!!!!!!
I love Chuck...but he's dun if this happens!!!
Pride will soon be in the U.S.

Yooformula
07-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I dont know about that.... alot of the MMA forums seem to think that Liddel is amongst the toughest fighters in MMA and will give most Pride fighters a run too. I think the true test will be Babalu for prides' entry into the ufc. But Franklin, Hughes, St. Pierre, Arlovski, BJ Penn and Silvia are considered to be equals in technique and ground and pound to most anyone in pride. Submissions may be slightly edged out by the pride fighters but well have to see. The heavyweight class is dominant in pride though. Still Fedor is the only completely dominating fighter I have seen yet in terms of strentgh, endurance, gp, submissions and flat out stand up brawl.

Lash
07-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Time will tell :D

This could possibly be the best fight ever!!!! it's gonna be great. I'll still root for chuck....but it's gonna be a tough one for him.

If the fight even happens that is. the both have fights before...with roughly 2-3 months to prepare for their fight against each other. There are alot of rumors flying.

Yooformula
07-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Agreed. I dont know how Chuck is going to fight Sabrol, then Tito and then Silva!!! Thats alot of beatdowns to administer or recieve in a short period of time.

Lash
07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I think they'll end up holding off on the Ortiz liddell fight and have him fight the winner of the Silva/Liddell fight.

In all honesty...I'm not gonna get too excited til both are in the cage and the gate is closed. :)