PDA

View Full Version : help my car was stolen

Sleeper Sierra
06-27-2006, 08:01 AM
my 84 buick gn was stolen sometime between 9pm last night and 7am this morning. some of you have seen this car. if anyone see's a grand national and can identify it as mine? please help me in any way that you can my phone # is 920 277 9175 and my name is Seth. it was stolen right on greenfield ave near springdale rd.

JohnnyT
06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Man, that sucks! I have seen the car and will keep an eye out for it. Sorry to hear man.

PB86MCSS
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
:(

I will definately keep my eye out for it...stolen from New Berlin? Yikes. Guessing someone had their eye on it for awhile. Hopefully it was just for a joyride or something and you get it back shortly intact.

rally_scort
06-27-2006, 08:50 AM
damn...i just saw that car the other week at the show...sucks to hear man..ill keep a look out...any disctintive marks or something that makes it original at all interior or exterior? good luck man...i saw the car on greenfield at your house??...some balls to take it from that spot...hope everything works out for ya

WilliamZ
06-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Wow that's sh*tty!! I think I just saw it last night on the way to the BCM show right on the side of Greenfield Rd. :( I will keep my eyes open. One of my buddies 87 Turbo T was stolen from downtown. They found it and they had even swapped in a 86-87 GN interior! The engine got pretty beat up though. Sorry to hear about your loss.

sidewayzbimmer
06-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I will also keep and eye out and spread the word!
Good luck

84hurst
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that man, I'll definately keep my eyes open. Do you have the last six of the vin or something so we can identify it if we see it? Good luck man.

Yooformula
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Damm, that sucks! I hope you had insurance on it even though it was for sale. Thieves suck and should be beaten into oblivion!

Sleeper Sierra
06-27-2006, 07:11 PM
something different about it is that th 3.8litresfiturbo emblem is on the decklid instead of the hood. No I did not have insurance on it my insurance company would not insure it because i have yet to receive the title. I got it in the mail today. the police said not to be too optimistic about ever seeing it again. WTF

Cryptic
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Possibly post up the VIN???

PB86MCSS
06-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Wonder where most cars are found in the area? I'd find out and drive around in case....

There was a board member here(forget who) who owns a used car lot that had a very clean 86' or 87' Regal T(307 but with TR treatment) stolen and not found that I remember. Of course it might of been found after the settlement with insurance.

Its not that big of a city, hopefully enough eyes can find it before its too late.

BadAzzGTA89
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Please tell me it was not an outsidecar:fire
That sucks noone can own anything nice anymore without f-er's stealing it!!!

BadAzzGTA89
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
P.S i see a forsale sign in the window was this recent?
Did people look at it?

Firefighter Z
06-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Ya post a VIN number so when someone sees it and checks the VIN and it is your car, they can call the police right away.
I've seen a few GN's around O.C. and S.M. but they been here for awhile.

Yooformula
06-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Phockers! Sorry man to hear you even have to go through this.

PB86MCSS
06-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I've seen a good amount of GN's early this summer bumming around, mostly in the HWY 100 to Moorland road area....nothing shady, but anything is possible.

Since it was for sale that might be a good chance someone who looked at it made note of it and came back...or if you bring it to work alot, someone might trace it from there?

86GUTLASS
06-28-2006, 10:32 AM
MY cutlass was stolen 5 or 6 years ago when i worked on the south side 27th street in brod daylight.I got it back 1or 2 months later.they found it on the north side. a$$holes

PB86MCSS
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Your current Cutlass? Or a different one.

Sounds odd to find it after 1-2 years, usually it seems its within a month or never.

Either of you guys have security devices? G-Bodies are way too easy to steal without any protection and obviously desirable by less than desirable people :fire

Berettaspeed
06-28-2006, 04:56 PM
i would check with some of the chicago boards and PD. the sad thing is anyone and their mom can steal these things. its too easy. Fvckin GM.

the white letters help along with the badge.

hoipe it works out man. that sucks big time.

86GUTLASS
06-28-2006, 05:25 PM
My car was recovered 1month and a half after it was stolen.I still have the car.The Milwaukee sheriff's found it in some guys front yard for sale.I t had a vin number for a 88 cutlass on it.I got lucky the sherrif had a 86 cutlass and he new that vin#didnt belong to my car.

Now i have a chicago collar and a secret kill switch.

Lash
06-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Now i have a chicago collar and a secret kill switch.

That still aint gonna stop me. I'm waiting til you finish it before I come get it. :banana

Sucks about your car man. The good thing around here is that they are kinda rare...so with any luck they should be able to find it.

Sleeper Sierra
06-28-2006, 06:05 PM
vin # 1g4ak4796eh505006 If this was a smart theif they would have already changed the vin. the decklid emblem is a dead giveaway. The GN's always had them on the hood. ther is also a 2" long scratch in the header panel right above the grill on the right side. If anyone thinks they have seen it give me a call at 920 277 9175. the cops have basically told me not to expect to ever see it again. what chicago boards should i check?

PB86MCSS
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Which cops did you talk to? If it was New Berlin I'm not sure they are exactly theft experts...I'd say maybe 50/50 you'll see it again but that 50% might mean a stripped car :(. Being a 84' that interior isn't too common so that could help locate it or parts, if its not re-covered.

I posted on BrewCityStreetMachines.com and TurboBuick.com to help get more people aware.

Sleeper Sierra
06-28-2006, 08:48 PM
thanks paul. stripped car means drag car

Sleeper Sierra
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Car Was recovered. More info to come...

JohnnyT
06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
That's good. Hopefully you got all or at least most of it back.

PB86MCSS
06-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Do tell....

Glad to hear it was recovered this quickly. I'd assume thats a good thing(joyride?), not stripped already or totalled :(. Maybe even found the culprit(s).

Lash
06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
He forgot he parked it in the garage?

:goof

Glad you got it back.

Berettaspeed
06-28-2006, 10:24 PM
damn.. that is great news... now i bet your wondering what shape its in. i had my car stolen and i was more worried when they said they found it and what shape it might be in. luckey the idiots hit a curb and could not drive it due to a bend tie rod and a broken rim. no body damage or anything. hope yours turns out good.

good luck

MurphysLaw88GT
06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Car Was recovered. More info to come...
Awesome......now to see how MUCH was recovered, i bet they were from the "NORF" side

drrodder
06-28-2006, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=PB86MCSS]Wonder where most cars are found in the area? I'd find out and drive around in case....

Future note:
A few years back, my boss had his car stolen from Milwaukee and it was parked on W. Park Lawn Drive between Hwy 18 and Bluemound. The cops told him that there was a ring that would steal cars in the city, drive them out to Waukesha and then pick up stolen cars from Waukesha and drive those back to Milwaukee. This was around the apartment complex where there where most people don't know everyone's cars, so it doesn't look suspicious.

PB86MCSS
06-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Interesting.

I suspect most are found on the near north/northwest side (watch someone give me racist comment feedback) :chair: from what I've heard and common knowledge, but who knows. Common sense says not-in-a-good-area ;).

If a car of mine was stolen and I cared about it I'd pick the Milwaukee auto-theft department's(do they have one?) brain to see where they are dumped most often and cruise around to see what I might find...surely the police generally don't care about *property* crimes. :punch:

Sleeper Sierra
06-29-2006, 02:10 AM
well i have it back but it is not pretty ther is no drivetrain, or interior. it is basically a shell with 1 door and fender the rest is gone. there is apparently a GN theft ring in the area? more info to come. will post depressing pics tomorrow. just left the new berlin p.d. must sleep now work in 5 hours.

Scales
06-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Man that really sucks!! I suppose on the bright side you got the car back. When there was an attempt on my car (car was in my garage, neighbors car was broken into, battery put into mine) WAPD did a 10 second look-over on my car and said there was no case. Hopefully NBPD can be a little more helpful for you! Best of luck!!!

DirtyMax
06-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Do I recall seeing that there was no insurance on the car? That sucks.... Sorry to hear that. I'd rather they not found it at all then get it back like that. :fire

PB86MCSS
06-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear it :(

GN's are almost always stolen for parts it seems(more than other cars), sucks thats how it turned out. That was a quick recovery though, where did they find it? Wherever they found it is probably within a few blocks of where the sh!tbags stripped it.

I would like to know what *theft ring* means, always hear that term.

JohnnyT
06-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Damm dude, that really sucks! Unfortunately those G bodies are really easy to steal and have always been a big target. Having owned my share of those cars, both TR and non, it pi$$es me off when I hear about stuff like this. I hope they find the fvckheads that did this!!!

Goat Roper
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Condolences and congrats in the same post doesn't seem to make much sense but I guess it applies here.

Berettaspeed
06-29-2006, 03:29 PM
time to hit up ebay. hope those assholes pay.

97z2801ss
06-29-2006, 10:54 PM
sorry to hear man

Sleeper Sierra
06-30-2006, 06:45 PM
here is what i got back. i will take 1500 for it it is super solid and vary straight. would make an awesome drag car.

Yooformula
06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Man that sucks so bad to hear about this. I dont know if its good or bad that they found it since you had no insurance.

68RR440
06-30-2006, 07:10 PM
The top of the steering column looks all chewed up, what the hell where they doing? Amatuer looking theft job, but they knew what they wanted when they stripped it, and they did it in one day, right?
Thats a real sad sight. My condolances. :crying
Where excactly did they find it?

80maliwagn
06-30-2006, 08:03 PM
That really sucksa, I dont know why they would take a hot air gn.

68RR440
06-30-2006, 08:09 PM
What :confused :alcoholic

Yooformula
06-30-2006, 08:26 PM
OMG those pictures hurt! Do they even check for fingerprints when it comes to this?

Looks like someone will be showing off their freshly rebuilt GN around the town. I dont even know how I would react if I saw that.....no wait, I know what I would do.

Scales
06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
OMG those pictures hurt!

Couldn't have said it better myself!! I think I'd still be taking the crying game shower right now if that were my car. Man, I'm really sorry!!! :(

86GUTLASS
06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Those wheels on the front look familar:)

Lash
06-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Damn...those are some sad pictures.

PB86MCSS
07-01-2006, 02:47 AM

Pretty horrible. I'm also curious where it was dumped....

Those front wheels borrowed or put on the car? If they put them on it appears like quite a g-body chop shop they have going...by only the passenger side door and fender taken I'd guess all the parts are meant for one particular Regal/GN. They swap out the rear end and/or leave the EFI gas tank too? F-ing morons. Good chance they are aware of this thread too and have been paying attention for all we know.

For something twisted to do, put it back for sale in your yard where it was parked and a big sign saying *come get the rest*...not like it will do anything..

Also curious how the NB PD handled it, considering there probably aren't many thefts at all in the city.

CruxGNZ
07-01-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm with this guy. The hot air GN drivetrains aren't worth very much. That really sucks that this happened to you, but why woud they steal and strip this car, besides gaining a few body parts? Doesn't make much sense at all. Then again we're dealing with F'ing morons here.

PB86MCSS
07-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Go to a junkyard and see the g-bodies that are commonly stolen and stripped...even if the parts aren't super valuable, if its better than the slapdicks that are stealing the cars have on their own or their friends cars....they'll take them. Of course it could be a chop shop too, who knows. The people might not of even known the difference between a hot-air and IC setup until they opened the hood on this one either.

I got my 8.5" rear off a 87' GN that was a theft/strip I found at Al's in Franklin, about the only thing they left of value was the rear, also the doors/fenders but the car had some rust issues unlike Seth's.

2kgtp
07-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Damn Seth. Sorry to see that. Those pics are incredible. Makes me want to cry.

danwaite
07-01-2006, 07:25 PM
That's sad man, I'm so sorry to hear about it, did NBPD print it or anything??? I feel your pain I'd be locking and loading and every mint grand national I see now :(

MurphysLaw88GT
07-01-2006, 08:32 PM
That is gay

Sleeper Sierra
07-01-2006, 09:50 PM
the nbpd is doing a great job actually. the rear and efi tank were left in the car. I am looking for a 7.5 rear to throw in the car so i can keep the 8.5 the nbpd has recovered some more parts but i really can't disclose the details right now.

Seth

PB86MCSS
07-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Hmm, sounds very interesting if they are recovering more parts...possibly on to catching the thiefs? Car found in New Berlin, or somewhere in Milwaukee, etc? Curious minds want to know! Glad to hear the PD is doing a fine job.

87SleeperGN
07-03-2006, 01:04 PM

Pretty horrible. I'm also curious where it was dumped....

Those front wheels borrowed or put on the car? If they put them on it appears like quite a g-body chop shop they have going...by only the passenger side door and fender taken I'd guess all the parts are meant for one particular Regal/GN. They swap out the rear end and/or leave the EFI gas tank too? F-ing morons. Good chance they are aware of this thread too and have been paying attention for all we know.

For something twisted to do, put it back for sale in your yard where it was parked and a big sign saying *come get the rest*...not like it will do anything..

Also curious how the NB PD handled it, considering there probably aren't many thefts at all in the city.

the guys in NB PD are good guys...know a few pretty well.

87SleeperGN
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm with this guy. The hot air GN drivetrains aren't worth very much. That really sucks that this happened to you, but why woud they steal and strip this car, besides gaining a few body parts? Doesn't make much sense at all. Then again we're dealing with F'ing morons here.

its not the car itself as a whole its when you part the car out that makes it so valuable. They mustve wanted to part it out to sell.

PB86MCSS
07-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I think they took the parts for a specific car, hence leaving one door and one fender...sure the hot air motor isn't a world beater but its probably alot better than whatever engine the recepient car had. Of course being for parts is another good explanation...

My only experience with the NB PD wasn't a good one, got pulled over last summer in my LS after dropping a friend of mine off at night at his apartment on Moorland road. Apparently there were a few car break-ins recently at this complex so they were patroling, understandable. The attitude one of the officers had toward me left alot to be desired, pretty much accusing myself of being a thief with comments like *we won't have any break-ins tonight then, will we?* before letting me go....total douchebag. I should of asked for his name/badge number or whatever to report but surely nothing would of happened anyway. Because I'm driving an older Monte and looked like trash being in my softball clothes(cut off sleeves, etc.) I guess I must of been the guy :flipoff2: . That said, having friends and family who were/are officers, I always give them the benefit of the doubt and commend them on their job, I know its not an easy one for the most part. Guess I got a bad apple.

whitehatch
07-05-2006, 12:32 PM
damn that sucks man, I guess I never realy thought of things like this happening so often in the muscle car world, it copuld have bee worse i guess, when my friends integra got stolen it was found cut into 4 peices. btw there is a big boom in car theft in the past 2 weeks or so a lot of well known hondas are getting taken locally it kind of sad really, everyday it seems i check honda-tech and there is another stolen car post.

88Nightmare
07-05-2006, 10:41 PM
so wheres more details? Where was the car recovered? What other parts did you get back? Did they catch the douche bags yet?

SmokinRAM114
07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
****.... i really like gn's.. and i looked at this one its a super nice car.

68RR440
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Extra parts, might be worth checking into...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/178651636.html

PB86MCSS
07-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm also curious, where was it found? Also what parts were found?

There is a GN or blacked out TR for sale on 70th and National about, appears it has t-tops, etc....not that its a link to the parts but who knows.

Memphis
07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I dont think it matters much where it was; besides, likely details cannot be shared if its an ongoing investigation. I'm very glad for him that it sounds like pieces are coming back together.

PB86MCSS
07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
True, but wherever the car was found is most likely very near by where it was stripped apart...mostly curious if it was found in the typical *hood* or the off-chance maybe somewhere in the 'burbs. The fact it was picked up at the NB PD makes it appear it was recovered in NB, maybe I'm wrong :confused . Playing investigator can be fun...perhaps I should become an officer :goof .

Sleeper Sierra
07-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I will give details when i am allowed I just can't say anything right now. Sorry

RanJer
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
From what I hear from a friend that works dispatch at WAPD, there's been a lot of thefts/attempted thefts all over Milwaukee. Glad to hear you got it back, even in it's sad form.

ffvetteman
07-14-2006, 08:53 AM
I think they took the parts for a specific car, hence leaving one door and one fender...sure the hot air motor isn't a world beater but its probably alot better than whatever engine the recepient car had. Of course being for parts is another good explanation...

My only experience with the NB PD wasn't a good one, got pulled over last summer in my LS after dropping a friend of mine off at night at his apartment on Moorland road. Apparently there were a few car break-ins recently at this complex so they were patroling, understandable. The attitude one of the officers had toward me left alot to be desired, pretty much accusing myself of being a thief with comments like *we won't have any break-ins tonight then, will we?* before letting me go....total douchebag. I should of asked for his name/badge number or whatever to report but surely nothing would of happened anyway. Because I'm driving an older Monte and looked like trash being in my softball clothes(cut off sleeves, etc.) I guess I must of been the guy :flipoff2: . That said, having friends and family who were/are officers, I always give them the benefit of the doubt and commend them on their job, I know its not an easy one for the most part. Guess I got a bad apple.

It sucks that you got jacked up, but dont take it personally. Im not trying to defend the cops, but i think of it like this, if there were break ins in the area, I would want the cops in the area checking on people. I would not mind being stopped and questioned on what I was doing there if I knew they were trying to keep unwanted people out of the area. I would be pissed off if my car got broke into and would rather have them there jacking me up.

I hate to say they were doing their job, but you gotta know they dont know you from a criminal. They prob gave attitute to show they were not f-ing around, if you were the criminal. If they did jack up the criminal, they may think twice about comming back knowing that the cops area watching the area.

Dont take it personally, most cops are good and out to help you when you need it.

I am curious to see what happens with this recovered GN. Glad you got it back. I can understand not talking, let them get the info and hopfully the jag offs who did this.

I can wait for the info.

PB86MCSS
07-14-2006, 01:19 PM
It sucks that you got jacked up, but dont take it personally. Im not trying to defend the cops, but i think of it like this, if there were break ins in the area, I would want the cops in the area checking on people. I would not mind being stopped and questioned on what I was doing there if I knew they were trying to keep unwanted people out of the area. I would be pissed off if my car got broke into and would rather have them there jacking me up.

As I stated before, I don't mind getting pulled over at all in that situation. I also understand what its like to have my car broken into and am glad they would patrol the area, do whats neccessary, etc. But after running my license, telling them I dropped off my friend who lives right there, gave his name and seeing that the only thing on my record would include a parking ticket and a speeding ticket, that should be a sign I'm not some thug, I'd think. Its not like I was wearing dark clothes and carrying tools on me. I'm guessing because of my car and the fact I was dressed in my softball clothes which appear white trashy-like, they assumed I was their guy. Granted it was relatively late too which compounded it all ;). But whatev.

Poncho
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
any update to the car?

rocket350olds
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM
damn that sucks, was that car really fast or just a stock gn, because i saw a gn for sale over son the north side!!