PDA

View Full Version : So, Who wants a "real" import meet?

RanJer
06-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I just really want to know how many people local to this area have supras, 240s, 300s, cressidas, starions, conquests. Any one else with a nicely built import accepted. Preferably of the rear wheel drive persuasion.

Am I the only one? I don't want to big an ass but I'd like to meet the other rwd import guys in the area.

Flicktitty
06-27-2006, 01:54 AM
hmmm, well i have a 86 Nissan 300ZX Turbo, but it will be no-where near street ready till 07' but if you would like i'd still be willing to meet up. and if you are around in a few months i'll let you know when my car will be out! :D

fireguyrick
06-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Woooo, hold on there. "REAL" import meet? What ever do you mean by "REAL?"

I certainly hope what you mean is in regards to it being True Imports vs. Sport Compacts, and not some RWD vs. teh world thing?

Of course, I suppose I could always get a spare diff and weld it up so I could run the STi RWD. Might break an axle or driveshaft, but it could be fun. Though, I did just recently learn how to do RWD only burnouts in the STi....so could that count instead?

Rick

petej
06-27-2006, 09:18 AM
i have a galant that is one of 3000 ever "imported" into the u.s. but its AWD so i guess that doesnt count

JohnnyT
06-27-2006, 09:28 AM
i have a galant that is one of 3000 ever "imported" into the u.s. but its AWD so i guess that doesnt count

I have two that I can't bring... :mad:

nismodave
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I dont think he was trying to be harsh towards the FWD and AWD crowd.

Maybe he just likes the RWD cars. Its no different than the EVO/Sti crowd or Honda crowd, or F body.....or stang..............

If you want to orginize a Japanese RWD meet, Im down.

1loudrex
06-27-2006, 11:22 AM

I certainly hope what you mean is in regards to it being True Imports vs. Sport Compacts, and not some RWD vs. teh world thing?

Of course, I suppose I could always get a spare diff and weld it up so I could run the STi RWD. Might break an axle or driveshaft, but it could be fun. Though, I did just recently learn how to do RWD only burnouts in the STi....so could that count instead?

Rick

that makes two of us :D

wikked
06-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I just really want to know how many people local to this area have supras, 240s, 300s, cressidas, starions, conquests. Any one else with a nicely built import accepted. Preferably of the rear wheel drive persuasion.

Am I the only one? I don't want to big an ass but I'd like to meet the other rwd import guys in the area.

Oh yea, you're like a fücking rock star rolling up in a stretch Countach with a jacuzzi in the middle and drunk half naked groupies with big hair doing coke off each other's tìts when you roll on the set with that Toyota Cressida.

:rolleyes:

Cres·si·da
n.
A Trojan woman in medieval romances who first returns the love of Troilus but later forsakes him for Diomedes.

JohnnyT
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
that makes two of us :D

Wow apparently the GVR4 crowd isn't even good enough to hang with the "big boi" AWD'ers... Man I just love the import scene in Milwaukee.... :rolleyes:

jbiscuit
06-27-2006, 01:09 PM
johnny we can organize our own little AWD meet up :)

JohnnyT
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
We can J, but we won't be near as cool as those other import guys though... :durr

petej
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
everyone always forgets about the grocery getters, i guess thats kinda what i love about our cars

1loudrex
06-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow apparently the GVR4 crowd isn't even good enough to hang with the "big boi" AWD'ers... Man I just love the import scene in Milwaukee.... :rolleyes:

i meant you guys to. I was just talking about this supposed RWD ONLY meet.

Like said a few posts above. We can organize are own AWD ONLY meet. :banana

RanJer
06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
where exactly does it say RWD ONLY, you guys are the one who said that. I said preferably rear-wheel. Sorry I should have been more specific, basically meant like Rick said... not sport compacts.

petej
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
blowing things out of proportion is fun

JohnnyT
06-27-2006, 02:55 PM
blowing things out of proportion is fun

It's the BCM way! :banana1:

1loudrex
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
where exactly does it say RWD ONLY, you guys are the one who said that. I said preferably rear-wheel. Sorry I should have been more specific, basically meant like Rick said... not sport compacts.

im just givin ya a hard time.

DSMDuDE
06-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Ill bring pics of the GVR4, since the new owner will be picking it up saturday, and i dought i will have the VIII by then :(

Cjburn
06-27-2006, 05:11 PM
So what you're saying is no DSM, no Civic made after 1987, no Altimas, no Accords made after 1984, no Corollas made after 1991, honestly this list could go on. However, a Focus could go, since it is assembled in Mexico.

TURTLE
06-27-2006, 05:37 PM
same thing with some 1st gen neons(1994-1999)... as they also were assembled in mexico...

CruxGNZ
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Suprajer, maybe this site is more up your alley. http://jgtca.com/ They are a good group of guys with some very nice rear wheel drive only imports.

Berettaspeed
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
i like how most of the cars are broke.. LOL

RedGSX
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM

Rick

haha you talking about the e-brake trick?

fireguyrick
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
haha you talking about the e-brake trick?

Yep, e-Break, heel-toe, and DCCD all the way back.

Not good for the diffs, but you know what I think about diffs? F**K diffs:banana1:

Rick

junk mx6 no rly
06-28-2006, 01:25 AM
what about me 88mx6 import?plzzz :alcoholic

junk mx6 no rly
06-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Yep, e-Break, heel-toe, and DCCD all the way back.

Not good for the diffs, but you know what I think about diffs? F**K diffs:banana1:

Rick

me too diffs take out my tranny thats the only weak point otehrwise theres a posi from aus lol so i think i get a free kanga also.but its 1200bux

supra213
06-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Elmhurst Toyota will have its 6th annual car show in Illinois on august 13th. There is always a big turn out of supras.

nismodave
06-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Hell, Id rather it would be RWD import only. FWD and AWD are gay.:punch: :devil ;)

JohnnyT
06-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Hell, Id rather it would be RWD import only. FWD and AWD are gay.:punch: :devil ;)

Nice Dave... F U too... :D

junk mx6 no rly
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM

yeah i wouldnt like them either if i didnt know how to launch too lol :alcoholic

fireguyrick
06-28-2006, 11:55 PM

Dave is just trying to deal with the fact that there are alot of AWD imports in the area that would have made his dyno numbers at aloha look bad. He just got lucky that Aloha does not have an AWD dyno.:durr

Rick

nismodave
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Dave is just trying to deal with the fact that there are alot of AWD imports in the area that would have made his dyno numbers at aloha look bad. He just got lucky that Aloha does not have an AWD dyno.:durr

Rick

The problem is that so many of those fanboy EVO/WRXs are around, with mostly 17 year olds driving them. You cant tell the difference between the fast ones and the stock ones. They are all so common.

As far as dyno #s, If I wanted a fat turbo with a buttload of lag to put up 500hp on a 2.0, that wouldnt be too difficult.

Then I could put my sheet in my sig like you used too.:banana :loser ........;)

GTSLOW
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Nice Dave... F U too... :D

http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album86/silly.jpg

All imports are cool as long as they're not over done. :thumbsup IE Excessive neon, ginormous body kit, and a huge wing.

Al
06-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I've got a different type of import. I don't think I want to run with a Jap import crowd.

:D

jbiscuit
06-29-2006, 10:20 AM
I've got a different type of import. I don't think I want to run with a Jap import crowd.

:D

OK cool. :thumbsup

carkid0101
06-29-2006, 11:24 AM
wow for a second there dave was steppin close to actually pissin me off.

Oh and http://jgtca.com/ is deffinetly not RWD only dude, do research before ya post

Bee
06-29-2006, 12:41 PM
stock being so discriminating... "REAL IMPORT MEET".... get that sh1t straight people... sport compact NEONS, Cavaliers, etc are considered Imports if you guys haven't noticed!!! go to any import event and you'll see SCC... if you guys want an import meet don't be so fuken stubborn... my 2 yens!!!:goof

RanJer
06-29-2006, 01:53 PM
guh.. this thread is obviously going nowhere. My name is Jeremy, I have a Supra, anyone wants to meet me/hang out/have a beer. Just let me know, and bring friends.

CruxGNZ
06-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh and http://jgtca.com/ is deffinetly not RWD only dude, do research before ya post
Sorry dude, I forgot about you all wheel drive dudes. Okay dude? I'm on that site too.

rx-8t
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
i'd definatley be down, especially if some starions & conquests show up. i used to own an 88 starion (black)and i love those things more than any other car ive owned, including my current mazda.

supra213
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
How does your rx-8 handle the boost? Any troubles with it thus far?

rx-8t
07-01-2006, 03:40 AM
well, here's the thing, i only had it for a week, then i hit some gravel coming around a turn and yeah. ill hopefuly get it back next friday. but onn to your question.
ive had no problems with it thus far. boost holds steady at 6psi, no detonation, but it IS a rotory, and i literally do break out in a cold sweat if i think something isnt running right.
it actually took it quite well, and its faster than i expected, ask mike(redGSX) he and a couple of my other buddies helped me put it in at brad's garage, the night of the bonfire as a matter of fact. thanks again bro, youre one of the good ones.

there are a few things i need to do to the motor to ensure reliability i.e. having racing beat modify my oil pump, one step colder plugs, stuff like that.
(not to mention im re-building the motor and stepping up the boost next summer :) ) that reminds me i need to start a new thread i have a question for everyone.

CruxGNZ
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Sweet! A guy I know threw a Cosmo 13b into a RX-8.
http://betamotorsports.com/images/serviceimages/FinalInstall-1.jpg

rx-8t
07-01-2006, 06:09 PM
now THAT is a good idea.

supra213
07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
So when is the meet again???